Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,275 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 636,931
Pageviews Today: 1,033,632Threads Today: 413Posts Today: 6,927
10:48 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Were the Beatles Mind Controlled Illuminati Agents and Was Paul Replaced in '66?

rosswave  (OP)

User ID: 109641
United States
10/23/2006 03:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Were the Beatles Mind Controlled Illuminati Agents and Was Paul Replaced in '66?
Rosswave, back to the Leary-CIA connection, I just came across this:

In an interview for High Times magazine in February 1978, Leary said:

“If you look back, many things that we thought were accidents turned out were not accidents. The entire LSD movement itself was sponsored originally by the CIA, to whom I give great credit. I would not be here today if it had not been for the foresight and prestige of the CIA psychologists, so give the CIA credit for being truly an intelligence agency. ”

Mind control researcher Walter Bowart interviewed Leary in the 1970s, and the acid guru had some interesting things to say about his association with the CIA. Asked, “Do you think CIA people were involved in your group in the sixties?” Leary responded, “Of course they were. I would say that eighty percent of my movements, eighty percent of the decisions I made were suggested to me by CIA people… I like the CIA! The game they’re playing is better than the FBI. Better than the Saigon police. Better than Franco’s police. Better than the Israeli police. They’re a thousand times better than the KGB. So it comes down to: who are you going to work for? The Yankees or the Dodgers?”
=========================================
I remember hearing this from somewhere. I think this is about all Leary has ever said about the CIA and LSD.
 Quoting: ObeyTheOctopus

Could be...I don't remember the exact quote re what Leary said about his connection with the CIA....
"What if everything you ever believed was tied up in a little box and eaten by cute little snails?"
--- Mark Morford
ObeyTheOctopus

User ID: 103587
United States
10/23/2006 03:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Were the Beatles Mind Controlled Illuminati Agents and Was Paul Replaced in '66?
ISKCON
International Society for Krishna Consciousness

What a story that is, but some of it is very dark and i don't recommend getting into the story.

Can you imagine trying to be a Hare Krishna at an airport today.

It used to be amazing to go to an airport and see them dancing with cymbols and passing out flowers, kind of miss those days when one could do that!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 150777

You know, I do recall reading about them in Turn Off Your Mind. It's a book about the occult side of the flower power "movement". I believe the author, Gary Lachman, credits the Beatles with making ISKCON popular worldwide because the Krishas recorded a chant for Apple Records that actually charted in the UK. How do they tie in with George Harrison's death?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 83061
United States
10/23/2006 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Y'all are nuts.

banana
rosswave  (OP)

United States
10/23/2006 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yikes . . . I never got that high . . . I have to say I do appreciate LSD in retrospect...it gave me a sense of how fluid reality is . . . as Lennon suggested, the LSD knife might have cut both ways....

I agree with that. Outside of that one bad experience, LSD has been a positive influence on my life and a key to unlocking habitual/self-destructive thinking. Although, I do compare it to playing with Prometheus' fire, if you take too much or are in an unsafe or uncomfortable place, it can definitely take you to Hell.

Yeah, no argument there . . . have to hit the sack...thanx for your (and others) feedback...will check back in the morn...
"What if everything you ever believed was tied up in a little box and eaten by cute little snails?"
--- Mark Morford
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 150777
United States
10/23/2006 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
the beatles themselves thought the Beach Boys were superior, but who is to say.

i did hear a beatles song recently and heard it in a different way.

it wasn't so much genius as it was capability to exploit the opportunity to the max and SWAGGER, ego, partly fueled by speed,and then later every other drug. It was a vibe that they embodied and they embodied it very well but the music sounds crass to me now.
rosswave  (OP)

United States
10/23/2006 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Y'all are nuts.

banana
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

Just flashbacks, man

speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan speedbanan afro
--- Mark Morford
ObeyTheOctopus

United States
10/23/2006 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

it wasn't so much genius as it was capability to exploit the opportunity to the max and SWAGGER, ego, partly fueled by speed,and then later every other drug. It was a vibe that they embodied and they embodied it very well but the music sounds crass to me now.

The Beatles were not technically superior in terms of their playing or harmonizing. The genius behind the Beatles sound was George Martin and his wizardry at the soundboard.

BTW, the Beach Boys had their own acid/occult thing going on, Dennis Wilson and the Manson Family for instance, but that's another story.
rosswave  (OP)

United States
10/23/2006 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, I remember them praising the Beach Boys though don't recall them saying that the BBs were the superior group....clearly the BB's were an influence in the next level of sound the Beatles graduated to . . . . . as far as who made better music, ultimately it's a question of taste . . . I also think George Martin played quite a role in giving the Beatles their revolutionary sound...
--- Mark Morford
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

The Beatles were not technically superior in terms of their playing or harmonizing. The genius behind the Beatles sound was George Martin and his wizardry at the soundboard.

BTW, the Beach Boys had their own acid/occult thing going on, Dennis Wilson and the Manson Family for instance, but that's another story.

Brian Wilson really had trouble being eclipsed by the beatles and got into drug truoble, the other thing came later after the Beach Boys had fallen apart and it wasn't really much of anything.

yea, it was George Martin, the engineers, and the genius to make something sound a particular way, kind of amazing, like magicians
rosswave  (OP)

United States
10/23/2006 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ha, funny I just posted something similar about George Martin . . . yeah, the Wilson/Manson thing was pretty strange and then the White album from the Beatles that Manson used . . . lots of convolution . . . who are the ultimate puppeteers?
--- Mark Morford
ObeyTheOctopus

United States
10/23/2006 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ha, funny I just posted something similar about George Martin . . . yeah, the Wilson/Manson thing was pretty strange and then the White album from the Beatles that Manson used . . . lots of convolution . . . who are the ultimate puppeteers?
 Quoting: rosswave

Great minds think alike. As for the puppeteers 1dunno1
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 04:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
advertisers, consumer culture, the beatles ushered in the modern consumer culture as we know it

the desire to cultivate a perfect consumer culture world with focus on the flesh as oppposed to spiritual values

the people behind the music companies are international financiers, big time corporate money, the beatles were fronting all of that . . .corporate culture, as they seemed to rail against it they promoted it more than anyone
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 62244
United States
10/23/2006 04:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
i think the purpose was to create a generation of burnouts with little to no knowledge or care for the law and the political process.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Brian Epstein was aware of what was going on and he couldn't stand it any more.

He didn't want to sell his soul all the way.

Modern culture didn't just happen without a lot of planning and that planning is often done by very cunning people behind the scenes who have a very good idea of what they want to sell, who they want to see it to.

If you really want to know the key to the beatles just think . . .

pharmaceutical companies
ObeyTheOctopus

United States
10/23/2006 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
advertisers, consumer culture, the beatles ushered in the modern consumer culture as we know it

the desire to cultivate a perfect consumer culture world with focus on the flesh as oppposed to spiritual values

the people behind the music companies are international financiers, big time corporate money, the beatles were fronting all of that . . .corporate culture, as they seemed to rail against it they promoted it more than anyone

I think you give them too much credit. They are more of a symptom then the cause. I also disagree with you saying that they promoted flesh over spiritual values. While they did start out as teen pop sensations and had all this fame and money and merchandise, I consider Lennon and especially Harrison to be very spiritual people and I'm sure many of those who got into meditation, Hinduism or Buddhism because of the Beatles would argue with you there. Read the lyrics to an early Beatles tune, say "Drive My Car" and compare them to "Within You, Without You" or "Across the Universe" later in their career. The band definitely went through a profound spiritual transformation and I think that is what caused them to get burned out on all the materialism and hype by 1970.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 04:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
i was only leading up to what needed to be said, and didn't mean to over generalize there.

it was really all about pharmaceutical companies who are by far the most devious and well moneyed of all industries.

if one could really peek beyind the scenes one would find that their influence on many events the beatles included is beyond belief, after all the modern world can be characterized as the medicated culture and the beatles made that seem hip, groovy, cool, and even 'spiritual'.
ObeyTheOctopus

United States
10/23/2006 04:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
i was only leading up to what needed to be said, and didn't mean to over generalize there.

it was really all about pharmaceutical companies who are by far the most devious and well moneyed of all industries.

if one could really peek beyind the scenes one would find that their influence on many events the beatles included is beyond belief, after all the modern world can be characterized as the medicated culture and the beatles made that seem hip, groovy, cool, and even 'spiritual'.

I think it all depends on your own interpretation and frame of reference. One could hear "Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream" and think about meditation or connecting with a higher source, and another could think of getting wasted and erasing their intelligence. It's all perception.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 04:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
i don't mean the illegal drugs, i mean the legal ones of today, the acceptance of medicating oneself was what was ushered in under the beatles coattails, the all emcompassing paradigm that the pharmaceuticals companies have engineered over the past 40 years. it is a total world view and they used the beatles a lot, and yes the beatles burned out on it and tried to find some spiritual ground, who can blame them?
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 04:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
anyway , thanks for the opportunity to dig into this, enjoyed the sharing of perspectives!

got to get some sleep here.
ObeyTheOctopus

United States
10/23/2006 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
i don't mean the illegal drugs, i mean the legal ones of today, the acceptance of medicating oneself was what was ushered in under the beatles coattails, the all emcompassing paradigm that the pharmaceuticals companies have engineered over the past 40 years. it is a total world view and they used the beatles a lot, and yes the beatles burned out on it and tried to find some spiritual ground, who can blame them?

Yes, "used" is a good for it. They were used by many people for many different reasons. Some people used them for spiritual basis, Leary used them for political gain, Manson used them as a reason for Helter Skelter, the monarchy used them, the corporate world used them, radio and the music industry used them etc etc. Whether the Beatles were "agents" for these things or not, they were trend setters for whatever was happening at the time. From the leather clad, biker cool rebelliousness of the early days to the inward-looking acid-dropping hippie culture of the late 60's, they were on the cutting edge of culture, for sure.

I know people who are Beatles fans that only listen to the early albums and others that listen to Sgt. Pepper and beyond exclusively. I don't believe the band deserves the blame for what has happened to culture, it's more of a virus that they and us are a part of and perpetuating everyday.

As for the pharmaceutical industry, I'm sure somewhere there's a pill out there they're using a Beatles song to sell.

"Getting Better" perhaps?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 157673
Australia
10/23/2006 05:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
They got by "with a little help from their friends".

John said once. "I sold my soul for this you know".
Ikaika

User ID: 96863
United States
10/23/2006 07:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
why do you think he committed 'suicide'?

From what I understand, he was in love with Lennon.
Ikaika

User ID: 96863
United States
10/23/2006 08:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Beatles arrived on U.S. shores 100 days after JFK was killed.

People were looking for something great to happen.

Synchronicity.

I don't believe The Beatles were anything but a group of kids from Liverpool who had a distinctive sound, were in the right place at the right time, and I think they were overwhelmed by their success, and their influence.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 157707
Netherlands
10/23/2006 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 157673

He is assumed to have said:

I sold my soul to the devil.
(As quoted in Lennon by Ray Coleman )

[link to en.wikiquote.org]
rosswave  (OP)

United States
10/23/2006 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

He is assumed to have said:

I sold my soul to the devil.
(As quoted in Lennon by Ray Coleman )

[link to en.wikiquote.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 157707

There is a story that Bob Dylan said something similar . . . I would guess that anyone who rises to some level of influence in this culture has to deal with those Elites who want to use them . . .
--- Mark Morford
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
they are used as marketing tools in ways that they don't always understand
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/23/2006 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
remember, CULTURE IS Manipulated and MARKETED by those who have good reason to do so and nothing sells better than musical groups that appeal to teenagers, it sets a lifelong marketing preference.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 121552
United States
10/23/2006 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's hard for me to get my mind around this but then my belief system has taken some major hits the last 5 years...I've seen/heard somewhat credible evidence to these points . . .

My questions:

1. Why was it necessary to replace Paul (just a car accident or did they need a different actor)?

2. How did their music further the Elite Agenda?

3. Was John Lennon killed because he was going to reveal the truth or decided not to go along with their agenda or for some other reason?

4. Was Bob Dylan used in similar ways?

5. Am I getting seriously paranoid and this is all bunk and I can return to appreciating Beatles/Dylan music for what it appears to be on the surface?
 Quoting: rosswave

You need to get off the meds. LOL!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 157833
Canada
10/23/2006 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
1) Paul was never killed. You can look at the photographs for yourself. from the first pics to McCartney now it's still the same guy that started in 62.

My reasoning that he's the same person is his bass style. First off Paul played some really funky bass in some parts and it's damn near impossible to match. Second is that he played bass lefty.

2) Their music didn't further the Elite Agenda

3) John was killed because he was becoming a revolutionary and impacting society.

Up to his untimely murder the CIA had volumes of intelligence and investigation on Lennon. The books are huge. Not night table reading.

4) I don't think Dylan has much to do with anything of this topic. Although I do know he's a pretty big asshole off camera.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 157801
Germany
10/23/2006 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Was Kurt Cobain used in the same way?

I bet he was.

GLP