Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,068 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 976,990
Pageviews Today: 1,744,566Threads Today: 744Posts Today: 13,291
07:46 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why was Detroit allowed to be so utterly destroyed? Was it racist, Illuminati related? Other rust belts cities were spared.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46810014
United States
09/13/2013 08:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why was Detroit allowed to be so utterly destroyed? Was it racist, Illuminati related? Other rust belts cities were spared.
In Huxley's book Brave New World, Detroit was the new center of this New World Order.

What happened to cause Detroit to be sacrificed?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46348647
United States
09/13/2013 08:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why was Detroit allowed to be so utterly destroyed? Was it racist, Illuminati related? Other rust belts cities were spared.
Unions killed it. And liberals.
waterlily

User ID: 46715388
United States
09/13/2013 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why was Detroit allowed to be so utterly destroyed? Was it racist, Illuminati related? Other rust belts cities were spared.
What more could they do to save it? Millions upon millions were poured into that cesspool, proving once and for all that lack of $$ is NOT the problem.
*********** WaterLily ***********
" Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"
-- T. S. Elliot, Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

“We are as ignorant of the meaning of the dragon as we are of the meaning of the universe.”
-- Jorge Luis Borges
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Pompey made his preparations for the war at the end of the winter, entered upon it at the commencement of spring,
and finished it in the middle of the summer."
-- Cicero, De Imperio Cn. Pompei
dpepper
User ID: 46812725
United States
09/13/2013 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe because it once stood for something greater?

Automobile manufacturing at the height of American
achievement.
Was Motown around that area? The height of great
music?

Just a thought.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37900986
United States
09/13/2013 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
China needed a middle class....so we gave them ours...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
My point is that there were others just as fucked up. Like Cleveland, Indianapolis and others.

I just think just about more than economics and politics.
SteamrolledGobias

User ID: 46787476
United States
09/13/2013 08:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

achievement.
music?

Just a thought.
 Quoting: dpepper 46812725

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35325670
United States
09/13/2013 08:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pull the plug. Stop the money and it will sort it self out pretty quick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46813261
United States
09/13/2013 08:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe they shouldn't have driven out the producers!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7253835
United States
09/13/2013 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nope it was the lousy American automakers
Simple_Man

User ID: 15977994
United States
09/13/2013 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Da Stranger

Hmmm.....Ford has been making high quality trucks for years and within the last 10 years their cars have become just as impressive

the workers unions in Detroit is what ruined Detroit...imo

Last Edited by Simple_Man on 09/13/2013 08:29 PM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 08:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hmmm.....Ford has been making high quality trucks for years and within the last 10 years their cars have become just as impressive

Quoting: Simple_Man

I think that the "rabbit hole" goes much deeper than that...
dpepper
User ID: 46812725
United States
09/13/2013 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

achievement.
music?

Just a thought.
 Quoting: dpepper 46812725

Quoting: SteamrolledGobias

Thanks for the link! hf

I thought so! So, they don't like what Detroit
stood for and symbolized?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11912327
United States
09/13/2013 08:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
In Huxley's book Brave New World, Detroit was the new center of this New World Order.

What happened to cause Detroit to be sacrificed?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 46810014

You got it right , it will be the center of the new world .... That why they made it fail .... Got to make all the property cheap .... And discharge all debt... The the elite step in and buy every thing for pennies on the dollar.
The trick everyone to move back , hmmm maybe with changing poles or climate change. Not to also mention it sits right on the biggest fresh water lakes.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Detroit was the sacrifice on the alter to signify the end of the Industrial Age.

Detroit represented industry in this country.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40514240
United States
09/13/2013 08:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Detroit kinda freaked me out after I had seen the first Robo Cop at the theaters in the 80's. I don't know if it was a pre-programming mind thing or what, but after that movie came out, I wanted nothing to do with Detroit except maybe their cars, and that was it!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 08:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Detroit kinda freaked me out after I had seen the first Robo Cop at the theaters in the 80's. I don't know if it was a pre-programming mind thing or what, but after that movie came out, I wanted nothing to do with Detroit except maybe their cars, and that was it!
 Quoting: Lo0seR

It is amazing how the cattle are herded.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40514240
United States
09/13/2013 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Lo0seR

It is amazing how the cattle are herded.

No kidding....Ask any Rendering Plant Mngr.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1509012
United States
09/13/2013 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Glad you asked. I have watched all of those depressing videos. Especially the ones of before and after. How sad!!! Greed. Global economy. Corporate America. China and foreign car companies. The list goes on and on. One thing is for certain - our fore fathers (like my grandfather in the coal mines if PA) are turning in their graves right about now
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Glad you asked. I have watched all of those depressing videos. Especially the ones of before and after. How sad!!! Greed. Global economy. Corporate America. China and foreign car companies. The list goes on and on. One thing is for certain - our fore fathers (like my grandfather in the coal mines if PA) are turning in their graves right about now
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1509012

Think deeper...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17387506
United States
09/13/2013 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
they got what they voted for
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1509012
United States
09/13/2013 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1509012

Think deeper...

Yeah but you asked on a superficial level that's the solid truth. But to play devil's advocate (pun intended) my first thought was how these companies robbed Americans blind and their workers. You can only screw so many people - the evilness of these companies - a damn shame
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because one day we will build there

The Great Lakes region is the most important region of the country
 Quoting: Open Your Eyes

Why sacrifice it first?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Capital of this Country should be near the Great Lakes

As your brother Hiuxley stated in Brave New Word?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am just going with my OWN gut instincts on this one

I am just going with my OWN gut instincts on this one

If I may, let me give you my opinion of the plans for New Detroit. It is over. The Earth will be wiped clean and reborn. Nothing will be left of the old to "organize" or rebuild.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 09:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry for the double quotes.

Android sucks!
AvgJoe

User ID: 46806029
Dominican Republic
09/13/2013 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
growing up in Detroit, I see three problems...

-Greedy Unions

-Greedy Corporations

-Government who allowed greedy corporations to go outside the country w/no regard for the people they govern.

Companies should have free will to leave the country if they want. We are not communists here. I believe that those same companies have a responsibility to their community (yes, where their headquarters are, and where their factories were), and therefore should still be shelling out regular taxes, to the municipalities, states and to the Fed, for each job they ship overseas, just as if the job was still in the US. Our cities should not decay into shit because corporations wanted to export their labor.

Last Edited by AvgJoe on 09/13/2013 09:26 PM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
Report Abusive Post
If I may, let me give you my opinion of the plans for New Detroit. It is over. The Earth will be wiped clean and reborn. Nothing will be left of the old to "organize" or rebuild.

Wouldn't you want to ask Abaddon his opinion on this? lol

I freely form my own opinions. Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43167086
United States
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Simple_Man

I think the auto makers have, for the most part, abandoned Detroit.

From the figures listed on Wikipedia:

Ford has 92 plants that are open.
Out of those, 61 are not in the USA.
Out of those in the USA, 15 are in Michigan.

Factory Workers in Michigan: 9,748
Factory Workers in the USA: 35,238
Factory Workers not in the USA: 77,589
Factory Workers Worldwide: 116,637

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wouldn't you want to ask Abaddon his opinion on this? lol

I freely form my own opinions. Thanks.

As any true Wanderer would...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/13/2013 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seems like we have two threads going in one.

One is about the hidden agenda destruction of Detroit.

And one is about economics.

This shows people's mindsets now.

That's cool though. Both are welcome here.

GLP