Offer Upgrade

User ID: 53929109
United States
06/26/2014 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Putin...what's his deal?
I'm confused.

Russia had no trouble invading Georgia in 2008 when there was a scrap on the border with Georgia, but now when pro-Russian Ukrainian's are being shredded (literally) Russia repeals legislation to allow them to use force in Ukraine.

I think Putin knows the West can crush him monetarily, so he's protecting his economy by showing the west he'll back off and he's sorry for being a bad, bad Putin.

Does anyone else think Putin is full of shit?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1520466
United States
06/26/2014 12:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Putin...what's his deal?
popcorn
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59591717
United States
06/26/2014 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

Russia had no trouble invading Georgia in 2008 when there was a scrap on the border with Georgia, but now when pro-Russian Ukrainian's are being shredded (literally) Russia repeals legislation to allow them to use force in Ukraine.

I think Putin knows the West can crush him monetarily, so he's protecting his economy by showing the west he'll back off and he's sorry for being a bad, bad Putin.

Quoting: Frost1177

The goal from the beginning of the Ukrainian "Spring" was to goad Russia into a large-scale military intervention in Ukraine. But Putin was one-step ahead of the game and secured Crimea (the only place where Russian national security interests were genuinely threatened) without firing a shot in a brilliant deployment of special forces - those "little green men." I think the West was caught off guard and was genuinely hoping for a larger conflict with Russia over Crimea.

Putin knows that the West is under the influence - Satanic influence - and that the demon has only one goal: destruction and chaos at any cost. That's what we are witnessing now in Syria and Iraq, and Putin is determined to reverse the course. This is more of a spiritual battle of wills than a war that can be won on the battlefield.

Genuine warriors understand that there are never any winners in any war, even those that are justified.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28105164
United States
06/26/2014 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
He knows the pro-Russian Ukrainians will prevail. Probably doesn't want to get in a conflict with US-backed neo Nazis when they'll eventually implode anyhow. He'll sit back and watch the enemy destroy itself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11954417
United States
06/26/2014 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Putin is the worlds best hope.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 56698550
United States
06/26/2014 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Patriot
Frost1177  (OP)

United States
06/26/2014 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

The goal from the beginning of the Ukrainian "Spring" was to goad Russia into a large-scale military intervention in Ukraine. But Putin was one-step ahead of the game and secured Crimea (the only place where Russian national security interests were genuinely threatened) without firing a shot in a brilliant deployment of special forces - those "little green men." I think the West was caught off guard and was genuinely hoping for a larger conflict with Russia over Crimea.

Putin knows that the West is under the influence - Satanic influence - and that the demon has only one goal: destruction and chaos at any cost. That's what we are witnessing now in Syria and Iraq, and Putin is determined to reverse the course. This is more of a spiritual battle of wills than a war that can be won on the battlefield.

Genuine warriors understand that there are never any winners in any war, even those that are justified.
 Quoting: FreakObserver

What you say makes sense, and maybe I'm just used to how the media in U.S. reacts and beats the war drum when people overseas are being killed.

Syria is a perfect example.

CNN made sure to come out in force and back the war effort for Obammy, but it failed in the end.

The agenda is so out in the open it's silly.

Again you could be right, and maybe Putin is hoping to sit back and let the U.S. and her pal's exhaust themselves in the Middle East. If I was Putin I would be worried with NATO on my border. I think one day NATO will roll in Russia like Napoleon did, and at that point it will be too late for Russia. The cold won't save them this time.
LeaderOfTheBand

User ID: 55945631
United States
06/26/2014 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

No, I don't think he's full of shit. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's sitting back and watching the West fuck itself over all by its lonesome.

He knows he doesn't have to push/instigate any further than is necessary. It's called strategy, and he's just patiently making his moves and letting everything else fall into play around him.
"Who shall I send, and who will go for us?' And I replied, 'Here am I. Send me..." For I have not given up on my country, so may my country not give up on me. semper fucking fi.
Frost1177  (OP)

United States
06/26/2014 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

No, I don't think he's full of shit. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's sitting back and watching the West fuck itself over all by its lonesome.

He knows he doesn't have to push/instigate any further than is necessary. It's called strategy, and he's just patiently making his moves and letting everything else fall into play around him.
 Quoting: LeaderOfTheBand

I hope you're right. I just feel many people are latching on to Putin because he seems to be the last "sane" world leader in touch with the geopolitical situation.
Frost1177  (OP)

United States
06/26/2014 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
One more point, if Putin is just playing strategy then why did he let Medvedev invade Georgia?

Didn't many in the west including the raging boner for war McCain want to fight Russia at that time?

How is this any different?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2014 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
popcorn
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1520466

See why i posted that now? Even if Putin publicly apologized to America, the Ukraine and Obama there is ppl in this place that would say it was a brilliant strategical move lol.

Fact is he has lost one of king chairs at the UN and now has the UN breathing down his neck in the ukraine where they were not before. Sanctions to deal with, which do matter, and has burned numerous bridges and in roads he worked very carefully to build with the world community over the years. But hey, he kinda has crimea. And only what? A few thousand had to die,
Russian and Ukrainian, to get it? Sweet deal huh?

All sense the Olympics.
Frost1177  (OP)

United States
06/26/2014 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
popcorn

See why i posted that now? Even if Putin publicly apologized to America, the Ukraine and Obama there is ppl in this place that would say it was a brilliant strategical move lol.

Fact is he has lost one of king chairs at the UN and now has the UN breathing down his neck in the ukraine where they were not before. Sanctions to deal with, which do matter, and has burned numerous bridges and in roads he worked very carefully to build with the world community over the years. But hey, he kinda has crimea. And only what? A few thousand had to die,

All sense the Olympics.

Yes, I now understand the popcorn. :)

My thoughts exactly, I think I just had to talk myself through it.
User ID: 59360641
United States
06/26/2014 01:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Russia was tasked with fomenting unrest and securing the naval base.

Nothing more.

He has succeeded in all goals and fronts.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59342275
United States
06/26/2014 01:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
popcorn

All sense the Olympics.

Why should Putin apologize to the USA? America has no business being in the region at all! And the USA agitated and organized the Ukrainian coup in the first place. And the sanctions do not matter at all. Russia is self-sufficient. And the few thousand are on the hands of the Jews in the USA who organized the whole thing along with their Jew friends Yats, Tymoshenko, Klitschko, etc.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2014 01:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
popcorn

All sense the Olympics.

Yes, I now understand the popcorn. :)

My thoughts exactly, I think I just had to talk myself through it.

It is what it is and ppl can think whatever they like obviously. I just personally have zero love or loyalty towards Putin, or Obama.

This is not a Putin vs Obama dynamic to me where you have to pick one or the other and not supporting one of them means you must support the other. What the hell is that?

This is just world politics and Putin is as power hungry and greasy as any politician on the planet. Him and Obama are two peas in a pod wearing different costumes and working different audiences. But not all that different at all. They both say whatever they need to while doing something else entirely. They both pretend to care about values and ideals they could give two shits about to control ppl as well.

Rant over.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/26/2014 01:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
popcorn

All sense the Olympics.

Why should Putin apologize to the USA? America has no business being in the region at all! And the USA agitated and organized the Ukrainian coup in the first place. And the sanctions do not matter at all. Russia is self-sufficient. And the few thousand are on the hands of the Jews in the USA who organized the whole thing along with their Jew friends Yats, Tymoshenko, Klitschko, etc.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 59342275

Put down your Putin pillow pet and coffee mug for a second and re-read what i posted. I never said he should apologize to anyone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1495128
Canada
06/26/2014 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's sick of everyone's shit and actually has the balls to do something about it.
Daniel of the Rose

User ID: 59156396
United States
06/26/2014 03:50 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

chess move baby...waiting the right move
rainrosefaithtrue
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 58244013
United States
06/26/2014 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused, too. I can't figure out what's the deal with you putinoids.

The guy runs his country in a non-democratic and authoritarian way and you're cheering him on. I thought you were all for liberty.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22177258
Sweden
06/26/2014 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Russia intervened in the Georgian attack on South Ossetia, Georgia actually started bombing civilians with no actual reason. There were many Russians living there and he did right by stopping the bombing.

Ukraine is a different situation. It is obvious that USA and EU want war and they are doing it on purpose, Ukraine is taken over by West. It would be a dumb move to intervene right now, because it could kickstart a major war. Russia doesn't want war. Putin wants to sort this out diplomatically. But I think if Ukraine continues to kill it's civilians there might be some intervention or civil unrest in Ukraine.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59460355
India
06/26/2014 04:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

What you say makes sense, and maybe I'm just used to how the media in U.S. reacts and beats the war drum when people overseas are being killed.

Syria is a perfect example.

CNN made sure to come out in force and back the war effort for Obammy, but it failed in the end.

The agenda is so out in the open it's silly.

Again you could be right, and maybe Putin is hoping to sit back and let the U.S. and her pal's exhaust themselves in the Middle East. If I was Putin I would be worried with NATO on my border. I think one day NATO will roll in Russia like Napoleon did, and at that point it will be too late for Russia. The cold won't save them this time.

Also Putin will never allow the south east Ukraine to be in NATO/EU hold, it will mean an end of Russia in a year or two, NATO assets in that area will give them a window of 1 hr to destroy Russian interests.

What I worry about if Putin is on verge of loosing this tactical war, will he attempt a first nuclear strike on US interests????
KipKat

User ID: 25952351
Netherlands
06/26/2014 04:02 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'd love to play some poker with him! poker
:kkwapper:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59460355
India
06/26/2014 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
One more point, if Putin is just playing strategy then why did he let Medvedev invade Georgia?

Didn't many in the west including the raging boner for war McCain want to fight Russia at that time?

How is this any different?

The point is, georgia and Ukraine were Red line for Russia, they crossed that line in 2008, Russia responded. But this time Russia is much more surrounded by Nato and they have used world press more effectively in garnering support against Putin.

Georgia was a test, and Nato realised they need more elaborate planning to take on Russia.

But this time China could be the wild card....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50294775
United States
06/26/2014 04:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Small penis syndrome.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59635079
Serbia
06/26/2014 04:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
He's sending strong signals, practically begging the CIA to extract him before ICBMs start flying, but there's no indication that's going to happen any time soon... or ever, for that matter.

So far, the only thing stopping U.S. from nuking Russia have been those Russian nuke subs they couldn't get their hands on, but since Russian military is slowly recovering from Putin's "work", and taking control of the situation, I guess that U.S. now has no other choice but to push Europe into another economic chaos and use it as a live shield against Russia. No wonder EU puppies have again been raising their voices.

EU growls grow stronger, first nukes will have to come from there... if they don't come from China before that. You never know which knife the Chinese will use to stab you in the back.

I'll say again what I've been saying all this time. Oil fields are the key. Wipe them off the face of the Earth and no one will have any reason to start a nuclear war. Quite the contrary. They'll be too busy fighting with sticks over food leftovers.

True, there's also that possibility of coming clean and starting (the only true) war for liberation, but no one seems interested in liberating anything, neither themselves, nor anyone else. Total control is on everyone's mind, so that path is definitely not an option. Nor it will ever be.
Delaura

User ID: 59657713
Vietnam
06/26/2014 04:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don't forget that Ukraine has quite a large military itself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12056814
Canada
06/26/2014 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
nah ... I think Putin is a rare example of good in a bad bad world.
Russia / Putin is not perfect... they have millions of homeless people just like USA. I think he is trying his best to do the right thing and dissolve the bs happening out there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 50413045
United Kingdom
06/26/2014 05:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
But what is the end goal for Putin?
HnryBwmn///KD0WSJ

User ID: 52336870
United States
06/26/2014 06:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm confused.

Superb evaluation. I concur.
I feel it is the Banksters trying to steal what they can in Ukraine. 25% of the worlds best black dirt they grow 1/3 of the worlds corn, NON GMO, which pisses the Satanists and Monsanto off to no end.

Military conflict there will devalue this land, make it easier to bend the people to their will.
Disruption of normal life, planting, harvest, distribution,
Will slow the flow of corn, inhibit this year's and next years crops. Less going to market.
Large scale war or freaky weather or no gasoline or diesel for equipment, power plants blown up.....

Less corn out of Ukraine would raise Monsatan GMO TOXIC corn 50%........another goal, more food control and higher prices.

These fukks have screwing the people down to a fine science.

Where's the rope?

"America's Imperial March East is Ended"
Michael///KD0WSJ
R.P. McMurphy

User ID: 17078589
United States
06/26/2014 06:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Putin is toying with obama...

Oh yes he is.

He's got obama out-classed on so many levels it's ridiculous.

:knockknee:
"Moral of the story is I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again.

==== ESTJ-a (Executive) 93% Extroverted, 82% Observant, 83% Thinking, 82% Judging,72% Assertive ====
aqmah

User ID: 2944501
United Arab Emirates
06/26/2014 06:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
i wonder if Russian people bored of him!
he sits there like an Arabian president... when he's gonna step down? i dont think he have a son to take his place.

GLP