Pointing a Laser, Then seeing a UFO

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 41833027
Canada
07/03/2013 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Pointing a Laser, Then seeing a UFO
Ok, so I have no idea how to describe this, but here goes.

Recently we have been seeing a lot of what I will call UFO activity by our place. They look like moving stars that shine bright and dim themselves very quickly. They sometimes do very strange flight patterns, like zigzag or even turn 90 degrees very quickly.

Well since we have been seeing them more frequently, I figured why not shine a laser at them to see if I can get maybe more of a response. Its only a 5mw laser and no I am not pointing it at airplanes etc. So while I started to point the laser at the 2nd UFO we seen on the night, a massive flash occured. This flash was close, not the same size as the moon, but pretty close in brightness. Only lasted about 5 seconds, but I immediately stopped pointing the laser. Was very intense and we were both kind of creeped out to say the least.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or even seen this moving objects in the night sky? Please respond with any info you might have, as this is really a strange thing.

Yes there are videos out there we have seen and can compare too. We are currently working on getting a kick ass camera to provide evidence.

Post your incidents no matter how far fetched you think they are!
 Quoting: Curiosity 41833027

Heard this before, someone pointed a flashlight towards them and it got their attention right away and they kept returning.

We see the orbs in Alberta on any given night, just spend some time looking at the sky and you will see them alright. Some people claim they are satellites but i think those need to reflect the sun to be visible, these things are self illuminated and move across the sky much faster than a satellite.

my Mom was visiting one night and one went over us at about 800 feet, bright as hell, her mouth dropped when i asked her if she heard any engine noise, there was none. Of course we are near CFB Edmonton so these could be exotic military aircraft.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1155446

We agree that some of these things people are seeing could very well be exotic as you say military aircraft. We believe though as you are saying in your story here that there are some that are not.
Lord Kinbote

User ID: 41870959
United States
07/05/2013 08:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I too have done this OP, this is what I had posted in a thread I made a while back.

Saw another on July 2nd. Wasn't a flasher but what it did surprise me. It was mostly cloudy at around 4:30AM. A dim object directly overhead and moving from North to South became visible through a break in the thick cloud cover.
I shined a green 50mw laser at it, initially thinking it was a satellite. With the beam aimed directly in front of it by just a hair it does a loop and then continues in its original direction for a breif second or so further before becoming obscured by the clouds.

No photographic evidence to back up my claim though. If you believe me great, if not, then more power to you.

I haven't got access to a video camera capable of taking video of something so dim in the night sky as this was. My camera is only effective using continuous shot on auto mode. Even then I'd have to have to have the camera shutter button held down the entire time so its constantly taking photos. I've captured some satellites with it but I can tell in between each exposure theres about a half second delay which is plenty of time to miss something.
 Quoting: Lord Kinbote

I was planning on doing this again tonight after beginning to read this thread but it looks like more rain rain rain here in "Jawja"; possibly well into next week. We're getting soaked.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42492436
United States
07/05/2013 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saw once again what I thought was a star...But this star started moving and then faded out...It was in the Western sky which I first thought was Venus...Until it moved!...It also flashed red to white multiple times...This was around 11:40pm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42671688
United States
07/05/2013 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a 200mw green laser and have done this before! they flash once or twice then dissapear! I can back everything you have just said... i love in PA
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 12:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I too have done this OP, this is what I had posted in a thread I made a while back.

Saw another on July 2nd. Wasn't a flasher but what it did surprise me. It was mostly cloudy at around 4:30AM. A dim object directly overhead and moving from North to South became visible through a break in the thick cloud cover.
I shined a green 50mw laser at it, initially thinking it was a satellite. With the beam aimed directly in front of it by just a hair it does a loop and then continues in its original direction for a breif second or so further before becoming obscured by the clouds.

No photographic evidence to back up my claim though. If you believe me great, if not, then more power to you.

I haven't got access to a video camera capable of taking video of something so dim in the night sky as this was. My camera is only effective using continuous shot on auto mode. Even then I'd have to have to have the camera shutter button held down the entire time so its constantly taking photos. I've captured some satellites with it but I can tell in between each exposure theres about a half second delay which is plenty of time to miss something.

I was planning on doing this again tonight after beginning to read this thread but it looks like more rain rain rain here in "Jawja"; possibly well into next week. We're getting soaked.

Thats great. We can understand that getting a camera etc to try and capture these will be a costly venture. We are currently working towards that.

On another note, the last few nights has been perfect. The time has changed for when they appear now but we have seen more.

Going to elaborate in post further.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 12:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw once again what I thought was a star...But this star started moving and then faded out...It was in the Western sky which I first thought was Venus...Until it moved!...It also flashed red to white multiple times...This was around 11:40pm
 Quoting: Settle4It

Its great seeing these things. Hope you are watching again tonight at around the same time. Keep watching and post anymore that you may have seen.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have a 200mw green laser and have done this before! they flash once or twice then dissapear! I can back everything you have just said... i love in PA
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42671688

As posted earlier in the thread, be careful in pointing higher powered lasers than 5mw. Eventhough we believe most of the lasers won't blind the pilot, I guess its possible that it may depending on circumstances.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
To continue from before, the last few nights have been interesting. We have seen multiple "stars" do this and we had a night where there was a big response again.

We have seen 3 on the move at once now, and it seems the exposure is getting more frequent. We have about 50+ miles view of the sky every night and get to see a very large portion. The flashes we see are different from the moving stars as most times they are stationary.

The timing of them is funny. We used to see them around 10:25pm and now see them at about 11:40pm. They have in the last few nights shown the most. We have seen 9 in the last two nights alone. We will keep updating as we see more as long as we don't get any bad weather, or probably chemtrails...lol Still working on the camera situation as well.
robomont
User ID: 42828078
United States
07/06/2013 12:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
its not illegal to use a laser as a star pointer and its not your fault if a plane flies into your laser.its only illegal to point at a recognizable plane or helicopter.
actually lasers creep ufo pilots out because first it means they can be spotted out.this is because the cloaking mechanism doesnt work against lasers.it cant bend a laser like it does regular light.
to know what the usa cloaking ability is just look at yt tr3b paris.its obvious.
the zigzag ones are the old sport model.both use the same levatating and cloaking tech.
if its an infared laser then the pilot thinks he is being filmed because most video cameras use infared for distance auto focusing.

the dryer the air the easier there propulsion works.
they are easy to see at dusk and dawn because they cant bend the sunlight so it reflects like a lazer would.they are also easier to see at a side and distance than if they are directly overhead.the cloaking works best at top and bottom.

yes there have been more sightings.ive seen two in the last month.one last night.

i have a 1500mw 445nm blue.its beam turns whittish at a mile.i reccomend green as its beam color will stay truer.

buy american made and research the web.dont get scammed by chinese makers and have a chance of customs getting it.there are good cheap laser builders all over the world.buy local.
Paved In Chaos

User ID: 35610176
United States
07/06/2013 01:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why in the hell would you want to poke at the aliens bro?

Seriously, I just don't see any good outcome to that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22819525
United States
07/06/2013 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
The key is in the golden and silver gates in the constellations: find out when the gates are on the southern meridianin your area...that's when you'll see the activity: between scorpio and sagetarius (goldden gate) at night for the norhtern hemi...around 11 PM to 12 AM...During the day, it's between taurus and gemini around 11 am - 12 PM...or maybe it's plus a half hour...now. Changes throughtout the year..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22819525
United States
07/06/2013 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

was it moving south to north? or from south west to north west?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35219518
United States
07/06/2013 04:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thats great. We can understand that getting a camera etc to try and capture these will be a costly venture. We are currently working towards that.

On another note, the last few nights has been perfect. The time has changed for when they appear now but we have seen more.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41833027

I feel I do need to add for any stargazers that some of these are geostationary satellites, or other space junk that is not plotted on sites like Heavens-Above. Just feel it worth mentioning because when I first starting to stargaze it kind freaked me out. Geo Sats are mostly in the Southern Sky at around 40-50° altitude.

Later today I'll upload the video I did take a while back using a Logitech C210 webcam with the lens filter removed for better light sensitivity.
Its interesting and certainly wasn't a satellite and it didn't seem like like an aircraft either. Its a strobing white light that enters the frame, crosses the top right side and then just stops blinking.

Its the best evidence I've gathered myself. I had setup the webcam pointing skyward on my windowsill and then went outside where I first saw it start blinking about 65° off the Southeast horizon and heading ~N. I watched for a couple seconds and ran inside to grab some binoculars. I was MAYBE inside for 10 seconds and it was nowhere to be found in the direction I had last seen it to be traveling.

Note:
The video isn't great quality I'll be the first to admit that. I'll post it up for any input you guys might have because I'm not sure what the hell it was.
Lord Kinbote

United States
07/06/2013 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've told friends about what I've seen and as far as they're concerned I'm batshit insane and when I tell them I'll prove it; they just need to have some patience, they'll look at the sky for 2 minutes, lose interest and go inside. How the hell can you immediately dimiss something if you're not willing to dedicate even 30 minutes to just watch the sky...yeahsure
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
its not illegal to use a laser as a star pointer and its not your fault if a plane flies into your laser.its only illegal to point at a recognizable plane or helicopter.
actually lasers creep ufo pilots out because first it means they can be spotted out.this is because the cloaking mechanism doesnt work against lasers.it cant bend a laser like it does regular light.
to know what the usa cloaking ability is just look at yt tr3b paris.its obvious.
the zigzag ones are the old sport model.both use the same levatating and cloaking tech.
if its an infared laser then the pilot thinks he is being filmed because most video cameras use infared for distance auto focusing.

the dryer the air the easier there propulsion works.
they are easy to see at dusk and dawn because they cant bend the sunlight so it reflects like a lazer would.they are also easier to see at a side and distance than if they are directly overhead.the cloaking works best at top and bottom.

yes there have been more sightings.ive seen two in the last month.one last night.

i have a 1500mw 445nm blue.its beam turns whittish at a mile.i reccomend green as its beam color will stay truer.

buy american made and research the web.dont get scammed by chinese makers and have a chance of customs getting it.there are good cheap laser builders all over the world.buy local.
 Quoting: robomont 42828078

While this might be true, Id be careful pointing lasers near any planes, your government is bat shit crazy as it is, and I wouldn't give them an excuse for a visit....
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why in the hell would you want to poke at the aliens bro?

Seriously, I just don't see any good outcome to that.
 Quoting: Paved In Chaos

Well what could possibly go wrong? I mean isn't light one of the biggest forms of communication? We are just trying to make some sense of all of this.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
The key is in the golden and silver gates in the constellations: find out when the gates are on the southern meridianin your area...that's when you'll see the activity: between scorpio and sagetarius (goldden gate) at night for the norhtern hemi...around 11 PM to 12 AM...During the day, it's between taurus and gemini around 11 am - 12 PM...or maybe it's plus a half hour...now. Changes throughtout the year..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22819525

Times seem to be right for us. Thanks for the info!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I feel I do need to add for any stargazers that some of these are geostationary satellites, or other space junk that is not plotted on sites like Heavens-Above. Just feel it worth mentioning because when I first starting to stargaze it kind freaked me out. Geo Sats are mostly in the Southern Sky at around 40-50° altitude.

Later today I'll upload the video I did take a while back using a Logitech C210 webcam with the lens filter removed for better light sensitivity.
Its interesting and certainly wasn't a satellite and it didn't seem like like an aircraft either. Its a strobing white light that enters the frame, crosses the top right side and then just stops blinking.

Its the best evidence I've gathered myself. I had setup the webcam pointing skyward on my windowsill and then went outside where I first saw it start blinking about 65° off the Southeast horizon and heading ~N. I watched for a couple seconds and ran inside to grab some binoculars. I was MAYBE inside for 10 seconds and it was nowhere to be found in the direction I had last seen it to be traveling.

Note:
The video isn't great quality I'll be the first to admit that. I'll post it up for any input you guys might have because I'm not sure what the hell it was.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35219518

That would be great, would love to see your video! Keep looking too, we understand that early mornings around 2am are good times to view as well.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/06/2013 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've told friends about what I've seen and as far as they're concerned I'm batshit insane and when I tell them I'll prove it; they just need to have some patience, they'll look at the sky for 2 minutes, lose interest and go inside. How the hell can you immediately dimiss something if you're not willing to dedicate even 30 minutes to just watch the sky...yeahsure

This is very true, most people have zero patience today. We spend a minimum of a half hour every night looking. We see them just about every night with weather permitting. Keep looking and feel free to post back!
Lord Kinbote

United States
07/06/2013 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is very true, most people have zero patience today. We spend a minimum of a half hour every night looking. We see them just about every night with weather permitting. Keep looking and feel free to post back!

Will do! Once we get a clear night, I'm gonna grab a chair and sit under the stars all night long.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42492436
United States
07/06/2013 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

West to...Straight up into the sky....??
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
07/07/2013 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

West to...Straight up into the sky....??

Thats different than the ones we see. Most of ours go from say SE to NW, but we have seem them go in all different directions as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43150245
Canada
07/12/2013 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
A little update,

So for the last 3 nights, we have had the same thing, usually between 3-5 "moving stars" in different directions.

They seem to move SE to NW for a few while others come from NW and goto the east. They still have their wiggly little patterns about them and I have used the lasers on a few as well.

Tonight was great though, after the first very faint sighting we saw another one clipping along. I pointed the laser at the one moving quickly and then it happened again. A very large flash near the "moving star" and it was like a photography flash. It seemed to fade in and out within about 2-3 seconds. We are going out again in about 2 hours or so and will update back. We are hearing later at night the shows are better.

Also, have most of the money to get a good camera and are going to start looking now.
Again please feel free to post your encounters...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2045008
Canada
07/13/2013 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Muskoka is full of UFO activity tonight!!!!!

I've seen 6 already!

alienship
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30613401
United States
07/13/2013 02:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
keep us updated... op... sounds like they put up a shield of some sort... very interesting...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16893270

We are open for all and any ideas, it truly was the most amazing thing we have seen.

We have checked mufon, and other sites and it seems a few other people have seen it from our area.

Giant flash was a return message "Hello" to your 5mw laser "Hello."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41333477
Uruguay
07/13/2013 02:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Recently we have been seeing a lot of what I will call UFO activity by our place. They look like moving stars that shine bright and dim themselves very quickly. They sometimes do very strange flight patterns, like zigzag or even turn 90 degrees very quickly.

Well since we have been seeing them more frequently, I figured why not shine a laser at them to see if I can get maybe more of a response. Its only a 5mw laser and no I am not pointing it at airplanes etc. So while I started to point the laser at the 2nd UFO we seen on the night, a massive flash occured. This flash was close, not the same size as the moon, but pretty close in brightness. Only lasted about 5 seconds, but I immediately stopped pointing the laser. Was very intense and we were both kind of creeped out to say the least.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or even seen this moving objects in the night sky? Please respond with any info you might have, as this is really a strange thing.

Yes there are videos out there we have seen and can compare too. We are currently working on getting a kick ass camera to provide evidence.

So..I bet 5 U$S that it was a green laser...!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29091096
United States
07/13/2013 03:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thread: Personal story of a UFO experience...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43293925
Slovakia
07/13/2013 03:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, for what I saw I believe anyone who wishes contact and when they think you can take it mentally, you will be able to have contact..

But maybe we won´t have to wait so long, til they reveal themselves to the world.

Yes it is true, please tell us about your encounter!

Quoting: A r c t u r u s

+1

I just asked "Please, when flying by at night, could you visit here?" ... and no kidding, it worked :)

They sent me so beautiful energy it made me cry; best I can describe it was just pure love, stronger then anything I could have imagined possible "on Earth". There must be good out there ^^

btw I'm getting a laser pointer.

keep on ! :)
PPP

User ID: 33719376
Canada
07/13/2013 04:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

I had a similar experiment
I was spotting the night sky with a flashlight making intermitent signals
Few seconds after I received flashes signals from the same area I've spotted
There was nothing before and nothing happened after...

I must say UFO don't show often here

and... hmmm... well
A shooting star bended to a wish and crossed the sky just up my head... lol
inwilddreams
User ID: 30658922
United States
08/04/2013 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, I am glad I found this forum!! Every night I stare up at the sky, and tell the stars to communicate with me, let me in their space and come into mine, etc...

so on Monday, I saw a ball of light with a tail...so I got all happy, I don't care what anyone wants to believe, it wasn't a shooting star or anything i have ever seen.

So, I went and got some laser pointers. Started flashing them at the stars. Now I am really careful and wait until after 11pm so the airplane traffic is minimal. Fast forward to last night.

At 3:30 am, my baby woke up screaming. I made her a bottle, went into the bathroom and felt compelled to go out on the patio. Part of me wanted to, but the other part was dead tired so I went and peeked out the blinds. I saw a light flashing, and then it stopped....so I went outside and looked up. The sky was completely clear except for one cloud. I was looking around, observing the sky....when I realized there were lights coming from the cloud. I drew my attention back over to the cloud and studied it for a long time. And holy shit, I all of the sudden realized the lights were patterned...and were flashing in sequence! I got a little overwhelmed and it was unexpected, and I kept staring. It slowly dispersed and disappeared. I went back to bed....told my boyfriend this morning who of course laughed his ass off at me, like always. But I had to share. You don't have to believe me I really don't care. I wrote this for the others out there that know. :)

I will be out there every night with my laser...I will keep posting if more activity occurs!

GLP