What could go wrong?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25431295
United States
06/27/2013 08:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Obama: US won't send fighter jets to intercept Snowden
Snowden would have never lived long enough to do the interview with the press, if he didn't have extremely damaging material, documents and evidence being held by trusted people who will go public with ALL of it if anything happens to him.

THAT is why he will not be intercepted, droned, suicided, the victim of an accident, etc.

If they can hunt down and eliminate everything and all loose ends, then there is no safe place on the planet for him.

It's a stalemate for now...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25431295

Every day this goes on we are one step closer to learning the real reason Snowden was sent into the NSA...

Regardless of how OBummer tries to cover up the pile of "do do" in the litter box...he is secretly trying to do whatever it takes to shut Snowden up!
 Quoting: CuriosityCat1

The only reason he hasn't revealed everything is because that is all that is keeping him safe now.

The next move the covert agents will likely consider is to capture and detain a loved one of Snowden, then threaten to harm them if he doesn't give up everything and everyone involved, then turn himself in and face the criminal charges... They may not go there, but it is possible now.
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

User ID: 543618
United States
06/27/2013 08:58 AM

Report Abusive Post
Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa came up with scalding online remarks over criticism his country faced from the US press for potentially granting asylum to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

“They’ve managed to focus attention on Snowden and on the ‘wicked’ countries that ‘support’ him, making us forget the terrible things against the US people and the whole world that he denounced,” Correa said Wednesday in response to a Tuesday Washington Post editorial.

The world order isn’t only unjust, it’s immoral,” Correa added.

[link to rt.com]

Last Edited by Sleeping Giant on 06/27/2013 08:59 AM
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41557167
United States
06/27/2013 09:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
well no shit , they just pissed away 100 million for mr moobacca to roam around africa . got no money left in the kitty
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7947333
United States
06/27/2013 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
President Barack Obama says he won't engage in wheeling, dealing and trading to get NSA leaker Edward Snowden extradited to the U.S.

Obama says he also won't be scrambling military jets to go after a 29-year-old hacker, rejecting suggestions the U.S. might send the Air Force to force down a plane carrying Snowden from Russia to another country.

[link to hosted.ap.org]
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

Since when is Snowden a "hacker"? He didn't hack into anything. He talked about what he dealt with, he didn't have to access someone's computer covertly or illegally.

Just more spin from media.
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

United States
06/27/2013 09:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
Obama walked a fine line on the question about Snowden, addressed during a press conference in Senegal at the start of his trip to Africa. He said he "continues to be concerned about the other documents" Snowden has, but he suggested the media has hyped the story.

"I'm sure it will be a made-for-TV movie down the road," Obama said dismissively about the Snowden case.

[link to www.foxnews.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21164912
United States
06/27/2013 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think Obama is secretly is happy with all this crap. After all, it makes the USA look weak.
 Quoting: indiandave

ohyeah

That is one thing that he actually is good at.

This. You know O is laughing his skinny black/white ass off.
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

United States
06/27/2013 09:11 AM

Report Abusive Post
King Entitlement Obama shouldn't have to talk to Xi, Putin about Snowden

President Barack Obama said on Thursday he had not yet spoken to Chinese President Xi Jinping or Russian President Vladimir Putin about the U.S. request to extradite former American spy agency contractor Edward Snowden.

Speaking at a news conference in Senegal at the start of an African tour, Obama said normal legal channels should be sufficient to handle Washington's request that Snowden, who left Hong Kong for Russia, be returned.

"I have not called President Xi personally or President Putin personally and the reason is...number one, I shouldn't have to," Obama said.

"Number two, we've got a whole lot of business that we do with China and Russia, and I'm not going to have one case of a suspect who we're trying to extradite suddenly being elevated to the point where I've got to start doing wheeling and dealing and trading on a whole host of other issues," Obama said.

[link to news.yahoo.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31036137
United States
06/27/2013 09:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
He'll have a heart attack, unfortunately.

However, I do believe he has dirt on the US Admin which is preventing his assassination/apprehension.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1025215
United States
06/27/2013 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
such a pussy ass president.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42416600
Germany
06/27/2013 09:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
well Snowden's "greatest fear" is coming true anyway.
WinterWx

User ID: 16183382
United States
06/27/2013 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think we should send him a pizza in that international terminal.
WinterWx
WinterWx

United States
06/27/2013 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
well Snowden's "greatest fear" is coming true anyway.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42416600

The American Revolution had a minority of people supporting it- the rest were Loyalists or sheeple who didn't give a damn.

As long as there's a passionate minority who care that's all that matters.
WinterWx
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27133957
Malaysia
06/27/2013 09:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
And when the plane is shot down, US will say "It wasn't me."
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

United States
06/27/2013 09:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
And when the plane is shot down, US will say "It wasn't me."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27133957

Blame it on Assad
CigarTigher

User ID: 1694611
Kuwait
06/27/2013 09:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
Why is he in Africa??We have more important things to worry about! Your job as the president is not going on vacations and avoiding the problems!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32386546
Canada
06/27/2013 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh yeah... Only truth; no lies.

Hmmm....

And he never did have an affair with a campaign staffer named Vera Baker. Right? And where did she suddenly disappear to? Martinique? Mozambique? Somewhere that starts with an M? [not Michelle-ique!]

Stay safe Eddie and don't fly over U.S. of A. airspace!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16499015
United States
06/27/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
He knows it doesn't matter, Snowden could have proof of all the corruption in the US and only 20% would care.
Alexander

User ID: 15635858
United States
06/27/2013 10:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
Obama already has been made a fool of by the Russians and the Chinese any attempt to intercept Snowden and failing would only make Obama seem even more worthless.

Obama is better off pandering to gays and lesbians, somehow it suits him better than trying to be a real leader.
 Quoting: davvi

you left off the illegal aliens
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Winston Churchill

Daily Updates
Thread: ASS IS IN THE WRINGER - Rolling Updates from 11/16/20 to present (Page 235)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42418386
United States
06/27/2013 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Political reverse psychology here so that the Neo-conned gatekeepers can say "see we told you so", "Snowden is as much a traitor as Obama".....thinking it obvious in the minds of the sheeple that if Obama doesn't go after Snowden, he must be in agreement with his actions and busy passing secrets to the Chinese and Russians etc. (of which there is no substantial proof as yet). Thus helping to rationalize the police state being used against WE the people.

The games we play.

Disclosing the depths of NSA intrusion into our private lives is one thing. Passing secret technology and operational plans to our enemies is quite another.

Snowden is accused of doing the one and not the other. Hardly a reason to call him a "traitor".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41945311
United States
06/27/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
So drones are still fine, along with heart attack darts, honey traps, and whatever else they want to use?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42418386
United States
06/27/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Btw, I hate Obama and the Liberal Left as much as the intellectual fraud that is our present Conservative Movement with the likes of the Neo-Cons at the helm.
Spiritmyst

User ID: 41368120
United States
06/27/2013 10:12 AM

Report Abusive Post
"I have not called President Xi personally or President Putin personally and the reason is...number one, I shouldn't have to," Obama said.

"I shouldn't have to?" What in the heck is he saying here? That he is so important and special that they should bow to the requests of his minions (John Kerry)? Or that the situation is of such minor consequence that it is beneath the necessity of his personal attention? If it is the latter, then drop the criminal charges. If it is the former, he is not in touch with reality due to his isolation and pampering by his handlers. Very disturbing statement he has made here.
"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, did gyre and gimble in the wabe: all mimsey were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe."
cosmicgypsy

User ID: 36357210
United States
06/27/2013 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
President Barack Obama says he won't engage in wheeling, dealing and trading to get NSA leaker Edward Snowden extradited to the U.S.

Obama says he also won't be scrambling military jets to go after a 29-year-old hacker, rejecting suggestions the U.S. might send the Air Force to force down a plane carrying Snowden from Russia to another country.

[link to hosted.ap.org]

Since when is Snowden a "hacker"? He didn't hack into anything. He talked about what he dealt with, he didn't have to access someone's computer covertly or illegally.

Just more spin from media.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7947333

I had the news on this morning and heard Obama call him a hacker, this after a pause like he was trying to think of what to call him.

I'm no media hugger, btw.

What's a little strange is I've looked at links to cite it, and it's not there. I also went to the network station to cite the video from the program. I'm not finding it...all the other vids they aired, yes, but I couldn't find that one.

Anyone else see him say that?
You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

...I adapt to the unknown,
under wandering stars I've grown,
by myself, but not alone...

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]
Grumpy
User ID: 42419362
United States
06/27/2013 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's actually going to follow the law?

Shocker.
El Tiburon

User ID: 28375544
United States
06/27/2013 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
The scary thing is that obama actually considered it a possibility.

Most countries would consider having their plane threatened by fighter jets... an ACT OF WAR.

Just goes to show how out of touch obama is with reality.
TheRollsRoyceTrent

User ID: 41258536
United States
06/27/2013 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Obama: US won't send fighter jets to intercept Snowden

Obama: US will send fighter jets to intercept Snowden

How To Get The COLDEST Air From A Window Air Conditioner: Keep Your Window Air Conditioner On LOW Fan Speed And Set The Thermostat On 77* Or So. It Blows The Coldest Air - Saving On Cooling Costs. It Really Does Work.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40471759
Czechia
06/27/2013 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Snowjob BS. Come on now...
WinterWx

United States
06/27/2013 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Obama: US won't send fighter jets to intercept Snowden

Obama: US will send fighter jets to intercept Snowden

Quoting: TheRollsRoyceTrent

Right. He won't send fighter jets in the same way he promised he would repeal the library provision of the Patriot Act.

He really is a liar.
WinterWx
QuantumKev

User ID: 1692536
United States
06/27/2013 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
The president specified that the US will not engage in "wheeling, dealing and trading" to extradite Edward Snowden, adding that extradition will be carried out through legal channels.

What? A drone strike?

Wow, I never even though of that. It would be too ironic if his plane were to go down due to some unforeseen mechanical failure, wouldn't it?
"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak up, and remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln

GLP