Anonymous Coward
User ID: 38340509
United States
07/11/2013 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Aliens do not exist and you can not prove that they do
Scientific Proof of Alien Abductions

The closest evidence that meets these standards was reported by John E. Mack, a Doctor of Psychiatry and a professor at Harvard University. Dr. Mack specialized in psychiatric problems associated with repressed memories, often from abused or neglected children, and developed a method for helping his patients unlock these painful memories, confront them and eventually move through the trauma.

In his practice, Dr. Mack encountered hundreds of cases where adults revealed, often under hypnosis, memories of being abducted by alien beings. At first these memories were thought to be substitutes for actual sexual or physical abuse, too painful to be recalled even in the hypnotic state. But then Dr. Mack noticed that the reports were all very similar and contained details of the appearance, actions and interactions of the small humanoids, their space vehicles and even the surgical utensils used in the physical examinations that were the central theme of these memories.

At the time of therapy, Dr. Mack's patients were not yet exposed to the plethora of movies and books that popularized the UFO phenomenon. In fact, his patients often knew nothing of these things and were quite taken back when they were exposed to their own recollections under hypnosis.

Eventually, Dr. Mack documented over 200 cases and published his findings in a book called Abduction. The book was published in 1994, the same year that the series X-Files appeared on American television. This focused attention of the phenomena, both good and bad, and put Dr. Mack in the world's spotlight regarding UFOs and alien abductions.

Unable to explain why these repressed memories were all quite similar, many summarily rejected his findings and subjected him to ridicule. Nevertheless, Dr. Mack's work chronicles the phenomenon which has become the archetypal abduction experience that continues to happen even today.

In summarizing his observations of the abduction experience, Dr. Mack wrote:

"I was faced with the choice of either trying to fit these individuals' reports in a framework that fit my worldview -- they were having fantasies, strange dreams, delusions or some other distortion of reality -- or of modifying my worldview to include the possibility that entities, beings, energies -- something -- could be reaching my clients from another realm. The first choice was compatible with my worldview, but it did not fit the clinical data. The second was inconsistent with my philosophical grounding, and with conventional assumptions about reality, but appeared to fit better what I was finding. It seemed to be more logical, and intellectually more honest to modify my cosmology than to continue trying to force my clients into molds that did not suit them."

Read more:

[link to www.viewzone.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 38340509

I don't consider this proof.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42857544

The only proof that would ever change your mind would be only if you saw one yourself. So what is even the point of you posting here?

When people come upon new information such as this, they erroneously assume that they have some sort of intellectual high ground over it. They start with the assumption that their belief system is correct, and, for whatever reason, vehemently refuse to acknowledge the possibility that they may have actually been deceived all along by their belief system. And thus, when confronted with counter-evidence, they automatically reject it.

As a matter of fact, human beings are actually foolish enough to think that their conventional worldviews are the height of rationality. They neglect to factor the concept of intentional deception into their logical thought processes, and thus they fail to realize that the only reason why their worldviews seem so rational is because their worldviews are composed of a plethora of lies and distortions. So, in one of the greatest ironies ever, human beings think the lies that they are spoon fed are reality, and that the truth, on the other hand, is crazy, unrealistic, and bizarre.

It is truly amazing how people are able to adopt one of Earth's belief systems (whether it be a specific religion or atheism), walk through the proverbial door of enlightenment (or so they think), shut the door behind them, and then never look back. Worse yet, they are actually proud not to look back--proud of their own stubbornness.
[link to www.truthism.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43218181
United Kingdom
07/11/2013 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bacteria found by nasa does not count.
 Quoting: rexxturbo

Dude .. YOU - ARE an alien

on a ball of rock in space , a biological spaceship , with millions of other creatures

you need to change your viewpoint you buffoon , life is prolific throughout the cosmos
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 43218181

Honestly I am playing devils advocate. I don't really believe we are the only ones, I would like it proven to me however. There are so many people on this site who claim to be in contact with aliens, surely someone can prove it.

lol ahh then i can understand your skepticism a little more

those answers wont be found on glp , just morons trolling and irrelevance

i thinks its race wars atm, that wont happen
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42857544
United States
07/11/2013 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
7 grams of p. cubensis may want to say otherwise... ;)

Of course, one's own definition of "alien" is always up for personal interpretation.
 Quoting: AkashicRecord

I have experienced oneness with mushrooms, however nothing alien
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

The closest evidence that meets these standards was reported by John E. Mack, a Doctor of Psychiatry and a professor at Harvard University. Dr. Mack specialized in psychiatric problems associated with repressed memories, often from abused or neglected children, and developed a method for helping his patients unlock these painful memories, confront them and eventually move through the trauma.

In his practice, Dr. Mack encountered hundreds of cases where adults revealed, often under hypnosis, memories of being abducted by alien beings. At first these memories were thought to be substitutes for actual sexual or physical abuse, too painful to be recalled even in the hypnotic state. But then Dr. Mack noticed that the reports were all very similar and contained details of the appearance, actions and interactions of the small humanoids, their space vehicles and even the surgical utensils used in the physical examinations that were the central theme of these memories.

At the time of therapy, Dr. Mack's patients were not yet exposed to the plethora of movies and books that popularized the UFO phenomenon. In fact, his patients often knew nothing of these things and were quite taken back when they were exposed to their own recollections under hypnosis.

Eventually, Dr. Mack documented over 200 cases and published his findings in a book called Abduction. The book was published in 1994, the same year that the series X-Files appeared on American television. This focused attention of the phenomena, both good and bad, and put Dr. Mack in the world's spotlight regarding UFOs and alien abductions.

Unable to explain why these repressed memories were all quite similar, many summarily rejected his findings and subjected him to ridicule. Nevertheless, Dr. Mack's work chronicles the phenomenon which has become the archetypal abduction experience that continues to happen even today.

"I was faced with the choice of either trying to fit these individuals' reports in a framework that fit my worldview -- they were having fantasies, strange dreams, delusions or some other distortion of reality -- or of modifying my worldview to include the possibility that entities, beings, energies -- something -- could be reaching my clients from another realm. The first choice was compatible with my worldview, but it did not fit the clinical data. The second was inconsistent with my philosophical grounding, and with conventional assumptions about reality, but appeared to fit better what I was finding. It seemed to be more logical, and intellectually more honest to modify my cosmology than to continue trying to force my clients into molds that did not suit them."

Read more:

The only proof that would ever change your mind would be only if you saw one yourself. So what is even the point of you posting here?

When people come upon new information such as this, they erroneously assume that they have some sort of intellectual high ground over it. They start with the assumption that their belief system is correct, and, for whatever reason, vehemently refuse to acknowledge the possibility that they may have actually been deceived all along by their belief system. And thus, when confronted with counter-evidence, they automatically reject it.

As a matter of fact, human beings are actually foolish enough to think that their conventional worldviews are the height of rationality. They neglect to factor the concept of intentional deception into their logical thought processes, and thus they fail to realize that the only reason why their worldviews seem so rational is because their worldviews are composed of a plethora of lies and distortions. So, in one of the greatest ironies ever, human beings think the lies that they are spoon fed are reality, and that the truth, on the other hand, is crazy, unrealistic, and bizarre.

It is truly amazing how people are able to adopt one of Earth's belief systems (whether it be a specific religion or atheism), walk through the proverbial door of enlightenment (or so they think), shut the door behind them, and then never look back. Worse yet, they are actually proud not to look back--proud of their own stubbornness.

I agree with everything that you have said. Aliens could also be a deception. Again you are correct that I probably will not truly believe until I see one. The same wit UFO,s, now that I have seen one, aim a believer.
fice

User ID: 8542186
United States
07/11/2013 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Drake Equation:

[link to d1jqu7g1y74ds1.cloudfront.net]
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: fice

Haven't seen that before. Pretty cool. Not proof but cool.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Read more:

I agree with everything that you have said. Aliens could also be a deception. Again you are correct that I probably will not truly believe until I see one. The same wit UFO,s, now that I have seen one, aim a believer.

Great we have agreement! Thanks! I seen a UFO when I was about 15. I try to keep an open mind and go where the evidence takes me. Right now all the books I have read and all the different information on websites I'm pretty sure
Aliens exist. It even talks about this in the Sumerian Tablets which were written thousands of years ago and many
cultures talk about this in there writings. I will give you one of the top of my head called the Dogon. The Dogon are an ancient people of Mali in North-western Africa. There is just so many cultures around the world that talk about
these Alien beings for it to be a deception.
fice

United States
07/11/2013 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Exactly, not proof but defintely helps the case.

The universe is billions of light years across and we are the only intelligent species?

You have to be ignorant to think that.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone is going to have to pick me up in a a UFO and introduce me to an alien. According to my Rhinehold equation if you multiply the amount of people on GLP who claim to be in contact, my odds are pretty good.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28689320
United States
07/11/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
that is becasue aliens are the fallen angels otherwise known as demons and the satanic PTB are using aliens as the deception to get you prepared for what is coming ...
fice

United States
Report Abusive Post
^lol
fice

United States
Report Abusive Post
^lol
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Sumerian texts are something that I have been wanting to study among other things. Haven't had much time lately with family and work.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
that is becasue aliens are the fallen angels otherwise known as demons and the satanic PTB are using aliens as the deception to get you prepared for what is coming ...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28689320

And you have what to back up your statement?
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Sumerian Goddess figurine from Ubaid

[link to www.truthcontrol.com]

[link to www.google.com]
fice

United States
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28689320

And you have what to back up your statement?

He's obviously in contact with them, duh. 5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23301578
United Kingdom
07/11/2013 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

The universe is billions of light years across and we are the only intelligent species?

Same applies to thinking the big bang was unique! I fully embrace the Multiverse theory.

Space is teaming with life, like a garden.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Same applies to thinking the big bang was unique! I fully embrace the Multiverse theory.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23301578

I haven't been able to subscribe to either of those theories yet?
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Sumerian texts are something that I have been wanting to study among other things. Haven't had much time lately with family and work.

Do you need a link to them?
fice

United States
07/11/2013 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

When it comes to the universe I don't like to claim anything is 100%, but you just have to think how big it is. If we happened why is it so far-fetched that some other beings also came into existence?

I will have to check out the multiverse theory. I've heard of it before but I've never done any in-depth research, and to be honest I probably wouldn't understand half of it lol.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

When it comes to the universe I don't like to claim anything is 100%, but you just have to think how big it is. If we happened why is it so far-fetched that some other beings also came into existence?

I will have to check out the multiverse theory. I've heard of it before but I've never done any in-depth research, and to be honest I probably wouldn't understand half of it lol.

It is even possible that our human body was created by extraterrestrials as many ancient writings suggest.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9831451
United States
07/11/2013 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

ALIENS DO EXIST AND YOU CAN NOT PROVE THAT THEY DON'T
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23301578
United Kingdom
07/11/2013 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Think of a multiverse as a universe, but instead of it holding many galaxies, it hold many universes. And those universes come and go just as stars and galaxies do... it's mind boggling to think about really!

Pandora is out there
headbang
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.google.com]

I definitely find those statues intriguing, but I can't help to think, if our society was destroyed and dug up thousands of years later, what would the future people think of our marvel comic busts?
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Do you need a link to them?

That would be great, thanks.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

Not far fetched at all, unfortunately I can't believe, until I see proof.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

It is even possible that our human body was created by extraterrestrials as many ancient writings suggest.

Which writings?
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

ALIENS DO EXIST AND YOU CAN NOT PROVE THAT THEY DON'T
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9831451

This is an odd reply, maybe alien.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.google.com]

I definitely find those statues intriguing, but I can't help to think, if our society was destroyed and dug up thousands of years later, what would the future people think of our marvel comic busts?

It could be a possibility the statues were super heroes
from an ancient comic book called the Sumerian Tablets.
A very small possibility but anything is possible.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/11/2013 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Which writings?

I'm not being an ass but don't you know how to use google?
Do you need a list?

GLP