User ID: 383637
United States
03/02/2008 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The Book Of Enoch
[link to www.heaven.net.nz]

Read The Book of Enoch here [link to www.heaven.net.nz]

Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:13-14, ESV)

Introduction to the Book of Enoch

Click here to read the The Book of Enoch now.

We first learn of Enoch in Genesis 5 but it leaves us with questions. Hebrews 11 has the answers and Jude quotes Enoch! How did Jude come to know the words of Enoch? They are not in the Bible. The answer of course, is The Book of Enoch. A book which is actually quoted not only by Jude, but also James the natural brother of Jesus.

The quote in (Jude 14-15) & (1 Enoch 1:9) is as follows: "In the seventh (generation) from Adam Enoch also prophesied these things, saying: 'Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners spoke against him'."

What is the Book of Enoch and where did it come from?
Enoch was the grandfather of Noah. The Book of Enoch chapter 68:1 "And after that my grandfather Enoch gave me all the secrets in the book and in the parables which had been given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book of the parables." This makes it possible for the Book to have survived the flood as its not too hard to accept that Noah would have taken his Great Grandfathers writings with him onto the ark.

The Book of Enoch was extant centuries before the birth of Christ and yet is considered by many to be more Christian in its theology than Jewish. It was considered scripture by many early Christians. The earliest literature of the so-called "Church Fathers" is filled with references to this mysterious book. The early second century "Epistle of Barnabus" makes much use of the Book of Enoch. Second and Third Century "Church Fathers" like Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Origin and Clement of Alexandria all make use of the Book of Enoch. Tertullian (160-230 C.E) even called the Book of Enoch "Holy Scripture". The Ethiopic Church even added the Book of Enoch to its official canon. It was widely known and read the first three centuries after Christ. This and many other books became discredited after the Council of Laodicea. And being under ban of the authorities, afterwards it gradually passed out of circulation.

At about the time of the Protestant Reformation, there came to be a renewed interest in the Book of Enoch which had long since been lost to the modern world. By the late 1400's rumors began to spread that somewhere a copy of the long lost Book of Enoch might still exist. During this time many books arose claiming to be the long lost book and were later found to be forgeries.

The return of the long lost Book of Enoch to the modern western world is credited to the famous explorer James Bruce, who in 1773 returned from six years in Abyssinia with three Ethiopic copies of the lost book. In 1821 Richard Laurence published the first English translation. The famous R.H. Charles edition was published in 1912. In the following years several portions of the Greek text surfaced. Then with the discovery of cave 4 of the Dead Sea Scrolls, seven fragmentary copies of the Aramaic text were discovered.

The Book of Enoch is divided into five basic parts, but it is the The Book of Parables (37-71) which gives scholars the most trouble for it is primarily concerned with a figure called "the messiah"; "the righteous one"; "the chosen one" and "the son of man."
Chapter 46:1-2 [1] There I beheld the Ancient of days whose head was like white wool, and with him another, whose countenance resembled that of a man. His countenance was full of grace, like that of one of the holy angels. Then I inquired of one of the angels, who went with me, and who showed me every secret thing, concerning this Son of man; who he was; whence he was; and why he accompanied the Ancient of days. [2] He answered and said to me, This is the Son of man, to whom righteousness belongs; with whom righteousness has dwealt; and who will reveal all the treasures of that which is concealed: for the Lord of spirits has chosen him; and his portion has surpassed all before the Lord of spirits in everlasting uprightness."

The opening verses of the Book of Enoch tell us that the revelations in this book were not meant for Enoch's generation, rather a remote generation, and of course the book would make more sense to the generations after Christ. We know that the early Church made use of the Book of Enoch, but it was then all but lost, until recent times. Perhaps this book was meant for our generation, as it is widely available today after being concealed for over a millennia.

(Enoch 1:1-3) The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

Read The Book of Enoch here [link to www.heaven.net.nz]

or participate in a discussion about the Book of Enoch.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 298610
United States
03/02/2008 12:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The Book Of Enoch
I forget about the book of Enoch....very interesting, especially the part about the 'remote times to come'.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 291612
United States
03/02/2008 01:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read it and the Book of Jasher. Deep stuff and I found no collision with scripture...
IDDO the PROPHET
User ID: 383761
United States
03/02/2008 01:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
LITERALLY JEDI (JADDAI) the PROPHET'S ANNALS!!!!
NABI JADDAI
User ID: 383761
United States
03/02/2008 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
LITERALLY JEDI (JADDAI) the PROPHET'S ANNALS!!!!
 Quoting: IDDO the PROPHET 383761

bump Idol1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 272356
United States
03/29/2008 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 399139
United States
03/29/2008 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
did jah read it?

did jah, huh?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 403236
United States
03/29/2008 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks EWO! I'm reading it!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 404615
United States
04/01/2008 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have read it several times. You can see its effect in the Old And new Testament. Also the Dead sea scrolls Have the book of Enoch in them but their under lock and key owned by the Mossad and the Rockefeller foundation. They have confirmed the the Ethiopian books are the same as in the Dead Sea Scrolls.they refuse to transcribe most of the Dead Sea Scrolls or let any body near them for obvious reasons.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 390230
Germany
04/01/2008 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Book of Enoch is a gnostic book. Enoch did not write it.
Phosphoros

User ID: 412230
India
04/10/2008 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
You can see its effect in the Old And new Testament. Also the Dead sea scrolls have the book of Enoch in them... They have confirmed the Ethiopian books are the same as in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 404615

The Calendar lacking in the Biblical Canon is here found also.

It is even surmised that a place like and near the famed Stonehenge is where Enoch ascended to!
he who is overcoming, and who is keeping unto the end my works, I will give to him -- as I also have received from my Father; and I will give to him THE BRIGHT MORNING STAR. He who is having an ear -- let him hear what the Spirit saith to the assemblies.
erimia
User ID: 116503
United States
04/10/2008 03:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read this story. It is the tale of a man who had personal experience with HAARP in Alaska and amazingly, it links finally to the prophecies of the Queen of Sheba, the Book of Enoch and some places in America where petroglyphs are found that 'just by coincidence', are lately being taken over and shut off to the public by the military. The writing in some of the petroglyphs of interest is exactly of the same type as that found in Yemen, the old country of that fabled queen. Curiouser and curiouser. She warned of a hole in the sky.

The story, I found at Viewzone, which is certain to bring a laugh from some, but for those who are familiar with Enoch and with the recent excavations and discoveries in Yemen, this will be more than just a joke and pastime for bored GLP'ers. Here:
[link to www.mondovista.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 411420
United States
04/10/2008 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Read this story. It is the tale of a man who had personal experience with HAARP in Alaska and amazingly, it links finally to the prophecies of the Queen of Sheba, the Book of Enoch and some places in America where petroglyphs are found that 'just by coincidence', are lately being taken over and shut off to the public by the military. The writing in some of the petroglyphs of interest is exactly of the same type as that found in Yemen, the old country of that fabled queen. Curiouser and curiouser. She warned of a hole in the sky.

The story, I found at Viewzone, which is certain to bring a laugh from some, but for those who are familiar with Enoch and with the recent excavations and discoveries in Yemen, this will be more than just a joke and pastime for bored GLP'ers. Here:
[link to www.mondovista.com]
 Quoting: erimia 116503

Thanks for the link, I've saved it and will read it when I've rested! hf
Maha Asthma
User ID: 375748
Slovakia
04/10/2008 05:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Erimia (ID 116 503), please, may I ask You to give me some more info regarding the excavations in Yemen (lionk?). Thank you!
DARTH SCHLANGIBUS MAXIMUS
User ID: 276066
United States
04/10/2008 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
I BUILT AN ENOCHIAN TEMPLE NEAR HILO, HAWAII IN 2003 bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 368516
United States
04/11/2008 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Think the movie "The Ruins" is a psychological brainwashing to make people fear ruins if they begin to be discovered everywhere?
Queen

User ID: 279635
United States
04/11/2008 03:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
I forget about the book of Enoch....very interesting, especially the part about the 'remote times to come'.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 298610

I'll need to read this fully later, Thank you for the info.
It is time to awaken to your real purpose. It is all up to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 413101
Hungary
04/11/2008 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Parts of the book are rather dubious.

I wouldn't put muich stock in its being completely authentic.
ninigiku

User ID: 411978
United States
04/11/2008 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
ok, so jacob saw a "ladder" reaching up from the earth and into the heavens?
there is alot more to the story than that.

enochian angel stuff is actually based on something that is more relevant than most people will ever understand, but i'm not really into it.
go to the sumerian sources (with sitchins help), and figure it out for yourself.
WARNING: sitchin does not attempt to inform you of Earth's history past the point of 2000 BC.
the next two thousand years until Christ appeared are a whole different story.
this "story" might involve the disappearance of the Anunnaki-Nephalim... it might involve at least ONE of them remaining on Earth... which one is it, Marduk/Ra?
is he still alive?
perhaps he left when "jesus" did...

see these are questions.
sarcalogos solus redemptor
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 413101
Hungary
04/11/2008 03:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's mostly bogus.

There may exist a genuine article which is not available to the public.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's mostly bogus.

There may exist a genuine article which is not available to the public.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 413101

That's easy to say... What's bogus about it?
erimia
User ID: 90189
United States
04/11/2008 04:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Erimia (ID 116 503), please, may I ask You to give me some more info regarding the excavations in Yemen (lionk?). Thank you!
 Quoting: Maha Asthma 375748

Welln you can start here on the main page that linked to that story I brought in.
[link to www.viewzone.com]

Scroll down till you see on the right a picture of the Queen of Sheba carved in stone and an article or two linked under it - it's easy to notice. There are many photos and explanations there. Also, the 'viewzone' crew took a trip of their own to Yemen and there are good pictures with that article also.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 413333
Australia
04/11/2008 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
"'Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners spoke against him'."

Regarding this above quote......... Does this insinuate that we are destined to become GODS ?????????????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 355816
United States
04/11/2008 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's been a long time since I read the book of Enoch.

But, here is the real truth. The whole city was taken up. They were living the gospel of Jesus Christ and had no need to stay in mortality.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Genesis 6 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Genesis 6

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

17And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

19And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

22Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 412123
United States
04/11/2008 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
ewo I refuted your bogus enoch propaganda and u reply with bible verses not even referring to the topic. u are a fraud and God sees all
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
ewo I refuted your bogus enoch propaganda and u reply with bible verses not even referring to the topic. u are a fraud and God sees all
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 412123

What's the matter tard... don't know what the subject matter is?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 727519
Canada
07/14/2010 07:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 412123

lol this is the best Christian troll I've ever seen on here!
Christ, take me!
User ID: 998631
United States
07/14/2010 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Enoch is a fraud. There is a reason it was rejected by Christians world-wide. And NO I don't count Africa. So what i a bunch of Africans claim they have a secret book?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 673477
United States
07/14/2010 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Book of Enoch is a gnostic book. Enoch did not write it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 390230

Just because his name is on the book does not mean he wrote it douche-bag.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1028076
United States
07/14/2010 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
There are many wisdoms found in the Book of Enoch, I have studied it for several years now.

GLP