abeliever
Members

User ID: 46293405
United States
10/15/2013 12:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
"Obama Shutdown Of Catholic Mass Sparks Reaction"
In what has been described as “an astonishing attack on religious freedom,” Catholics at a Navy base were banned from attending worship services because of the partial shutdown of the federal government.

In response, the Thomas More Law Center announced it has filed a lawsuit over the orders at Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base in Georgia.

The legal team said a Catholic priest who serves the community on the military base “has been prohibited from even volunteering to celebrate Holy Mass without pay and was told that if he violated that order, he could be subject to arrest.”

Without explanation, however, Protestant services continued.

“This is an astonishing attack on religious freedom by the federal government and the latest affront toward the military since the beginning of the shutdown,” said a report by the Thomas More Law Center.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Washington on behalf of Father Ray Leonard, a Catholic priest contracted to serve as base chaplain, and Fred Naylor, one of Leonard’s parishioners and a retired veteran with more than 22 years of service.

Leonard, a civilian serving on a contract basis, had served Tibetan populations in China for years.

“I was disallowed from performing public religious services due to the lack of religious freedom in China,” he said in an affidavit. “I never imagined that when I returned home to the United States, that I would be forbidden from practicing my religious beliefs as I am called to do and would be forbidden from helping and serving my faith community.”

... more at link

Read more at [link to mobile.wnd.com]

Last Edited by LJS on 10/15/2013 10:59 AM
Rev Woo-Woo

User ID: 37891955
United States
10/15/2013 12:56 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: "Obama Shutdown Of Catholic Mass Sparks Reaction"
wtf

I may think the Vatican is pure evil but dammit! I support Catholic believers right to religious freedom. Obunhole has gone waaaaay too far this time.
“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”
Thich Nhat Hanh, Being Peace

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you." - Job 12:7,8

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

revstargazer (at) hotmail.com
Rev Woo-Woo

United States
10/15/2013 12:59 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm not even a Christian but this is so disturbing it deserves a pin.
“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”

abeliever  (OP)
Members

United States
10/15/2013 01:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
wtf

I may think the Vatican is pure evil but dammit! I support Catholic believers right to religious freedom. Obunhole has gone waaaaay too far this time.
 Quoting: Rev Woo-Woo

I agree. It doesn't matter what religion it was. It was stopped and yet another was allowed to continue to hold its service.
abeliever  (OP)
Members

United States
10/15/2013 01:05 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the pin and 5*s!

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 47240217
United States
10/15/2013 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
In what has been described as “an astonishing attack on religious freedom,” Catholics at a Navy base were banned from attending worship services because of the partial shutdown of the federal government.

In response, the Thomas More Law Center announced it has filed a lawsuit over the orders at Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base in Georgia.

The legal team said a Catholic priest who serves the community on the military base “has been prohibited from even volunteering to celebrate Holy Mass without pay and was told that if he violated that order, he could be subject to arrest.”

Without explanation, however, Protestant services continued.

“This is an astonishing attack on religious freedom by the federal government and the latest affront toward the military since the beginning of the shutdown,” said a report by the Thomas More Law Center.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Washington on behalf of Father Ray Leonard, a Catholic priest contracted to serve as base chaplain, and Fred Naylor, one of Leonard’s parishioners and a retired veteran with more than 22 years of service.

Leonard, a civilian serving on a contract basis, had served Tibetan populations in China for years.

“I was disallowed from performing public religious services due to the lack of religious freedom in China,” he said in an affidavit. “I never imagined that when I returned home to the United States, that I would be forbidden from practicing my religious beliefs as I am called to do and would be forbidden from helping and serving my faith community.”

Ten days ago, Leonard was ordered to stop performing all of his duties as the base’s Catholic chaplain, even as a volunteer. He was also told that he could be arrested if he violated the order. The approximately 300 Catholic families, including Naylor’s, served by Leonard at Kings Bay have been unable to attend Mass on base since the beginning of the shutdown, the legal team said.

“Additionally, Fr. Leonard was locked out of his on-base office and the chapel. Fr. Leonard was also denied access to the Holy Eucharist and other articles of his Catholic faith. The order has caused the cancellation of daily and weekend Mass, confession, marriage preparation classes and baptisms as well as prevented Fr. Leonard from providing the spiritual guidance he was called by his faith to provide.”

The legal team said the submarine base is in a remote location. It consists of roughly 16,000 acres, with 4,000 acres comprised of protected wetlands. There are approximately 10,000 total people on the base.

While there is a Catholic church located in St. Mary’s, some 16 miles away, “many of the parishioners both live and work on base and do not own a car and cannot otherwise access transportation,” the report said.

Defendants in the lawsuit are the Department of Defense, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, the Department of the Navy and the Secretary of the Department of the Navy, Ray Mabus.

For active duty service members, on-base religious services are very important due to limited transportation and minimal time off. Additionally, as service members tend to have high rates of divorce, depression and suicide, the need for readily available spiritual encouragement and guidance is critical, the legal team explained.

The Pay Our Military Act, which was enacted before the beginning of the government shutdown, provides funding for employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale and well-being of the military. The government has been criticized for interpreting the act to not include military death benefits. Now, the Thomas More Center said, in yet another bizarre interpretation of the act, some chaplains are not considered covered by these provisions, leaving Catholic members of some military facilities without spiritual guidance.

Read more at [link to mobile.wnd.com]
 Quoting: abeliever

What the heck is going on?? This is so very wrong!!!
LADY ENIGMA

User ID: 3044735
United States
10/15/2013 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a Christian and this also disturbs me.

Great catch, Op!

churchlady
ENIGMA
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43149052
United States
10/15/2013 02:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Our government is being run by souless, godless people who have no moral compass and, thus, do not even know when they are committing some heinous act that is condemnable by all society.

Loss of any religious liberty is an attack on the core of American freedom.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45546122
United States
10/15/2013 02:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sue the pants off of the government!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 47013645
United States
10/15/2013 02:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
A while back I had a discussion with someone about "a woman's right to choose". I maintained that this meant the right to also choose life, they maintained this only applied to abortion. No matter how I tried I could not get this little nuance across to them.

It's the same with freedom of religion. Freedom of religion allows you to practice a faith or not practice one, whatever you choose. Some still don't get this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48323514
United States
10/15/2013 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, the Catholic church has killed many Christians before. Perhaps they'll remind him of that.
Em18966

User ID: 46357440
United States
10/15/2013 02:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don't you people get it?

They are trying to FORCE a revolution.

They are stepping on toes on every side so everyone is up in arms and ready to throw down.

They know their weapons beat our numbers any day of the week.

They want us to rise up for a culling.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40565474
United States
10/15/2013 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
A while back I had a discussion with someone about "a woman's right to choose". I maintained that this meant the right to also choose life, they maintained this only applied to abortion. No matter how I tried I could not get this little nuance across to them.

It's the same with freedom of religion. Freedom of religion allows you to practice a faith or not practice one, whatever you choose. Some still don't get this.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 47013645

That's also what the first amendment says regarding religion. Without looking it up it's roughly, "Congress shall pass no law respecting the establishment of religion nor prevent the free exercise thereof"
viejasombra

User ID: 48388093
Argentina
10/15/2013 03:00 AM

Report Abusive Post
i'm an agnostic and what is this nonsense?
how can you arrest a preist for just doing his work, is like besides many other things, every level of your goverment has being buyed by the penal lobby
Rev Woo-Woo

United States
10/15/2013 03:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
how can you arrest a preist for just doing his work, is like besides many other things, every level of your goverment has being buyed by the penal lobby
 Quoting: viejasombra

You know things are really fucked up when even us nonchrjstians are supporting the Catholics

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2246754
United States
10/15/2013 03:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

You know things are really fucked up when even us nonchrjstians are supporting the Catholics

hesright
AtsuiPanda

User ID: 47402838
United States
10/15/2013 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

yeah..
:/sdfhasdfshasd/:
Those who live by the sword die by the sword, those who don't live by the sword are subject to those who do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48155493
Ireland
10/15/2013 04:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Barack Obama is of the Devil.

Roman Catholic Mass is of the Devil.

One Devil cancelling the operations of another Devil.

Dosen't it mention in Revelation where the Antichrist turns on the Harlot?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11273531
United States
10/15/2013 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, the Catholic church has killed many Christians before. Perhaps they'll remind him of that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 48323514

you're one stupid idiot.

keep supporting the government... they're a buncha of facists you stupid ass moron
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48390605
Ireland
10/15/2013 04:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
On the thread about the vets' march on the White House, I had a muslim saying why are you making a big deal of it, and comparing it to how dreadful it'd be if they shut down a mosque. But they wouldn't shut down a mosque would they, only a Christian place of worship, because we know who counts and who doesn't in Barry's new world order.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28130893
Guam
10/15/2013 05:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
What about

"The Church of LDS"?

The military on Lackland won't even display the real name of the church - what a farce, yet totally tolerated!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48058832
United States
10/15/2013 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post

Roman Catholic Mass is of the Devil

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 48155493

Correction Ireland friend,

The "Devil" mimics the Holy Mass with his Black Masses.

Satanists steal consecrated hosts to desecrate. You see,
the Holy Mass saves the world. Alleluia!! The evil one believes and knows who the true faith is...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21681843
United States
10/15/2013 05:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Guys please tell me you see this for what it is
Demand impeachment now
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20344047
Spain
10/15/2013 05:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
writing is on the wall with this one I think

Been saying this for a while
Anonymous Coward
Spain
10/15/2013 05:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Roman Catholic Mass is of the Devil

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 48155493

Correction Ireland friend,

The "Devil" mimics the Holy Mass with his Black Masses.

Satanists steal consecrated hosts to desecrate. You see,
the Holy Mass saves the world. Alleluia!! The evil one believes and knows who the true faith is...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 48058832

excellent point
Anonymous Coward
Spain
10/15/2013 05:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
now lets step back and THINK

why is the protestant service allegedly allowed and permitted

and the Catholic one NOT

huh?

capisc?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48058832
United States
10/15/2013 06:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
This list makes one ill, you want to throw up and it is not complete. I'll add one, BHO rescinded Bush's executive order rejecting funding abortion overseas.

Every day BHO does something evil, something against God. We can say a prayer for his impeachment and for his soul.

+ + +

Obama Administration Threatens Unborn Life
By Jeanne Monahan

Prior to his election President Obama had established a record that some critics called the "most pro-abortion" of any candidate or President[1]. Since taking office his record has lent support to this distinction. Here are a few examples:

Mexico City Policy: January 23, 2009
- In one of his first executive actions, President Obama lifted the ban on U.S. funding for international health groups that perform abortions, promote legalizing the procedure, or provide counseling about terminating pregnancies.[2]

Embryonic Stem Cell Announcement:
March 9, 2009 - President Obama signed an Executive Order to lift restrictions on human embryonic stem cell experimentation.[3]

Conscience Rule: March 10, 2009
- Obama administration published its proposal to rescind and eliminate the conscience-protecting regulations passed by the Bush administration in January 2009.[4]

Plan B access expanded to 17 year-olds:
April 22, 2009 - FDA accepted rather than appealed a federal judge's order that lifted Bush administration restrictions limiting over-the-counter sales of "Plan B" to women 18 and older. One of "Plan B's" way of acting is to prevent implantation of a newly conceived embryo, i.e., "Plan B" can kill unborn children.[5]

NIH unveils new human embryonic stem cell experimentation funding guidelines: July 7, 2009
- The new Guidelines provide an incentive for continued destruction of human embryos, to provide new hESC lines for federal taxpayer funding.[6]

Abortion/Reproductive Rights language changes in international meetings
: March, 2009 - Overall international organization language changes, in particular on definition of reproductive rights and reproductive health. Began to be evident at the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) in March, 2009 and continued through until present.[7]

President's Budget eliminates abstinence education funding
: May, 2009 - President Obama eliminates Community-Based Abstinence Education funding from his budget, replaced by a variety of comprehensive sexuality education programs. At present, he never includes in his annual budget funding for abstinence education, creating a ratio of 24:1 for government funding of comprehensive sex education to abstinence education (a small amount was reinstituted by Congress).[8]

D.C. abortion funding: December 17, 2009
- For the first time in 13 years, funding for abortions is restored in the District of Columbia. President Obama makes this happen by signing Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010 into law.[9]

Plan B in Military Hospitals: Feb 8, 2010
- The Obama administration issued a new order for the U.S. military requiring all military hospitals and health centers to stock the morning after pill which can kill unborn children by preventing implantation.[10]

NIH proposes further broadening the definition of "embryonic stem cell"
: February 19, 2010 - The National Institutes of Health proposed to allow federal taxpayer funding of more human embryonic stem cell lines, providing incentive for further destruction of human embryos.[11]

Healthcare law: March 23, 2010
- President Obama signs "Obamacare" into law.[12] He also signs an Executive Order (EO) said to ban taxpayer funding of abortion.[13] In fact, an Executive Order cannot circumvent the text of legislation; the Obama health care plan allows for taxpayer funding of abortion. Later, in a media interview, Rahm Emmanuel, Mr. Obama's former Chief of Staff, admitted that the EO did nothing to prevent abortion in Obamacare.[14]

FDA panel approval of Ella
: June 17, 2010 - FDA panel approves the use of Ella, labeled as an Emergency Contraceptive, but which is identical in chemical and operational modes to the abortion drug, RU-486.[15]

Obama Administration approves Ella
: August 13, 2010 - Late on a Friday evening in August, in a move designed to avoid press attention, the Obama administration announces approval of Ella. The drug is labeled as an emergency contraceptive, but it can kill the unborn by preventing implantation as well as destroying a baby post-implantation.[16]

Obama Administration weakens conscience protection
: February 18, 2011 - The Obama Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) releases revised conscience protections for healthcare workers which significantly weaken protections of conscience for pro-life workers.[17]

President Obama refuses to cut taxpayer funding to abortion-giant Planned Parenthood
: April 11, 2011 - The President is willing to decrease family planning money but he will not budge on Planned Parenthood funding, even if it means he must shut down the government.[18]

Obama Administration issues "Women's Preventive Services" rule (part of Obamacare) which includes abortion drugs
: August 1, 2011 - The administration includes ella, Plan B, intra-uterine devices (IUDs), and "the full range of FDA-approved contraceptives" in the list of items that all insurance companies must cover. They issue a very narrowly defined religious exemption, which will essentially only apply for churches.[19]

HHS denies United States Catholic Conference of Bishops (USCCB) anti-trafficking grant because they will not refer for abortion
: Septmeber, 2011 - HHS gives a competitive grant to programs that scored lower than the USCCB because this group would not refer for abortions.[20]

Obama administration bypasses New Hampshire's de-funding of abortion giant Planned Parenthood
: June, 2011 - New Hampshire voted to de-fund abortion giant Planned Parenthood. In October the Obama administration bypassed this decision by directly awarding a $1 million grant to Planned Parenthood. The state filed a formal protest with HHS.[21]

Obama administration denies Medicaid funding to Texas because the state defunded abortion giant Planned Parenthood
: March, 2012 - HHS announces it would not be re-issuing its family planning extension waiver for the Texas Women's Health Program (part of Medicaid) because the state de-funded Planned Parenthood.[22]

Obamacare forces insurance agencies to include drugs that cause abortion
: January 20, 2012 - Obama administration solidifies August 1 ruling. Still included are drugs that can cause abortion. And the ruling still provides only the narrowest of religious exemptions.[23]

Obama "compromise"
February 10, 2012 - After a national outcry from protesters across the political spectrum, the president announces his "compromise" on the women's preventive services. In truth, he changes nothing in the actual regulation. In March HHS issues another rule requesting feedback on how to facilitate compromise.[24]

Obamacare regulation issued that forces people to pay for abortion:
March 16, 2012 - In its regulation on abortion exchanges, the Obama administration issues a rule where insurance plans that cover abortion will include an abortion surcharge and a secrecy clause. [25]

President Obama appears in Planned Parenthood promotional video from the White House
: March 29, 2012. In a video message recorded for Planned Parenthood's Action Fund, the president promotes the organization. Last year, PPFA was responsible for the abortion of 340,000 unborn children. He does this in the White House, in the Red Room.[26]

Personnel is Policy: January 2009-present
- The president strategically placed abortion activists throughout his administration. Examples include naming the stridently pro-abortion Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as Sec. of Health[27] and Human Services and Senator Hillary Clinton as Sec. of State.[28] Less well-known players include Ellen Moran,[29] former director of Emily's List, as the White House Communications Director, and Tina Tchen, former director for NOW, to lead his Women's Council.[30] Most recently, in April 2012 the Obama Health and Human Services (HHS) hired former Planned Parenthood spokesperson, Tait Sye, as the Asst. Secretary for Public Affairs for HHS. [31]*

Judicial Nominations: January 2009-present- President Obama has nominated many ardent pro-abortion judges to the circuit courts
. One of these, Andrew Hurwitz,[32] boasts of having drafted the infamous Roe v. Wade ruling. He named Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. She urged President Clinton to veto the ban on the Partial Birth Abortion. [33]*
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45583799
United States
10/15/2013 06:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
"When the daily sacrifice is taken away" see Daniel 12 for the result.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32245823
United States
10/15/2013 06:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
SW Fla Pirate

User ID: 47510914
United States
10/15/2013 06:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma bad karma

Last Edited by SW Fla Pirate on 10/15/2013 06:40 AM
Lazurus

User ID: 24871474
United States
10/15/2013 06:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
wtf

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GLP