Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,892 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,120,611
Pageviews Today: 2,050,787Threads Today: 713Posts Today: 15,325
07:44 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

ISON bringing FIREBALLS to the EARTH!! - Several LARGE sightings this week! - SPECTACULAR electrical discharge event in CANADA!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 43595902
United States
11/03/2013 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: ISON bringing FIREBALLS to the EARTH!! - Several LARGE sightings this week! - SPECTACULAR electrical discharge event in CANADA!!!
This is very much worth watching!

Is this event a precursor of what's to come?

I've never seen anything like that outside a lab!!

bump
 Quoting: More questions than answers!

I saw that video last night and both my family and myself agree that it was probably a Transformer that blow up...and more then likely was caused by some kind of animal (Like a Squirrel). Animals will seek out places that are warm during the winter season...there are several stories about "Electric Cars" having their wires chewed on due to squirrels burrowing their way inside to get close to the warm batteries of the "Electric Cars"
More questions than answers!  (OP)

User ID: 49352592
United Kingdom
11/03/2013 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: ISON bringing FIREBALLS to the EARTH!! - Several LARGE sightings this week! - SPECTACULAR electrical discharge event in CANADA!!!

bump

I saw that video last night and both my family and myself agree that it was probably a Transformer that blow up...and more then likely was caused by some kind of animal (Like a Squirrel). Animals will seek out places that are warm during the winter season...there are several stories about "Electric Cars" having their wires chewed on due to squirrels burrowing their way inside to get close to the warm batteries of the "Electric Cars"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 43595902

Oh, I could well believe a squirrel could be involved, but I didn't realise just how high the voltage is in urban transmission lines?!

The magnetic field created by such voltages must be quite extensive, I hope you people don't live to close to them?

We avoid living near pylons in the UK for this very reason, RADIATION that is!
Observe everything, trust no one and always follow the money!

Don't look over there, look over here! I've a PhD and a telescope trust me!

Thread: Something STRANGE is OUT THERE beyond Jupiter - NASA is hiding SOMETHING? - And it may explain EVERYTHING!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34466425
United States
11/03/2013 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

bump

This was actually due to a wind storm that went through Ontario and Quebec
area the end of last week. There where lots of power outages due to fallen tree
limbs on power lines right across the east coast of Canada.
A direct short on one of those hot lines would then cause the other to arc towards
the new ground potential of that line. Sorry to kill your DOOM.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49207205

I've been working in the electrical industry since forever, do you know how much current would be needed to create an arc that wide?

A lot!

Actually I am surprised that you do not know more if you really worked in the
the electrical industry. High voltage will cause arcing like this just take a look
on YT for electrical power wires arcing and you can see many video like this,
nothing new or ISON created but in your head!

Video or 3 phase switching point with bad connection.
[link to www.youtube.com]

500kv disconnect

DUDE! both the videos you provided ARE NOTHING like the Canada video that show a ball of fire SLOWLY moving down a line. THIS IS NOT NORMAL and your videos don't ever come close to replication the Canada vid.

FAIL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49207205
Canada
11/04/2013 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

This was actually due to a wind storm that went through Ontario and Quebec
area the end of last week. There where lots of power outages due to fallen tree
limbs on power lines right across the east coast of Canada.
A direct short on one of those hot lines would then cause the other to arc towards
the new ground potential of that line. Sorry to kill your DOOM.

I've been working in the electrical industry since forever, do you know how much current would be needed to create an arc that wide?

A lot!

Actually I am surprised that you do not know more if you really worked in the
the electrical industry. High voltage will cause arcing like this just take a look
on YT for electrical power wires arcing and you can see many video like this,
nothing new or ISON created but in your head!

Video or 3 phase switching point with bad connection.

500kv disconnect

DUDE! both the videos you provided ARE NOTHING like the Canada video that show a ball of fire SLOWLY moving down a line. THIS IS NOT NORMAL and your videos don't ever come close to replication the Canada vid.

FAIL
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 34466425

Dude, go back a try reading again, I said "High voltage will cause arcing like this"
No kidding they do not look anything like the Canadian event as they are not a
direct and uncontrolled
short to ground they where videos of power switches being opened. But they did
show arc potential and with UK having power line with 7,200 or 14,400 volts
before the step down transformers there is lots of potential arc power available.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49207205
Canada
11/04/2013 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
7,200 or 14,400 volts before the step down transformers is power line voltages
in OP's area.
Jude
User ID: 2720393
United States
01/21/2014 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sung to the tune of "This land is your land"
From the California Wild-Fires,
To the Omaha ex plo-sion,
ISON's fireballs are striking near you and me!
With apologies to the victims of these tragedies. If our government knows of a threat to the citizens, each employee of the government has a duty to make the information public, and those government employees who knowingly withhold information which could affect the safety of the citizens should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Thank you Edward Snowden for exposing some of the secret programs of spying on the civilian population. It is my hope that one day Mr. Snowden can come home to the hero's welcome that he deserves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36813139
United States
01/21/2014 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Correlation does not imply causation.
[link to www.google.com (secure)]

GLP