Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59631556
United States
06/25/2014 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Is Wicca evil?
Question: "What is Wicca? Is Wicca witchcraft?"

Answer: Wicca is a neo-pagan religion that has been growing in popularity and acceptance in the United States and Europe. There are many websites and books claiming to teach “real” Wicca, but the truth is, there is no consensus among Wiccans as to what the religion is all about. The reason for this is that Wicca, as it is practiced now, is only about 50 years old. Wicca is a belief system that Briton Gerald Gardner cobbled together in the 1940s and 1950s from a variety of religious traditions and beliefs as well as Freemason rituals. Since Gardner published several books espousing his system of worship, many offshoots and variations of Wicca have sprung up. Some Wiccans are polytheistic, worshipping more than one deity, while others worship only the “God” or the “Goddess.” Still other Wiccans worship nature, and call it Gaea, after the Greek earth goddess. Some Wiccans pick and choose parts of Christian doctrine to embrace, while others totally reject Christianity. Most practitioners of Wicca believe in reincarnation.

Most Wiccans will vehemently deny that Satan is part of their pantheon, citing major doctrinal differences between themselves and Satanists. Wiccans generally promote moral relativity, disdaining labels like “good” and “evil” and “right” or “wrong.” Wicca has one law or rule, called the Rede: “Do what ye will, harm ye none.” At first blush, the Rede seems like complete, uninhibited personal license. You can do whatever you want, as long as no one gets hurt; however, Wiccans are quick to point out that the ripple effect of one’s actions can carry far-reaching consequences. They articulate this principle in the Three-fold Law, which says, "All good that a person does to another returns three-fold in this life; harm is also returned three-fold."

One major factor that contributes to the abiding fascination with Wicca is the purported use of spells and magick (a deliberate misspelling intended to separate Wiccans from magicians and illusionists). Curiosity seekers, as well as spiritual neophytes, are most eager to delve into these mysteries. Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft, but those that do claim magick is to them what prayer is to a Christian. The difference between the two is that Wiccans claim magick is simply using their minds to control matter, or they are appealing to their favorite deity to do them a favor, while Christians call upon an omnipotent, omnipresent God to heal people and to intervene and work in their lives. Because the Rede disallows witches from hurting others and the Three-fold Law spells out the consequences for Rede-breakers, witches who practice magick prefer to call themselves “nature witches” or “white witches” to further distance themselves from Satanists.

Wicca is basically a religion that is about minding your own business and living peaceably with your neighbors and environment. Wiccans are eager to draw parallels between themselves and biblical Christianity for the sake of earning credibility, but what does the Bible have to say about this religion? You won’t find the word “wicca” in the Bible, so let’s evaluate the beliefs in light of what God says about them.

Wiccan spells are idolism—Romans 1:25 says, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things, rather than the Creator…” Who wants to settle for second best? In Isaiah 40, God paints a picture of how much greater the Creator is than His creation. If you are worshipping anything besides the Creator, you are not only spinning your wheels, you are guilty of idolatry.

Read more: [link to www.gotquestions.org]
anonymous
User ID: 59492976
United States
06/25/2014 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Is Wicca evil?
Absolutely an abomination to God, for they worship the creation NOT the Creator.
sunspotkiller

User ID: 1332188
United States
06/25/2014 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
All religions point to the same place
sunspotkiller

When you judge someone else, It doesn't define who they are, It defines who you are. Be love!

“Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36421936
United States
06/25/2014 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52469365
United States
06/25/2014 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wicca is not evil.
Catholics, they are evil.
Mormons, they are evil.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 53337336
United States
06/25/2014 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
No. Christians stole 1/2 of their religion from wicca.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 53337336
United States
06/25/2014 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely an abomination to God, for they worship the creation NOT the Creator.
 Quoting: anonymous 59492976

They are not separate things.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52469365
United States
Report Abusive Post
Wouldn't worshipping the Pope also be idolatry?
Wouldn't worshipping a Prophet also be idolatry?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33144679
United States
Report Abusive Post
What do they do that is evil?
Judethz

User ID: 47012985
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

kitty Indeed it is. 2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7979310
United States
06/25/2014 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 53337336

And half from Mithraism.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33144679
United States
06/25/2014 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wicca is a pretty new religion

Gardner got some of his inspiration from the work of Crowley
SevenThunders

User ID: 58913197
United States
06/25/2014 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Druidism, which Wiccan's claim to emulate practiced child sacrifice. Wiccan's will do the same if left to their own devices.

Yes, like all false religions, Wicca is satanic and is designed to ravage your soul.
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49918741
United States
06/25/2014 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
TL:DR

my short answer for the question/title of the thread

as with anything, it depends on your intent
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 56824365
United States
06/25/2014 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
Vaellene

User ID: 58535752
United States
06/25/2014 04:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
yes
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 554503
United States
06/25/2014 04:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

They are not separate things.

And where did you get this little nugget of knowledge prey tell?
anonymous
User ID: 59492976
United States
06/25/2014 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
They absolutely ARE separate things (Creator and creation).God IS the Creator of the creation, dumb ass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59644025
United States
06/25/2014 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wouldn't worshipping the Pope also be idolatry?
Wouldn't worshipping a Prophet also be idolatry?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 52469365

Yes! Worshiping anything other then GOD is idolatry and not true Christianity!
LostInForever

User ID: 1469250
United States
06/25/2014 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why don't you try it out a bit and find out for yourself?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/25/2014 07:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

bsflag
Fishticon

User ID: 52473441
Canada
06/25/2014 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, it is not. The Christians stole Pagan or Wiccan to make their own watered down religion.

If Wicca is evil, then so is Christianity.. because 1 second ago I made up a new religion called Pleepoop, Pleepoopians believe that Christ is evil and all its believers are evil minions.

Since there's no laws about religion or even any red tape that they have to go through to become recognized as a religion, anyone can just make one up on a whim.

Go ahead, make one, its fun. It'll make you feel like you have free will.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/25/2014 09:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
No, it is not. The Christians stole Pagan or Wiccan to make their own watered down religion.

If Wicca is evil, then so is Christianity.. because 1 second ago I made up a new religion called Pleepoop, Pleepoopians believe that Christ is evil and all its believers are evil minions.

Since there's no laws about religion or even any red tape that they have to go through to become recognized as a religion, anyone can just make one up on a whim.

Quoting: Fishticon

bsflag
LostInForever

User ID: 1469250
United States
06/25/2014 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Fishticon

hesright

Just because the religion is made up doesn't mean it has no power or use either.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46425076
United States
06/25/2014 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rome created Christianity and Rome is the forth Beast of the Bible. Rome also crucified Christ. Almost all churches have a steeple on the top. The steeple is an oblisk. Washington and Rome have Oblisk all over them. Christianity uses the Bible but twist it and only teach what they are allowed.

Every Pagan I have ran across treated the ground they walked on as part of them and they did not trash it. They use herbs and everything God put on this planet for food and medicine. Most Christians go to the doctor to get a potion which the Bible warns against. Pagans did not follow what Rome was spreading and that is why they are outcast to Christians. I believe in Jesus and God but I will not partake in the Christian Church. Too many sheep that cannot think for themselves.

Peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5846208
United States
06/25/2014 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wicca is kind of a philosophical / theological Swiffer. Sometimes a practitioner rises above it. And becomes what? Evil? Not hardly.

Certainly only as evil as the Christians I have known who use their religion to exact the utmost from those in their employ and then again to keep from rewarding those same people.

And sometimes I see in Wiccans a glimmer of a more holy spirit than that of the churches that have asked me to leave because of the clothes that I wear.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/25/2014 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wicca is kind of a philosophical / theological Swiffer. Sometimes a practitioner rises above it. And becomes what? Evil? Not hardly.

Certainly only as evil as the Christians I have known who use their religion to exact the utmost from those in their employ and then again to keep from rewarding those same people.

And sometimes I see in Wiccans a glimmer of a more holy spirit than that of the churches that have asked me to leave because of the clothes that I wear.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5846208

The Christians you know sound like false Christians and there churches are what you would call organized religion not really true Christianity!! The biblical definition of the Christian church is "the body of Christian believers" not some stupid building!!

True Christianity is not a religion! It is a personal relationship with the living GOD through Jesus Christ in prayer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59337175
United States
06/25/2014 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
No but probably some wannabe followers would probably like to think so.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2014 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Rome created Christianity and Rome is the forth Beast of the Bible. Rome also crucified Christ. Almost all churches have a steeple on the top. The steeple is an oblisk. Washington and Rome have Oblisk all over them. Christianity uses the Bible but twist it and only teach what they are allowed.

Every Pagan I have ran across treated the ground they walked on as part of them and they did not trash it. They use herbs and everything God put on this planet for food and medicine. Most Christians go to the doctor to get a potion which the Bible warns against. Pagans did not follow what Rome was spreading and that is why they are outcast to Christians. I believe in Jesus and God but I will not partake in the Christian Church. Too many sheep that cannot think for themselves.

Peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 46425076

I think you mean the Catholic Church? Much of the Catholic practices are not biblical!
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2014 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 46425076

I think you mean the Catholic Church? Much of the Catholic practices are not biblical!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 59644025

Many people that are not familiar with Christianity tend associate it with the Catholic Church! Not good!! Much of what Catholics believe is not biblical nor true Christianity!
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2014 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
All religions point to the same place
 Quoting: sunspotkiller

1rof1

GLP