Wylfdane
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 26880327
United States
07/23/2013 08:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Lawmakers want "Atheist Chaplains" in the military
Members of Congress are set to square off over a push to create military chaplains for people who do not believe in God.

The effort to create a chaplain for atheists and "humanists" has been building over the last several weeks. While the title might sound inherently contradictory, supporters say the point is to give atheists in the military someone who will pro-actively reach out to them and facilitate meetings.

Read more: [link to www.foxnews.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1534760
United States
07/23/2013 08:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Lawmakers want "Atheist Chaplains" in the military
Chaplain corps! An atheist tell me how that works again, if you don't believe, what's his job!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5210162
United States
07/23/2013 08:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Members of Congress are set to square off over a push to create military chaplains for people who do not believe in God.

The effort to create a chaplain for atheists and "humanists" has been building over the last several weeks. While the title might sound inherently contradictory, supporters say the point is to give atheists in the military someone who will pro-actively reach out to them and facilitate meetings.

Read more: [link to www.foxnews.com]
 Quoting: Wylfdane

No doubt this is a "Black Caucus" wellspring.

Dumbass shit from Washington has got to end.

"In God We Trust" is not just 4 words.
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 08:25 PM

Report Abusive Post
Chaplain corps! An atheist tell me how that works again, if you don't believe, what's his job!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1534760

I'd think his job would be along the lines of preaching government propaganda and NWO b.s.
Spam Killer

User ID: 40481933
United States
07/23/2013 08:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bit of an oxymoron isn't it?
Brandywine84

User ID: 36020080
United States
Report Abusive Post
So in other words, they want therapists?
Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. ~Saint Francis de Sales

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~Buddha
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States

Report Abusive Post
No doubt this is a "Black Caucus" wellspring.

Dumbass shit from Washington has got to end.

"In God We Trust" is not just 4 words.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5210162

Agreed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43938699
United States
Report Abusive Post
Pretty much they are all athiests since they are preaching empty words to government thugs intent on killing. Unless their god is satan.
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 08:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Brandywine84

They already have therapists. They want propaganda pushers.
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 08:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Spam Killer

It's like saying they want preachers that don't preach, or planes that don't fly.
Brandywine84

United States
07/23/2013 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
My husband is in the military. A chaplain is someone you can go to, to talk about your problems, and find a solution that works best for you. A chaplain is also someone you go to when you are having moral issues. So if the military is trying to make a position for an "Atheist Chaplain" then they are just trying to glorify a therapist for the ones who have no faith in anything other than themselves and are too afraid to go see a real therapist.

I am just glad they aren't getting rid of chaplains all together. We needed our chaplain while we were stationed in Germany and had something horrific happen to our family while we were there.
Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. ~Saint Francis de Sales

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~Buddha
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 08:41 PM

Report Abusive Post
My husband is in the military. A chaplain is someone you can go to, to talk about your problems, and find a solution that works best for you. A chaplain is also someone you go to when you are having moral issues. So if the military is trying to make a position for an "Atheist Chaplain" then they are just trying to glorify a therapist for the ones who have no faith in anything other than themselves and are too afraid to go see a real therapist.

I am just glad they aren't getting rid of chaplains all together. We needed our chaplain while we were stationed in Germany and had something horrific happen to our family while we were there.

Something horrific? I'm sorry to hear that. God bless your husband and your family. I won't delve into your personal affairs if you don't wish to share over the internet...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43325008
United States
07/23/2013 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
why? all the military is composed of southern redneck dumbshit christians. atheists are smart enough to not enlist
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11330901
United States
07/23/2013 08:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

"Something horrific" needs to be clarified and explained.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34780011
Canada
07/23/2013 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
why? all the military is composed of southern redneck dumbshit christians. atheists are smart enough to not enlist
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 43325008

But, Christians are NOT supposed to kill. Are they fakes? On the other hand, America is a fake country, so anything is possible.
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 09:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
What's it take to get a pin in this place?

bump
Brandywine84

United States
07/23/2013 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11330901

You really want to know my personal pains? Ok. We had been stationed in Stuttgart for 3 weeks. I took my 2 children outside to play in the park behind our barracks. My son (7) was playing soccer, while my daughter (4) was playing on the jungle gym. We had been outside for almost a half an hour when my son yelled my name to show me a trick he was doing by kicking the ball on his knee. I watched his trick for about half a minute and turned back to watch my daughter who was going down the slide. When I looked back, she was gone. I screamed, I yelled, I ran all over the park, over and over and over and couldnt find her. I ran around the barracks thinking she may have wandered off, but she couldnt get far because I was only turned away for half a minute.

None of the children who were playing at the park could tell me which way she went. After a half an hour of searching she ran out naked, screaming and crying. A 14 year old boy grabbed her and drug her to the basement of the barracks which should have been locked and molested her.

The kicker, the reason needed my chaplain, I called the cops rather than dragging this little pervert out by his neck and beating him to a pulp. The police there turned it over the the german police. Even though, this happened on a US Army base. The german police claim that since the teenager was under the age of 15 they wouldnt do anything about it. Nothing. And the military couldnt do anything about it since they had to turn it over to the german police. It was a flipping mess.

The really fun part. The super duper in your face awesome part. The teenager lived RIGHT BEHIND me. Everytime I wanted to go outside, go to the doctor, go pick up my son from school, go to the bx, commissary, anywhere... I saw his smug little face. My kids couldnt go play outside. I couldnt leave my house, because if I did, I would have ended up in prison.

When I told my neighbors about it, because what freaking parent wouldnt??? I got hit with a gag order. When I asked to move, I was told that was out of the question.

So there, thats my horrific story. It took 5 months, 2 congressmen, and my chaplain saying it was in the best interest of my sanity to get us back to the states.

Thankfully, now, it has been a year and a half, and my daughter is doing better. She lost all sense of boundaries after she was molested. She has been seeing her therapist, and now is a normal little girl. She has forgotten it mostly, except when she wakes up screaming at night. It hasnt happened in a few months though. She never remembers why she is screaming when she finally comes to. We have a long road ahead of us.

Not to mention my son who blamed himself for the longest time. He too saw a therapist for a while about it. We never once blamed him, nor did we ever make him feel as though we did. It was tragic it happened, but there wasnt anyhting we could have done to prevent that little monster from doing what he did.

A few months after we left... he did it again to another little girl at the same park. Go figure.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11330901
United States
07/23/2013 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
A few months after we left... he did it again to another little girl at the same park. Go figure.

I take it the 14-year-old was the son of American military personnel. Did your husband work with his father?
Brandywine84

United States
07/23/2013 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I needed my chaplain. Without my chaplain I would have probably killed myself. I was in a horrible place when we were there. I hated myself for looking away for half a minute. I hated myself for calling the police. I hated myself for wanting to hurt another human being. I just plain hated myself.

My chaplain helped me in more ways than he will ever know. God bless that man.

Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 09:24 PM

Report Abusive Post

You really want to know my personal pains? Ok. We had been stationed in Stuttgart for 3 weeks. I took my 2 children outside to play in the park behind our barracks. My son (7) was playing soccer, while my daughter (4) was playing on the jungle gym. We had been outside for almost a half an hour when my son yelled my name to show me a trick he was doing by kicking the ball on his knee. I watched his trick for about half a minute and turned back to watch my daughter who was going down the slide. When I looked back, she was gone. I screamed, I yelled, I ran all over the park, over and over and over and couldnt find her. I ran around the barracks thinking she may have wandered off, but she couldnt get far because I was only turned away for half a minute.

None of the children who were playing at the park could tell me which way she went. After a half an hour of searching she ran out naked, screaming and crying. A 14 year old boy grabbed her and drug her to the basement of the barracks which should have been locked and molested her.

The kicker, the reason needed my chaplain, I called the cops rather than dragging this little pervert out by his neck and beating him to a pulp. The police there turned it over the the german police. Even though, this happened on a US Army base. The german police claim that since the teenager was under the age of 15 they wouldnt do anything about it. Nothing. And the military couldnt do anything about it since they had to turn it over to the german police. It was a flipping mess.

The really fun part. The super duper in your face awesome part. The teenager lived RIGHT BEHIND me. Everytime I wanted to go outside, go to the doctor, go pick up my son from school, go to the bx, commissary, anywhere... I saw his smug little face. My kids couldnt go play outside. I couldnt leave my house, because if I did, I would have ended up in prison.

When I told my neighbors about it, because what freaking parent wouldnt??? I got hit with a gag order. When I asked to move, I was told that was out of the question.

So there, thats my horrific story. It took 5 months, 2 congressmen, and my chaplain saying it was in the best interest of my sanity to get us back to the states.

Thankfully, now, it has been a year and a half, and my daughter is doing better. She lost all sense of boundaries after she was molested. She has been seeing her therapist, and now is a normal little girl. She has forgotten it mostly, except when she wakes up screaming at night. It hasnt happened in a few months though. She never remembers why she is screaming when she finally comes to. We have a long road ahead of us.

Not to mention my son who blamed himself for the longest time. He too saw a therapist for a while about it. We never once blamed him, nor did we ever make him feel as though we did. It was tragic it happened, but there wasnt anyhting we could have done to prevent that little monster from doing what he did.

I'm sorry that you and your family had to go through that. I wouldn't have bothered typing it for all the trolls around here, but thanks for sharing nonetheless. That little punk will pay ten-times over for the things he's done, in time. My best to you and yours.

hf
Brandywine84

United States
07/23/2013 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

I take it the 14-year-old was the son of American military personnel. Did your husband work with his father?

Yes his father was military himself. He was a master sergeant. I still to this day dont know why the military didnt do anything at all about it.

He did work with him, but they worked different shifts. My husband couldnt say anything. He was pulled into a room with the base commander, head of the security forces, his first shirt, a 4 star, and 3 star, and was told to keep his mouth shut.

We were all in our own little prison. And it didnt help that my husband was too afraid to stand up for his child to even dare say anything. ( I am still working on my anger about that)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1044117
United States
07/23/2013 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Make the fucking chaplain a Universal Unitarian and get it the hell over with already!
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 09:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
Got it pinned!

banana2

Thanks guys...
Angelic_Warrior

User ID: 23290196
United States
07/23/2013 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
But of course..
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
I Corinthians 2:14

God doesn't choose favorites.. They choose HIM

It is not the greatness of my faith that moves mountains but my faith in the greatness of God
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
07/23/2013 09:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Make the fucking chaplain a Universal Unitarian and get it the hell over with already!
 Quoting: RantProne

They've had those for years.
AdHocBOHICA

User ID: 32335824
United States
07/23/2013 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Congress in general need therapist's, for sure!
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ~Seneca

PS:
I Stole this from another member.... ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1660761
United States
07/23/2013 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

That was my first thought
disinfoagent

User ID: 43939669
United States
07/23/2013 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's like saying they want preachers that don't preach, or planes that don't fly.

Orwellian double speak.

Love is hate, war is peace.

The marxist agenda crept in on cat's feet.
AdHocBOHICA

User ID: 32335824
United States
07/23/2013 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Orwellian double speak.

Love is hate, war is peace.

The marxist agenda crept in on cat's feet.
 Quoting: disinfoagent

You just got "Karma'd".......enjoy!

ETA: Is that even a word?
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ~Seneca

PS:
I Stole this from another member.... ;)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1044117
United States
07/23/2013 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Texan Buckeye

[link to uuworld.org]

Really. The Unitarians don't agree.
Wylfdane  (OP)

United States
07/23/2013 09:52 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Texan Buckeye

[link to uuworld.org]

Really. The Unitarians don't agree.

Aren't the Unitarians a big NWO stereotype in their own right? Seems like I've heard the whole "Antichrist, one-world religion" thing before...

GLP