curiousgoods
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 30235280
United States
08/21/2013 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Friend just became 33rd Degree Mason!
So what is the proper protocol for me to grill him for secrets? :) We're not close friends, only see each other a couple of times a year, but I was surprised to see he was already at this level at a relatively young age.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45464121
United Kingdom
08/21/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Friend just became 33rd Degree Mason!
Check his cupboards and see if he has a stash of candies and cookies.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44834193
Netherlands
08/21/2013 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
So what is the proper protocol for me to grill him for secrets? :) We're not close friends, only see each other a couple of times a year, but I was surprised to see he was already at this level at a relatively young age.
 Quoting: curiousgoods

bsflag

IF your friend did become a 33rd degree mason you can be sure 100% he would not be telling you about it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44834193
Netherlands
08/21/2013 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

Also only old people become 33rd degree masons.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45464121
United Kingdom
08/21/2013 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

bsflag

IF your friend did become a 33rd degree mason you can be sure 100% he would not be telling you about it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 44834193

They don't keep it a secret. The Shriners are nothing but 33rds, it's a requirement to get in, and yet they are publicly active with their ridiculous cars and hats.
Freemasonryisdisgusti​ng
User ID: 32523064
United States
08/21/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

I bet someone close to him just got murdered. I believe that's what it takes to become a 33rd degree. It's a sacrifice to their god Lucifer the light bearer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44831212
United States
08/21/2013 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tell him nobody is coming for his ass.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/21/2013 10:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
What secrets do you seek.
curiousgoods  (OP)

User ID: 45516262
United States
08/21/2013 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

bsflag

Well, he's got pictures of it posted all over his Facebook page so apparently it's not too secret. He took a special trip to DC for it and was one of I'm not sure how many but based on the pictures looked to be at least a few dozen.
curiousgoods  (OP)

United States
08/21/2013 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Also only old people become 33rd degree masons.

His age is the part that surprises me the most. He's under 40. He looked to be about the youngest in the photos from the event. He's young enough they can groom him for a run at the presidency ;)
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/21/2013 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
33rd degree is so yesterday
curiousgoods  (OP)

United States
08/21/2013 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
What secrets do you seek.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 44831212

I just want to know if there really even are any secrets. I go back and forth on pretty much every conspiracy from thinking it's real to thinking it's all just totally normal and boring and there's nothing more to see.
Children of the Atom

User ID: 20257839
United States
08/21/2013 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Age has nothing at all to do with degrees and progress. Some people pick up faster than others and this is why some pass through the degrees faster than others. I know a man who served in the USAF who is a 32nd degree and he did it all in a few years when most of the time it can take up to 18 years.

GLP