Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,093 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 884,402
Pageviews Today: 1,594,304Threads Today: 529Posts Today: 11,311
03:46 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Missing Hikers..Attacked by Alien..Real case......

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 859037
United States
01/27/2010 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Missing Hikers..Attacked by Alien..Real case......
Ok, I CAN'T believe I'm saying this but, I can't disprove the authenticity of this video. There IS in fact a "Tacoma County" so for those who say there aren't are in correct ( [link to www.newbornpix.com] OR ( [link to www.google.com]

(Please at the very least, read the last paragraph)!

I work in film (nothing real major but I've done my share), but I have worked with some of the biggest production companies creating SPX, CGI, Photoshop etc... The recorder used in this video makes it extremely hard to create a truly believable photoshop/CGI opportunity. The sound created by the impact is perfect and going through over 100 still images, there's no sign of altering.

HOWEVER - What doesn't add up is when the creature "attacks". It does appear to jump out from behind the rock and not from the crack. Although that's extremely hard to truly tell for sure.

I'm not saying I believe this is a real video, but I am saying that if it's a hoax that it's truly one of the best ever made. There's no changes in the quality of the video, no 'hiccups' of any kind and if you take the time to break it down in to still images, it's truly amazing.

As I'm writing this I just received a call back from a friend who works for Sony, who does miracles with CGI and he was dumbfounded as well. This is either THE best hoax EVER created or it's the real deal.

I'm only about 90 minutes away from Tacoma and will do some further research. Has anyone tried calling the number at the end of the video or searched for the individuals online at all?

I JUST setup an email address for anyone willing to dig further in to this with me. If it's real, then WOW. If it's a hoax then WOW (still). I have created "hoax" UFO & alien videos (actually almost got in BIG trouble for one such video. It actually made the news - oops lol). It's VERY hard to believe something like this would happen, but if you know A LOT about CGI, photoshop AND creating fake videos with a primitive camera as they were using, you'd know that this is an extremely amazing hoax (if it's a hoax).

The email I set up is [email protected] - PLEASE email me with ANY additional still photos you may have taken from the video and/or ANY other info/research you've conducted. This is EXTREMELY important to me, even if it's a hoax and I GREATLY appreciate the help!

You make a lot of claims, my dear. Please establish your credentials before anyone wastes their time responding to you.
 Quoting: XPMarksthe

I don't need to prove anything to anyone for what I'm asking. I merely stated some facts - IF it's a hoax then it's truly an amazing one! ANYONE who truly knows CGI & photoshop can agree with that. How about you release YOUR personal information on GLP? Is that REALLY fair to ask someone to do? I think not!

I'd just like to look in to this in greater depth, and it sounds like others have still images and some information. What's wrong with getting those who ARE interested in this story (whether they believe it or not) and sharing information to shed some light on it? Tell me - what the hell am I doing wrong by asking that? What wild claims have I made? I know a TON about CGI, photoshop, and special effects - WOW, stop the presses lol. I'm sure there's hundreds of people on GLP who are greatly knowledgeable in those areas. Yes, I have worked in the film industry, but as I said, nothing major.

I just don't see the need to start attacking someone for having an interest in this story. What's wrong with trying to get other who want to know the truth together so we can share all information?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 216911
Australia
01/27/2010 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
YEH ALRIGHT STICK IT TO THESE BRAINWASHING THUGS

WE ARE NOT ALONE

EITHER DOG

HUMANS HAVE LOGIC
SOMETHING WE DO NOT SHARE WITH YOUR KIND
MR. E
United States
01/27/2010 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
For what it's worth, here is a PARTIAL list of the software I use on nearly a daily basis...

MAYA
SOFTIMAGE XSI
3D MAX
HOUDINI
CINEMA 4D
LIGHTWAVE
VisionLab Studio
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro
PhotoShop CS4

Like I said, would YOU share your personal information on GLP? I think not, so why ask me to? I have done special effects on two fairly large films (only partial, I'm not claiming to be THE guy!). I have made over 30 indie films, with 12 of them being sci-fi and have made over 100 personal videos including an alien hoax video that was meant as a joke but almost landed me in jail. So yeah, like MANY people on GLP, I have a LOT of knowledge dealing with this type of video. I hope this is good enough for you and anyone else.

I also work with green-screens pretty much daily.

Again, I'm just REALLY impressed by this video - hoax or not and want to speak with anyone else who is as impressed or searching for answers as well!
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/27/2010 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.newbornpix.com]
THIS IS A LINK TO A MEDIA VAULT THEY CLAM AND THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DID NOT MAKE THIS IF YOU ACTUALLY OPEN YOUR EYES

Show me where, exactly, on that page that the media company claims they didn't make the fake vid?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 824668

YEH LIKE YOUR THE ONES WHO CANT READ
CANT FIND READING GLASSES BIG ENOUGH FOR THEM EYES

LOL

NOW CLICK ON ABOUT US AND SCROLL FOWARD EVERYBODY

AND OH INSULTING MY LABQUAGE SKILL ONLY SHOWS YOU FOR WHOM YOU TRULY ARE
THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME TOOL ITS ABOUT TRUTH
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/27/2010 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
MR E DONT BE LED ASTRAY BY THESE VERY TALENTED THROW YOU OFFS
KEEP SEARCHING AND STAY REAL BROTHER PEACE

UNITED WE STAND DEVIDED WE FALL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 855052
United States
01/27/2010 11:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's how we can determine it's a hoax: it's clearly cgi.
xamo
User ID: 833641
United States
01/27/2010 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is not a hoax.
I got an video with creature just like this.

[link to www.youtube.com]
MR. E
United States
01/27/2010 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 216911

Thanks - Like I said, I'm NOT saying I believe the video is real, just that it's extremely impressive. Sure, it's very easy to automatically say it's CGI or photoshop but in reality it's NOT so simple. I don't know what kind of equipment was used to shoot this video, but it's pretty run-of-the-line, basic equipment. The easiest way to create such a hoax is either with footage that's so crappy and grainy where you don't have to do much work in creating the hoax due to the poor quality to being with. The other easiest way is obviously with state-of-the-art equipment where you can create pretty much anything you want, since just about everything is HD these days.

So many people keep saying CGI - Tell me how it was done with this equipment then? Where's the "smoking gun" that PROVES it's CGI?

Bottom line is that it's an extremely impressive video hoax or not! I've run several tests on the sound of the impact and cross referenced it to over 30 impacts, both natural & studio created. It's driving me crazy because the impact sound it damn near perfect (meaning not fake). I've analyzed the stills and can't find a single piece of evidence that points to CGI or photoshop, with the exception of where the "creature" jumps out, but it's too hard to tell if it was from the rock or behind. The smoke is real, there's no CGI used there, which I understand doesn't mean much except for the fact that the smoke is coming from the rock itself. It's not coming from just on top of the rock or beneath the rock.

If it's real it's mind blowing. If it's a hoax, it's still mind blowing and I really appreciate the work.

The people who keep insisting there isn't a "tacoma county" anywhere in the United States are complete and utter morons. Sorry, it had to be said!
MR. E
United States
01/28/2010 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'd like to point out that there is also ZERO exif data. If there was any photoshop work done there would be some sort of exif data traceable. Yes, I know exif data is primarily for photography but there's also zero -

Frame counts
Bit rates
Audio codec
Video codec

Care to explain that????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 820306
United States
01/28/2010 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is such a blatant hoax! The acting is horrendous. Why didn't you get to see the creature better? Don't waste our time with this b.s.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/28/2010 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'd like to point out that there is also ZERO exif data. If there was any photoshop work done there would be some sort of exif data traceable. Yes, I know exif data is primarily for photography but there's also zero -

Frame counts
Bit rates
Audio codec
Video codec

Care to explain that????
 Quoting: MR. E 859037

This just about completely wipes out the chance of photoshop. Yes, there could still be CGI & other video tampering but until someone can show me where or how then I suggest keeping an open mind.
MR. E
United States
01/28/2010 12:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is such a blatant hoax! The acting is horrendous. Why didn't you get to see the creature better? Don't waste our time with this b.s.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 820306

What's blatant about it? What kind of equipment are you using? Let me guess, you've only seen it on YouTube and don't have any programs/software to break it down. True, it MAY be a hoax but a blatant one - not a chance.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
User ID: 824668

You're an idiot. Just give it a rest. And stop posting in "ALL CAPS". Just proves how much of an idiot you are. We give you tons of proof that it's fake but you still sit there, with your blinders on, and refuse to listen to reason. You're pathetic.
OMFG ROTFLMFAO SUNSHINE SORRY IF THAT UPSETS YOUR WOLRD CONTROL READ IT AND WEEP AS FOR PROOF

"YOU HAVE SO LITTLE KINDA LIKE YOUR LAME ASS SOUL":

AS FOR THE CAPS THEY ARE MELTING ANYHOW BOY DIDNT REALIZE THAT I WAS ANY LOUDER IN YOUR FUCKING CYBER EARHOLE

YOU SOUND LIKE A PUPPET WITH AN ALIEN UP YOUR REAR PROBING
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE RED PILL NERD
PUT THAT IN YOUR ASTEROID AND SMOKE IT
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Frame counts
Bit rates
Audio codec
Video codec

Care to explain that????

This just about completely wipes out the chance of photoshop. Yes, there could still be CGI & other video tampering but until someone can show me where or how then I suggest keeping an open mind.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 859037

READ READ READ RAED READ THIS READ READ READ

EVERYBODY PAY CLOSE ATTENTION

THIS QUOTE NEEDS TO BE HIGHLIGHTENED

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING NOT IN THE CHEFS RECIPE
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks - Like I said, I'm NOT saying I believe the video is real, just that it's extremely impressive. Sure, it's very easy to automatically say it's CGI or photoshop but in reality it's NOT so simple. I don't know what kind of equipment was used to shoot this video, but it's pretty run-of-the-line, basic equipment. The easiest way to create such a hoax is either with footage that's so crappy and grainy where you don't have to do much work in creating the hoax due to the poor quality to being with. The other easiest way is obviously with state-of-the-art equipment where you can create pretty much anything you want, since just about everything is HD these days.

So many people keep saying CGI - Tell me how it was done with this equipment then? Where's the "smoking gun" that PROVES it's CGI?

Bottom line is that it's an extremely impressive video hoax or not! I've run several tests on the sound of the impact and cross referenced it to over 30 impacts, both natural & studio created. It's driving me crazy because the impact sound it damn near perfect (meaning not fake). I've analyzed the stills and can't find a single piece of evidence that points to CGI or photoshop, with the exception of where the "creature" jumps out, but it's too hard to tell if it was from the rock or behind. The smoke is real, there's no CGI used there, which I understand doesn't mean much except for the fact that the smoke is coming from the rock itself. It's not coming from just on top of the rock or beneath the rock.

If it's real it's mind blowing. If it's a hoax, it's still mind blowing and I really appreciate the work.

The people who keep insisting there isn't a "tacoma county" anywhere in the United States are complete and utter morons. Sorry, it had to be said!
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

SO LISTEN UP AND LISTEN WELL

Ok, I CAN'T believe I'm saying this but, I can't disprove the authenticity of this video. There IS in fact a "Tacoma County" so for those who say there aren't are in correct ( [link to www.newbornpix.com] OR ( [link to www.google.com]

I work in film (nothing real major but I've done my share), but I have worked with some of the biggest production companies creating SPX, CGI, Photoshop etc... The recorder used in this video makes it extremely hard to create a truly believable photoshop/CGI opportunity. The sound created by the impact is perfect and going through over 100 still images, there's no sign of altering.

HOWEVER - What doesn't add up is when the creature "attacks". It does appear to jump out from behind the rock and not from the crack. Although that's extremely hard to truly tell for sure.

I'm not saying I believe this is a real video, but I am saying that if it's a hoax that it's truly one of the best ever made. There's no changes in the quality of the video, no 'hiccups' of any kind and if you take the time to break it down in to still images, it's truly amazing.

As I'm writing this I just received a call back from a friend who works for Sony, who does miracles with CGI and he was dumbfounded as well. This is either THE best hoax EVER created or it's the real deal.

I'm only about 90 minutes away from Tacoma and will do some further research. Has anyone tried calling the number at the end of the video or searched for the individuals online at all?

I JUST setup an email address for anyone willing to dig further in to this with me. If it's real, then WOW. If it's a hoax then WOW (still). I have created "hoax" UFO & alien videos (actually almost got in BIG trouble for one such video. It actually made the news - oops lol). It's VERY hard to believe something like this would happen, but if you know A LOT about CGI, photoshop AND creating fake videos with a primitive camera as they were using, you'd know that this is an extremely amazing hoax (if it's a hoax).

The email I set up is [email protected] - PLEASE email me with ANY additional still photos you may have taken from the video and/or ANY other info/research you've conducted. This is EXTREMELY important to me, even if it's a hoax and I GREATLY appreciate the help!

You make a lot of claims, my dear. Please establish your credentials before anyone wastes their time responding to you.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone for what I'm asking. I merely stated some facts - IF it's a hoax then it's truly an amazing one! ANYONE who truly knows CGI & photoshop can agree with that. How about you release YOUR personal information on GLP? Is that REALLY fair to ask someone to do? I think not!

I'd just like to look in to this in greater depth, and it sounds like others have still images and some information. What's wrong with getting those who ARE interested in this story (whether they believe it or not) and sharing information to shed some light on it? Tell me - what the hell am I doing wrong by asking that? What wild claims have I made? I know a TON about CGI, photoshop, and special effects - WOW, stop the presses lol. I'm sure there's hundreds of people on GLP who are greatly knowledgeable in those areas. Yes, I have worked in the film industry, but as I said, nothing major.

I just don't see the need to start attacking someone for having an interest in this story. What's wrong with trying to get other who want to know the truth together so we can share all information?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 859037
MR. E
United States
01/28/2010 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Can we at least agree on one thing? Hoax or not, it's a damn impressive video!

The video I made that almost got me thrown in jail was a classic lol. There's a Christmas tree farm near my home and we created a "creature" chasing my fiancee through the trees (she had the camera, which was a cheap fuji camera that took video as well). We left the camera in the tree farm as we knew people walked through there all the time. The "creature" wasn't overly visible and it turned out that the person who found the camera thought it was a person in disguise and turned it in to the police. Mind you, this was a prank that went horribly wrong. It was meant to be a publicity stunt for a short film we shot that was entered in to a local film festival. We nearly shit when we saw the video on the local news, with a phone number for people to call if they had any information. I immediately called the police and told them the truth but boy they didn't see the humor in it at all lol.

I had to pay a $2500 fine and got 3 months probation lol. It was a rockin' video though lol. I've got some cool photographs with "UFOs" that are pretty damn flawless as well. Fooled a lot of people with those but sure as hell won't be using them for any publicity stunts ever lol. I've got videos of "ghosts" and a "UFO" video that actually give me chills when I see them, even though they are fake lol.

I can't even imagine if this video is a hoax and these people are hiding out. The man hours spent searching for them and all the years that have past, be more than a slap on the wrist like I got.

Thing that REALLY sucks is - I've got an idea for another video that could probably make national or world news but alas, I've learned my lesson. The police just don't find the humor and can't appreciate good wholesome fun lol.
MR. E
United States
01/28/2010 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

SO LISTEN UP AND LISTEN WELL

Why do you keep quoting me but not saying anything lol? Am I missing something? Are you agreeing with what I have to say or not?

I'm a video nerd and it's my passion. There's not too many of these types of videos that I can really respect but this one is awesome. If it's a hoax I would love to talk to them, they deserve a job in Hollywood for sure! I'm not saying I can get them a job in Hollywood, because I can't. I'd certainly hire them to work on some of my stuff though!

I know I sound like a broken record and I apologize, but the sound of the impact really gets me. At first I thought it was way too quiet for an object of that size but after studying it and duplicating extremely loud bangs & crashes on everyday video equipment, it wouldn't play back louder than it did.

I'm still waiting for these people who just know it's blatant CGI & photoshop to show me where & how!
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the Alien speeking, be carful what you say you may be NEXT! Yum Yum Yum
 Quoting: The Alien 552374

I EAT ALIEN FOR BREAKFAST YUM YUM YUM
WE ARE NOT THE ONLY THINGS ON THE MENU MY LIL GREY SANDWITCH STEAK
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
kentucky fried alien yeh ill give that a go
MR. E
United States
01/28/2010 03:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok... Guess this is a dead topic now lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 548017
United States
01/28/2010 03:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why don't you contact Efram Potelle or Kyle Rankin? They both appear to be working in Hollywood.

Or you could check out the pictures available online of the actress Karen Zumsteg from the video. She seems to be alive and well and has appeared in other projects since them.

[link to www.imdb.com]
[link to www.imdb.com]
[link to www.imdb.com]
MR. E

United States
01/28/2010 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why don't you contact Efram Potelle or Kyle Rankin? They both appear to be working in Hollywood.

Or you could check out the pictures available online of the actress Karen Zumsteg from the video. She seems to be alive and well and has appeared in other projects since them.

[link to www.imdb.com]
[link to www.imdb.com]
[link to www.imdb.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 548017

How do you know those are the people? I don't see anything that supports that at all. I'm not being a jerk, just want to know what I'm missing is all.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 06:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
thanks mr e and yes i agree wholeheartedly this cannot be fobbed of to lightly
its what big dollars that has been thrown away at the expess of what a hoax ?seems odd
and yet its is very clean
flawless
everybody has a link to someone they claim are the actors
yet this type of evidence holds very little credibility
i mean surely these actors could publicly admit it on youtube
dont you think?
it would never been accepted in a court of law anywhere as solid evidence

now come on guys if you are certain its a hoax
give me something solid namely a live feed confession from the actors in question surely someone in the feild of interest could arrange this with funding if thats what it would take

in this day and age with the advent of communication very suspious
it only adds to the authenticity
are they going for longest recorded hoax guines book o records ?

has anyone even considered approching this person Kyle Rankin in person and get a quick cell phone confession maybe urge him to publicly confess and yo make sure you get a date reference on that people
well thanks for thinking twice tho i believe i shall pay close attention tro this story
peace all
and dont play with asteroids
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 06:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
oh and mr e i keep quoting you because you have the most insight here having extensive fx knowledge i consider you comments valuable to the uneducated in such matters
well done to you sir for having the balls to submit your findings and reconsider the matter more we need some hard evidence here right
and it would seem quite easy to close this case here and now were the perpetrators personally made to publically confess but no show in so long
makes you uneasy
Henry Fnord

User ID: 548017
United States
01/28/2010 06:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
How do you know those are the people? I don't see anything that supports that at all. I'm not being a jerk, just want to know what I'm missing is all.

Here's the webpage from the 2005 film festival listing the premier of this "mockumentary":

[link to www.fantasiafestival.com]

You will note that it includes credits for screenwriter, director (Kyle Rankin & Efram Potelle) and actors (Kyle Rankin, Karen Zumsteg)

I already posted the Internet Movie Data Base links for Rankin and Potelle.

There are numerous other sites identifying them as the makers of this short and they have other industry credits as well.

Here's two pictures of Karen Zumsteg next to each other--one a clip from the "Case" short in question, one a head shot:

[link to media.photobucket.com]

Here's her IMDB page again:

[link to www.imdb.com]

The same girl as in the video and pictured alive after it was made.

Last Edited by Henry Fnord on 01/28/2010 06:16 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 876192
United Kingdom
01/28/2010 06:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry i forgot. heres links to still of the craft.

[link to img.photobucket.com]

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 303117

its fake,how come all the dudes that make films like this think the alien craft hits the ground like that sore head dead aliens in side,fuck me arse holes at work.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 06:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
oh mr e give me some feed back on this if you can
this has been uploaded recently

[link to www.youtube.com]

has a very real feel to it also and i see odd things in the video when slowed down but im no expert on film analysis
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/28/2010 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
enough with the photo links

for some it is not reliable or significant enough get the live public confession and then get on your high horse

GLP