Obama: US won't send fighter jets to intercept Snowden

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42420497
United States
06/27/2013 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Obama: US won't send fighter jets to intercept Snowden
I don't know what to make of the Snowden situation. He goes to China and Russia and the media keeps hyping up how he's giving them secrets that put America in danger. It seems to me that might be the angle - if China or Russia were to attack in some way or there is a false flag they blame on them - either way Snowden has served the purpose. I just can't help thinking there is more to the story.
T-Cain

User ID: 34857910
United States
06/27/2013 11:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
A source said Snowden has been added to the kill or capture dead or alive short list under NDAA already.
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

User ID: 543618
United States
06/27/2013 11:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
I don't know what to make of the Snowden situation. He goes to China and Russia and the media keeps hyping up how he's giving them secrets that put America in danger. It seems to me that might be the angle - if China or Russia were to attack in some way or there is a false flag they blame on them - either way Snowden has served the purpose. I just can't help thinking there is more to the story.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42420497

I still say it's all a wag the dog distraction, either from Benghazi or the NSA spying.
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35271535
06/27/2013 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
The president specified that the US will not engage in "wheeling, dealing and trading" to extradite Edward Snowden, adding that extradition will be carried out through legal channels.

What? A drone strike?
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

In Russia HAHAHAHA

putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2319293
United States
06/27/2013 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
OBTW, such an interception would create an major international incident.

I am certain that Putin & others told him to pull that shit & face the consequences of his piss-poor decision.
 Quoting: Lady Jane Smith

Yep, he has absolutely no choice in the matter.
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

User ID: 30199236
United States
06/27/2013 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
The president specified that the US will not engage in "wheeling, dealing and trading" to extradite Edward Snowden, adding that extradition will be carried out through legal channels.

What? A drone strike?

Well, I guess "drones" would not be considered "fighter jets", so Obama technically could be considered to be telling the truth.

But you know what? I think SOMETHING has happened in this story which we haven't figured out yet. All of a sudden, Obama is dismissive if not OVER-dismissive of this matter which just a few days ago had him demanding/asking for international help to get him back. Literally overnight this is not a serious issue to him? Perhaps the Dark Masters have found a way to neutralize any further information which Snowden may produce.

Sort of a contradiction if you ask me.
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
06/27/2013 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Snowden would have never lived long enough to do the interview with the press, if he didn't have extremely damaging material, documents and evidence being held by trusted people who will go public with ALL of it if anything happens to him.

THAT is why he will not be intercepted, droned, suicided, the victim of an accident, etc.

If they can hunt down and eliminate everything and all loose ends, then there is no safe place on the planet for him.

It's a stalemate for now...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25431295

Well, they got to Breitbart....
"I have come to the conclusion that all news should be treated like 9/11, assume it is a psyop with actors participating in a staged event complete with props, until proven otherwise, in which case assume whatever is being recorded, reported, televised, is distortions/lying by omission/outright lies, until proven otherwise." - Anonymous, 4-13-12
DPoo

User ID: 33454159
United States
06/27/2013 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
yeah, legal channels..like ONStar programming
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
06/27/2013 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's fiddling while proverbial Rome burns.

Most people would have had to clean up the work on their desks before going on vacation.

Let's see..IRS, Benghazi, Snowden....all unsettled and up in the air and OBummer goes on vacation.

I00 million dollars of tax payer money...

He could care less about Snowden or anything else going on. For him it's party, party!
 Quoting: CuriosityCat1

Have you noticed how the IRS thing has just gone away? And forget Benghazi, that never happened...
 Quoting: davvi

What's Benghazi?

benghazi

Hey, don't bother us NOW, while Paula Deen is going down in flames and the Trayvon Trial is on.
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

United States
06/27/2013 11:21 AM

Report Abusive Post

What? A drone strike?

In Russia HAHAHAHA

putin
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35271535

No, he is leaving Russia
blastercas

User ID: 42421135
United Kingdom
06/27/2013 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
How would that have panned out had the US Navy or US Air force sent fighter jets to intercept the Jet Liner, so imagine two fighters flying alongside this airliner, they are hardly likely to blow it out of the sky, and the Captain of the airliner could have claimed sovereignty of the skies with whoever the Airliner was owned by Air France British Airways whoever, so therefore the fighters would be in breach of international treaties, so what else could they do without endangering the passengers and crew ........... what a strange dilemma Mr Obama must find himself in.
NOW WHAT...anyone got any good news for a change
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34884778
United States
06/27/2013 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

What? A drone strike?

he cut the chase short with a drone...
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
06/27/2013 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Snowden would have never lived long enough to do the interview with the press, if he didn't have extremely damaging material, documents and evidence being held by trusted people who will go public with ALL of it if anything happens to him.

THAT is why he will not be intercepted, droned, suicided, the victim of an accident, etc.

If they can hunt down and eliminate everything and all loose ends, then there is no safe place on the planet for him.

It's a stalemate for now...

Every day this goes on we are one step closer to learning the real reason Snowden was sent into the NSA...

Regardless of how OBummer tries to cover up the pile of "do do" in the litter box...he is secretly trying to do whatever it takes to shut Snowden up!

The only reason he hasn't revealed everything is because that is all that is keeping him safe now.

The next move the covert agents will likely consider is to capture and detain a loved one of Snowden, then threaten to harm them if he doesn't give up everything and everyone involved, then turn himself in and face the criminal charges... They may not go there, but it is possible now.

Well, they already trotted out his Father trying to talk him into returning to the States and face court, prison, (execution if Obama gets HIS way, no doubt). Then they thoroughly examined his ballet dancer/pole dancer girlfriend. Snowden must have figured that this would happen before he made his move, and doesn't appear to be falling for it so far.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5396611
United States
06/27/2013 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Obama already has been made a fool of by the Russians and the Chinese any attempt to intercept Snowden and failing would only make Obama seem even more worthless.

Obama is better off pandering to gays and lesbians, somehow it suits him better than trying to be a real leader.

Big truth there in everything you say in that post!
chuckles
User ID: 2417276
United States
06/27/2013 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I still think this whole snowden thing is fishy. If he had access to all these secrets, and yet he couldn't find barry's birth certificate or college transcripts, etc.

If they wanted him dead, he would be dead, no ifs, ands or buts about it!!!
Bluebird

User ID: 27748381
United States
06/27/2013 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Obama already has been made a fool of by the Russians and the Chinese any attempt to intercept Snowden and failing would only make Obama seem even more worthless.

Obama is better off pandering to gays and lesbians, somehow it suits him better than trying to be a real leader.

True that ^^^

He is so completely incompetent.

Dog eating, vay-cay-shuner in chief.
 Quoting: Lady Jane Smith

Obamapup

Yes, he has bragged about eating dog.

Got to be yet another first for a POTUS.

And did anybody seriously suggest he "intercept" a commercial airliner? Isn't that an act of war in itself?

He's too busy on his 8th vacation this year, the $100 million one to be bothered by all this so guess Snowden is safe until he gets back.

Then he will prolly drone him.

Last Edited by Bluebird on 06/27/2013 11:35 AM
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42362245
Spain
06/27/2013 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Haha, he would, but he doesn't know where in the world Snowden is, thats why!
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
06/27/2013 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

What? A drone strike?

Wow, I never even though of that. It would be too ironic if his plane were to go down due to some unforeseen mechanical failure, wouldn't it?
 Quoting: QuantumKev

Hope they don't fly him out of there on one of those "Dreamliners" which were having their batteries catch fire in flight. SUPPOSEDLY the problem has been fixed, but one jet may have been overlooked somehow.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42418724
United States
06/27/2013 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Mirriam-Webster's online dictionary defines snow job as follows:

SNOW JOBan intensive effort at persuasion or deception.

[link to www.merriam-webster.com]

'Operation Snowed-In' perhaps?
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
06/27/2013 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
A source said Snowden has been added to the kill or capture dead or alive short list under NDAA already.
 Quoting: T-Cain

Next stop: Obama's drone-kill candidates binder....
Eggcellent
Re-Instate Smith-Mundt!

United States
06/27/2013 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I still think this whole snowden thing is fishy. If he had access to all these secrets, and yet he couldn't find barry's birth certificate or college transcripts, etc.

If they wanted him dead, he would be dead, no ifs, ands or buts about it!!!
 Quoting: chuckles 2417276

What makes you think that he DIDN'T come across that particular information?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35271535
06/27/2013 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

What? A drone strike?

In Russia HAHAHAHA

putin

No, he is leaving Russia

I do not think so :)

Not until he gets a passport and Visa he is stuck in limbo.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42151486
United States
06/27/2013 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
How would that have panned out had the US Navy or US Air force sent fighter jets to intercept the Jet Liner, so imagine two fighters flying alongside this airliner, they are hardly likely to blow it out of the sky, and the Captain of the airliner could have claimed sovereignty of the skies with whoever the Airliner was owned by Air France British Airways whoever, so therefore the fighters would be in breach of international treaties, so what else could they do without endangering the passengers and crew ........... what a strange dilemma Mr Obama must find himself in.
 Quoting: blastercas

The fighters could use their M61 vulcan cannon to target individual engines, forcing the airliner to land.
Sleeping Giant  (OP)

United States
06/27/2013 12:29 PM

Report Abusive Post

What? A drone strike?

In Russia HAHAHAHA

putin

No, he is leaving Russia

How did he get to China and Russia without a passport?

EDIT: I assume his passport has been frozen by the US government by this point?

Last Edited by Sleeping Giant on 06/27/2013 12:30 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8873342
Canada
06/27/2013 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
TPTB are laughing their asses off at all you sheep.

They make the policies and use Obama as the front man... the president... while are you sheep point fingers at the puppet... the people in charge grow wealthier.

For a site who laughs at people being sheep, you all need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

It's hilarious.
mehitable
User ID: 1524722
United States
06/27/2013 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, why bother with jets when you have so many unused car bombs.
TOTRhombus

User ID: 38804434
United States
06/27/2013 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
He's fiddling while proverbial Rome burns.

Most people would have had to clean up the work on their desks before going on vacation.

Let's see..IRS, Benghazi, Snowden....all unsettled and up in the air and OBummer goes on vacation.

I00 million dollars of tax payer money...

He could care less about Snowden or anything else going on. For him it's party, party!

Have you noticed how the IRS thing has just gone away? And forget Benghazi, that never happened...

Exactly. The only thing that surprises me is that the MSM ever covered these issues in the first place in any depth at all.
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
TOTRhombus

User ID: 38804434
United States
06/27/2013 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

In Russia HAHAHAHA

putin

No, he is leaving Russia

How did he get to China and Russia without a passport?

EDIT: I assume his passport has been frozen by the US government by this point?

I've been wondering the same thing. How is he conducting his world tour when ostensibly he's at the top of "the list?"
I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42416600
Germany
06/27/2013 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why is he in Africa??We have more important things to worry about! Your job as the president is not going on vacations and avoiding the problems!
 Quoting: CigarTigher

He could lead the country from abroad, maybe to give him a better oversight of his Country and could wright executive orders via cyberpen. So who knows, maybe he will spent the rest of his term travelling the world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42394066
United States
06/27/2013 01:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Obama has officially made us look like a country of pu**ies. (No offense ladies.)

GLP