Brillian Politics on Obama's part

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 47079541
United States
10/14/2013 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Brillian Politics on Obama's part
Context: I work in social services and I'll be furloughed by the end of the month when our funds run out (unless the shutdown ends). I work with people who have economic means at or below the federal poverty line. Obviously many of them are Obama sycophants, and others are clearly not. Yet I have noticed something about myself and these fellow clients on this federal shutdown.

To preface, I don't care for the man. I didn't vote for him either time, and I begrudgingly voted for the republican candidate even though I am a "non-party" registered voter. I prefer to make my own decisions rather than go along with party talking points.

Seeing a few programs hit the dirt (specifically WIC in my line of work), I am beginning to hear these families I visit say that it is time for "Obama to do something!" Funny thing is, some of these people are not fans of his, they jsut want their entitlement programs back. And yet, here I am getting to the end of my employment, and I find myself saying similar sound bites; time for the man to do something. And it dawns on me; he's playing to his favor here.

I myself think - as well as several others here - like the Republicans played into Obama's hand with this government shutdown. It isn't that he cares whether his polls are up - polls vary from season to season - but he is concerned with more power. It looks to me that Obama wanted the government to shut down. Honestly, why else would he not give a damn about negotiating? He doesn't have to! Eventually (and as we're already seeing), the people will revolt against Congress and will applaud when Obama takes over and restarts government. And the longer he draws it out, and more people suffer from the government shutdown, the more people will look to him to fix it all.

How cool would that look to the people? This largely dysfunctional body politic is kicked to the curb, and suddenly the WIC program is back up, people stay employed, the EBT "glitches" are gone, debt ceiling raised indefinitely and things are back to normal. And who gets all the credit? The Messiah Obama; because Congress shut "us" down, not him. It's just too good to pass up. The media will lap it up and laud his decision and everyone will be happy that that mess of politics is done for.

If he keeps rejecting what Congress offers, then I believe this will be one brilliant set-up to his favor. Sure, it'll all end badly, but still, just for him to be the hero - the champion of humanity - wouldn't that be something? Winning hearts all over the country!

Just you wait. Obama the hero. Saving our way of life from those nin-com-poops on Capitol Hill. National Hero Obama. Vote to put his face on Rushmore now!

On the other hand, if it never starts up again, then I surmise that it is his fault, and I bet many others will too, since he refuses to negotiate...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6310031
Germany
10/14/2013 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Brillian Politics on Obama's part
Never has someone written so much with so little to say.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6310031

Don't generalize when you know so little.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6310031
Germany
10/14/2013 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 47079541

I have more knowledge in my little finger, than you possess in your whole head.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48295278
United Kingdom
10/14/2013 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Brillian title dude
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/14/2013 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 47079541

I have more knowledge in my little finger, than you possess in your whole head.

Presumptuous and pompous. Go back to the docks, sailors are waiting in line again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45591163
United States
10/14/2013 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
What ever happened to the community taking care of their own, like in "Little House on the Prairie"? Or, is that history just a load of bull too?

Yeah, really, "civilization" is a total lie.

It's like Riddick said in his latest movie:

Riddick: Somewhere along the way I lost a step, got sloppy, dulled my own edge. Maybe I went and did the worst crime of all: I got civilized.

We are animals in the end.

No perks, no hand outs, no assistance.

We've been this way before and are on the cusp of it again.

That's just how the nature god dances.

GLP