Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,404 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 415,520
Pageviews Today: 666,182Threads Today: 190Posts Today: 3,356
07:08 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

PIN! WashingtonTimes: U.N. comes after America’s guns Barack Obama’s OK of a gun-control treaty would destroy the Second Amendment

ISLANDIA

User ID: 8828100
United States
08/19/2013 09:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: PIN! WashingtonTimes: U.N. comes after America’s guns Barack Obama’s OK of a gun-control treaty would destroy the Second Amendment

folks really congress has no authority?

Listen pay attention
we are totally Fucked if that be the international law

Is the US Lybia

Maybe

Last Edited by ISLANDIA on 08/19/2013 09:44 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45353097
United States
08/19/2013 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: PIN! WashingtonTimes: U.N. comes after America’s guns Barack Obama’s OK of a gun-control treaty would destroy the Second Amendment
A concern will be the inability to buy 7.62 x39 and 7.62x54.
Get it while you can. Its import will be banned
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45434868

Many UN troops use those calibers. No sweat.
Sikhed

User ID: 32643822
United States
08/19/2013 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't believe this will ever come to pass.

But... Have you all heard of Operation Blackjack?
Interesting scenario.
:doom360:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41089357
United States
08/19/2013 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well there will be a pile of blood shed on that one! I know I'd take out my share and then some!!
 Quoting: ****SUPERFLY****

86% of the US military are deployed outside the Contenental USA. I hope you mean what you say brother.

Perhaps a patriot sub crew will take out the bastards before they get too far.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41089357

I do not believe that 86% of our military is overseas. If that were so they would be forced to stay overseas forever because there would be nobody to replace them in rotation. Every base in our country would be deserted except for a few MPs to man the gates. It just ain't so.

I'll hazzard that not more than 30% of our troops are overseas. If talking about land forces the number will be even lower. Then there is the fact that the national guard comprises about 40% of our land and air forces and very, very few of them are overseas.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45353097

Maybe I should have reversed it and stated 14% of our military is in a position to fight government oppression and foreign intervention. I don't have any hard statistics I can quote, but I cannot see any more than that being free to help the citizenry. I agree that the troops overseas will be stranded to fend for themselves
,paraphrasing of course.

bottom line is the 14% will chose to help, will have to do so through a direct strike on the heart of the rogue rigeim.
4thhorseman

User ID: 30859703
United States
08/19/2013 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

folks really congress has no authority?

Listen pay attention
we are totally Fucked if that be the international law

Is the US Lybia

Maybe
 Quoting: ISLANDIA

I just want to ring their necks.. macgun
SICSEMPERTYRANIS
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Vi veri universum vivus vici
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact".
Arthur Conan Doyle
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth".
Arthur Conan Doyle
MOLON LABE [link to www.usavsus.info]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41700650
United States
08/19/2013 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Reading the article, they would not attempt to confiscate.

They know better. They are going to try and phase them out over a period of a generation or two by regulations.
 Quoting: *Evan

^^^
This!!!!!!!

It's all gradualism, making it harder and harder to get a gun, harder to get bullets, and so on unti pretty much everyone is disarmed.

Meanwhile, DHS has ordered 2.1 billion bullets including 450 million dum dum bullets.
Radiki

User ID: 45435495
United States
08/19/2013 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

+1
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2869882

+1
 Quoting: RAG 45297661

+1
 Quoting: Truthism 18145040

+1
 Quoting: AdHocBOHICA

+1
Radiki
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21704313
United States
08/19/2013 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been hearing this shit forever.
I wish they'd just go for it,
so we can get this shit over with.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41123092

+1
strgzr

User ID: 442796
United States
08/19/2013 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check & Mate

Ships & Troops on the way, Docs are signed
Kids are in bed

"The true scope of the anti-firearm crusade of the United Nations, which began more than a dozen years ago, finally is coming into clear focus, as the White House readies to sign the Arms Trade Treaty adopted with U.S. support this past April by the U.N. General Assembly. The reach of this long-term, carefully crafted agenda is truly breathtaking, going far beyond the publicly articulated goals of even the most radical of homegrown gun-control groups..."

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 42305126

Bring it.
:)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45436784
United States
08/19/2013 10:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
The youtube videos would be fantastic!
Hard Eight

User ID: 35278639
United States
08/19/2013 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Treaties require a 2/3 majority vote by the Senate in order to be ratified.
 Quoting: DoomInTexas 1043748

Federal reserve act: Never ratified! Obamacare: Never ratified!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41234177

these things don't need to be 'ratified!' LOL

we have Obama to take care of business !

into hell we dive
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9831451

:dictater:
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24931009
United States
08/19/2013 10:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Molon labe
LT Prepper

User ID: 45239391
United States
08/19/2013 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
They will start in FEMA region 3, and this is going to be the October Surprise everyone is waiting on. REGION 3 is statistically passive and anti gun, so they expect the rest of the country to give up after region 3 is pacified.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41089357

bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag

BULLSHIT. Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia are definitely *not* anti-gun. Over a million hunting permits issued in 2011 in those three states, alone. I don't have stats readily available on how many deer and other game were taken, but anecdotal evidence would suggest that somewhere between 30 and 50% of hunters are successful in taking at least one quarry in a given season - one hell of a "rebel force" to be reckoned with, just within 100 miles of the District of Criminals.

The phrase, "Good luck with that", immediately comes to mind.

Logistics alone will break any large force attempting to stay highly mobile in such an environment; and guerrilla tactics will destroy by attrition any force which tries to dig in and "hold ground". That's the rock and hard-place of asymmetrical warfare, particularly when there are no "rear areas" where supplies are safe, and where troops can get R&R.

Draw a circle with a radius of 50 miles centered on DC - a large enough force (figure 12,000-15,000 troops) can take that in about 10 days. It will likely cost: 400~600 casualties among the invading force, 40~50 vehicles destroyed, and ~40,000-60,000 gallons of fuel burned (in 10 days). The operation will require some 480,000 pounds of food, medicine, and other consumables to be delivered to the field; that's 48,000 pounds of deliveries every day, on time, to all forces, or the net of control will begin to fail after as little as 24 hours without replenishment.

Now, double that radius to 100 miles...securing and obtaining provisional control will take at least 10 weeks and 50,000 troops, and it will cost 1300~1800 casualties, about 200 vehicles destroyed, and 500,000 gallons of fuel burned (in 10 weeks). The operation will require some 14,000,000 pounds of food, medicine, and other consumables to be delivered to the field - about 1,400,000 pounds per week.

Double that radius to 200 miles, and it will take between 10 and 16 months to "pacify" that much area with roughly 150,000 troops. Casualties will be in the range of 12,000~20,000 per year, vehicle losses will be well over 2500 per year, this force will require over 14 million gallons of fuel per year to remain operational, and will also require ~260 Million pounds of food, medicine, and other consumables per year. That is 270,000 gallons of fuel, and 5,000,000 pounds of supplies per week!!! This is similar to what Exxon/Mobile and Wallmart deliver each week in the entire US market east of the Mississippi river!

These figures for fuel and consumables do *not* account for losses due to sabotage or "piracy" by rebels, and therefore may have to be increased as much as 15~25% or more durring an extended campaign, where networks of rebel forces coordinate against resupply operations.

All personnel, materials, and supplies will require continual replenishment to every field location. On time. Under combat conditions. If Exxon and Walmart couldn't do it, who do you think can?!?

And this is still not even 20% of the contiguous US territory under "control".

In short, without aiding factors it would be functionally impossible to control and disarm even 50% of the territory known as CONUS. That is why they are so desperately seeking aiding factors, like a natural disaster and/or a grid down type of game changer scenario.

Amateurs think tactics...professionals think logistics.

Last Edited by LT Prepper on 08/19/2013 11:02 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45105334
United States
08/19/2013 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
See Colonel Prescott's famous line...

True Americans are no fools even though they may "appear" to be.
kickazCarlin

User ID: 27326813
United States
08/19/2013 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Since the first major U.N. meeting in July 2001, officially launching the so-called “Program of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects,” this bureaucratic behemoth on the banks of the East River in New York City has been attempting to stretch its tentacles into the domestic regulation of firearms. If the administration of President Obama signs the Arms Trade Treaty, the U.N. will have taken a major step toward its ultimate goal — regardless of whether the treaty is ever submitted to the Senate for ratification.

OHHHHhhHhhHhhhhhhhhh Ya TPTB are scared ......AND THEY FUCKING SHOULD BE......

Oh by the way.....2222222
 Quoting: catsscratchfever

^pure awesomeness and truth
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

I am open to any and all sides of a story but beware,I have a biased opinion from life experiences just like you.
Gypsy Priest

User ID: 37401502
United States
08/19/2013 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
AMERICAN HUNTERS: THE WORLD'S LARGEST ARMY
02-01-2011 8:34 pm - Anonymous
In WWII, Japan's highest ranking naval officer was Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University. There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:

The state of Wisconsin recently completed an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits in 2010.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who were in the woods of Pennsylvania or Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.

[link to www.libertynewsonline.com] check...an BOOM
 Quoting: Gonviral

PA registered hunters = 933,000. Population 12.7 million.

There is a saying: During hunting season, PA has the 6th largest standing army in the world.

I also read somewhere that over 40% of registered PA voters are gun owners. That's 5.1 million people with the ability to fight back and fight on familiar ground.

Not thinking the UN would have an easy time in PA.
********Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please*******
PrblyInsane

User ID: 38403971
United States
08/19/2013 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I understand all the "Treaties can't usurp the Constitution", and "congress will stop them", and "Obama would have a war on his hands if he does it". But what if he doesn't give a fuck and wants to speed up the clock on his totalitarian idea? What if he instigates this? What if by some god awful, they get this plan going? Don't dismiss the idea entirely, just believe that its improbable, not impossible.
"Getting a message out is nothing. Getting you to believe me is everything."
ar-15 nut

User ID: 44044090
United States
08/19/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

+1
 Quoting: RAG 45297661

+1

+1

+1
 Quoting: Radiki

agean no op of no and let me bs zero from my service and my forefathersiwobs
We are a REPUBLIC.If we can keep it MORAN!
A pissed off American Veteran!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5632427
United States
08/19/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
ar-15 nut

User ID: 44044090
United States
08/19/2013 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

+1

+1

+1
 Quoting: Radiki

agean no op of no and let me bs zero from my service and my forefathersiwobs
 Quoting: ar-15 nut

iwobs
We are a REPUBLIC.If we can keep it MORAN!
A pissed off American Veteran!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1150530
United States
08/19/2013 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you guys remember the thread that was made by one person from UK who said the same thing?
 Quoting: shyrlymyrly

Thread: Urgent: CONGRESSMAN MITCH MCCONNELL'S SECERATARY CONFIRMS TO VET THAT OBAMA IS PLANNING TO USE U.N. TROOPS TO ATTACK THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 35212804

Not this shit again.
putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 39796034
United States
08/19/2013 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
The intelligence of the backwoods rejects called the UN have not a clue as to what they are awakening. The desert sun seems to have baked their brains.

There is no treaty that trumps the Constitution.

Soon these idiots will be rounded up and arrested.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 570175
Australia
08/19/2013 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look at all the keyboard warriors.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 39796034
United States
08/19/2013 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look at all the keyboard warriors.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 570175

Yes just look.... you have not a clue.
Founders Fan

User ID: 43754708
United States
08/19/2013 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
shhootersprayer
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.

Bob Marley

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.”
THOMAS PAINE (1737-1809)

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. Bruce Lee
Dr. Carver
User ID: 24919026
United States
08/19/2013 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
It was this magnificent thing !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45419275
United States
08/19/2013 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Contrary to idiots that spread rumours, international treaties do NOT trump the US constitution.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2530461

Obama took an oath to protect and defend the constitution.
If he signs that treaty, that means he is a traitor.

What is the punishment for treason?
TheShoveler(AmJedi)

User ID: 45078308
United States
08/19/2013 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey Blue Helmets, listen up! These words are for ye.
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
Gypsy Priest

User ID: 37401502
United States
08/19/2013 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
shhootersprayer
 Quoting: Founders Fan

Excellent!!
********Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please*******
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1551926
United States
08/19/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look at all the sheep led to the slaughter.

[link to www.youtube.com]

GLP