smilesun
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 34224429
Italy
06/29/2013 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
June 28, 1969 - The First Ever Pride Parades, In Vintage Photos
In the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, violent protests and street demonstrations took over the streets of New York after a police raid of Stonewall Inn, the now-legendary Greenwich Village gay bar. [link to www.brainpickings.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42528067
Germany
06/29/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: June 28, 1969 - The First Ever Pride Parades, In Vintage Photos
Since when GLP is a gay forum? Did I miss something? All gay threads? What is this?
smilesun  (OP)

User ID: 34224429
Italy
06/29/2013 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Since when GLP is a gay forum? Did I miss something? All gay threads? What is this?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42528067

This is an anthropological document, is history Smiley
AnathemaTNO

User ID: 28713163
United States
06/29/2013 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is why people so despise homosexuals. You. Always. Have. To. Be. Pushing. Your. Sexual. Orientation. On. Us.

No one cares. We don't need to be reminded, daily, what special rainbow warriors you are. Most people would rather you just went about your day like the rest of us. You don't see people posting all day long how full of pride they are that they are heterosexual.

We don't have parades.
We don't ask for everyone to think we're super special snowflakes.
We don't DEMAND that everyone agree with us.
We don't DEMAND that we have to be accepted.

Get over yourselves.
~Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42164341
United States
06/29/2013 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is why people so despise homosexuals. You. Always. Have. To. Be. Pushing. Your. Sexual. Orientation. On. Us.

No one cares. We don't need to be reminded, daily, what special rainbow warriors you are. Most people would rather you just went about your day like the rest of us. You don't see people posting all day long how full of pride they are that they are heterosexual.

We don't have parades.

Get over yourselves.
 Quoting: AnathemaTNO

Written by someone who has never been discriminated against to the extreme.

If they told you that you could not visit the person you love most in the world (that has nothing to do with sex) while they were suffering in the hospital...you would march, you would demand that you be treated the same way as everyone else is.

Stop thinking about the sex and focus on the love.

That's good advice to EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE!
AnathemaTNO

User ID: 28713163
United States
07/01/2013 08:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

We don't have parades.

Get over yourselves.

If they told you that you could not visit the person you love most in the world (that has nothing to do with sex) while they were suffering in the hospital...you would march, you would demand that you be treated the same way as everyone else is.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42164341

How could you possibly think you know ANYTHING about me? You have no idea who I am. I may BE a minority. I don't have a problem, at all, with gay marriage or homosexuality. Where my problem arises, is the fact that the agenda is annoying, and destructive. If gays actually ACTED like civilized members of society, it would be much easier to tolerate.

The screaming, YOU MUST ACCEPT US NO MATTER WHAT and constant GAYNESS everywhere is the problem. Not the people behind it.
~Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21100567
United States
07/01/2013 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

We don't have parades.

Get over yourselves.

Just a couple of things, lots of people are discriminated against. I have struggled with weight my whole life. I was treated differently all growing up because of my weight and there are some very painful memories. Why is that less important than any other form of discrimination?? People who are not considered attractive are discriminated against and are made fun of and bullied. And Gay people are the worst at making fun of "Ugly" people, so you can get off your high horse.

And since when can you not visit your significant other in the hospital?? I have visited friends in ICU and you didn't have to be family or anything. They just limited visitors to 2 at a time during visiting hours. Even the spouse couldn't go back except during visiting hours in ICU unless a person was getting ready to die and my experience is the family could include anybody they wanted to in the room at that time, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Where is all this stuff about being denied visitation in hospitals coming from???. I have never seen that happen, and, unfortunately, I have been at the hospital with various family and friends.

And you guys are the ones who focus all the time on the sex, so don't give me that either.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26658455
Canada
07/01/2013 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

We don't have parades.

Get over yourselves.

So all you gay men love each other? Because you sure as hell are fucking each other. most permisicous bunch out there.

GLP