Freaky Walking Dead Commercial

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2427154
United States
12/01/2013 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Freaky Walking Dead Commercial
Did anybody see that commercial during the walking dead where it showed rats and people screaming, then the screen goes black and very quickly in very small letters it said "he is here". The only way you could see it is if you pause the tv and go forward in slo-mo. There was nothing being advertised so I found this very strange. I tried to go back and get the video on my phone after the show but my DVR only went back an hour so I didn't go back in time. Anyone else see it or have any input?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45081800
United States
12/01/2013 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Freaky Walking Dead Commercial
apparent the commercial is doing its job
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48133221
United States
12/01/2013 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Didn't see that but I thought tonights episode was freaking awesome.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Seriously did anyone see this? Out of the three people watching it in our house I was the only one to catch it then when I went back they were like wtf??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 48420715
United States
12/01/2013 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 48133221

I'm so sad.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Okay I got it gimme 2 minutes to upload it
Paggs

User ID: 41770098
United States
12/01/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yea they really picked it up!... I almost shed a tear tho :-(.

One thing about this show is they always surprise you, when you think it cant get any worst for them, it almost always does!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37582144
United States
12/01/2013 10:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saw it as well and have no idea, must be some sort of cloverfield movie like ad campaign?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saw it as well and have no idea, must be some sort of cloverfield movie like ad campaign?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37582144

Glad someone else saw it. Was starting to feel like I was the only one! I'm working on uploading it now so others can see. The "he is here flashes by so fast so I don't know if most will catch it in my video
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42804537
Switzerland
12/01/2013 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 37582144

Glad someone else saw it. Was starting to feel like I was the only one! I'm working on uploading it now so others can see. The "he is here flashes by so fast so I don't know if most will catch it in my video
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2427154

Make sure to post the exact time when it comes into view.
hf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry guys I'm doing this from my phone so it's taking forever!! Almost there!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 42804537
Switzerland
12/01/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to youtu.be]
Christ's Betrothed

User ID: 42100368
United States
12/01/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
GotMyAttention
Took me a long time to realize it, but He was all I ever really needed...
That Commercial
User ID: 1903017
United States
12/01/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saw it as well. I assumed that it correlated to the cause of the outbreak. I didn't see the lettering but I really hope this gets some traction. Can someone upload it?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
You can see "he is here" at 25 seconds into the commercial
That commercial
User ID: 1903017
United States
12/01/2013 11:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Saw it that time. When it ran on my provider it was followed by and amc bit with Rick strutting into Atlanta on the horse. But I can see that it wasnt the same for everyone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50910578
United States
12/01/2013 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes...we saw it. We were able to go back and it def said "he is here" ....can't find anything online about it...I would say it's an ad for a new movie, or something coming soon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50910481
United States
12/01/2013 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am thinking this is some sort of teaser trailer for the miniseries of " The Strain" trilogy... It's in production right now, based on a trilogy of novels written by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. It's a vampire based series that takes place in NYC and the vampires initially over run the sewers and subways to move in sunlight, which drives the rats to the surface.... And there is a lot of " he is here" vandalism in the city referring to the vampire master... This is only a guess though!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50911648
United States
12/01/2013 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saw it too. Very weird, like a subliminal message, "he is here."
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
12/01/2013 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Still no confirmation on what this commercial is for? This is strange...especially because of the fact that you can't tell what it says when you watch it unless you pause it and play in slo-mo. Thank you DVR
Anon
User ID: 50915577
United States
12/02/2013 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe Godzilla?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50912304
United States
12/02/2013 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Still no confirmation on what this commercial is for? This is strange...especially because of the fact that you can't tell what it says when you watch it unless you pause it and play in slo-mo. Thank you DVR

It's definitely "The Strain". "He is here" is a catch phrase in the novels. Here's a snippet from a book reviewer:

###############
It begins with an airplane landing in JFK International Airport. No one departs the plane. No one calls for help. The plane is dead on the tarmac and teams are sent in to investigate when everyone is found dead on the Boeing 777. Dr. Ephraim Goodweather from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) along with his investigative team is sent in to try to figure out what "virus" killed everyone on the plane, but what they don't realize is that once the plane is opened it becomes a Pandora’s Box that will forever change humanity.

Then the storyline switches to a little boy named Abraham Setrakian in Poland who is not eating the soup. His grandmother encourages him to eat by telling him the story of a young man who was the son of a Polish nobleman. The son of the nobleman, Jusef Sardu, was known for his kindness.Unfortunately, he suffered from the condition of gigantism and his bones were very weak. Jusef's father and his whole hunting party disappeared while hunting wolves and even though he was weak from his disease, the son tried to find his father. On his search he encountered a cave around which were scattered the bodies of his dead father, counsins, and uncles. Josef buried each member of his family and then entered the cave to fight his father's killer. Villagers of that small town insist that the nobleman’s son survived and returned to the house eleven weeks after the incident in a curtained carriage. He is never seen lurking in the shadows, but children begin to disappear.

The reader quickly becomes aware that the little boy, Abraham Setrakian, is now an elderly man living alone in New York city and that his grandmother's "stories" actually occurred. The monster in the little village in Poland has a relationship to the Boeing 777 sitting at JFK International Airport. When Abraham sees the news report of the plane on television, he realizes that the horrors from his past have come back to haunt him.

"Any relief he had felt initially -- at not having been outlived by this horror; at getting one last-minute chance at vengeance--was replaced immediately by sharp, painlike fear. The words left his mouth on a gust of steam.

He is here . . . He is here . . ."
###############
hangdog4141
User ID: 50917350
United States
12/02/2013 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yep, it's The Strain. I'd forgotten about it and when I saw the "he is here" thing, I though they might be remaking "Willard", a campy B- or C-Level horror movie about a troubled young man and his dark relationship to rats.

But. no. It's The Strain for sure. Pretty good books, definitely worth reading.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41155065
United States
12/02/2013 01:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saw it too!!

My first thought was that it was a marketing scheme for some new series. Pretty good one too lol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50918207
United States
12/02/2013 01:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
saw it too and used dvr to rewind and read the near subliminal msg. pretty good job, with no actual ad for anything.
K
User ID: 48851963
United States
12/02/2013 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Someone needs to clarify this like I need a commercial or something to tell me, cause I'm thinkin the world will end

[link to youtu.be]

hiding
Bluebird

User ID: 44887449
United States
12/02/2013 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's definitely "The Strain". "He is here" is a catch phrase in the novels. Here's a snippet from a book reviewer:

###############
It begins with an airplane landing in JFK International Airport. No one departs the plane. No one calls for help. The plane is dead on the tarmac and teams are sent in to investigate when everyone is found dead on the Boeing 777. Dr. Ephraim Goodweather from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) along with his investigative team is sent in to try to figure out what "virus" killed everyone on the plane, but what they don't realize is that once the plane is opened it becomes a Pandora’s Box that will forever change humanity.

Then the storyline switches to a little boy named Abraham Setrakian in Poland who is not eating the soup. His grandmother encourages him to eat by telling him the story of a young man who was the son of a Polish nobleman. The son of the nobleman, Jusef Sardu, was known for his kindness.Unfortunately, he suffered from the condition of gigantism and his bones were very weak. Jusef's father and his whole hunting party disappeared while hunting wolves and even though he was weak from his disease, the son tried to find his father. On his search he encountered a cave around which were scattered the bodies of his dead father, counsins, and uncles. Josef buried each member of his family and then entered the cave to fight his father's killer. Villagers of that small town insist that the nobleman’s son survived and returned to the house eleven weeks after the incident in a curtained carriage. He is never seen lurking in the shadows, but children begin to disappear.

The reader quickly becomes aware that the little boy, Abraham Setrakian, is now an elderly man living alone in New York city and that his grandmother's "stories" actually occurred. The monster in the little village in Poland has a relationship to the Boeing 777 sitting at JFK International Airport. When Abraham sees the news report of the plane on television, he realizes that the horrors from his past have come back to haunt him.

"Any relief he had felt initially -- at not having been outlived by this horror; at getting one last-minute chance at vengeance--was replaced immediately by sharp, painlike fear. The words left his mouth on a gust of steam.

He is here . . . He is here . . ."
###############
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 50912304

Wow, sounds promising.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1551413
United States
12/02/2013 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

By awesome you mean Incentive drama scenes Fade away shots of action scenes that we dont see happen but are made to think they did off camera...33 minutes of stupid conversations that could have ended within 4 minutes.

Awesome shit.

I gave the show a chance and its popularity Really shows how easy it is to create a Shitty franchise people Fall in love with by giving them incentives.

I think even the producers hate the show and are baffles people watch it. The budget the show got Verify that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50889427
Australia
12/02/2013 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Someone needs to clarify this like I need a commercial or something to tell me, cause I'm thinkin the world will end

[link to youtu.be]

hiding
 Quoting: K 48851963

The Pied Piper is about to take the rats away
K
User ID: 48851963
United States
12/02/2013 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can see "he is here" at 25 seconds into the commercial

This is the only advertisement in that video that I can trace, NOTHING WILL SHOW UP. We need conformation

bsflag

GLP