I work at CERN

very bad idea
User ID: 404089
United States
04/11/2008 04:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I work at CERN
Can't think there's any dumber idea than to create a black hole on earth.

Black holes don't degrade, they feed. and grow. They are very radioactive (they release/jettison x and gamma rays from two poles) and are very, very heavy (would break any support).

How they think they could harness, contain, reduce or collapse any creation heavier and denser than any other known to man is beyond logic.
lamâshtu

User ID: 225414
Switzerland
04/11/2008 04:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's been fired up already? Why has no one been told? What happened to the summer start date?
 Quoting: Billy Joel

"test" != "fired up"

as with every machine you'll have some test runs before actually operating it, and i would think a machine like the lhc would require an enormous amount of very extensive testing before running it in operational mode.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 413133
Canada
04/11/2008 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
I want to warn people that we are days away from the very first fireup. we are testing the magnet array as I type. the actual day is a kept secret becuase of the controversy surrounding black holes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 410574

stfu
xtrasolar
User ID: 389747
United States
04/11/2008 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Give us some details of newly discovered particle call STRANGELETS
Darza

User ID: 378572
Netherlands
04/11/2008 05:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
I work at CERN
Thread: I work at CERN

I want to warn people that we are days away from the very first fireup. we are testing the magnet array as I type. the actual day is a kept secret becuase of the controversy surrounding black holes.

I do not know the specifics as I am not analyzing the data. My job is to maintain the crygenic superconductors. but some of the scientists have walked around like they have seen a ghost.
I think they are really worried. I speculate that they have found a way to peer into different dimensions.

I am back. i cannot post while on grounds computers. The rumor is that CERN has already fired up a test. So far so good. Except for a simply anomoly, with the tracks of a few particles. some of them are ging slower that predicted, and in the opposite direction than calculated by mathematics. this has been repeated three times. My boss thinks that this is a manual or calculation error. I do not know what this means. I am not as skilled as the top level scientists here. But som of these guys look very worried.
 Quoting: physicist 410574
SozzledBoot
User ID: 346161
Canada
04/11/2008 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have always believed that high energies open doors!

In the mid 1960's, a team of electrical engineers servicing the power turbines at Sir Adam Beck Generating Plant No. 2 in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada encountered a strange phenomenon that was subsequently reported in the engineering journal they had circulating during those years.

I no longer recall the details, but to the best of my recollection, as the maintenance schedule on the turbines was nearing completion, the engineers turned the machines on and slowly began to bring them up to speed and syncronization with each other.

These machines produce a tremendous amount of electromagnetic energy which radiates outward in every direction from the floor of the plant.

Note that as an experiment, if you were to walk underneath the publicly visible high-tension lines that immediately pass outward and onto transmission towers from the transformer station, a simple flourescent tube held high in the air will begin to glow without any apparent source of power (the Tesla effect). Of course this effect is best observed at night.

As the machines began to sync together, a vague white odorless fog was observed that seemed to permeate the space immediately around the structures of the turbines. As surprised engineers looked on, imagery began to appear within the cloud of fog. This imagery became more and more defined until eventually it took on a definite and clear form.

What was seen and sworn to by the engineers in attendance was that of a floating image of a woman dressed in what appeared to be ancient Egyptian garb. She was reclining on what looked like an ancient Egyptian couch. Whether or not the image was in color, or if it was interactive or moving is not mentioned. She appeared to have a blank stare on her face.

However after a few seconds or minutes, both the image and the fog dissipated and never appeared again.

The event was established beyond doubt to the point where it was written up as an interesting sidenote in the engineer's journal.

I had a friend who worked at the plant and he told me many fascinating tales about those turbines.

One such story is how whenever a main circuit breaker is being opened, the leaking electricity will roar like a jet aircraft taking off right there in the main plant.

Electricity and magnetic fields give me the creeps.

The almost unbelievable magnetic and electric fields being produced by CERN's LHC is definitely not good news. Look at the history of the pioneer's of uranium products.

Think 'stargate' or think 'welcome to hell'.
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 06:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
nice one sozzled, mind asking that friend for the exact year and if he could remember some other details? i'd love to see if i could find some material on this.
SozzledBoot
Canada
04/11/2008 07:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
My friend was not the storyteller about the floating image.

Years ago I read the article myself. I lived in Niagara Falls for over almost 50 years. I've been through the plant many times. I saw where the event allegedly took place firsthand.

I have, and still am trying to locate both the name of the journal as well as that particular issue relating to the event.

I'll keep you posted.
SozzledBoot
Canada
04/11/2008 07:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
In 1965, there was a power blackout that affected the entire north-eastern seaboard.

"While speculation for Thursday's blackout centered on Niagara Falls, N.Y., the actual cause of the 1965 incident was traced to the Sir Adam Beck Station No. 2 in Niagara Falls, Ont. Six days after the failure, Federal Power Commission investigators traced the problem to a single faulty relay, which triggered a series of overloads that overtook main trunk lines and caused power plants to shut down automatically."

[link to www.electricityforum.com]

This is just an interesting sidenote. I am still looking.
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 07:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
very interesting, as you said mid-60's, in 1965 was the major blackout caused by a failure in that very plant ...

edit: oops, you beat me by it :)
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 07:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
very interesting, as you said mid-60's, in 1965 was the major blackout caused by a failure in that very plant ...

edit: oops, you beat me by it :)
 Quoting: lamâshtu

[link to www.ncas.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 369375
Australia
04/11/2008 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF

JUST A FEELING WE ARE ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF NOW

SHOULD GET EXCITING SOON

BUT MOST OF US KNEW THAT........

Quoting: SCREAMMMM 189499

According to the Pleiadians through Billy Meier, fission - and I'm assuming this is fission of protons - releases particles that are smaller than the subatomic particles that we know about. And these particles are very negative in relation to the earth, hence they are repelled by the earth to the outer reaches of the earth's atmosphere where they are also repelled by the sun and travel to the dark side of the earth. There, they break down the ozone layer.

According to the Captain of a flying saucer in 'My Contact with Flying Saucers', the ozone layer maintains the Earth in space, and also produces or prevents earthquakes.

And 'friend after 15 May' has said:

3/29/2008 12:33 PM
helo rica
me not know name not know why it 4told by elders
yor leaders shoot other planet stop crashing earth crash change orbit
other planet go crash jupiter because orbit not good anymore after shoot
no escape no good plan
but rica elders say u must wait 15 may b4 u belive me ok
maybe me mistake line time me not know yet

The problem that the CERN physicist has outlined of particles going slower than predicted and in the opposite direction, is probably due to the extra small subatomic particles that they haven't discovered yet. They go through containment walls, cannot be contained according to the Pleiadians, and probably shift energy in a direction unanticipated by the physicists.

'The process of Nuclear Fission', Pleiadians - [link to www.bibliotecapleyades.net]
"maintain the earth in space" and "produce or prevent earthquakes", The Captain - [link to energy21.freeservers.com]
"stop crashing earth", Friend after 15 May - Thread: me tel u now so u belive me 15 may (Page 10)

Nostradamus X.67 figures in there too. But just to think, it could be all manmade. Man induced and man initiated. What we accept and allow because of our adherence to popish authority.

"Robotoids" according to Archangel Michael.

In other words, Robots, even in the scientific community. Nothing better than Robots! Heading back to timeline 0000 according to Friend after 15 May. "With no cellular memory to overcome" says Matthew.

"Morontia form", from Archangel Michael.
SozzledBoot
Canada
04/11/2008 07:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
It gets even stranger.

The Toronto Globe & Mail as well as the Niagara Falls Evening Review published reports on it.

The local library in Niagara Falls has microfiche on those papers going back to the turn of the century. However, I am unable to physically get there as I am retired and do not have a car.

I can, however, contact the head of the historical research department there and inquire further.

It will take some wordsmithing between us to narrow down what it is she is going to attempt to look for. I hate putting that burden on someone who doesn't even know what I may be referring to.

Other than that, the Engineering Journal put out by the IEEE is still talking about the 1965 blackout - the blackout that couldn't happen but did.

Here is a picture of the Sir Adam Beck Plants:

[link to www.opg.com]

I was inside.

Here is another curious article about the blackout:

[link to www.virtuallystrange.net]

Maybe I should start a new thread. We can summon the combined search power of the GP posters.
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 07:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
heh that damn thing is HUGE!

Maybe I should start a new thread. We can summon the combined search power of the GP posters.
 Quoting: SozzledBoot 346161

yes, would be nice, seems to be a very fascinating subject, and better to discuss it in its own that further derailing this thread.
SozzledBoot
Canada
04/11/2008 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
How do I quote my posts over to the new thread?
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
just copy/paste them, and add

[ quote ] ... [ /quote ]

around the text (without the spaces)
kalamity kool

User ID: 413207
Australia
04/11/2008 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Are the requirements for the crygenic applications for the collider more demanding than for spacecraft?
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.cyberspaceorbit.com]
[link to www.cyberspaceorbit.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 410574
United States
04/11/2008 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Are the requirements for the crygenic applications for the collider more demanding than for spacecraft?
 Quoting: kalamity kool

Absolutely yes. each magnet weights 1920 tons you do the math on the number of lbs. alot of that weight is ballast for rigidity but we use hundreds of gallons of liquid helium. fortunately we have on site refrigerators that reuse this expensive gas.

About the security level.

10 months ago the security level did change from just having a
rent a cop in a booth to full armor military checkpoints. you cannot access certian points without getting iris scanned here. I believe parts of this project are being classified.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 373646
Canada
04/11/2008 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I do not know the specifics as I am not analyzing the data. My job is to maintain the crygenic superconductors. but some of the scientists have walked around like they have seen a ghost.
I think they are really worried. I speculate that they have found a way to peer into different dimensions.

Aren't they concerned that something unkownn to them might come back from said dimension and fuck them up.. and the rest of us along with them...
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
full armor military checkpoints.

this being split by french and swiss army, or how is it organized?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/11/2008 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
nope US military and french.
lamâshtu

Switzerland
04/11/2008 09:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
nope US military and french.

i would be very surprised if there were french/us military in meyrin, or are you talking about the french parts only?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/11/2008 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
only one or two wearing US military uniforms. they seem to be higher ranking
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 268079
United States
04/11/2008 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Absolutely yes. each magnet weights 1920 tons you do the math on the number of lbs. alot of that weight is ballast for rigidity but we use hundreds of gallons of liquid helium. fortunately we have on site refrigerators that reuse this expensive gas.

Side note. At a seminar yesterday in Lousiana held by ADC Association of Diving Contractors it was said the the government is stepping in to ban the commercial diving industry to stop using helium for the deep water mixed-gas dives. They were told that the government needs the helium for its own use. The divers will have to use neon instead.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 361590
United States
04/11/2008 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Have these confirmed whom is the one holding all things together and what is the essence of this?

Are these elements all variations of light which encompass all dimensions and at higher levels do you not intrude into the very throne room of the most high creator of all things?

What purposes are envisioned by knowing more about the creation? Are good purposes intended or evil?

What power do men think that they can obtain?

Would a higher purpose be to obtain everlasting life by obeying the creator of all things or could there be something so much more valuable in this present world which will perish as this great one comes to restore order and harmony for all whom are his?

Hosea 4:1 For, see, the day comes, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yes, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that comes shall burn them up, says YHVH tzevaoth, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But to you that fear My Name shall the Sun of Tzedakah, Yahushua Our YHVH is our Salvation, arise with healing in His four-cornered tzitzit; and you shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And you shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be
ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, says YHVH tzevaoth.
4 Remember the Torah of Moshe My eved, which I commanded to him in Horev for kol Yisrael, with the chukim and mishpatim.
5 Behold, I will send you Eliyahu ha navi before the coming
of the great and dreadful Yom YHVH:
6 And he shall turn the lev (heart) of the ahvot (fathers) to the children, and the lev (heart) of the children to their ahvot (fathers), lest I come and smite the earth with a curse through utter destruction.

The end of the lost is to be burned and cease to exist.

Now will these things created by men eventually be used as the means for accomplishing this purpose?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/11/2008 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
I sense that these guys are up to some very evil project. its like they are trying to bring something over from another dimension. after all there are 7 dimensions curled up after the first 4. Part of the collider you need a security clearance to go to.
Emperor Kenton
User ID: 398033
United States
04/11/2008 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I sense that these guys are up to some very evil project. its like they are trying to bring something over from another dimension.
---------------------------
Goes like this:
RIDDLE
Freddy:
"What is at the basis of Everything?"
Teddy:
"Umm...Nothing?"

What in fact is at the basis of reality? Anything? N0-thing? Probability only-- that is you hold a rock in your hand and you see this rock, why, because the probability is high at the moment that there will be a rock or the hand holding it or the entity witnessing it. This is Matrix-y type o' reckoning or questioning....

Deal is:
The Cern buckos are trying to find the God Particle which may or may not exist.
[link to news.bbc.co.uk]

If there is no underlying particle what we now call physics or street reality might be...over. OVER!

Yay-Zeus, thanks for the cool dream...

Poof...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 369375
Australia
04/11/2008 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I sense that these guys are up to some very evil project. its like they are trying to bring something over from another dimension. after all there are 7 dimensions curled up after the first 4. Part of the collider you need a security clearance to go to.

Thanks, OP, for sharing. You're worried about this too. And in a sense you are a reluctant spectator.

The thing is these guys who follow orders against their own better judgment are indeed putting their very souls on the line. And they'll lose.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 376839
Canada
04/11/2008 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
My questions

a) To whose benefit is this technology?
b) How do you design technology that has unknown result?
c) How do you get funding for technology yielding unknown result?
d) Who is accountable for an unintended consequence having global impacts?

This whole ill-advised venture smacks of provided requirement.

Is it one end of an alien elevator or something?

GLP