Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,115 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 120,829
Pageviews Today: 212,625Threads Today: 77Posts Today: 1,477
02:50 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Best Interview Ever - Rep. Alan Grayson: U.S. Has to Stop Focusing on Sending a Message on Syria

LADY ENIGMA
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 41564084
United States
09/06/2013 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Best Interview Ever - Rep. Alan Grayson: U.S. Has to Stop Focusing on Sending a Message on Syria
Watched this interview today with Jeffrey Brown/PBS and Alan Grayson who is dead set against military action in Syria. If you have a few minutes, watch the video, it is excellent! He blasts Obama and the whole red line credibility excuse.

"REP. ALAN GRAYSON, D-Fla.: Several reasons.

First, it's not our responsibility. It's not our responsibility to act unilaterally. Secondly, it's not going to do any good. It's not going to change the regime. It's not going to end the civil war. It's not even going prevent a new strike and use of chemical warfare.

Third, it's expensive, and, fourth, it's dangerous. It could easily spin out of control."

[link to www.pbs.org]
ENIGMA
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27137898
United States
09/06/2013 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Best Interview Ever - Rep. Alan Grayson: U.S. Has to Stop Focusing on Sending a Message on Syria
I saw this as well. Amazing! The rest of congress needs a lesson or two from this guy.
LADY ENIGMA  (OP)

United States
09/06/2013 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Best Interview Ever - Rep. Alan Grayson: U.S. Has to Stop Focusing on Sending a Message on Syria
More from the same interview...love the Hallmark comment!

"ALAN GRAYSON: As one of my colleagues said, if you want to send a message, use Hallmark, not missiles. I think that logic applies here.

Listen, we have to stop thinking in terms of messages and start thinking about, what is our responsibility as a country? We have a responsibility to 20 million Americans who are looking for full-time work. We have a responsibility to 40 million Americans who can't see a doctor when they're sick.

When my constituents in Central Florida hear that we might spend a billion dollars on this strike, they're appalled. The country is up in arms about even the possibility of this. We set up a Web site called dontattacksyria.com. Within a short time, 50,000 people have already signed our petition against the resolution.

When I talk to other members, I find that the e-mails and the letters and the phone calls to their offices are running 100-1 against this resolution. And there's having -- there's an effect. According to the recent whipping numbers, 20 members are in favor of this, 183 against. Why? Because the American public understands it's simply not our problem."

[link to www.pbs.org]

Last Edited by LADY ENIGMA on 09/06/2013 12:11 AM
ENIGMA
LADY ENIGMA  (OP)

United States
09/06/2013 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
And my last for this thread, but the video is the best and has more info.

"JEFFREY BROWN: And what happens to the president from your own party if he loses this vote? What are the implications for him, for his stature, for his ability to get things done in the rest of his term?

ALAN GRAYSON: With all due respect, that's irrelevant. We cannot decide whether to go to war on the basis of those kind of considerations. It simply doesn't matter.

I will tell you this. I think this time would be much better spent for his own future and the rest of his term and for America's that we would start to think about the fact that three weeks from now, there's going to be a government shutdown, and five weeks from now, the government runs out of money when we reach the debt limit.

It's appalling to me, appalling to me, that we spend two or three or four weeks debating whether to create a whole new category of war called humanitarian war, rather than dealing with our own problems and trying to solve them."

[link to www.pbs.org]
ENIGMA
brassbat

User ID: 15444309
United States
09/06/2013 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the Applause 6first time this guy has ever made sense !
jjjjj
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45679142
Germany
09/06/2013 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Watched this interview today with Jeffrey Brown/PBS and Alan Grayson who is dead set against military action in Syria. If you have a few minutes, watch the video, it is excellent! He blasts Obama and the whole red line credibility excuse.

"REP. ALAN GRAYSON, D-Fla.: Several reasons.

First, it's not our responsibility. It's not our responsibility to act unilaterally. Secondly, it's not going to do any good. It's not going to change the regime. It's not going to end the civil war. It's not even going prevent a new strike and use of chemical warfare.

Third, it's expensive, and, fourth, it's dangerous. It could easily spin out of control."

[link to www.pbs.org]
 Quoting: LADY ENIGMA

Awesome points. He forgot to mention it's never about 'message' or 'red line'. Someone is itching for a lot of money and won't hesitate to send American people overseas to pick it up

oridin
LADY ENIGMA  (OP)

United States
09/06/2013 12:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the Applause 6first time this guy has ever made sense !
 Quoting: brassbat

So, true!

I love the photo, made me smile, thanks!

hf
ENIGMA
LADY ENIGMA  (OP)

United States
09/06/2013 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Okay, sent this link over to a friend of mine who voted for Obama. I stopped trying to talk to her about politics a few months ago, so I wasn't sure where she stood on Syria. Just heard back from her, and WOW, she is one ticked off lady! She has turned on Obama and said that most of the people she knows feels the same way. (We live in different states.)

Anyone else getting the same response?

wakeup
ENIGMA
LADY ENIGMA  (OP)

User ID: 46405000
United States
09/06/2013 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone know where I can list of our dear leaders and how they are voting on Syria?

Or can you link it to this thread? I'm really interested in finding out the status now.

Thanks!
ENIGMA

GLP