Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,963 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,065,143
Pageviews Today: 2,122,569Threads Today: 903Posts Today: 18,910
11:19 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Fukushima new Level 1 Incident Live Press Conference warns of new leaks at plant, unsure where leaks are coming from...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44523821
Canada
08/20/2013 03:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Fukushima new Level 1 Incident Live Press Conference warns of new leaks at plant, unsure where leaks are coming from...
oh, a dead Banana!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45339862

cruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45449646
United Kingdom
08/20/2013 04:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Fukushima new Level 1 Incident Live Press Conference warns of new leaks at plant, unsure where leaks are coming from...
Water is not measured in "tons".
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8405615

Well how many gallons are in a ton.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45449646
United Kingdom
08/20/2013 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Level 1 nuclear incident today at #Fukushima. “Extremely high radiation levels” found leaking near Unit 4

Press conference now [link to live.nicovideo.jp]

From our GLP translator

OK its way too complicated to translate like this, but hes basically saying that they have some worry about tank leakage. that more than one tank is leaking and they dont know the exact points, then he is telling exactly how full each tank is (many of them above 90% full) and how many tons have leaked.
Now hes talking about how many beta and gamma nucleides have been found and which elements have been found in the water and whether that water is inside the tank or outside.

(trust me this is very high level japanese, above my level, I'm doing my best loll)

There is a pump between 10 and 11 that .. has something. Im not sure?

the tanks are all connected so when there is a problem with one there is a problem with all of them

OMG something about rain... I missed it because i was typing the last line... Tokyos gonna get rain too this afternoon.. I'm not sure, I'll have to ask a friend if they heard it. The commenters are freaking out about it.

He finishes off when they have more information they will tell.

Thats the end of his report.
 Quoting: Truthserim

We all new this from day one,only ones who did not where the japs all tanks are leaking and no one can stop them,the fall out is all over our world right now with new fall out coming in daily we are all dead in 10years is that not the truth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45450206
United States
Report Abusive Post
Level 1 nuclear incident today at #Fukushima. “Extremely high radiation levels” found leaking near Unit 4

Press conference to follow...

Wow, they are actually reporting an incident.

UN-FUCKIN BELIEVEABLE!

MY god people, this planet is so contaminated now. How do they let people live in Japan. They know the whole island is contaminated and the people are so complacent it is killing them.

Hell the head operator just died at the age of 54, from tumors and cancer.

When will the world show some outrage?

When will the world help them?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45421256

How?

Like they "helped" us?
Citizenperth

User ID: 18275716
Australia
Report Abusive Post
oh, a dead Banana!

cruise
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 44523821

not all that funny.. if it was someone else posting it sure.. sure..

atom boy (same poster(s)) in 2011- has posted personal details, addresses, pictures and such of a very discretely personal nature... TEPCO take this seriously.....

Last Edited by CitizenPerth™ on 08/20/2013 04:17 AM
It's life as we know it, but only just.
[link to citizenperth.wordpress.com]
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30035975
Australia
08/20/2013 04:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45449646

I'm sure the concentration of other elements would change the specific gravity but roughly 220 imperial gallons (240 US) in a metric ton. Total spill about 65000 gallons of radioactive water spilled onto the soil around the tanks and buildings.
Citizenperth

Australia
08/20/2013 04:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm sure the concentration of other elements would change the specific gravity but roughly 220 imperial gallons (240 US) in a metric ton. Total spill about 65000 gallons of radioactive water spilled onto the soil around the tanks and buildings.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30035975

somewhere on my site i did an article of disemination of TEPCO bullshit of the 'roughly' swimming pool crap to both empirical, and Metric by Cubes to water. ie: Kilogram of substance to weight of liquid to mass of liquid....

somewhere....
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie
Citizenperth

Australia
08/20/2013 04:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK!...

this one is up and verified!

[mochizuki]

Following up this article..Fukushima worker “Expiration date for use of the contaminated tanks is coming.” [URL]

Tepco held an extraordinary press conference for the leakage on 8/20/2013.

From their announcement, one of the tanks (No.5) lost 1/3 of the stocked water, which is approx. 300 tones.

Most of the leaked water has travelled out of the local dam. The total amount of leaking β nuclide is 24,000,000,000,000 Bq. The total amount of leaking Cesium-134 is 13,800,000,000 Bq. The total amount of leaking Cesium-137 is 30,000,000,000.

The leaking part is not identified yet. The leakage is still continuing.

Tepco is pumping up the leaked water but it’s still 4 tones.

[link to fukushima-diary.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30035975
Australia
08/20/2013 04:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30035975

somewhere on my site i did an article of disemination of TEPCO bullshit of the 'roughly' swimming pool crap to both empirical, and Metric by Cubes to water. ie: Kilogram of substance to weight of liquid to mass of liquid....

somewhere....
 Quoting: Citizenperth

With all the heavy elements and possible bits of fuel for all we know the volume could be out by 10-15% Either way the water saturation levels of the soil under the reactor foundations are my biggest fear. (at least until November when they start the SPF removal).

I checked out your site the other day. Keep up the good work keeping people informed..one day soon we might all need to volunteer to go save the human race for real. If it took half a million brave Russians, it's going to take 50 million brave earthlings to save us now.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
08/20/2013 04:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
oh, a dead Banana!

cruise

atom boy (same poster(s)) in 2011- has posted personal details, addresses, pictures and such of a very discretely personal nature... TEPCO take this seriously.....

Dude, sarcasm.

I'm well acquainted with Ass-Fuck boy.

And I know that making fun of his lame attempts at insults, pisses him off.

Thanks for blowing my cover.
huffy
Citizenperth

Australia
08/20/2013 04:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
oh, a dead Banana!

cruise

Dude, sarcasm.

huffy

sry dude...

it's ok, you don't have a nippon flag (like most), yer sarcasm is duly noted ;), and cover reinstated....

beer
Anonymous Coward
Canada
08/20/2013 04:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

cruise

Dude, sarcasm.

huffy

sry dude...

it's ok, you don't have a nippon flag (like most), yer sarcasm is duly noted ;), and cover reinstated....

:beer:

No worries. We're on the same side :)
NiNzrez

User ID: 43003237
United States
08/20/2013 04:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Kyodo News, Aug 20, 2013: Roughly 300 tons of water contaminated with radioactive substances have leaked from water storage tanks [... Tepco] said it detected in the leaked water radioactive substances emitting beta rays, with an extremely high reading of 80 million becquerels per liter [...] TEPCO said the toxic water most likely flowed into the soil. The utility has yet to identify the exact source of the leak

Calculations: Roughly 300 metric tons = Roughly 300,000 liters × 80 million Bq of beta radiation per liter = Roughly 24,000,000,000,000 Bq of total beta radiation (~24 trillion Bq)

Quoting: NiNzrez
What dose that mean to the lay man?
 Quoting: Ablitive

this explains it well-
Understanding Radiation:
Becquerels and Sieverts
[link to tsukubascience.com]

Becquerel (Bq)

The unit of radioactive decay equal to one disintegration per second. The Becquerel is the basic unit of radioactivity used in the international system of radiation units, referred to as the “SI” units. 37 billion (3.7×1010) becquerels = 1 curie (Ci).

Beta particles are subatomic particles ejected from the nucleus of some radioactive atoms. They are equivalent to electrons. The difference is that beta particles originate in the nucleus and electrons originate outside the nucleus
[link to www.epa.gov]

What happens to beta particles in the environment?

Beta particles travel several feet in open air and are easily stopped by solid materials. When a beta particle has lost its energy, it is like any other loose electron. Whether in the outdoor environment or in the body, these electrons are then picked up by a positive ion.

How can beta particles affect people's health?
[link to www.epa.gov]

Radioactivity in some natural and other materials
[link to www.cnechile.cl]
Citizenperth

Australia
08/20/2013 04:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Kyodo News, Aug 20, 2013: Roughly 300 tons of water contaminated with radioactive substances have leaked from water storage tanks [... Tepco] said it detected in the leaked water radioactive substances emitting beta rays, with an extremely high reading of 80 million becquerels per liter [...] TEPCO said the toxic water most likely flowed into the soil. The utility has yet to identify the exact source of the leak

Calculations: Roughly 300 metric tons = Roughly 300,000 liters × 80 million Bq of beta radiation per liter = Roughly 24,000,000,000,000 Bq of total beta radiation (~24 trillion Bq)

this explains it well-
Understanding Radiation:
Becquerels and Sieverts
[link to tsukubascience.com]

Becquerel (Bq)

The unit of radioactive decay equal to one disintegration per second. The Becquerel is the basic unit of radioactivity used in the international system of radiation units, referred to as the “SI” units. 37 billion (3.7×1010) becquerels = 1 curie (Ci).

Beta particles are subatomic particles ejected from the nucleus of some radioactive atoms. They are equivalent to electrons. The difference is that beta particles originate in the nucleus and electrons originate outside the nucleus
[link to www.epa.gov]

What happens to beta particles in the environment?

Beta particles travel several feet in open air and are easily stopped by solid materials. When a beta particle has lost its energy, it is like any other loose electron. Whether in the outdoor environment or in the body, these electrons are then picked up by a positive ion.

How can beta particles affect people's health?
[link to www.epa.gov]

Radioactivity in some natural and other materials
[link to www.cnechile.cl]

ty for that, i ran out of pinning room for the in depth 101 on this.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45316917
France
08/20/2013 05:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
i hereby open my home to all teenage Japanese girl evacuees
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45435473

Are you trying to broadcast you're a paedo?

seems to read that way...

If so please kill yourself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1885697
United States
08/20/2013 05:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

UN-FUCKIN BELIEVEABLE!

MY god people, this planet is so contaminated now. How do they let people live in Japan. They know the whole island is contaminated and the people are so complacent it is killing them.

It's like you read my mind. Well said
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1885697
United States
08/20/2013 05:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

UN-FUCKIN BELIEVEABLE!

How?

Like they "helped" us?
/quote]
The point is we all suffer if this isn't taken care of very soon
Fishy

User ID: 23648161
United States
08/20/2013 05:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK!...

[mochizuki]

Following up this article..Fukushima worker “Expiration date for use of the contaminated tanks is coming.” [URL]

From their announcement, one of the tanks (No.5) lost 1/3 of the stocked water, which is approx. 300 tones.

Most of the leaked water has travelled out of the local dam. The total amount of leaking β nuclide is 24,000,000,000,000 Bq. The total amount of leaking Cesium-134 is 13,800,000,000 Bq. The total amount of leaking Cesium-137 is 30,000,000,000.

CP, here is the most recent press release from Tepco. It describes detailed nuclide analysis of the leaked water. Doesn't look good. Thoughts??
[link to www.tepco.co.jp]
Citizenperth

Australia
08/20/2013 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

UN-FUCKIN BELIEVEABLE!

How?

Like they "helped" us?
/quote]

The point is we all suffer if this isn't taken care of very soon
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45450206

pretty much too late.. they have slowed down time using the multi-media, so that people never noticed.....

pretty freaky yeah? but that's what they did....

walking across the zebra crossing with your ipad and earphones, which people do... don't see the bus coming to hit them until too late... and no time to consider an alternative.. profound days...

Last Edited by CitizenPerth™ on 08/20/2013 05:09 AM
Fishy

User ID: 23648161
United States
08/20/2013 05:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK!...

[mochizuki]

CP, here is the most recent press release from Tepco. It describes detailed nuclide analysis of the leaked water. Doesn't look good. Thoughts??
 Quoting: Fishy

Wrong link before. Here is the correct one
Citizenperth

Australia
08/20/2013 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK!...

[mochizuki]

Wrong link before. Here is the correct one

hey fishy, you got me onto them here i've got:

Thread: Just as another inside from today.. Tepco left out the evil PU and U from todays results.. it pissed me so...

Thread: Just in : Most of the leaked water has travelled out of the local dam. The total amount of leaking B nuclide is 24,000,000,000,000 Bq. Fukushima

Thread: Breaking 20-08 The new Tsunami.... 18 Children Just reported in Fukushima with Thyroid cancer. being translated now...
Angry Hierophant

User ID: 41311792
United States
08/20/2013 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
bumpwtf
FuzzleFace

User ID: 43871895
United States
08/20/2013 08:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here we go folks, Earth is about to terraform its own asshole. The shit will be flying, believe dat!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 43124275

chuckle
This is all a joke!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45382518
United States
08/20/2013 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
So basically we are going to have the near future a massive megaquake that will shake up the whole world and kill billions. Nice.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45440133

And you know this how?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31106319
United States
08/20/2013 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone heard about a last ditch effort to build an underground ice wall as a barrier?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13133046

How do you build an ice wall when the temperature of the core is well over 2,000 degrees.

Whoever tossed that one out there was either ignorant or throwing up a smoke screen.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 41700650

rockon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31106319
United States
08/20/2013 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Either way I would not trust anything TEPCO says. It is in Japanese culture to LIE until you are blue in the face, to avoid uncomfortable situations. People will do this until it results in death day after day. That is why there are so many suicides in Japan. Japanese people do not like to face the truth, it messes up their "Wa" or their "peacefulness" and would rather lie and be lied to. This is the real truth of Japan.

By the way this is not my country, I Just live here... I'm very resentful to Japan for this aspect of their culture. This is neither the time nor the place for that bullshit. They need to get serious.

You can bet that whatever they say, whatever they admit to, is already basically common knowledge among those who really pay attention to what's going on. When they are admitting it, it means something worse is going on.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 40594079

this x 1000
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44553142
United States
08/20/2013 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

means it about doubles the total radiation released from the beginning in 2011.
Correct me if im wrong, but i know its somewhere in that ballpark.

GLP