The Truth About Cpl. David Motari "The Puppy Killer"

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 291612
United States
03/07/2008 08:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The Truth About Cpl. David Motari "The Puppy Killer"
Well that is pretty much a load of shit... Give their position away?wtf This story has so many holes in it I can only see two things behind it.

a. Propaganda

b. Marine sympathizer

If they were worried about giving away their position, they would not be laughing and joking around and taking their eyes off the enemy by focusing on the camera. There are dogs all over Iraq as well and just because they bark etc. does not mean anyone is there.

I think this "reply" is complete and utter horse shit
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 387497
United States
03/07/2008 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
you know that all that matters is this - some day that kid is going to be interviewed for a job and the interviewed is going to ask. "gosh your name...you seem familiar...' Then it will click "Ooooohhhh you're the PUPPY KILLER." How many call back do you think he's gonna get.
MixedPerceptionz
User ID: 278727
United States
03/07/2008 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
reguardless. puppy = defenseless against "trained" marines. no?
pissedoff
User ID: 387684
United States
03/07/2008 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
This so called "Marine" does not get paid to torture animals. The excuse said the dog would give away their position?? I call BULLSHIT. He should get a punishment along the same lines as Vick. Why to give the Marines such a "noble" image you asshole. So what if it is supposedly "just a dog". I may be sitting on my couch doing nothing but at least I am not an innocent dog killer. I mean this really makes me question what goes on out there?? If you can kill a dog with laughter what kind of other sick shit are you doing in all the obvious free time you have! Something is way fucked up!
The truth
User ID: 390938
United States
03/12/2008 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
We as Americans should strive to save lives. Not go out of our way to lie and cover up sins. No one is perfect yet I must comment because I served on active duty for seven years. When I hear someone say we are at home in comfort makes my blood boil. I never ever killed any animals or humans while in so I can say I am not a killer. When I say the young marine and his friends laughing out loud as they killed the pupper in cold blood. Well that is just not the behavior that I see a marine doing. Focus on killing the terrorists not helpless puppies. My father was a Marine and I was in the Army so get real. Do your jobs with honor and leave the puppies alone.!!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 289467
United States
03/12/2008 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Valley of Elah.

What do you expect when 18 year olds are cannon fodder?

Moriarti should be kicked out like everyone else under 25.
Young people do not belong in active combat.
A
User ID: 396025
Canada
03/20/2008 01:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
During wartime, standards of justice and morality are altered as a measure to justify deviant human action. This is seen throughout the history of warfare. For example, this environment justifies military tactics/strategies that result in the loss of life and both civilians and soldiers find this affect justifiable to the means of war- this is no surprise. However, there is a continuation of utilizing a 'different environment/different circumstance" justification to explain all human actions. Do armies find it acceptable to rape women during war? Yes. Did armies humiliate POW in Iraq? Yes. Do armies find it acceptable to cruelly kill puppies? Apparently so. Just because your circumstances are different, it does not give you the excuse to be entirely inhumane. It doesn't make these actions ok. People recognize the need for soldiers and appreciate your sacrifices. However, does it give you the right to become morally unjust? That dog is a living creature. Would you throw a baby over a cliff because it was giving away your position? Perhaps a more human approach to disposing the animal would have been acceptable. Although, I recognize your argument, do you really think killing that dog in the that manner was necessary? It seems to me that it was for entertainment purposes because you all seemed to have a good laugh over it. It is interesting you find cruelty to animals amusing. In addition, I resent the fact that you think all us civilians sit on our ass all day. The fact that you find us to be unappreciative is insulting. Everyone makes their own sacrifices to different causes everyday (even if it is not your cause). It doesn't give you the right to become arrogant. You are not a martyr.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 420382
United States
04/21/2008 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am 90% sure the video is total fake.
The clue is in the audio of the dog yelping as it is thrown.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 381736

No way!! The ass admitted on his Bebo account that he di toss the live puppy. He claims he needed to kill it, so he "got creative".

What a sick f***er.
TX-Girl
User ID: 450329
United States
06/11/2008 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know this is late but I just found this thread........

In regards to the other marines trying to explain the reasoning for Motari's actions, you should be ENRAGED at that fucking idiot for making you all look like a bunch of moronic monsters with nothing better to do over there than torture tiny innocent animals. Shall we send over some magnifying glasses for ant hunting too? And as far as the "giving away our positions" story, thats ludicrous. Seems like its being used as an excuse for fucked up retards to torture puppies.

Additionally, I appreciate our troops but I dont think less of myself for not being there. No ones been drafted since Vietnam - they are there by choice. They signed up. You know why I didnt join the military? Because I didnt want to. And being someone thats served in a war doesnt make you a good person or someone that deserves honor. Being a good person is what makes you deserved of being honored. Good people dont torture helpless things. And what does this act say about this persons mentality? Would he do the same with some Iraqi kid that might give away their position? I wouldnt doubt it.

Everyone involved in that situation should be expelled from the USMC, tried for animal cruelty and psycholigically evaluated for mental illness. Add to that assessment incarcerated for making American troops like like sick, heartless, cruel psychopaths. I hope this act follows Motari for the remainder of his pathetic life and he pays for it every day. I also hope someone beats him to within an inch of his life and leaves him in the desert to crawl on broken limbs until he dies of dehydration or a slow internal bleed, as the pup probably did. And thats the truth. Rot in Hell you piece of trash.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 311582
United States
06/11/2008 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
The killing of dogs...
The dog has been mans best friend for Centuries.
The cruelty towards all beasts of burden is unethical in itself, but to betray and to torture to death a companion of Man is such a vile and wretched thing. Utter blasphemy to that spirit.
 Quoting: Morna Moonrae

The Chinese people like to eat dogs, you stupid bitch.

[link to www.flatrock.org.nz]

Scroll down to dog meat: [link to kattheacrobat.vox.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 450298
United States
06/11/2008 11:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Apologists.
ogre
User ID: 450356
United States
06/11/2008 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'd love to throw my fist into this guys face!!!
I dont care if the vid is real or not,you just
dont do that type of thing in or out of the
uniform that real american heros wear.
Theodosius
User ID: 450445
United States
06/12/2008 04:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
As a patriotic American I commend the selfless sacrifice of the brave men serving in our armed forces. I also believe that sacrifices made abroad are acceptable in order to protect our liberty. I am a moderate, independent American but was saddened when watching the gleeful infliction of pain on even a dying animal. Even when taking the psychological strain of war into account, watching a soldier throw a puppy from a cliff (as opposed of a slightly more humane end) only widens the divide between our countrymen and alienates those who fail to see the humor.

Below are public statements made by Lance Cpl Motari; I assume that this puts to rest any doubt that the video is legit.
[link to answers.yahoo.com]

Lance Cpl Motari has pages at social network sites Bebo & Myspace and recently gave his reason for committing the act:

"I want to clear somethings up before tomarrow. This might be hard to believe but I am sorry about the dog. At the time I just really didn't care. When you are constantly under fire sometimes people develope a different sence of humor than what others are used to. That video was from over a year ago and i dont know who put it out there but it wasn't me. It has been a real hard day. I don't know how they got my information...(continued below)

* 3 months ago

Additional Details

3 months ago
..but someone got all my information and i had to disconnect my parents and my girlfriends phone. not to mention i had to redo my myspace because it got hacked. I just want this to end." And: "What, you expect me to carry a stray sick dog from patrol 10+ miles back to camp with me. Did you know that we're not supposed to have dogs? Did you know that there isn't medicine available for animals out there? So what the f-ck do you want me to do with it. It was going to die a slow and horrible death. Sorry you guys saw that, but it wasn't supposed to ever been shown. Usually what happens is we shoot them. I was being "creative" that day and decided to throw the dog instead. If i could take it back, I would. Either way, I did the dog a favor. Sorry if you can't understand that...Look, you guys didn't know that the dog was sick and starving by the road. I was helping it. That dog was going to die anyways."

Thoughts? Opinions? Try to avoid hateful rants please.

3 months ago
Morty, if you look carefully you'll see I made no comment on Lance Cpl Motari's actions, I simply asked for feedback and reproduced his myspace comments. Settle your wee little head.

3 months ago
Plastic Trees: Hi...me? I'm safely tucked away in Australia. No puppy controversies for me.

Er, guy who suggested it was a non-issue? Is there an issue you care about?

3 months ago
People need to read before they respond. Timothy, I said 'allegedly'. The burden of proof doesn't rest with me. If you want to go find the puppy video, it's easy. I just didn't feel inclined to post a link. If it's not real it throws up another interesting situation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 367687
United States
06/12/2008 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
people need to understand there are sick people in everywhere, in every profession. This being worse because these our are men in armour, our troops..i agree he should be discharged without pay..and thrown on his ass.

Man kind is a cruel beast, and this wont change for many eon's
usmc
User ID: 427156
United States
06/12/2008 05:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
God has a hard on for Marines, because they kill everything they see.

just try to come to terms with that and everything will be ok.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 450576
United States
06/12/2008 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK....seriously....a puppy that small isn't going to give away anyones position....honestly, who do you think you are kidding???????????

besides, he chose the sick sadistic way to kill it, he could have just shot it.....you know, just about ALL serial killers have a history of animal abuse, and they got off on it just like this guy did....he enjoyed it, you can see it in his face.....sick bastard.....

my brother in law was in Iraq.....even he is appalled by this, he said that stuff like this didn't go on where he was....PLEASE don't try to pretend like you were constantly under fire which caused you to become a sick fuck...you're just a sick fuck.....PLENTY of marines go to iraq and don't comeback puppy killers....

and, btw I LOVE THE MARINES AND APPRECIATE EVRYTHING THEY DO FOR US.....but, this is america and I am personally disgusted that our boys lower themselves to the enemies level when they are there....if you wouldn't do it at home, chances are you shouldn't do it there.....
gung ho my ass hole
User ID: 450578
United States
06/12/2008 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
everyone talks about how brave a soldier is ...BULLSHIT they are their not because they are all patriotic its because they want the nice pension or benefits if you asked a marine that if he joined there was a 100% chance of death 99% of the current soldiers wouldnt even sign up ..they are taking the risk yes..but the reward is nice too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 450576
United States
06/12/2008 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
everyone talks about how brave a soldier is ...BULLSHIT they are their not because they are all patriotic its because they want the nice pension or benefits if you asked a marine that if he joined there was a 100% chance of death 99% of the current soldiers wouldnt even sign up ..they are taking the risk yes..but the reward is nice too
 Quoting: gung ho my ass hole 450578

AMEN TO THAT....this also goes back to all the mothers out there protesting b/c their sons died...seriously....they signed up for the ARMED FORCES....it ain't the boy scouts...
just another job
User ID: 450578
United States
06/12/2008 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
being a soldier is a job they get paid good money to sign up and get good benefits the people in the army are their for the wrong reasons they are either naive to the dangers,in need of free schooling, need money and/or benefits,overconfident, or have a big ego and want praise of the local community if each solder signing up was told you would DEFFINATELY die 100% chance they wouldnt sign up at all only reason they do is for the above reasons and because they ahve the mentality of "it wont happen to me, it could but ill take the chance"
bob
User ID: 450817
United States
06/12/2008 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
id like to find him near a cliff
Rachel
User ID: 450826
United States
06/12/2008 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
The dog, along with other dogs, was killed because it could have given away their position to the enemy.

But a squealing dog wouldn't have given away their position? According to my dad (when he was alive), a WWII vet, the way to eliminate an animal that is giving away your position is with piano wire or something of similar strength, quick and quiet, is what he explained.

Why he was telling that to a young girl that is another story, but he never mentioned chunking it off a cliff as an effective way to shield one's position.
 Quoting: Turtles Know

Yeah, because piano wire grows in the fucking desert/
Zohan
User ID: 437387
Canada
06/12/2008 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nooo - the terrorist have puppies.
[link to www.youtube.com]

Pahcotai
User ID: 450915
United States
06/12/2008 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am 90% sure the video is total fake.
The clue is in the audio of the dog yelping as it is thrown.

Proof positive that people will believe in whatever is actually in their heart. When I saw it, the first thing I thought was that it was probably a fake designed to make people angry at the US soldiers. It did just that.

It does not make ME angry at US Soldiers. If it does others, than it is those that are just ignorants.
 Quoting: Morna Moonrae

Might want to take a look at this

[link to content.mahalo.com]

Bastard should be thrown off the cliff, he was laughing and sorry a puppy was yes yelping in this thing called Fear!
Even his friend said "man your mean" he laughed when he did it, if the pup was that sick why did he not just put a bullet in its head? wee bit more humain than throwing the poor thing off a cliff
Jen
User ID: 450921
United States
06/12/2008 11:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nobody who didn't want to give away their position would have had a cell phone actively turned on to videotape, standing up laughing their butts off, causing an animal to yelp loudly.And um...if they were in a dangerous area near potential enemies, they sure didn't look concerned.
And rabies? You've obviously never seen a rabid dog.

My husband is a veteran as well as many of our friends and family, and guess what? Even the active duty marines I know agree he is sick and there's no justification for that.

The USMC called the video "deplorable" so obviously they don't agree either, and it's not fake. His ass is "being processed for separation.

Hope it was worth ending your career to kill a puppy, jerk. Glad to see you go.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 106290
United States
06/12/2008 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
How people treat animals indicates how they would treat fellow humans. And they're coming back. Armed.
Tampadude
User ID: 450932
United States
06/12/2008 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Marines allowed to have camera devices in Iraq? My friend just served in Iraq & not allowed to have such items. FORMER Lance Cpl. David Motari (LOSER) should jump off a cliff. ANY CLIFF along w/ the other loser in the video & the one who filmed it. Capturing it on video like that is inhumane. His actions are inhumane. He's a poor excuse of a US soldier, US citizen & a human being. He's such a hero & now world famous. Enjoy your life...no reasons justify your actions
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 186317
Costa Rica
06/12/2008 11:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
i wouldve been more impressed if those marines ate those puppies.
Rev. Mr. (Deacon)

User ID: 418177
United States
06/13/2008 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don't get me wrong..I love animals. My fur babies are a Pekingese, a Seal Point Himalayan and a Nebelung (Long Haired Russian Blue).

I also own herps, two White's Tree Frogs (Litoria caerulea) and a Madagascar Giant Day Gecko (Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis).

I love all of my animals as much as a person would love their own children.

Although I do not condone the behavior of the Marine in question, especially since I served in the Corps from 1982 - 1986, I do find it reprehensible that people are more outraged at this young man killing a single puppy, than they are over a single human life.

Every day in America alone we abort approximately 3,753 innocent, unborn babies.....that is 1.37 Million babies per year!!!

Where is the outrage when it comes to that?

Does a puppy deserve more "revenge" than that of a unborn child?

At this point, all I can do is pray for America.....

Heavenly Father,

Please forgive us, our nation and our churches for our devaluing of the covenant of marriage that You established.

Forgive us for our divorces, our fornication, our murder of the innocent unborn, adultery, homosexuality, and pornography.

Cleanse us Lord and restore to us the authority in prayer and civic action to restore marriage here in our nation to what you intended.

We love you and are trusting in your mercy and kindness that lead us to repentance.

In Jesus' name

AMEN
Anyone who tells you that their religion is better than yours, run away from them as fast as you can.
-------------------------
I'm not in the business of seeing whatever pleases you.
-------------------------
You don't know me, I am nothing but a stranger to you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 337967
United States
06/13/2008 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's interesting the amount of shock this has generated. We have a lot of people upset about the inhumane death of an innocent puppy and calling for the head of this marine. Some are able to pick up on the mental illness (but he should still be killed painfully, that shameless fuck, right?).

Do you know what it's like to be exposed to what they are over there? This marine, somebody's beloved son and family member, may have had to deal with unimaginable, tortuous, psychological damage that you could never begin to comprehend. War is a very, very ugly thing. Sometimes, when people, especially very young people, are exposed to these terrors they develop psychological barriers that help them cope. Actions are not always reflecting the inner feelings. Remember when you were in 6th grade and may have laughed while describing something horrible...because you were nervous and embarassed, not because you advocated the horrible event you described.

This marine situation should be looked at with less off the cuff reaction and more analysis and understanding. It's not as simple as you want to make it. Not only is war very ugly, but also very complex, and it does horrible things to people. This young marine is reacting to his environment...an environment where HUMANS die everyday at the hand of other humans. An environment where survival really could depend on getting rid of a dog. So let's say this marine is tasked with the job. He is young, immature, nervous, and vastly, irreparably, psychologically damaged by last week's experiences. He is in a fog and has completely lost touch with himself. He grabs the puppy and on some level (a level which he has been forced to abandon in order to ensure his survival)realizes the horror of the situation he is in. Like the giggly sixth grader, he makes a joke and tosses it over the edge. Can you see the psychology here? Of course everyone on this thread will come back and say no, he's just an asshole. But really, consider the circumstances, the pressure, the horror. Do you think that killing a puppy was the worst thing he encountered that day? He is in a different world and doesnt' make decisions like he's living in a posh apartment in London or New York.

I'm not argueing the validity of this war...I'm just saying that it is his reality, and if you haven't been through it, perhaps you're not equipped to walk in his shoes and know what was going on in his head.
Liberequis
User ID: 450961
United States
06/13/2008 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Someone should toss David Motari over a cliff, and then he can brag how he actually lived to tell about it from his wheelchair, as a quadriplegic, hooked on a respirator.

GLP