Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,533 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 21,703
Pageviews Today: 41,101Threads Today: 21Posts Today: 207
12:21 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Store Owner Stunned After Receiving Envelope From the Man Who Robbed Him at Gunpoint More Than a Decade Ago

Nostril Domus
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 2786442
United States
09/10/2013 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Store Owner Stunned After Receiving Envelope From the Man Who Robbed Him at Gunpoint More Than a Decade Ago
Guilt must weigh a ton. Who ever he is i am glad he has shrugged the drugs and some of the guilt.

An unidentified man recently returned to the Nashville store he robbed 11 years ago to deliver a hand-written note as well as $400 cash to replace the money he stole — with interest.

The owner of the InterAsian Market & Deli, Keosavanh Xayarath, remembers being robbed at gunpoint over a decade ago like it was yesterday.

The man and his son, Somboon Wu, were caught off guard when a mysterious man entered the store and insisted they accept an envelope marked “Owner.” The man reportedly told them that the delivery was very important because it contained money.

“He was really insistent that we take this, that we had to take this,” Somboon said, adding that they were hesitant at first.

When Keosavanh finally decided to open the envelope, he found a handwritten letter and four $100 bills. The apology letter’s author claimed to be the same man who robbed the store of $300 about 11 years ago. The letter read: “I do not use drugs anymore and I feal [sic] I must make amends to the people I have hurt in the past.”

[link to www.theblaze.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45325547
United States
09/10/2013 05:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Store Owner Stunned After Receiving Envelope From the Man Who Robbed Him at Gunpoint More Than a Decade Ago
That's some awesome news
Vision Thing

User ID: 46427398
United States
09/10/2013 05:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Store Owner Stunned After Receiving Envelope From the Man Who Robbed Him at Gunpoint More Than a Decade Ago
You never hear things like this but it must have really been bothering the thief.

Getting robbed like that is really traumatic - I know from experience.
Nostril Domus  (OP)

United States
09/10/2013 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's some awesome news
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45325547

Just goes to show that you can turn your life around if you really want to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26300532
United States
09/10/2013 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cool story, a good reason never to judge, he had such a conscience that it bothered him for 10 years, you never know.
pinkshirtguy

User ID: 41953934
United States
09/10/2013 05:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
That's some awesome news

Quoting: Nostril Domus

and some say it's unpossible.
poyl
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2013 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's some awesome news

I did this too after much vandalism as a teen, cleaned myself up and apologized for my actions. Still haunts me what I did foolishly to others, I did suffer though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26255514
United States
09/10/2013 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kudos to the man who owned up to his crimes. Far too often we throw people away for making 1 mistake.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21903530
Canada
09/10/2013 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's part of the twelve step program to apologise to those who you have wronged by your addiction fueled behaviour
Nostril Domus  (OP)

United States
09/10/2013 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's some awesome news

I did this too after much vandalism as a teen, cleaned myself up and apologized for my actions. Still haunts me what I did foolishly to others, I did suffer though.

Good man!

We have all done thing we regret at some point in our lives. That guilt he felt was strong enough to stick with him for 10 years, that is punishment enough in my eyes.
Indestructable
User ID: 10872394
United States
09/10/2013 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
You would be surprised.

Some of the most reliable and upstanding people you know personally have felonies lingering from mistakes long past.

You would never suspect it of them because they obviously do not fit the societal stigma of what a felon is.

That's the danger in being programmed as a society to arbitrarily render preconceived judgement about someone due to their "status" or "legal classification".

Many of us have kids, and many of us have stupid kids. Kids are stupid by nature. They make mistakes.

But in this modern incarnation of what used to be a great country, those mistakes are counting against them for life.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7465905
United States
09/10/2013 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
There's a man that Obama will never be able to claim as a son.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2013 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's some awesome news

Good man!

We have all done thing we regret at some point in our lives. That guilt he felt was strong enough to stick with him for 10 years, that is punishment enough in my eyes.

Three years in prison for me, 12 years of guilt. Guilt is tougher to overcome if you have a conscience. I have not caused anybody harm since them and never will.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2013 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
You would be surprised.

Some of the most reliable and upstanding people you know personally have felonies lingering from mistakes long past.

You would never suspect it of them because they obviously do not fit the societal stigma of what a felon is.

That's the danger in being programmed as a society to arbitrarily render preconceived judgement about someone due to their "status" or "legal classification".

Many of us have kids, and many of us have stupid kids. Kids are stupid by nature. They make mistakes.

But in this modern incarnation of what used to be a great country, those mistakes are counting against them for life.
 Quoting: Indestructable 10872394

For life is right. My juvenile felony has prevented me from many things I wanted. I'm OK with it now though. I trust God, Have a great wife, Two kids, and a college degree now. I truly am not a criminal, just made very poor choices as a child.
Nostril Domus  (OP)

United States
09/10/2013 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
You would be surprised.

Quoting: Indestructable 10872394

Yep i agree, when a felon is done with his time why should it haunt he/she for life. Most of your rights stripped away even though your debt to society has been paid. Maybe if they would not alienate most criminals when they get out, they might would stay out!
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/10/2013 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good man!

Three years in prison for me, 12 years of guilt. Guilt is tougher to overcome if you have a conscience. I have not caused anybody harm since them and never will.

Today is actually my anniversary for my arrest. 9/10/2001, 12 years ago.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46642199
Australia
09/10/2013 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
just goes to show it's never too late.

great story OP
Nostril Domus  (OP)

United States
09/10/2013 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good man!

Congrats on keeping straight!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46606888
Australia
09/10/2013 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good man!

Did you steal 1.2 trillion dollars
BULLY! BULY!
User ID: 46266309
United States
09/10/2013 06:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Unfortunately any rehabilitation in the american prison system must be by the prisoner themselves. Prisons are big business just like wars. This just shows that many more could reform their life if the system was changed from punishment to a true rehabilitation system. America needs prison reform Now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41464146
United States
09/10/2013 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the bookstore where I used to work in NY, There was a check for $200 in a frame on the wall. The attached note read something like "Here's $200 for all the books I've stolen from your shop over the years.", from Hubert Selby Jr.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46522511
United States
09/10/2013 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
It sound to me like this Guy was blessed with something really special maybe he won the lottery and decided to Give back to all the people he stole from.

There was a TV show that was simlar to this called " My name is Earl" He won the lottery and was on a mission to give back to all those he hurt.
MHO
User ID: 38866078
United States
09/10/2013 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just a moment here... He needs to serve some time now, ten years will not beat the SOL, thats like 20 or 25 years. Armed robbery, he would get 10 - 15.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20216555
United States
09/10/2013 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wasnt that sweet?

Got to love them twelve steppers, well unless you take another close look at that letter in that drawer.
Social Demise

User ID: 2014503
United States
09/10/2013 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just a moment here... He needs to serve some time now, ten years will not beat the SOL, thats like 20 or 25 years. Armed robbery, he would get 10 - 15.
 Quoting: MHO 38866078

Obviously you have no conscious, but he would be out in 7 anyways. I think he should be left alone, and commend his honesty and conviction to do what was right in the long run.
Realize, real eyes, real lies, context is everything!
Nostril Domus  (OP)

User ID: 45104543
United States
09/10/2013 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Nostril Domus  (OP)

User ID: 25943795
United States
09/11/2013 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: MHO 38866078

Im sure you have done something, even if it was a minor crime that you were never caught for. turn yourself in now, you need to serve time..
Nostril Domus  (OP)

United States
09/11/2013 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

GLP