whitley strieber's wife says that "everything he has ever written is fiction"

necramericanomicon
User ID: 116586
United States
07/18/2006 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
whitley strieber's wife says that "everything he has ever written is fiction"
thought this would be good for laughs for any strieber alien sports fans out there (like myself):

[link to www.martiansgohome.com]

Finally, here's a bombshell (if true!) from a letter to "MUFON Forum", written by someone named Warren Aston, as published in the May issue of the MUFON Journal: "... The one person on earth who is presumably closer to Whitley Strieber than any other - his wife - has affirmed to multiple people that everything he has ever written is fiction. In the presence of Clennys Mackay, MUFON's coordinator in Australia, and several others, she volunteered that information when we brought the Striebers to Brisbane for an International Conference in 1999."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 118930
United States
07/18/2006 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: whitley strieber's wife says that "everything he has ever written is fiction"
yeah, I thought so too.
Johnny Danger
User ID: 116563
United States
07/18/2006 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: whitley strieber's wife says that "everything he has ever written is fiction"
ummmmmmm buddies with both Art Bell AND George Noory: Do we have to draw you all a map?

Can we all say: Entertainment?

jD
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 97470
United States
07/18/2006 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I thought so too, becuase we was a writer before, and NEEDED a successful book, the subject was new during the time ofthe first wave of New Agers.

I thought that, the very first time I heard him on radio, why, his book story did not match what he was saying on the Radio.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/18/2006 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also, the book about that man who just showed up in the hotel and gave him all the teaching, I know that was a scam too, these types of MYSTERIOUS MEETING Sells...

Show me the money.

Smiles.
Naturyl

User ID: 118783
United States
07/18/2006 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, no big surprise in this one.
Everybody gets the Nat they deserve.
Manticore

User ID: 118935
United Kingdom
07/18/2006 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Of course all this talk of alien abductions is false, he's a fiction writer. All of the good authors have over-active imaginations, otherwise their books wouldn't sell quite as well as they do.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/18/2006 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Art Bell AND George Noory... they have not CLAIMED the same sort of things that Whitley Strieber did...

I don't think you can make the same claim for them...

The Book Art did with him was fiction.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 116053
United States
07/18/2006 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
anyone with any sense knew that from the start.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21
United States
07/18/2006 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Manticore,

Read the research of Dr. John Mack formerly of Harvard ( who is now deceased ).

The abduction of humans by aliens is apparently a FACT.

Facts do not "become" false, just because you are too afraid to face the truth.The more you know about this subject, the more you will accept it, and conquer your obvious fear.
FemAzure

User ID: 118783
United States
07/18/2006 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Manticore,
Facts do not "become" false, just because you are too afraid to face the truth.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21

And falsehoods do not "become" facts just because you want them to. Ask any ex-Christian.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 118952
United States
07/18/2006 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's all going according to plan. Gov. sets up their phoney alien guru takes him down now there are no aliens. Read the Stargate Conspiracy it touches on this. Meanwhile people are still gettng abducted by the gov. and the aliens who work together to keep mankind their livestock. They control everything but your heart if you turn it over to them they control that too. alien03
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 80475
United States
07/18/2006 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everything networked humans are involved with is fake. Nothing real is gleaned by MK-ULTRA. Nothing real is gleaned by the US military and the stooges they pay to write fiction for them.
Manticore

User ID: 118935
United Kingdom
07/18/2006 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Manticore,

Facts do not "become" false, just because you are too afraid to face the truth.The more you know about this subject, the more you will accept it, and conquer your obvious fear.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21

Truth? It is wise to keep an objective viewpoint on these stories of "Alien Abduction", and that's exactly what they are- stories. The victims provide no photographs of their supposed abductors, no tangible evidence that the whole scenario has even occurred except for their own testimony and the odd scrape mark on their skin (which could have been self-inflicted).

In my opinion, I believe that many of these supposed "abductees" are victims of their own vivid imaginations.
BadMoonRising
User ID: 75695
United Kingdom
07/18/2006 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well blow me down with a feather!

Next you'll be telling me that Middle-Earth dosen't exist.
necramericanomicon (OP)
User ID: 116586
United States
07/18/2006 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
maybe whitley's wife is getting even for his balling an alien honeypot on the side:

from John Mack's 1999 book "Passport to the Cosmos". The following paragraphs are direct quotes from the book:
Whitley Strieber spoke to me ( = John Mack - ed.) of experiences similar to Isabel's. "The sexual part of my relationship with the beings has been very complex and very rich and very difficult at times because I'm a married man. I've taken marriage vows, which I believe in. To an extent this aspect of it has been thrust on me, and it's not something I've been able to control. If it had been under my control, I would have felt very guilty."
There is a specific alien female with whom he feels mated. "It's like having a second wife with whom I have a secret relationship." "There was never a seduction," he said. "I would wake up in a state of sexual excitement, in mid-intercourse...The physical dynamic is different in the sense that the sensation of intercourse moves through your whole body, and you become totally devoted to it for longer than I do in normal intercourse."

In normal coitus, he said, orgasm can be "a very colorful moment, but in this, the power of the moment starts at the beginning and extends through the whole thing, and at the end I black out." It feels to him "as if a level of sexuality I'm normally not involved with is engaged. It's very, very powerful."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 119006
United States
07/18/2006 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well 'The Day after Tomorrow' was quite a work of fiction.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 119012
Canada
07/18/2006 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Including his staunch but subtle defence of Neo-con empire?

She's already refuted those claims in a diary entry, gossip's a bitch.

If it's good karma to have a nice car, then what does that mean to the destruction of the environment via all those SUV ego mobiles?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 161250
Canada
11/22/2006 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Whitley SStrieber likes to tell people on his message board to kill themselves and then he bans them.
Mephes
User ID: 160974
United States
11/22/2006 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Manticore,

Truth? It is wise to keep an objective viewpoint on these stories of "Alien Abduction", and that's exactly what they are- stories. The victims provide no photographs of their supposed abductors, no tangible evidence that the whole scenario has even occurred except for their own testimony and the odd scrape mark on their skin (which could have been self-inflicted).

In my opinion, I believe that many of these supposed "abductees" are victims of their own vivid imaginations.
 Quoting: Manticore

I hope you are right but attributing all the strange goings-on to "imagination" is lazy wishful thinking and frankly is not good enough. You might as well stop voting and "hope" whoever is elected is honest and willing to do right.
Mickey Martian

User ID: 141255
United States
11/22/2006 07:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe you should do a little research into both sides of an issue before posting hearsay. And maybe some of you here should be less eager to discount alien abduction accounts in order to feed your prejudices. Here's Anne Strieber's side of the story. And she's right--Glennys Mackay would not have likely submitted to an interview with Anne Strieber if OPs story was true.

Big Babies--UPDATE
Thursday May 18th, 2006
printer friendly version send to a friend previous | next
I think the reason that UFO science never seems get anywhere, or manages to convince anyone (who isn't already convinced) that the visitors are real, is because these so- called "researchers" are, for the most part, a bunch of big babies. They would rather scrabble with each other in the sandbox than do any real science.
When my son was a baby, there would be periods of time when he would cry, seemingly for no reason. This baffled me, because his pants were dry and he was well-fed. I eventually realized that what he wanted was attention. After a few years, he grew up and learned how to amuse himself.

This is something that a lot of Mufon folks need to learn to do. When we met the Australian medium Glennys MacKay at the Laughlin, Nevada UFO conference, I was appalled to find that the place was rife with lawsuits, all bogus. In one, a security guard had apparently been bribed to impersonate a legal official serving court papers, in order to try to stop a speaker from abroad from giving his speech. I assume this was done so that ANOTHER person could present the same information without being pre-empted. Since we have lots of lawyers in the family, we explained to the person involved why this was NOT an actual legal service. In impersonating an officer of the court, the security guard may have even broken the law.

I didn't think UFO folks could stoop much lower than this, but now they have—now they have decided to try to break up a marriage. Their latest MUFON Journal claims that I told Glennys at a UFO convention in Brisbane many years ago that everything Whitley wrote about his visitor experiences was fiction.

Of course, they're not going to succeed in breaking up our marriage. And sometimes I'm actually surprised that I DIDN'T think Whitley's visitor stories were some kind of fiction, but the truth is, I never did—not for a moment. And Glennys certainly wouldn't have gotten in touch with me again if I had ever told her that.

The author of this letter, Warren Aston, has, in my opinion, misunderstood something I said. We had as many as 17 witnesses encounter the Grays at our house at the same time, and a number of these witnesses are on record, such as Lorie Barnes and Raven Dana, among others, who have even gone on national radio describing their experiences—which Mr. Aston probably knows perfectly well. I myself tried to be with the visitors when they were coming into the house and interacting with my husband. When they showed up, I could not stay in the room, it was just incredibly frightening. How Whitley managed to do this for 11 years I do not know. But his experiences were real, and for this man to say that I have ever claimed otherwise is an outrage and a personal insult to me, not to say my husband.

What's the motivation for this nasty attack? I've never even met Warren Aston (or if I have, I don't remember him—maybe that's the problem?) and I haven't stepped on any toes over at MUFON recently—not that I know of, anyway—and I can't fathom why they would print something so heinous for no reason at all.

Or perhaps they DO have a reason: maybe they just want attention. WAH! It reminds me of my son crying in the middle of the night. But I think it's long past time for them to GROW UP, don't you?

We have heard from Glennys, who copied us on a letter she wrote directly to Warren Aston. She says, "I am totally horrified that you used my name and had this article printed in the Mufon magazine. I did not hear the conversation…I had first hand experience of this at Laughlin, as to people's behavior towards Whitley, in the way things get out of context…people only hear what they want to hear and NOT what is said…I am deeply hurt by these allegatiions and feel that it is totally unfair to both Whitley and Anne that all this should be dragged up after all these years [since] it was October, 1996 when they were our guests here in Brisbane. In my personal association with both Anne and Whitley, I have found them to be very caring, kind and genuine people, and I feel that what has been written is totally unjust."

GLP