Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,904 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,076,057
Pageviews Today: 1,799,260Threads Today: 735Posts Today: 12,209
06:23 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

URGENT CALL TO ACTION: Call your Senators - re: AUTHORIZING WAR with IRAN - amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill

TX.Patriot
User ID: 288913
United States
09/24/2007 10:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
URGENT CALL TO ACTION: Call your Senators - re: AUTHORIZING WAR with IRAN - amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill
I received the following tonight from The PEN, The People's E-mail Network. The information is further supported by the following; although, I haven't searched for the amendment on Thomas Register, etc. I will dig further info later tonight.

[link to www.afterdowningstreet.org]

[link to irannuclearwatch.blogspot.com]

--------------------------------------------

CALL YOUR SENATORS RIGHT NOW AND DEMAND THEY VOTE DOWN THE
LIEBERMAN-KYL AMENDMENT

In case you thought it was just an aberrant moment of lunacy last week when Lieberman pressed General Petraeus for an attack on Iran, just before the weekend he introduced an amendment to the defense bill to authorize exactly that.

No, we are not kidding. He has drafted language that any impartial observer would interpret as a DECLARATION OF WAR against Iran, and he is pressing for a vote as fast as possible.

Here is the language from the amendment:

(3) that it should be the policy of the United States to combat, contain, and roll back the violent activities and destabilizing influence inside Iraq of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, its foreign facilitators such as Lebanese Hezbollah, and its indigenous Iraqi proxies;

(4) to support the prudent and calibrated use of all instruments of United States national power in Iraq, including diplomatic, economic, intelligence, and military instruments, in support of the policy described in paragraph (3) with respect to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran and its proxies.

The policy of the U.S should be to "combat" Iran with "all" "military instruments"?!? You can be absolutely certain that those are the ONLY words Dick Cheney and George Bush will see or care about.

We need every warm body we can muster to call and email their senators RIGHT NOW, before they pull another fast one and sneak this one through in the dead of the night. Call them toll free at 800 828-0498, 800 614 2803 or 866 340 9281, and the submit the action form below to make sure your message gets through.

Just yesterday, Newsweek reported that Cheney had recently made overtures to Israel to get them to launch an attack against Iran, to try to provoke an all out conflagration. It seems every day there is a new story leaked about their aggressive preparations for The Debacle, Part 2. And just as in the lead up to the Iraq invasion, they will keep lying, lying and lie some more about their intentions until they've shot off every cruise missile in the military inventory.

We need your voice, and the voices of everyone else you know, and we them now. We need to absolutely flood the Capitol with phone calls and email. Please believe your voice counts. Please believe that when enough of us raise our voices together at one time they do have an impact.

Cheney and his minions are absolutely not going to stop pushing for an even bigger disaster unless we stop them by speaking out with a louder voice. So we cannot let up ourselves even for an instant.
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/24/2007 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: URGENT CALL TO ACTION: Call your Senators - re: AUTHORIZING WAR with IRAN - amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill
Lieberman is a sneaky little bastard, isn't her???

Please pin.
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/24/2007 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: URGENT CALL TO ACTION: Call your Senators - re: AUTHORIZING WAR with IRAN - amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill
Lieberman is a sneaky little bastard, isn't her???

Please pin.
 Quoting: TX.Patriot 288913

Correction: "HE" LOL
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/24/2007 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
This vote could go down tomorrow (TUESDAY). PLEASE call your Senators.

Monday, September 24, 2007
Possible Vote on Lieberman-Kyl Amendment Tomorrow

Today the Senators Lieberman and Kyl presented arguments in favor of Amendment No. 3017 to the Fiscal Year 2008 Defense Authorization bill. According to John Isaacs, the Senate is expected to continue consideration of the Defense Authorization bill this week, but it will also break for other bills, including a Continuing Resolution to keep the government going after October 1 because no appropriations bill have passed. Senators Lieberman and Kyl predicted that their amendment could come up for a vote tomorrow, perhaps following a vote on the Biden amendment supporting federalism in Iraq tomorrow morning. However, it remains unclear when the vote will actually occur as the Defense Authorization bill is going to be on and off the floor likely into next week.

Senator Kyl also said they would possibly change some of the language in the amendment to say that the resolution is not an authorization for use of force against Iran.

Senator Lieberman focused his remarks on the usual unsubstantiated claims regarding Iranians training and arming militias in Iraq. Meanwhile, Senator Kyl made the case that the full Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps should be named a terrorist organization and argued against only naming the Quds force as a terrorist entity. He said it would be like not holding the Mafia responsible for their actions, only their hit men.

Sen. Lamar Alexander asked for unanimous consent to be added as a co-sponsor to the bill.

[link to irannuclearwatch.blogspot.com]

White_Wolf_Anubis

User ID: 299520
United States
09/24/2007 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
so who's now the "terrorist country"?...well...clearly not iran...
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/24/2007 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mods...don't you think Congressional authorization of war with Iran falls in the "this is important enough to pin" category??

Thanks!

TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/24/2007 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: White_Wolf_Anubis

Indeed.

TexasT
User ID: 210032
United States
09/24/2007 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm on it, hon.

We primaried that a-hole lieberman but he was re-elected by republicans. Chickenhawk warmonger.

I'll call other senators, though. As you know, ours are box-turtle cornyn and kaybee. does no good to call them.
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/24/2007 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm on it, hon.

We primaried that a-hole lieberman but he was re-elected by republicans. Chickenhawk warmonger.

I'll call other senators, though. As you know, ours are box-turtle cornyn and kaybee. does no good to call them.
 Quoting: TexasT 210032

Thanks, TexasT! I am busy disseminating the info now and hope others will do the same - e-mails to everyone in your address book, posts to boards and groups, etc. - we need this info and call to action to quickly go viral (I believe is the correct terminology).

We (as the collective people) allowed Iraq to slip through our fingers without protest; we banded and responded to Amnesty, and we can do the same with authorization for war with Iran.

Although it seems futile, we must, must, must continue to raise our voices...whether it be on the phone, in an office or in the streets.

As you know, ours are box-turtle cornyn and kaybee. does no good to call them.
 Quoting: TexasT 210032

True, oh, so true, but I experience this unusual satisfaction of wearing out their staffers with phone calls. ;-)

To everyone, please spread the info and the request.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 302889
United States
09/24/2007 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Liberman needs to be thrown down a fucking well. If he wants war so much why the fuck isn't he over there fighting?
féru.

User ID: 298172
Mexico
09/24/2007 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
wtf
  Enki was the real engineer of the human race. He was the Sumerian god of science, engineering, magic, strategy, music, and lovemaking
susano
User ID: 284299
United States
09/24/2007 11:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I took a quick through the amendment, and I can't see where it authorizes war on Iran, only going after Iranian proxies in Iraq. I thought Bush had ALREADY declared the Republican Guard a terrorist org in a recent executive order.

Am I missing something? Help me out so I can post this around, accurately.
Jael
User ID: 302972
United States
09/24/2007 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
To the comrades of MoveOn.org in this thread, I think we should attack Iran as soon as possible. The big mouth from Iran is here and says that they want to wipe Israel off the map. They also have their sights set on America and Europe. Yes, the good old USA should attack Iran; the sooner the better. If many of you out there think it won't work, then maybe our government should draft all the big mouths on these forums and elsewhere into one of the branches of service. The more fighting men and women we have in the military, the stronger and better we will be.

The better idea for the worried worts from MoveOn.org is TO PRAY AND LET GOD TAKE CARE OF IT.
susano
United States
09/25/2007 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
POSTED ON BEHALF OF TX PATRIOT WHO JUST GOT BANNED (dunno why)

I have just read the entire Amendment 3017. The language presents a case for Iranian INFLUENCE in Iraq through claimed weapons supplies, monetary support and training in Iran. In the four page and 15 itemized finding, never once was it mentioned that Iran was operating inside Iraq. The findings only support Iran aiding Iraq's Shi'a militia through the above means...very similar to what the US does with its allies (ummm...Israel).

If Iran is not in Iraq, then why do we need an amendment to use "all instruments of United States national power" including "military instruments" against Iran only in Iraq (item b3)?

If Iran is not in Iraq, wouldn't the amendment be written to use all instruments against Shi'a militia and Heezbollah (if present)?

If one is to believe the amendment authorizes force against Iran ONLY in Iraq, then, quite technically, the manner in which this amendment is written supports the use of all US national power instruments against the actual weaponry and money provided by Iran found in Iraq, against individuals "trained' by Iran (in a battle, are we going to stop and ask questions before shooting) AND against any FUTURE physical Iranian presence in Iraq. (We are going to authorize force just in case they arrive. Seriously, do you think we do this for everyone? //sarcasm: - Are you from Iran? Bang. Are you from Turkey? Well, we haven't authorized for against you so you can go. sarcasm off//)

In fact, the second article I posted states that Kyl acknowledges the language in its current state indicates use of force against Iran. "Use of force", "war", "conflict"...irrespective of the semantics, the result is the same.

Others may disagree, but I honestly believe this is authorization for "war" on Iran. Remember, we never declared war on Iraq; there was only a resolution of force, but where did we end up?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 303003
United States
09/25/2007 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jew Lieberman
Jew Kyl
fuck those assholes butt butt

Let's attack Israel. Then we won't have to fight their enemies for them. Israel is the enemy. Fuck them in the ass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 142537
United States
09/25/2007 09:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Scrawny" Joe Lieberman couldn't attack his way out of a paper bag.

Did you see the picture of Lieberman with his army helmet on, in the Baghdad market? He looked like Barney Fife.
FreeFlow

User ID: 51202
Austria
09/25/2007 09:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lie-derman is one the worst war wankers and a disgrace for the US ....
I am here to challenge your indoctrinated false belief that flaming queens don't use shovels ...
dsoul

User ID: 302342
United States
09/25/2007 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for posting and alerting us.
FreeFlow

Austria
09/25/2007 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
POSTED ON BEHALF OF TX PATRIOT WHO JUST GOT BANNED (dunno why)

Quoting: susano 284299

Most likely by the autoban bot cause of too many posts in a row which prevents spammers, ask, tell him to email a mod ...
I am here to challenge your indoctrinated false belief that flaming queens don't use shovels ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 83389
United States
09/25/2007 09:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

stfu
Divinity

User ID: 303100
Spain
09/25/2007 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
keeping bumping this..............
"Aether is a Quantum 2 Spin Rotating Magnetic Field that encapsulates Primary Angular Momentum and via Tensegrity forms Matter with resulting Quantum 1/2 spin.

"PHI is the direct result and first Ratio produced by this arrangement as it Cycles." Junglelord, www.thunderbolts.info
Here comes the Golden Age.

"Thought being a given is the first assertion of self-awareness; the remaining truth is simply "I am, therefore there is". Self and other, subject and object." Eyeam

"Remember me as I AM." My Brother
wing-ed

User ID: 281371
United States
09/25/2007 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Praise The Holy Of Holy :: You keep discussing the upcoming war from the earthly view , that is why it is so confusing ! Everyone is pointing their finger at everyone else to say they are the reason !! Take a breath , Revelations says's three vial [evil] spirits will deceive the kings of the world to meet in that great battle of Armageddon ! These were the visions shown to Danial !! Guess what ,it is going to happen !! Just as sure is Heaven and Hell ! This war was lost at the garden and won at the cross , now its just a matter of what side you choose to be on !! Me I'm on the winning team, Saved by the Lamb:: Amen witch side will you finish on !!!!!! This shall even be a sign to the Jews !
Holy, holy,holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.Praise the one who gives you peace beyond all understanding Yes that scripture still sounds good !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 194708
Brazil
09/25/2007 09:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

ditto

bump
FreeFlow

Austria
09/25/2007 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
So wing-ed you support a war only cause the scripts say it must happen? You're kind of proposing a weird sheepish behavior.

Just think about who is confusing humans with all this cryptic stuff?
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/25/2007 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/25/2007 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The big mouth from Iran is here and says that they want to wipe Israel off the map.
 Quoting: Jael 302972

Jael, your statement, which is presented to incite anger against Iran, is inaccurate. Please see below. In fact, on several occasions, Ahmadinejad has made exceptionally clear distinctions between Israel and Zionists - a "country" / land vs. a regime.

"WIPED OFF THE MAP" - The Rumor of the Century

According to legend, Iran's President has threatened to destroy Israel, or, to quote the misquote, "Israel must be wiped off the map". Contrary to popular belief, this statement was never made, as the following article will prove.

THE ACTUAL QUOTE:

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in farsi:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "Regime", pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"? The answer is: nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh", is not contained anywhere in his original farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's President threatened to "wipe Israel off the map", despite never having uttered the words "map", "wipe out" or even "Israel".

THE PROOF:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

---------------

The above provided by a GLP member, FreeFlow, in this recent thread:

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/25/2007 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump for awareness of events in the Senate in case anyone would like to take action.

If not, once it kicks off, I certainly do not want to hear whining, moaning and complaining about the negative economic, physical, security and political impact of WWIII from my fellow countrymen and women who refuse to take action now.

TX.Patriot (OP)
United States
09/25/2007 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was finally able to get through to a breathing person at Hutchison's office today. He wanted to argue the point that Iran was killing our soldiers. When I countered with the fact that there has been zero proof of Iran's physical presence in Iraq and further that the Patraeus' findings only indicate Iran providing weapons, money and training to insurgents (in other words, Iraqi citizens against the occupation).

I asked the staffer to describe to me the difference between Iran's actions to assist Iraq and the exact same US actions to assist Saddam and Iraq against Iran (in the Iran-Iraq War). The staffer was speechless and told me he would document my sentiments and provide the information to Senator Hutchison.

Hypocrites we are...all the way to WWIII.

And to the poster discussing MoveOn.org, I am not a left wing, liberal democrat. I, personally, am an independent conservative who is against this continued occupation of a sovereign nation.

We would be fighting like hell just as the Iraqis are if a country was occupying our land.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
09/25/2007 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 303469
Puerto Rico
09/25/2007 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
susano
United States
09/25/2007 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
My experience with my reps is they just lie to me by assuring how much tey value my call/email, then keep right on with treason.

GLP