Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,216 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,226,167
Pageviews Today: 2,047,685Threads Today: 843Posts Today: 14,633
07:37 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The cost of sanity in todays society is a certain degree of alienation (video)

Bumpy mcbump bump
User ID: 43632778
Australia
07/19/2013 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The cost of sanity in todays society is a certain degree of alienation (video)
Terence McKenna talks, while you listen.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43502063
Spain
07/19/2013 03:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The cost of sanity in todays society is a certain degree of alienation (video)
In my opinión the way society is structured and Works is absolutely insane. People in an uncertain world and life spend their life which has an unknown uncertain duration..trying to achieve material goals..that are passing at best..
All that has been given for free by God is priace tagged and people work and spend their time trying to make paper in order to have it
All this mixed nicely with the inability to find happiness with a devout tendency to being miserable, making others miserable and destroying creation in the process with no alternative viable ecosystem to go to makes this a tragic comedy that outbanks the ancient Greeks in my opinion
Funney

User ID: 11648979
Czechia
07/19/2013 03:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: The cost of sanity in todays society is a certain degree of alienation (video)
In my opinión the way society is structured and Works is absolutely insane. People in an uncertain world and life spend their life which has an unknown uncertain duration..trying to achieve material goals..that are passing at best..
All that has been given for free by God is priace tagged and people work and spend their time trying to make paper in order to have it
All this mixed nicely with the inability to find happiness with a devout tendency to being miserable, making others miserable and destroying creation in the process with no alternative viable ecosystem to go to makes this a tragic comedy that outbanks the ancient Greeks in my opinion
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 43502063

agreed
i canot write it better
feels almost surreal to me
moral reasoning takes about 250 miliseconds
we make errors in between
perception->relation->behaviour
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1507912
United States
07/19/2013 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
If I could change how people treat each other with respect, like they want to be treated, life would be so much better.

There are things in this society that is so sick, I can't tolerate, I will not it would be dishonest of me if I did!
Anonymous Coward
Spain
07/19/2013 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

agreed
i canot write it better
feels almost surreal to me
 Quoting: Funney

Its pathetically ridiculous in my opinión..with no viable solution as it is ingrained in deeprooted basic stupidity in my view
Anonymous Coward
Spain
07/19/2013 03:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only solution in my opinión is Divine..aka..the Kingdom of God

man is a total incompetent fool who needs Divine guidance in my view..and the sooner the better
hf
Funney

Czechia
07/19/2013 03:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
If I could change how people treat each other with respect, like they want to be treated, life would be so much better.

There are things in this society that is so sick, I can't tolerate, I will not it would be dishonest of me if I did!
 Quoting: Daughter

thats why i made my children
only way how to change society
albeit the slowest method
it is working best

hf
Funney

Czechia
07/19/2013 03:58 AM

Report Abusive Post
Only solution in my opinión is Divine..aka..the Kingdom of God

man is a total incompetent fool who needs Divine guidance in my view..and the sooner the better
hf

yep
can we call it "new hope" ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42044817
United States
07/19/2013 03:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only God could make the perfect world. He decided for one reason or other to give us a chance on our own. It has obviously failed. Christ will come back and reign. Only then can there be peace.
Bumpy mcbump bump (OP)
Australia
07/19/2013 04:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
In my opinión the way society is structured and Works is absolutely insane.

Enough said.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11339483
Canada
07/19/2013 04:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
And it dawned on me undeniably,
you cant claim sobriety,
when you've adapted to a sick society.
The world is run by the meanest of men,
most, heroin addicts are cleaner than them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 39744571
United States
07/19/2013 04:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Humans were never intended. Human is a product from the fall of man. A lower negative form of a soul. Souls look man, human is just a classification of the devolved spirit. It grieved God in his heart that he made man and we can all easily see why. The DNA is corrupt and some are more animal than human because of their corruption. Alienation is what the soul is supposed to do. Friends with the world is an enemy of God. There is nothing in this world but death. This level is just above the lowest dimension that exists, so in other words it's next to Hades, hell, so how good can it really be. Death here is a blessing. The closer you get to God, the more you want out of this crazy earth.
Accidental Stoner
User ID: 1202353
Finland
07/19/2013 05:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
He was right, as far as I can tell.

Upside is, you find friends with whom
you don't have to chew the bullshit. :)
Accidental Stoner
User ID: 1202353
Finland
07/19/2013 05:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Humans were never intended. Human is a product from the fall of man. A lower negative form of a soul. Souls look man, human is just a classification of the devolved spirit. It grieved God in his heart that he made man and we can all easily see why. The DNA is corrupt and some are more animal than human because of their corruption. Alienation is what the soul is supposed to do. Friends with the world is an enemy of God. There is nothing in this world but death. This level is just above the lowest dimension that exists, so in other words it's next to Hades, hell, so how good can it really be. Death here is a blessing. The closer you get to God, the more you want out of this crazy earth.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 39744571

You go, then.
What's keeping you?

Me, I'm going to smile at the sun cool2
while walking home across town in a few.
It's Friday. And July, no less :)

Loads of gorgeous women everywhere.
Friendly, relaxed men on their vacations.

Lemminkäinen brought summer once again,
and my forefathers' land is beau-ti-ful.
Newborn creatures everywhere!
Love is in the air.

peace
NSF001

User ID: 43575426
United Kingdom
07/19/2013 06:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
What's that saying, something along the lines
'in insane times the something something something'

What he says in the vid is true though. When it first came out I refused facebook, I never really explained it, just said not interested but occasionally told friends I didn't trust it, it was a spying tool. Look at me like I'm crazy but I knew it to be true back at the start, just decided to keep it to myself.
I don't think so,
he's up there with the others laying low,
vying with those who you've traded your life to to bless your soul,
Bumpy mcbump bump (OP)
Australia
07/19/2013 07:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43678324
Japan
07/19/2013 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43678324
Japan
07/19/2013 07:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
You go, then.
What's keeping you?

Me, I'm going to smile at the sun cool2
while walking home across town in a few.
It's Friday. And July, no less :)

Loads of gorgeous women everywhere.
Friendly, relaxed men on their vacations.

Lemminkäinen brought summer once again,
and my forefathers' land is beau-ti-ful.
Newborn creatures everywhere!
Love is in the air.

peace
 Quoting: Accidental Stoner 1202353

Nice.

I really enjoyed the "Kalevala" (in translation).

According to some theorists, we are "cousins" of a sort...there are some linguistic similarities.
ghost runner

User ID: 24911818
United States
07/19/2013 09:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
thumbs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43683579
United States
07/19/2013 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
thumbs
 Quoting: ghost runner

Is that a Florida panther in your avatar?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 39479029
United States
07/19/2013 09:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Turns out Terrance was lying his ass off for all of the nineties. He told these long yarns about heroic doses of mushrooms and the whole time he was to afraid to trip. It shouldn't be a suprise he died of brain cancer, all those lies turned cancerous.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43711886
Brazil
07/19/2013 10:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
But how do you find awakened people in your city? I'm too tired to look for them anymore. I wish I would just stumble upon one. Can't bother to waste my time and money going to random places and taking to random people.

Also, it seems you cannot connect with anyone anymore, including the semi-awakened ones. Everyone is so busy with their health concerns, family concerns, job concerns, relationship concerns, etc. You begin a conversation only to be interrupted by their phone calls or someone they recognize on the street.

Everywhere I go is too noisy and crowded, you cannot even focus on any serious conversation. There is no privacy, and most people are cowards - they run away from any kind of intimacy.
The Awakened Ones
User ID: 43770446
Australia
07/21/2013 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
People think I am insane because I am aware, awake, and still fighting the good fight.

No one can understand why I have not given up yet.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37783136
Malaysia
07/21/2013 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
But how do you find awakened people in your city? I'm too tired to look for them anymore. I wish I would just stumble upon one. Can't bother to waste my time and money going to random places and taking to random people.

Also, it seems you cannot connect with anyone anymore, including the semi-awakened ones. Everyone is so busy with their health concerns, family concerns, job concerns, relationship concerns, etc. You begin a conversation only to be interrupted by their phone calls or someone they recognize on the street.

Everywhere I go is too noisy and crowded, you cannot even focus on any serious conversation. There is no privacy, and most people are cowards - they run away from any kind of intimacy.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 43711886

Usually, this kind of people random go out and meet strangers. They keep to themselves. And those who DO 'talk', usually are just 'wannabes'. Those who really know, tend to shut up. They feel it's like, it's no use talking to anyone about it. People are too obsessed with materials, and they call you 'names' if you even mention it to them. Names like 'crazy, lunatic, out-of-his-mind, weirdo', etc. It's good enough if they don't sign you up for a free room at the lunatic asylum. So, really, who wants to open up his mouth and start babling about this kind of thing?

Best thing is to get out of this 'sick' civilization and be on your own - if you are brave enough to do so. Maybe once in a while go down the mountain and mingle with society. I know I would do this when I have enough resources to do so.

Even the word ridicolous cannot describe the foolishness of our society, having to pay for natural resources like water, that God HIMSELF has given to us for FREE.
Funney

Czechia
07/24/2013 12:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
No one can understand why I have not given up yet.
 Quoting: The Awakened Ones 43770446

you should :D

hf
abduct
yoda

Last Edited by Funney on 07/24/2013 12:00 PM

GLP