Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1036122
Israel
07/14/2010 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The Book Of Enoch
Parts of the book are rather dubious.

I wouldn't put muich stock in its being completely authentic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 413101

the Enoch you refer to are from Coptic egyptian and Slavic

sources

they are much later

They were never in Hebrew, but later works

The Hebrew Enoch texts are completely different in Character

These manuscripts for the most part are unpublished

never translated

They are much older
Angela

User ID: 979673
Canada
07/14/2010 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have always been puzzled as to how Noah gathered all the diverse creaturs from around the world to place in the Ark?
Has anyone else wondered about this?

"19And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive."
Shmoo

User ID: 1012074
United States
07/14/2010 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
10:20 God telling angels (Michael) to cleanse the earth from sin...not
Jesus? It is "..the blood of Jesus Christ His Son" that
"cleanses us from every sin." (1Jn1:7)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 412123

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God... and the Word became flesh and dwelt among men. John 1:1 and John 1:13 (or 14 I think)

God is Jesus. Jesus is God. They are the same being. Along with the Holy Ghost, they make up the Trinity, or the Godhead.
~formerly unregistered Orion~
No I Didn't !!

User ID: 513592
United States
07/14/2010 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
10:20 God telling angels (Michael) to cleanse the earth from sin...not
Jesus? It is "..the blood of Jesus Christ His Son" that
"cleanses us from every sin." (1Jn1:7)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God... and the Word became flesh and dwelt among men. John 1:1 and John 1:13 (or 14 I think)

God is Jesus. Jesus is God. They are the same being. Along with the Holy Ghost, they make up the Trinity, or the Godhead.
 Quoting: Shmoo

Ummmm.... so Jesus talked to Himself often???? Begged and cried to Himself???? Will sit on His OWN right hand????? I could go on and on....

Jesus IS God the Father's son... but there is NO way He is God. I'm not denying His Deity here - just trying to help you understand.
..."There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."...

"If your presence doesn't make an impact, then your absence won't make any difference!"
Spawn

User ID: 830932
United States
07/14/2010 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Read it and the Book of Jasher. Deep stuff and I found no collision with scripture...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 291612

Yeshua quoted from the book of Enoch. That's good enough for me.
....and whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK... no... don't do it... STOP!!!! I warned you....

[link to www.youtube.com]
NoWhereMan

User ID: 972534
United States
07/14/2010 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to urantiabook.org]
Cain married Remona, his distant cousin, and their first son, Enoch, became the head of the Elamite Nodites. And for hundreds of years the Elamites and the Adamites continued to be at peace.
 Quoting: PAPER 76: THE SECOND GARDEN

126:3.6 In the course of this year Jesus found a passage in the so-called Book of Enoch which influenced him in the later adoption of the term " Son of Man " as a designation for his bestowal mission.
 Quoting: PAPER 126: THE TWO CRUCIAL YEARS

They grasped the human concept of the Messiah as the son of David, as presented by the earlier prophets; as the Son of Man, the superhuman idea of Daniel and some of the later prophets; and even as the Son of God, as depicted by the author of the Book of Enoch and by certain of his contemporaries.
 Quoting: PAPER 136: BAPTISM AND THE FORTY DAYS

45:4.13 Enoch, the first of the mortals of Urantia to fuse with the Thought Adjuster during the mortal life in the flesh..
 Quoting: PAPER 45: THE LOCAL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION

if the salt loses its savor, with what shall it be salted? [link to urantiabook.org]
No I Didn't !!

United States
07/14/2010 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
So much has been hidden from us!! My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is very, very REAL in my life, as is God the Father (creator)and the Holy Spirit....so don't get me wrong - I try to live by every word out of Jesus' mouth, along with adhering to the Ten Commandments.

Problems arise when the truth has been usurped by greedy, power-hungry priests and politicians who want total control.

I'm sure there was a lot of that TRUTH destroyed at the burning of the Library of Alexandria. Maybe some TRUTH is filed away in the Vatican archives ???

I've read the Bible from cover to cover - try to do it EVERY year. There are some things that I struggle with and I've prayed and prayed about them. Many of my questions have been clarified for me, but there is ONE BIGGIE.

What is the mystery with BLOOD????? I hate the thought of my Lord having to BLEED and suffer for ME. I don't understand what BLOOD has to do with salvation. I don't understand the concept of why BLOOD had to be used in sacrifices at all!!!

I understand that BLOOD is considered the "life-force" and I know that scientific experiments have proven that the red blood cells retain a person's consciousness even when miles away from their origin. I even know that the DNA is in the BLOOD. I just don't understand why it's part of our salvation.

Can someone please help me here?
..."There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."...

"If your presence doesn't make an impact, then your absence won't make any difference!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 936261
Canada
07/14/2010 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.heaven.net.nz]

Read The Book of Enoch here [link to www.heaven.net.nz]

Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:13-14, ESV)

Introduction to the Book of Enoch

Click here to read the The Book of Enoch now.

We first learn of Enoch in Genesis 5 but it leaves us with questions. Hebrews 11 has the answers and Jude quotes Enoch! How did Jude come to know the words of Enoch? They are not in the Bible. The answer of course, is The Book of Enoch. A book which is actually quoted not only by Jude, but also James the natural brother of Jesus.

The quote in (Jude 14-15) & (1 Enoch 1:9) is as follows: "In the seventh (generation) from Adam Enoch also prophesied these things, saying: 'Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners spoke against him'."

What is the Book of Enoch and where did it come from?
Enoch was the grandfather of Noah. The Book of Enoch chapter 68:1 "And after that my grandfather Enoch gave me all the secrets in the book and in the parables which had been given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book of the parables." This makes it possible for the Book to have survived the flood as its not too hard to accept that Noah would have taken his Great Grandfathers writings with him onto the ark.

The Book of Enoch was extant centuries before the birth of Christ and yet is considered by many to be more Christian in its theology than Jewish. It was considered scripture by many early Christians. The earliest literature of the so-called "Church Fathers" is filled with references to this mysterious book. The early second century "Epistle of Barnabus" makes much use of the Book of Enoch. Second and Third Century "Church Fathers" like Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Origin and Clement of Alexandria all make use of the Book of Enoch. Tertullian (160-230 C.E) even called the Book of Enoch "Holy Scripture". The Ethiopic Church even added the Book of Enoch to its official canon. It was widely known and read the first three centuries after Christ. This and many other books became discredited after the Council of Laodicea. And being under ban of the authorities, afterwards it gradually passed out of circulation.

At about the time of the Protestant Reformation, there came to be a renewed interest in the Book of Enoch which had long since been lost to the modern world. By the late 1400's rumors began to spread that somewhere a copy of the long lost Book of Enoch might still exist. During this time many books arose claiming to be the long lost book and were later found to be forgeries.

The return of the long lost Book of Enoch to the modern western world is credited to the famous explorer James Bruce, who in 1773 returned from six years in Abyssinia with three Ethiopic copies of the lost book. In 1821 Richard Laurence published the first English translation. The famous R.H. Charles edition was published in 1912. In the following years several portions of the Greek text surfaced. Then with the discovery of cave 4 of the Dead Sea Scrolls, seven fragmentary copies of the Aramaic text were discovered.

The Book of Enoch is divided into five basic parts, but it is the The Book of Parables (37-71) which gives scholars the most trouble for it is primarily concerned with a figure called "the messiah"; "the righteous one"; "the chosen one" and "the son of man."
Chapter 46:1-2 [1] There I beheld the Ancient of days whose head was like white wool, and with him another, whose countenance resembled that of a man. His countenance was full of grace, like that of one of the holy angels. Then I inquired of one of the angels, who went with me, and who showed me every secret thing, concerning this Son of man; who he was; whence he was; and why he accompanied the Ancient of days. [2] He answered and said to me, This is the Son of man, to whom righteousness belongs; with whom righteousness has dwealt; and who will reveal all the treasures of that which is concealed: for the Lord of spirits has chosen him; and his portion has surpassed all before the Lord of spirits in everlasting uprightness."

The opening verses of the Book of Enoch tell us that the revelations in this book were not meant for Enoch's generation, rather a remote generation, and of course the book would make more sense to the generations after Christ. We know that the early Church made use of the Book of Enoch, but it was then all but lost, until recent times. Perhaps this book was meant for our generation, as it is widely available today after being concealed for over a millennia.

(Enoch 1:1-3) The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

Read The Book of Enoch here [link to www.heaven.net.nz]

or participate in a discussion about the Book of Enoch.

Quoting: Eyes Wide Open

I like the book, and Jude quotes it word for word, and Peter refers to it...that's good enough for me. It fills in a lot of pieces.

Wasn't it the Catholic church that banned it from the bible?
Tali

User ID: 1018633
United States
07/14/2010 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumping to read later
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet. ~Colette
Tali

United States
07/14/2010 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
So much has been hidden from us!! My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is very, very REAL in my life, as is God the Father (creator)and the Holy Spirit....so don't get me wrong - I try to live by every word out of Jesus' mouth, along with adhering to the Ten Commandments.

Problems arise when the truth has been usurped by greedy, power-hungry priests and politicians who want total control.

I'm sure there was a lot of that TRUTH destroyed at the burning of the Library of Alexandria. Maybe some TRUTH is filed away in the Vatican archives ???

I've read the Bible from cover to cover - try to do it EVERY year. There are some things that I struggle with and I've prayed and prayed about them. Many of my questions have been clarified for me, but there is ONE BIGGIE.

What is the mystery with BLOOD????? I hate the thought of my Lord having to BLEED and suffer for ME. I don't understand what BLOOD has to do with salvation. I don't understand the concept of why BLOOD had to be used in sacrifices at all!!!

I understand that BLOOD is considered the "life-force" and I know that scientific experiments have proven that the red blood cells retain a person's consciousness even when miles away from their origin. I even know that the DNA is in the BLOOD. I just don't understand why it's part of our salvation.

Quoting: No I Didn't !!

Blood is life...
He gave his life for you...that's all i got!
No I Didn't !!

United States
07/14/2010 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Blood is life...
 Quoting: Tali

WOW !! Thank YOU !! Can it really be that simplistic?? I think you are absolutely right. I seem to make everything sooooooo complicated. LOL

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1009642
United States
07/14/2010 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
The religious rejected Enoch because the book is opposed to the existence of Religion.

It is quite clearly stated in that book that men were not created to confirm their faith in God with ink and pen.

Enoch rejects religion and the demons that appear in his book are Priests; who desired their own Kingdoms, abandoned their King and set-up rebel Thrones.

and now those Priests are going to have their teeth smashed in for what they've done.
NoWhereMan

United States
07/14/2010 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Many ancient cultures believed a sacrifice needed be made for the atonement of "sin". This was an overwelmingly believed upon mythology of the ancient hebrew peoples. Before animal scarifice was the scarifice of the "first born" in the hebrew tradition. This is latter changed to an offering and animal scarifice.

Thus the tradition is set up that the "first born" must be scarificed for the sins of the family. Even know it had been replaced with the Alter offering and animal scarifice for atonement, the understanding was still engraved upon the psychie of mankind.

It was even more engraved upon the psychie of mankind by the introduction of several other mythologies along the same lines stemming up out of the greek beliefs.

Understanding this is key to understanding what comes next. It was because of these mythological set-ups that made the physical death, the "scarifice of God's First Born" that event that would rocket the name of Jesus across the Globe in just the very short time of 2000 years.
if the salt loses its savor, with what shall it be salted? [link to urantiabook.org]
No I Didn't !!

United States
07/14/2010 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Many ancient cultures believed a sacrifice needed be made for the atonement of "sin". This was an overwelmingly believed upon mythology of the ancient hebrew peoples. Before animal scarifice was the scarifice of the "first born" in the hebrew tradition. This is latter changed to an offering and animal scarifice.

Thus the tradition is set up that the "first born" must be scarificed for the sins of the family. Even know it had been replaced with the Alter offering and animal scarifice for atonement, the understanding was still engraved upon the psychie of mankind.

It was even more engraved upon the psychie of mankind by the introduction of several other mythologies along the same lines stemming up out of the greek beliefs.

Understanding this is key to understanding what comes next. It was because of these mythological set-ups that made the physical death, the "scarifice of God's First Born" that event that would rocket the name of Jesus across the Globe in just the very short time of 2000 years.
 Quoting: NoWhereMan

Yes.... but HOW does that guarantee our immortality? Just because ignorant peasants believed it, doesn't make it so.

There must be something else going on.

Tali

United States
07/14/2010 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Blood is life...

WOW !! Thank YOU !! Can it really be that simplistic?? I think you are absolutely right. I seem to make everything sooooooo complicated. LOL

Hehe us ladies do that sometimes...
I could be wrong but that's the way I always thought of it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2010 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

yeah you are right...people believe stupid shit.
NoWhereMan

United States
07/14/2010 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes.... but HOW does that guarantee our immortality? Just because ignorant peasants believed it, doesn't make it so.

There is something else going on. Most are not ready for the truth of it all. The story expands and expands, and the size of the reality of the truth is only limited to the size of the mindset trying to observe it. Seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open to you, but fear and you'll stay stagnating in a pond while the waters of life are always foward moving.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/14/2010 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's how the whore got so many kids...she convinced various people to give their children to her.

and they did that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1030661
United States
07/14/2010 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Enoch Book of the "Watchers" Part 1 of 7

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 968016
United States
07/14/2010 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
ShadowDancer

User ID: 287857
United States
07/14/2010 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Watchers that fell or rebelled
dabbled in the DNA and the MIXING of the blood

The fallen Watchers took the original creation and sought to enhance it further-to use HUmanity and to 'take' the HUman women, and to combine seed

Thereby corrupting the original bloodline with the fallen Watchers who had left their first habitation

The mixing of said blood...allows the fallen to attach easier to those born of earth and of water...

bump
fortitudo et spes

When Japan happened I responded: "The Excrement Has Impacted the Rotary Oscillator." and clearly it has.
Thread: The Excrement Is Striking the Rotary Oscillator
+++++++++++++++
"Ego et Dominus sumus amici"
+++++++++++++++
Ego et mea umbra
+++++++++++++++

'Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electrically control the brain. Some day armies and generals will be controlled by electric stimulation of the brain.’
- U.S. government mind manipulator, Dr. Jose Delgado, Congressional Record, No. 262E, Vol. 118, 1974
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Realeyesrealizereal​lies. C.

Thread: GIRD uP as GRID Collapses

Thread: Eugenics 101 (Page 27)

Thread: Frankenfoods for YOU (Page 2)

Thread: I Do Not Consent

Thread: FOOD

Thread: Cern Power___Colder than Space

Thread: Hempilation Compilation Contemplation
Thread: Harmonics and Healing (Page 35)
Thread: Sarah's Nightmare (Page 10)
Thread: Destination Maccabees
Thread: Let's Play a GAME

Thread: Throat Singing
No I Didn't !!

United States
07/14/2010 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

There is something else going on. Most are not ready for the truth of it all. The story expands and expands, and the size of the reality of the truth is only limited to the size of the mindset trying to observe it. Seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open to you, but fear and you'll stay stagnating in a pond while the waters of life are always foward moving.

I'll have to think about that one.

Sorry... didn't mean to get off-topic on this thread. I'm just tooooo curious sometimes.

Enoch is awesome !!!!

Tali

United States
07/14/2010 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Watchers that fell or rebelled
dabbled in the DNA and the MIXING of the blood

The fallen Watchers took the original creation and sought to enhance it further-to use HUmanity and to 'take' the HUman women, and to combine seed

Thereby corrupting the original bloodline with the fallen Watchers who had left their first habitation

The mixing of said blood...allows the fallen to attach easier to those born of earth and of water...

bump
 Quoting: ShadowDancer

Are you talking about the fallen angels?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1030661
United States
07/14/2010 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Book of Enoch "Watchers" and Giants Part 1 of 3

Tali

United States
07/14/2010 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you guys ever get a chance ...check out this site...I love it...

[link to kjvbible.org]

Rightly-Dividing Geology and the Book of Genesis Beyond
the "Gap Theory" of Christian Creationism

Is there a time-gap between the first two verses of Genesis? On this website you will learn about a controversial, lesser known literal interpretation of the Genesis narrative that does not contradict the scientific evidence for an Old Earth. Commonly called the "Gap Theory" or Ruin-Reconstruction interpretation, it is a theological interpretation much older than Darwin's Theory of Evolution. It is based on the Scriptural fact that in the second verse of Genesis, the Holy Bible simply and clearly states that the planet Earth was already here (but in a ruined state) before the creative process of the seven days even begins. Understanding this Biblical mystery begins with the precise wording of this New Testament cross-reference:
"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."
(2 Pet 3:5-7 KJV)

Contrary to popular interpretation, the above passage is NOT a reference to Noah's flood. (See Introduction Pages for specifics.) And the only other place in the Bible where the Earth was covered in waters is Genesis 1:2. The ramifications are obvious: The literal wording suggests that the "heavens and the earth, which are now" (made during the seven days) was not the first-time creation of all things as is traditionally assumed. The Word of God appears to be telling the reader there was a previous populated world on the face of this old Earth before God formed the present world of modern Man. This invalidates the popular Doctrine of Young Earth Creationism
No I Didn't !!

User ID: 323166
United States
07/14/2010 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to kjvbible.org]

Is there a time-gap between the first two verses of Genesis? On this website you will learn about a controversial, lesser known literal interpretation of the Genesis narrative that does not contradict the scientific evidence for an Old Earth. Commonly called the "Gap Theory" or Ruin-Reconstruction interpretation, it is a theological interpretation much older than Darwin's Theory of Evolution. It is based on the Scriptural fact that in the second verse of Genesis, the Holy Bible simply and clearly states that the planet Earth was already here (but in a ruined state) before the creative process of the seven days even begins. Understanding this Biblical mystery begins with the precise wording of this New Testament cross-reference:
"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Contrary to popular interpretation, the above passage is NOT a reference to Noah's flood. (See Introduction Pages for specifics.) And the only other place in the Bible where the Earth was covered in waters is Genesis 1:2. The ramifications are obvious: The literal wording suggests that the "heavens and the earth, which are now" (made during the seven days) was not the first-time creation of all things as is traditionally assumed. The Word of God appears to be telling the reader there was a previous populated world on the face of this old Earth before God formed the present world of modern Man. This invalidates the popular Doctrine of Young Earth Creationism
 Quoting: Tali

Yep... I've always been taught that. And "the spirit of God BROODED over the void." He was sad to see the devistation.

Tali

United States
07/14/2010 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to kjvbible.org]

Yep... I've always been taught that. And "the spirit of God BROODED over the void." He was sad to see the devistation.

See I was brought up NOT ...there was no answer for dinos, so many holes etc...the older I got the more in my scientific mind I'm like...really??? All this evidence of this planet spinnign around for soooooo long...how could it be?

When I found this site I was a happy camper...it filled a lot of voids for me =) such as pre-human species and the like..we have their bones, they had to fit in somewhere...

Plus this way of thinking just goes along with other stuff i was taught...like when jesus comes for us...there will be a 1000 years where the planet will burn...then we come back...makes sense to me so it can regenerate and start over...

I hope im making sense.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 993862
United States
07/14/2010 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
only one true book of enoch and its in the book of moses6;26 in the pearl of great price LDS........
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 82523
United States
07/14/2010 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have always been puzzled as to how Noah gathered all the diverse creaturs from around the world to place in the Ark?
Has anyone else wondered about this?

"19And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive."
 Quoting: Angela

Simple answer - Noah did not gather all the animals - God had the animals come to Noah - Genesis 6:20 - Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.
Joker

User ID: 902133
United States
07/14/2010 08:25 PM

Report Abusive Post

Blood is life...

"I know that scientific experiments have proven that the red blood cells retain a person's consciousness even when miles away from their origin. "
And when you believe in the Lord and that He died for you his "blood" covers you. When you go before God, He sees Jesus not you. You may enter!

GLP