last night
User ID: 93276
United States
05/14/2006 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
FREAKY THUNDER_EAST COAST!!
Knocked pictures off my wall!!

Sounded like bombs going off. Wasn't rolling thunder...I Have never heard anything like it.

Anybody else hear it?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/14/2006 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: FREAKY THUNDER_EAST COAST!!
and the moon had this almost red glow around 9:30 last night.
NC Dad
User ID: 83625
United States
05/14/2006 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes, I live in Triad area of North Carolina. The lightening and thunder was at its worst. I just got off the phone to my mom asking if she heard this aswell. I strike had to be very close, as it sounded like the earth was exploding. Ground shoke as Ive never felt before here. The bolts here were red, never seen that before. I keep thinking of War of the worlds when the lightening was crashing thru the ground, thats what it sure felt like. In 30 yrs at the same spot, I have never seen this type of powerful lightening and cucusion that it rippled thru the air and ground.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 90403
Japan
05/14/2006 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
intense

red lightning, wow
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/14/2006 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
as it sounded like the earth was exploding.

IT DID!!

I'm closer to the Charlotte area.

When I woke up I really thought it was a huge earthquake or something.

Pictures falling knocking stuff over.

and it wasn't like the normal kind of rolling thunder it sounded like "cannons" or something.

Thanks for sharing that!!
me too
User ID: 93291
United States
05/14/2006 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
there's a thread today also about people on the east coast feeling dizzy..........

me too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1807
United States
05/14/2006 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump wthread
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 93310
India
05/14/2006 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks ncdad.

I am anxious to see if anyone else felt the same way about this thunder.
barefeet

User ID: 93305
Ireland
Report Abusive Post
sounds like a blast. any pics?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 93308
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
electric activity from the comets that just past...static built up in our atmosphere.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76412
United States
05/14/2006 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
last night the thunder was powerful it sounded like an airplane exploding right overtop my head freaky that lots of people are noticing this
ANON
User ID: 93322
Switzerland
05/14/2006 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
CNN text says Edward Kennedy's plane struck by lightning and had to land in New Haven manually....no electricity on board. No one hurt.
Gwenethcometh
User ID: 93334
United States
05/14/2006 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Same here in Asheville NC-no warning of lightning by hearing it in the distance-then-KAPOW!-and then quiet for maybe ten to fifteen minutes-and out of nowhere again....BOOM! Little rain with that, too, not till later in the night.
Illuminati Weather Machine

User ID: 93117
United States
05/14/2006 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry bout that guys. Didn't mean to wake you guys up, just wipe you out is all.
oops
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 92671
United States
05/14/2006 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
In Georgia last night we had the same loud booms but we had heavy rain and hail. It was also unusually cool. It seems the temperature at night suddenly drops. It's unusual in Ga. for it to get as cool as it has the past couple of weeks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 55380
United States
05/14/2006 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I heard very strange booms in florida last night at about 3:33am, I thought it was a thurderstorm, so I turned on the weather channel and the radar was clear.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 91526
United States
05/14/2006 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
chemtrails are creating rain and stormy looking weather to cover up the sounds caused by the comet and disguise it as thunder.
JesusFreakPost-Trib

User ID: 92008
United States
05/14/2006 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

Here is a link to a thread I had the other night. Same kind of stuff here. Thought you guys might want to know. Watch for the Chem-trails they have been horrible here.
The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away.

We all need to remember that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 56291
United States
05/14/2006 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
central pa late morning
me too
User ID: 93291
United States
05/14/2006 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
(Michigan) been wondering in the last few months why the thunder sounds funny - like really long, rolling thunder, just doesn't stop.

It's been very cold here for the last week, over-cast with clouds and intermitent rain....

But the thunder is something new, the sound......

me too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 93398
United States
05/14/2006 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Same here in Vermont. Never heard anything like it - except perhaps for the finale at the Fireworks Show in July.
Anonymous Coward
India
05/14/2006 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump for the evening shift!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 93469
United States
05/14/2006 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
how can a comet cause sounds like that?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 185
United States
05/14/2006 07:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Incoming ice chunks that are big -- some many feet in diameter -- are superheated by the intense atmospheric ionization/heat of entry and they explode in a profound manner.

Imagine putting an ice cube into an electric superheated plasma...

KaBOOM!!
Anonymous Coward
India
05/14/2006 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
JesusFreakPost-Trib

thanks for the link to the other thread.
JesusFreakPost-Trib

User ID: 92008
United States
05/14/2006 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
awe someone finally thanked me thanks for thanking me. Nobody ever does lol. Weather has been more than strange as of late. Anyone else interested in some good sites for conspiracies and real news check out this thread.
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

This is a link to the web site.

[link to www.trunews.com]

Honestly feel free to give some imput or criticism or ay thing you would like to see changed to the website.
The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away.

We all need to remember that.
Storm Research
User ID: 84297
United States
05/15/2006 08:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
In Texas, we also are having all sorts of freaky weather with strange thunder like you all are describing in your reply posts + OP's initial reports. And yes, the red lightning too; also everyone is noticing how some bolts seem to stay on the ground much longer than normal, the strike is not a typical flash but more like a big pillar of electricity that is somehow stuck or grounded to the earth! And then comes the bizarre thunder that sounds like it is rolling in a big drum. About 2 weeks ago, we had a night of nonstop booms that also sounded like bombs and it was very greenish tinge to sky when backlit by the flashes of lightning.

Here there are also strange radar anomalies being seen.

Observations + reports of radar rings firing, some also solid discs, often from sources in outlying countryside around cities. In Dallas, these rings are fired from sources south of the city & also up near Wichita Fallas in southwestern Oklahoma. Seeing strange beams shooting out to split storms so that they go around DFW & other big cities.

Also many people have recently been seeing strange "box" cube or rectangle-shaped images appear on radar screens. For example, a big mass of storms is moving east towards the Dallas area from out in western areas, like out around Mineral Wells + Weatherford. As it starts approaching to enter the metroplex on far westside, out by Fort Worth, the storms suddenly form a perfectly straight line "edge" like they have hit a wall. Then they never progress any further forward into the city limits but instead actually go around, following the borders of the invisible box/rectangle shape. This box-rectangle shaped thing that only shows up by watching storm movement around it seems to be some type of secret EM *SHIELD* technology... like a type of a Tesla dome or storm shield being generated by secret or classified technology. And wouldn't such interventions be considered under the category of counterweather defense, artificial weather modification or deflection strategies ... you think?

This phenomena has been demonstrated often lately on radar on local TV channels + also the Weather Channnel as it updates in intervals of every 8 minutes (local radar). These radar images clearly show how the storms get diverted around the DFW metro area. And it also shows how the storm energies are transferred or displaced into much more severe storm cells forming, instead, that are out over the outlying rural areas. The storms & cells almost always follow east-west tracks that lie on both the north & south sides of the metroplex area. These rural tracks follow the outer boundaries of the invisible box/ rectangle. And the observer can actually see this storm movement just by monitoring the radars very closely and listening to the storm spotters from RACES who all ponder why the storms are mysteriously splitting up &/or deviating from their

Last week, around 9pm on Tuesday night, a couple of storms formed along a cold front to the northwest of Dallas. Before this new EM "shield" technology that the box appears to be, the storms would have usually moving southeastwards into the city areas. Instead, they tracked east along the new boundary tracks that the box/rectangle forms along northern border. There was 1 small storm cell going east over northern Collin County, a rural area not far from the urban areas of expensive homes and big business in Frisco + Plano... home of the "Bush Turnpike"... hmmmm. Without much warning, a bizarre tornado suddenly formed with large funnel on the ground, tearing a swath across the countryside. It killed 3 people after completely destroying 26 houses to smithereens. Weird thing was how that storm didn't seem to have much, if any, inflow winds coming into it. And also weird was how there was mysterious heat wave earlier that day with Temp-Humidity Index at 107 F around Dallas region.

2nd Example: About 2 weeks ago, a line of storms formed out in western parts of Texas and then tried coming in eastwards towards Dallas-Fort Worth. This line had 3-4 tornadoes forming in it at same time with numerous warnings for many counties. Suddenly the whole line made about a 60-70 degree right hand turn and went off towards the southwest, just missing the DFW region. Many tornado spotters noticed this and discussed why for and what freak conditions could have caused this to happen when all the data coming in from Norman OK (NWS Severe Storms Forecasting Office) indicated the storms should move directly into the metroplex itself.
------------------------

So, OP, is your area lying outside of a big metropolitan area that might be being protected inside one of these EM box fields as described above? In other words, do you think your terrifying storms of crashing booms and red lightning bolts might have been because storms were being redirected by artificial means to track across your rural region?

Interested to hear from any others that are seeing this or have reports to add...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 89446
Iran
05/15/2006 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
red lightning, not rare it seems:

[link to www.chaseday.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 90048
United States
05/15/2006 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Creepy. We haven't had storms here for awhile, but the last one had freaky thunder, too. Scared the shit outta me! It does make the ground and house shake like an eq.
IGASOP

User ID: 23619
United States
05/15/2006 08:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tell you what...

Here in NJ, last night, I was heading home from the local Home Depot, less than 5 miles west of my final destination.

When I went into Home Depot, clear blue skies and sunny. 20 minutes later, 4 huge chemtrails, parallel to one another and running from North to South.

I got on the road and headed east and watched the weirdest weather pattern I can recall ever seeing. The closest thing I can think of like it would be hail storm moving in. It got darker and darker with heavy cloud cover, but what was peculiar was the way the clouds were moving in in layers. You could distinctly make out several layers of clouds coming in, one after the next.

By the time I got to where I was heading, even looking towards the direction I had just driven and at that time of day (around 6pm) you couldn't even see the Sun setting.

I thought for sure we were going to get some booming thunder last night.

That an much interference this weekend on cable tv, cellular phone dropouts, wi-fi needed resets, you name it. Notice the internet was hit really bad worldwide according to the internet traffic report this past weekend as well.

What the heck is going on???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 82710
United States
05/15/2006 09:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the midwest we have been having torrential storms frequently and I had thought it sounded like giant bowling balls being dropped-and then the hail has happened alot more than average. I called some folks back east and they have been getting flooded and torrential rains there as well

Seems like lots of the country is under storms...

Seems like the storms are much more violent

HAARP is full power and opens up holes when powered up

This can allow dangerous strikes to get through the ionosphere and strike the planet

[link to www.haarp.net]

[link to www.crystalinks.com]

[link to www.viewzone.com]

Dr Eastlund

Raytheon Defense....anarctica base

alaska

GLP