Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,162 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 778,231
Pageviews Today: 1,373,514Threads Today: 582Posts Today: 10,068
03:58 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

....And Obama gonna take his gun? yeah right....

FWIW
User ID: 33382770
United States
08/19/2013 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ....And Obama gonna take his gun? yeah right....
Now I understand this ZImmerman thing. People in the states are just backwards, everything is upside down there.
Stealing a buck or 2 is so horrible you should die a painful death for it but murdering somebody is just fine if you say "he was coming right at me".

So what if the robber killed the bartender? Was he right cause the bartender pointed a gun at him?

I really don't understand Americans, everything is so wrong and backwards. No consistncy whatsoever.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1516308

Naturally. Stupid people will never understand "smart" people. It's the defining aspect of their stupidity. Can you understand that...at least? Stupid.
 Quoting: Chip

Ok you people just fail to understand my points. I think I am going to leave it here. You people just come from a different culture, you don't understand the value of a human being. You can't just point guns at people and think you are justified at doing so, that creates a lawless wild wild west scenario.

We value human beings, Not scum that walk into a place and think that they are going to menace/murder people who are minding their own business. No one went out hunting the jackass, He volunteered to die when he pulled a gun!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45320688
United States
08/19/2013 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Disgusting, you can't take someone's life to secure a few bucks. He should have just let the poor victim of social injustice take whatever he wanted and let him be.

Let me guess, Obama's alter ego, right? Spoken like a true commie. I say kill them all and let Obama sort them out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1409758
United States
08/19/2013 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Disgusting, you can't take someone's life to secure a few bucks. He should have just let the poor victim of social injustice take whatever he wanted and let him be.

and how do you know this person is a victim of social injustice?

what exactly constitutes social injustice?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1516308
Netherlands
Report Abusive Post
Now I understand this ZImmerman thing. People in the states are just backwards, everything is upside down there.
Stealing a buck or 2 is so horrible you should die a painful death for it but murdering somebody is just fine if you say "he was coming right at me".

So what if the robber killed the bartender? Was he right cause the bartender pointed a gun at him?

I really don't understand Americans, everything is so wrong and backwards. No consistncy whatsoever.

Naturally. Stupid people will never understand "smart" people. It's the defining aspect of their stupidity. Can you understand that...at least? Stupid.

Ok you people just fail to understand my points. I think I am going to leave it here. You people just come from a different culture, you don't understand the value of a human being. You can't just point guns at people and think you are justified at doing so, that creates a lawless wild wild west scenario.

We value human beings, Not scum that walk into a place and think that they are going to menace/murder people who are minding their own business. No one went out hunting the jackass, He volunteered to die when he pulled a gun!
 Quoting: FWIW 33382770

really? weird, I checked and pulling a gun on somebody is a crime not punishable by death, just a couple of years in prison. So it is 1 rule for normal people and another for people with guns?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45413126
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

The value of a human life who would rob you is nil, society should give out medals for dispatching low life scum.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9107938
United States
Report Abusive Post
No matter what the media brainwashing tells you, no matter what "king" Obama says, a person has the right to defend their lives when they feel their life in in danger.

You do not plead for your life
You do not call the police and wait for them to show up

You defend your life with any means necessary.

The elite want you to believe you have no right to defend yourself. You are to lay down and take it because defending yourself is somehow violating your attackers rights.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/19/2013 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1409758

being a victim of segregation, poverty, bad upbringing and racism maybe? Did you have a choice over where and when you were born?
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/19/2013 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
No matter what the media brainwashing tells you, no matter what "king" Obama says, a person has the right to defend their lives when they feel their life in in danger.

You do not plead for your life
You do not call the police and wait for them to show up

You defend your life with any means necessary.

The elite want you to believe you have no right to defend yourself. You are to lay down and take it because defending yourself is somehow violating your attackers rights.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9107938

So if attackers have no right why have a justice system?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 45126405
United States
08/19/2013 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

If he has a gun pointed at you, there is a good frikken reason to believe he MIGHT do something.

***BANG*** I shoot first.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45126405

For the most part criminals have guns to protect themselves from vigilantes who want to take justice into their own hands.

Here most criminals don't have guns cause they don't need to protect themselves.

Your liberal logic has now reached total idiocy. Your words fall on deaf ears because you are stating that an armed criminals life is worth just as much as the victims.

I do want to take this time to thank you, though. You have solidified my hatred and total disdain for liberals.
 Quoting: Gypsy Priest

JEsus fuck,,, ofcourse the life of a criminal is not worth more, they are worth THE SAME. What is so fucking hard about this to understand?

That's bullshit. The criminal has evil intent, the victim does not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32069520
United States
08/19/2013 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

being a victim of segregation, poverty, bad upbringing and racism maybe? Did you have a choice over where and when you were born?

Sounds like your country is shitty.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/19/2013 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

For the most part criminals have guns to protect themselves from vigilantes who want to take justice into their own hands.

Here most criminals don't have guns cause they don't need to protect themselves.

Your liberal logic has now reached total idiocy. Your words fall on deaf ears because you are stating that an armed criminals life is worth just as much as the victims.

I do want to take this time to thank you, though. You have solidified my hatred and total disdain for liberals.

JEsus fuck,,, ofcourse the life of a criminal is not worth more, they are worth THE SAME. What is so fucking hard about this to understand?

But how do you know that? For all we know he could be starving and just be in survival mode. YOu don't get to decide what the person's punishment should be, that is what judges are for. Not every criminal is evil. Some are just desperate.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/19/2013 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: AlcoholicRunner

yeah, it is so shitty that you don't have to worry 24/7 about getting shot.

tell that to all the children who have been killed cause their parents wanted to take justice into their own hands and keep guns but were too stupid to safely lock them up.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/19/2013 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

But how do you know that? For all we know he could be starving and just be in survival mode. YOu don't get to decide what the person's punishment should be, that is what judges are for. Not every criminal is evil. Some are just desperate.

We have generous welfare system in USA...

You fail miserably... Maybe it's your country that is really shitty one.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/19/2013 02:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

yeah, it is so shitty that you don't have to worry 24/7 about getting shot.

tell that to all the children who have been killed cause their parents wanted to take justice into their own hands and keep guns but were too stupid to safely lock them up.

There are many ways to kill beside guns, you fucking idiot.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21800285
United States
Report Abusive Post
In a court of common law.... breaking & entering... 1st offense... is punishable by death... armed of not !

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23764026
United States
Report Abusive Post

The value of a human life who would rob you is nil, society should give out medals for dispatching low life scum.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45413126

That's putting a heck of a lot of trust in the person pointing that gun at you.

I wonder if other Norwegians have this blind faith in humanity.

Where is your survival instinct? Would you rather die then defend yourself? If that is what you are advocating I'm afraid I cannot walk a line of peace such as that.

I know some would say the meek shall inherit the earth, but that's not me. I respect life, but I have no respect for the lives of those who take it without cause or threaten to take it.

There are 3 kinds of people.

Sheep -- You
Wolves -- The Criminals
Guard Dogs -- People who will stand up to the wolves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21800285
United States
08/19/2013 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
*armed OR not
Hitokiri

User ID: 7878618
United States
08/19/2013 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Killing people because they steal a buck or 2 from you is just barbaric and uncivilised. That is why we have cops you savages.
Don't you value human life? Do you really think 10 bucks is more important than a human life?
I mean ffs, that is why murder is so rampant in the states, you kill each other over nothing, you just have to look at somebody sideways and boom, there goes your head cause pride is more important than life.

How do you even know the gun is real? Maybe it was just a confused teen in despiration, does he really deserve to die for 1 fuck up? Was your life really in danger? If you had just given him his money you would still be unharmed, the only thing that chances is that a human being gets a second chance at life.

Don't steal, it's that simple. He got what he deserved. Who cares if the gun was real? He pretended it was real. Sometimes real crimes come with real consequences. Justice was served... Good riddance.
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
Hardwired

User ID: 45341896
United States
08/19/2013 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Fuck Social Justice!!

The perp got ECACTLY what he deserved and you sir are a fucking idiot! Have you ever been at the wrong end of a gun? Probably not I think, otherwise you would have a different view on these "poor victim" robbers.
 Quoting: Sledster

"Social injustice" is Newspeak to distract from the real issue.

Libtards make excuses. That's what they do--make excuses. Because God knows their idle hands aren't good for making anything else.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/19/2013 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45413126

That's putting a heck of a lot of trust in the person pointing that gun at you.

I wonder if other Norwegians have this blind faith in humanity.

Where is your survival instinct? Would you rather die then defend yourself? If that is what you are advocating I'm afraid I cannot walk a line of peace such as that.

I know some would say the meek shall inherit the earth, but that's not me. I respect life, but I have no respect for the lives of those who take it without cause or threaten to take it.

There are 3 kinds of people.

Sheep -- You
Wolves -- The Criminals
Guard Dogs -- People who will stand up to the wolves.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23764026

clappa
Sledster

User ID: 40297908
Germany
08/19/2013 02:54 PM

Report Abusive Post

If he has a gun pointed at you, there is a good frikken reason to believe he MIGHT do something.

***BANG*** I shoot first.

^^^ Liberalism is a mental disorder ^^^ Shitty logic thinking there... Poor criminals. So what if criminals rape you and steal your money... It's all about welfare of poor criminals... wah! wah!

Grow a fucking brain, you retard.

So having a different opinion than others is a mental disorder? Very telling, I am being very reserved in my opinions, I could also be throwing around dick sizes and little man complexes but I try to stay civil.

Society is measured by how it treats it's poorest people. Criminals are for the most part victims of their upbringing and environment. They are so poor that they are practically forced to break the law. Nobody is going to starve themselves to death in order to follow the "holy" law. Nobody just wants to rob people and risk getting hurt or put in prison.

These people need help, not bullets between their eyes.

Wow! Just wow!!

I have to make an assumption here, because I honestly do not understand the "live and let live" mentality you are spouting here. In your country, you are telling us, that it is perfectly acceptable to rob someone of their money, steal the things in their houses, maybe even carjack you at gunpoint, and the citizens accept this as normalcy? Maybe you treat your criminals too well. Here in the US, we EXPECT EVERYONE to obey the rule of Law. That is the norm, not the exception, and we dont allow someone's upbringing or lack thereof to become an excuse for bad behavior.

And how would you propose to "help" them?
Reward them for NOT robbing?
Give them Government assistance in order to stop them from having to steal?
Perhaps make donations to the local criminal's guild?

At some point every man must take personal responsibility for his actions. This is the premis that keeps civil societies civil, without personal responsibility there can be no civility.
I'm tired of waiting, somebody push the damn button already!

Keep your 72 virgins, give me one old biker chick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43700277
United States
08/19/2013 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

It's the danger the ARMED perp imposed on the bartenders customers that warrants the perps death. You fucking idiot! It had nothing to do with money! It has to do with the danger people like this pose to society! KILL THEM DEAD!

:Stupid-it-burns:

bump
Hitokiri

User ID: 7878618
United States
08/19/2013 02:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sure, killing IS always bad, but I would rather the perp be killed than me or my family.

If given the choice, what would you do?

:boxorox222:

But you don't know if he is going to kill your family. We don't execute people because they might do something in the future.

What an idiot. You going to wait for a family member to DIE before you act? Who's it going to be? Your wife? Maybe a daughter?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12781064

..... sigh, ofcourse I am not going to let them kill my family members but how do you know he is going to kill them if he isn't trying to kill them?
And there are other ways to stop such a person instead of emptying a magazine clip in them. Many people are able to talk their way out of it, you can call the cops, you can try to disarm him. There countless of options that would not end in bloodshed.

Really, aren't we civilised? Aren't we passed the days of witchburnings and "an eye for an eye"?

Civilized humans don't rob people. I'm not going to try to talk a gun out of somebody's hands... The reason our country is in the shape it's in is because we don't give people the old "eye for an eye" treatment. We've been catering to criminals for too long and look where it's got us. You can take the chance of being murdered and robbed.... I'll take him out first.
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - George Bernard Shaw
Sledster

User ID: 40297908
Germany
08/19/2013 02:58 PM

Report Abusive Post

No, but I never made any excuses out of it either.
I'm tired of waiting, somebody push the damn button already!

Keep your 72 virgins, give me one old biker chick.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/19/2013 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^ Liberalism is a mental disorder ^^^ Shitty logic thinking there... Poor criminals. So what if criminals rape you and steal your money... It's all about welfare of poor criminals... wah! wah!

So having a different opinion than others is a mental disorder? Very telling, I am being very reserved in my opinions, I could also be throwing around dick sizes and little man complexes but I try to stay civil.

Society is measured by how it treats it's poorest people. Criminals are for the most part victims of their upbringing and environment. They are so poor that they are practically forced to break the law. Nobody is going to starve themselves to death in order to follow the "holy" law. Nobody just wants to rob people and risk getting hurt or put in prison.

Wow! Just wow!!

I have to make an assumption here, because I honestly do not understand the "live and let live" mentality you are spouting here. In your country, you are telling us, that it is perfectly acceptable to rob someone of their money, steal the things in their houses, maybe even carjack you at gunpoint, and the citizens accept this as normalcy? Maybe you treat your criminals too well. Here in the US, we EXPECT EVERYONE to obey the rule of Law. That is the norm, not the exception, and we dont allow someone's upbringing or lack thereof to become an excuse for bad behavior.

At some point every man must take personal responsibility for his actions. This is the premis that keeps civil societies civil, without personal responsibility there can be no civility.

No ofcourse it is not normal, it is still punished by LAW, like it should, not by wannabe hero uncle Hank but by a judge who knows what the fuck she is talking about.

"And how would you propose to "help" them? "

Well what we do here is make sure prison sentences are not too harsh so that the person has a chance to get back into society. If you get 25 years for stealing a cookie how the fuck can they expect such a person not to be fucked up for life IF they are just petty burglars we offer them schooling and housing once they finished their sentencing, also to improve reintegration itno society. Again if you just let them rot with fellow criminals and not offer them anything you basically fuck up their lives for ever.

And how does it work?

Netherlands murders a year: 250

US murders a year: 15.000

Try to explain that Einstein.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/19/2013 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, but I never made any excuses out of it either.

Right ...I had no choice in how or where I was born either.

I do have the choice between doing right from wrong.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/19/2013 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wow! Just wow!!

No ofcourse it is not normal, it is still punished by LAW, like it should, not by wannabe hero uncle Hank but by a judge who knows what the fuck she is talking about.

Well what we do here is make sure prison sentences are not too harsh so that the person has a chance to get back into society. If you get 25 years for stealing a cookie how the fuck can they expect such a person not to be fucked up for life IF they are just petty burglars we offer them schooling and housing once they finished their sentencing, also to improve reintegration itno society. Again if you just let them rot with fellow criminals and not offer them anything you basically fuck up their lives for ever.

And how does it work?

Total fail... A better way would be numbers per 100,000 or the rate or whatever. You ain't Einstein, that's for sure.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/19/2013 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wow! Just wow!!

And how does it work?

Netherlands population vs. USA

Netherlands 16,796,200 August 19, 2013 0.24% Official
population clock

United States 316,484,000 August 19, 2013 4.45% Official population clock

Tad bit difference in numbers, eh?
FWIW
User ID: 33382770
United States
08/19/2013 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: FWIW 33382770

really? weird, I checked and pulling a gun on somebody is a crime not punishable by death, just a couple of years in prison. So it is 1 rule for normal people and another for people with guns?

Self defense is still honored here. I'm not going to wrap myself around this axle with you. If I'm minding my own business and someone attacks me I will put them out of commission by any and all means necessary! I'm not saying that I will like it, I'm saying that it is necessary. God gave us survival instinct for a reason. This conversation is over.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
08/19/2013 03:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wow! Just wow!!

And how does it work?

Netherlands population vs. USA

Netherlands 16,796,200 August 19, 2013 0.24% Official
population clock

United States 316,484,000 August 19, 2013 4.45% Official population clock

Tad bit difference in numbers, eh?

Adjusted to population it is still 4.500 against 15.000