Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,178 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 719,398
Pageviews Today: 1,266,157Threads Today: 539Posts Today: 9,160
02:56 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

How about a short story where god turns out to be some sort of alien machine that creates life

shameless agitating fuck
User ID: 392245
United Kingdom
03/16/2008 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
How about a short story where god turns out to be some sort of alien machine that creates life
It roams the galaxy planting new seeds while the god like alien creator dudes are off exploring the rest of the universe.
Ya got two machines, the seeder and the recorder, the seeder construct goes about seeding worlds and fucking with the natural development etc until its got a self aware species like us and then it fucks off and repeats said process on another planet. The recorder construct tracks the development of everything after the seeder moves on.
Imagine the seed device as a mobile automated laboratory, all the known sciences mastered along with shitloads that are beyond our understanding, this thing can take crude matter and rearrange atoms to make life, literally sculpting us from the earth, base proteins and single celled organisms are child's play when you have all the time and means in the world. The recorder is harder to imagine, I see it like a swarm or hive, a colony of self multiplying machines that spread out in all directions and observe everything in the galaxy periodically returning to key points every galactic rotation to network and share the information gathered.
The idea being that all the wisdom and power of god is up for grabs and shitloads of alien races, the children are fighting for their parents inheritance, and the fact that everyone is meant to be one big happy galactic family escapes everyone and they have like a thousand years of interplanetary war, death and destruction, all the good parts of the bible on countless alien worlds until someone finds a cute little alien baby god floating among the stars in a pod just like the god constructs.
Its superman crossed with dune and a little star wars but with some actual trippy alien shit.
Like planets with different gravity, er aliens that arent humanoid cuz Im sick of star trek and humans with stuff stuck to their face, bring back FaRsCaPe with the tiny slug dude, now thats a fucking alien, jabba the hutt he was an alien even if he could breath the exact air mixture at the exact air pressure as luke at least he looked like an alien and spoke gibberish.
On stargate everyone on the other side of the wormhole speaks english wtf makes daniel jackson kind of superfluous doesn't it ? wtf they speak english but they cant write it so everything is in ancient egyption or "ancient"
If I want real science fiction I'll watch alien planet, its way cooler.
Me Im just going to open a science book and let that do the work for me instead of making up my own stupid shit I will steal some geeks idea.
Research the science fiction people, people, cuz reality is way trippier than those hacks with cardboard sets can imagine.
Warp speed ahead Mr sulu
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 389838
United States
03/16/2008 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: How about a short story where god turns out to be some sort of alien machine that creates life
Just make sure to make out he royalty checks to the estate of Kurt Vonnegut. And then slap yourself for ripping off the Sirens of Titan.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 350216
Netherlands
03/16/2008 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: How about a short story where god turns out to be some sort of alien machine that creates life
Well, your writing style isn't really good. But the idea is quite nice.
You can hang the story on the Rosswell crash of course. The day when they found a 'recorder' and after 70 years they finally figured out what that automated machine was doing. (All in top secret government levels)

You can start off with an alien (very human like) coming to earth. (make up a reason why) contacting 'normal people' ( a cop, preferably a woman with skillz). With connections to that rosswell project that she isn't aware off. (her husband? would be cool). The Alien tells about the seeder and recorder and the war that is sparked to the woman. Who tells it to her husband. Who tells the project. Then bring everything together.

After this point a group has been assembled and set aboard the fixed recorder' The recorder flies off to the central thing... and continue from there...
shameless agitating fuck (OP)
United Kingdom
03/16/2008 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just make sure to make out he royalty checks to the estate of Kurt Vonnegut. And then slap yourself for ripping off the Sirens of Titan.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 389838

Sirens of titan ? by kurt vonnegut huh ? I'll keep an eye out for that. I dont read books much so I was unaware that it was unoriginal but I guess great minds think alike.
shameless agitating fuck (OP)
United Kingdom
03/16/2008 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, your writing style isn't really good. But the idea is quite nice.
You can hang the story on the Rosswell crash of course. The day when they found a 'recorder' and after 70 years they finally figured out what that automated machine was doing. (All in top secret government levels)

You can start off with an alien (very human like) coming to earth. (make up a reason why) contacting 'normal people' ( a cop, preferably a woman with skillz). With connections to that rosswell project that she isn't aware off. (her husband? would be cool). The Alien tells about the seeder and recorder and the war that is sparked to the woman. Who tells it to her husband. Who tells the project. Then bring everything together.

After this point a group has been assembled and set aboard the fixed recorder' The recorder flies off to the central thing... and continue from there...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 350216

Er no dude, my story is set like in a galaxy far far away with no humans whatsoever.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 350216
Netherlands
03/16/2008 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Er no dude, my story is set like in a galaxy far far away with no humans whatsoever.
 Quoting: shameless agitating fuck 392245

Shame. But oke it's your idea.

Where does this God-Child come from? Is it created by this fully automated seeder? What does it look like (please don't tell me it's a slimey slug)
Where do you want to go with this story?
What is the role of this God-child. What language does it speak, how do those aliens communicate?

I see an idea, but i can't find a story. There is no ultimate goal. There is no plot and i can't think of one.

GLP