Offer Upgrade

User ID: 43799730
United States
09/27/2013 05:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Gun registry 'scheme' among concerns over UN arms treaty
[link to www.foxnews.com]

The record-keeping section in the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) encourages members to "maintain records of conventional arms covered under Article 2," which include battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, large-caliber artillery systems, warships and small arms and light weapons.

Further, those records should be kept for a minimum of 10 years, the treaty states -- which NRA leader Wayne LaPierre has referred to as "nothing more than gun registration by a different name."

Because the treaty's language is so broad, LaPierre has said that "manufacturers of civilian shotguns would have to comply with the same regulatory process as a manufacturer of military attack helicopters."
RelentlessDespot
Abrasive Fuck

User ID: 19712778
United States
09/27/2013 06:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Gun registry 'scheme' among concerns over UN arms treaty
This is the real fear.
I don't put much stock into the UN just waltzing in and confiscating guns. This stuff never works like that.

Everything is incremental.. The old boiling a frog analogy.

Registration is the first step and then opens the door to all kinds of privacy horrors.

Have kids? Own a gun?
If it's registered you can bet on a visit to ensure "Safety".
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Or something
Exemplar  (OP)

United States
09/27/2013 06:06 AM

Report Abusive Post
This is the real fear.
I don't put much stock into the UN just waltzing in and confiscating guns. This stuff never works like that.

Registration is the first step and then opens the door to all kinds of privacy horrors.

Have kids? Own a gun?
 Quoting: RelentlessDespot

Yep...the Devil is in the details!
bump

Last Edited by Exemplar on 09/27/2013 06:36 AM
RelentlessDespot
Abrasive Fuck

User ID: 19712778
United States
09/27/2013 06:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
The only thing this does is takes the legal gun sales and shifts them to black market.
The gun makers will fight this tooth and nail... and lose, no doubt.
This introduces exponentially more violence into our society.
That can't be the plan?

These fuckers are truly evil
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Or something
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46334479
Canada
09/27/2013 06:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just look at Canada... they registered all the guns (yeah right) and then confiscated many and demonized private firearms ownership and then here we are today... Everyone got so pissed off that Harper can't sign the treaty without throwing his next election out the window.

I'm glad he didn't sign or else there would be no cheap Norinco firearms flooding the market keeping the domestically produced firearms prices in check.

1911 - $350
P226/9 - $350
CZ75 - $350
M14 - $450
M4 - $700
Exemplar  (OP)

United States
09/27/2013 06:36 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the Pin guys!

hfhf
PIR

User ID: 33479868
United States
09/27/2013 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
The UN Small Arms Treaty 2013

Last Edited by PIR on 09/27/2013 07:18 AM
PIR

United States
09/27/2013 07:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
HIGH TREASON-John Kerry Signs Arms Treaty Today 9-25-13

LT Prepper

User ID: 3960254
United States
09/27/2013 07:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Have kids? Own a gun?

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Yeah, with this bunch of lying sacks, it's always "for the children"... And unfortunately, playing this line has gotten them quite a ways.

We need to shut this bullshit down, entirely; pull the weed out by the root, damn it. And I don't want to leave that job for my kids...
PIR

United States
09/27/2013 08:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Epic Beard Guy

User ID: 41632673
United States
09/27/2013 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
The treaty says that all the provisions of the last treaty would be included in this one. We wouldn't ratify that one because it is unconstitutional, so why would we approve this one? King Barry and his butt buddy Kerry don't want this one anyway. They can't resist any gun control plan, but this one is aimed at them. I don't see them ever stopping the gun trade with the terrorists of the middle east.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
MisterHouston

User ID: 12820979
United States
09/27/2013 08:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I ain't registering nothin'!

-
Texans are arrogant Texans; but you would be too if you were correct all the damn time!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10401141
United States
09/27/2013 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.nrastoptheungunban.com]

Automated Petition form. Easy way to get their attention.

User ID: 41309091
United States
09/27/2013 09:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
The treaty says that all the provisions of the last treaty would be included in this one. We wouldn't ratify that one because it is unconstitutional, so why would we approve this one? King Barry and his butt buddy Kerry don't want this one anyway. They can't resist any gun control plan, but this one is aimed at them. I don't see them ever stopping the gun trade with the terrorists of the middle east.
 Quoting: Epic Beard Guy

You may be correct, but there seems to be an underlining aspect that Obama can't get around. He wants this treaty so bad he can taste it, but he knows it will mean the end of his gun running to Al Qaida and the Mexican Cartels since both have been labelled as terrorist or criminal suspects and therefore it become illegal to trade, give, or sell guns to them.

This all becomes moot anyway because the treaty can not be accepted. First the Senate must accept it. Then in order to rewrite the Constitution, it must be passed by the House which it would never do, then it must be passed by a minimum of thirty four states before it can be considered. Since it is very unlikely that it can even get passed the Senate, it is basically dead upon arrival.

Since it is a treaty, it is not something that the President can just issue another Executive Order and place the American people under it's control.
gheylos

User ID: 45101366
United States
09/27/2013 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just look at Canada... they registered all the guns (yeah right) and then confiscated many and demonized private firearms ownership and then here we are today... Everyone got so pissed off that Harper can't sign the treaty without throwing his next election out the window.

I'm glad he didn't sign or else there would be no cheap Norinco firearms flooding the market keeping the domestically produced firearms prices in check.

1911 - $350
P226/9 - $350
CZ75 - $350
M14 - $450
M4 - $700
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 46334479

1911 for 350? bullshit, unless it's a cheapass knockoff.

p226 for 350? bullshit.

cz75 for 350? sounds legit.

m14 for 450? bullshit, maybe a heavily used mini 14.

m4 for 700? you mean ar15.

Last Edited by gheylos on 09/27/2013 09:21 AM
where the hood at
Hard Eight

User ID: 35278639
United States
09/27/2013 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

1911 - $350
P226/9 - $350
CZ75 - $350
M14 - $450
M4 - $700

In N TX the CZ75 goes for $600 now. They were $400 before obongo. Great pistol BTW and a personal fav.
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14410089
United States
09/27/2013 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the real fear.

Have kids? Own a gun?

The visit would end abruptly...
Hard Eight

United States
09/27/2013 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Epic Beard Guy

You may be correct, but there seems to be an underlining aspect that Obama can't get around. He wants this treaty so bad he can taste it, but he knows it will mean the end of his gun running to Al Qaida and the Mexican Cartels since both have been labelled as terrorist or criminal suspects and therefore it become illegal to trade, give, or sell guns to them.

This all becomes moot anyway because the treaty can not be accepted. First the Senate must accept it. Then in order to rewrite the Constitution, it must be passed by the House which it would never do, then it must be passed by a minimum of thirty four states before it can be considered. Since it is very unlikely that it can even get passed the Senate, it is basically dead upon arrival.

Since it is a treaty, it is not something that the President can just issue another Executive Order and place the American people under it's control.
 Quoting: 071676

Barry had already made it "legal" for him to send arms to AQ:

Thread: Obama Waives Ban On Arming Terrorists So He Can Ship Weapons To Syrian Rebels!?!?!

Last Edited by Hard Eight on 09/27/2013 09:41 AM
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

judahbenhuer

User ID: 39815649
United States
09/27/2013 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the real fear.

Have kids? Own a gun?

Agreed...however I am skeptical of the frog analogy. Last evening while me and the family were around a large campfire, and tree frog leaped in front of me several times then, with pure grace and whispering, "Viva La France," jumped right in.

Yeah...I know it has absolutely nothing to do with your post directly...it just stunned me about the frog and your comment reminded me of it. tounge

Yes...registry, because it is all for the CHILDREN!
“My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.”
-Stonewall Jackson

"The Bible that is falling apart usually belongs to a person who is not." - Charles Spurgeon

“I apprehend no danger to our country from a foreign foe . . . Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing. Make them intelligent, and they will be vigilant; give them the means of detecting the wrong, and they will apply the remedy.”

“If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.” -Daniel Webster
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43563396
Canada
09/27/2013 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

1911 - $350
P226/9 - $350
CZ75 - $350
M14 - $450
M4 - $700

p226 for 350? bullshit.

Quoting: gheylos

Price list from my dealer
[link to www.thegundealer.net]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 47201960
United States
09/27/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the real fear.

Have kids? Own a gun?

Agreed...however I am skeptical of the frog analogy. Last evening while me and the family were around a large campfire, and tree frog leaped in front of me several times then, with pure grace and whispering, "Viva La France," jumped right in.

Yeah...I know it has absolutely nothing to do with your post directly...it just stunned me about the frog and your comment reminded me of it. tounge

Yes...registry, because it is all for the CHILDREN!
 Quoting: judahbenhuer

What children? Most regular folks aren't having them anymore. Only the illegal aliens and welfare crowd seem to have uncontrolled pregnancies and births.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/27/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
How does the price of these compare to US Prices?

Hard Eight

United States
09/27/2013 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

1911 - $350
P226/9 - $350
CZ75 - $350
M14 - $450
M4 - $700

p226 for 350? bullshit.

Quoting: Bear Drinker

Picture at the link brought a tear to my eye. That's more inventory than my Cabela's, Bass Pro, Ganders and 5 local gun shops COMBINED!
Truly a thing of beauty!!!
Sam Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46028190
United States
09/27/2013 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.foxnews.com]

The record-keeping section in the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) encourages members to "maintain records of conventional arms covered under Article 2," which include battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, large-caliber artillery systems, warships and small arms and light weapons.

Further, those records should be kept for a minimum of 10 years, the treaty states -- which NRA leader Wayne LaPierre has referred to as "nothing more than gun registration by a different name."

Because the treaty's language is so broad, LaPierre has said that "manufacturers of civilian shotguns would have to comply with the same regulatory process as a manufacturer of military attack helicopters."
 Quoting: Exemplar

HUH? congress made no concession of our 2nd Amendment to the UN....remember the sodomite muslim in our oval office is a FRAUD...he can't sign away ANYTHING IN MY COUNTRY...HE IS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT...ANYTHING HE SIGNS...IS TOLEIT PAPER...VOID, TRASH....UNENFORCEABLE! :)
Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/27/2013 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

1911 - $350
P226/9 - $350
CZ75 - $350
M14 - $450
M4 - $700

p226 for 350? bullshit.

Picture at the link brought a tear to my eye. That's more inventory than my Cabela's, Bass Pro, Ganders and 5 local gun shops COMBINED!
Truly a thing of beauty!!!
 Quoting: Hard Eight

Someone tried to bitch slap me yesterday that Canada does not have these kinds of guns for sale. I couldn't have been bothered trying to de-moranize him.

The only bad thing about it is that the RCMP station is across the street.
Hard Eight

United States
09/27/2013 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

I bought this for $100 LESS last year:

CZ 75 P07 DUTY DOUBLE ACTION HANDGUN, BLACK POLYMER FRAME WITH RAIL, STEEL TOP SLIDE WITH WHITE BLOCK SIGHTS, OVER SIZED TRIGGER GUARD, DETACHABLE MAGAZINE (2), CZ HARD CASE. 9MM $649.99
Sam Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous Coward
Canada
09/27/2013 10:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

CZ 75 P07 DUTY DOUBLE ACTION HANDGUN, BLACK POLYMER FRAME WITH RAIL, STEEL TOP SLIDE WITH WHITE BLOCK SIGHTS, OVER SIZED TRIGGER GUARD, DETACHABLE MAGAZINE (2), CZ HARD CASE. 9MM $649.99

Before of after the Obama-caused buying frenzy?
Hard Eight

United States
09/27/2013 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Before of after the Obama-caused buying frenzy?

Before. May before the Nov. tragedy.
Sam Houston

Thomas Jefferson

ITZCOMING

User ID: 12781064
United States
09/27/2013 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think to celebrate Kerry's signing that piece of NWO garbage, I'll go to the gun show tomorrow and buy another gun and some ammo. I need to diversify a bit. Maybe a nice mini-14. And some ammo for my dads M-1 carbine. And maybe a nice after market stock for my pre-norinco SKS.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27455874
United States
09/27/2013 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: The Truth about the October EVENT!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 47511867
United Kingdom
09/27/2013 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
you need to campaign to get that sack of shit UN out of your country.

GLP