I work at CERN

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 410574
United States
04/11/2008 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I work at CERN
You wouldn't believe how cold helium is. We use a double vaccum jacketed transfer pipe from the axillary dewars to the niobium magnet windings. the inner tube is where the helium flows, and the outer jacket we have liquid nitrogen.
Its better that it sees a 77 kelvin environment than a 300 kelvin environment. these pipes themselves cost 10K dollars a foot.

The magnets reach a field density of 40 telsa. a bit more than a MRI magnet. some of the vaccum engineers i know tell me that if take all of the vacuum and put it under atmospheric pressure you would squeeze it to the volume of a grain of sand. that is how Good these systems are. The actual technology takes a long time to discuss.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 380882
Finland
04/11/2008 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
You wouldn't believe how cold helium is. We use a double vaccum jacketed transfer pipe from the axillary dewars to the niobium magnet windings. the inner tube is where the helium flows, and the outer jacket we have liquid nitrogen.
Its better that it sees a 77 kelvin environment than a 300 kelvin environment. these pipes themselves cost 10K dollars a foot.

The magnets reach a field density of 40 telsa. a bit more than a MRI magnet. some of the vaccum engineers i know tell me that if take all of the vacuum and put it under atmospheric pressure you would squeeze it to the volume of a grain of sand. that is how Good these systems are. The actual technology takes a long time to discuss.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 410574

you´d be a lot more credible if you could spell the terms right amigo...
RonOh
User ID: 391651
United States
04/11/2008 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
YES!!!!!!

I believe he is the REAL DEAL
5a bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 413490
Venezuela
04/11/2008 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/11/2008 04:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
You got to understand that I am just a technician and not a writer. I am about to head off for the day. Work keeps me busy, and i am tired.
Treasure Bound

User ID: 358243
United States
04/11/2008 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
RonOh
4/11/2008 2:26 PM Re: I work at CERN Quote

I can tell if he is actually a person that works there with cryogenic piping. I worked at a company that designed the cryogenic systems that are in use around the World, like NASA, General Dynamics, etc.. (I was one of the Designers)

"physicist" please tell me what is attached to any one section of the cryogenic pipe? That is; the pipe between the flanges that make up a section.

And with the correct answer I can determine if this or not!

YES!!!!!!

I believe he is the REAL DEAL
5a bump
 Quoting: RonOh 391651

so you are saying that the technical part he was describing is accurate? okay now I am starting to freak out a little

wtf

<<~~~~seems I can only handle GLP bullshit
"We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"--Native-American proverb

People were created to be loved while things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is that, things are being loved and people are being used

:Treasures122:

In Solidarity with Janey
[link to i25.photobucket.com]
Darza

User ID: 378572
Netherlands
04/11/2008 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can tell if he is actually a person that works there with cryogenic piping. I worked at a company that designed the cryogenic systems that are in use around the World, like NASA, General Dynamics, etc.. (I was one of the Designers)

"physicist" please tell me what is attached to any one section of the cryogenic pipe? That is; the pipe between the flanges that make up a section.

And with the correct answer I can determine if this bsflag or not!

Thanks RonOh, i love glp.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 369375
Australia
04/11/2008 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Treasure Bound

LOL. That is funny
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 413477
United States
04/11/2008 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
This very much sounds like an Episode of the Venture Brothers.
RonOh
United States
04/11/2008 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Quoting:Treasure Bound
User ID: 358243
4/11/2008 5:27 PM

so you are saying that the technical part he was describing is accurate? okay now I am starting to freak out a little

And:
Darza
User ID: 378572
4/11/2008 5:27 PM

Thanks RonOh, i love glp.

OP did not answer the specific question that asked of him, but he did give enough information that I could determine that only someone who works with or closely too a cryogenic system would know.
I do believe he works at CERN!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 411215
United States
04/11/2008 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 403022
United States
04/11/2008 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
My questions

a) To whose benefit is this technology?
b) How do you design technology that has unknown result?
c) How do you get funding for technology yielding unknown result?
d) Who is accountable for an unintended consequence having global impacts?

This whole ill-advised venture smacks of provided requirement.

a) - Reptilian drakos, zeta reticulan greys that have aligned with the reptilians, their assorted allies (some humanoid, some not), those of the dark side that have been imprisoned/quarantined/banished to earth in astral and alternate dimensions (from where they have had access to us at will), and the so-called earthly elite who are controlled like puppets from another dimension anyway -not in the Icke style of shape-shifters but more like demonic possession. They obviously wish to escape before the forthcoming inevitable events bring forth their demise.

b) - The technology that they have is so far in advance of earth originated technology that the end result is only unknown to human scientists. Many of them (the scientists) are even unaware of the what they have actually built. They are just little pawns anyway.
Your question could relate to any black project technology that is kept quiet from the average public and even the scientific community.

c) - The same way that all black project or dangerous weapons that work against humanity is funded - endless trillions available from the wealth mined and stolen from humanity since day one. Pennies to them and just a tool in the charade for public scrutiny.

Oh, and who are you?

This is all about timetravel and escaping the unknown future?
d) - If humans have been unable to find those responsible for 911 when it is so patently obvious to even the lowliest truth seeker, then those that are responsible in the human ranks are not too worried about the consequences. The beings that have been imprisoned/ quarantined here are not even vaguely concerned with the end results to others on earth. They seek release before their demise and are most dangerous and reckless.

Earth humans will most definitely need help from beyond their veil in order to prevent this as this is larger than them at this late stage and there is extreme desperation involved. The so-called alien wars continue. The dark one's can never win but they will try to create much destruction and will try to take as many out as they can while cornered. This is not science fiction anymore.

Is it one end of an alien elevator or something?

More like an escape hatch or tunnel.
-------------------------------------
take of this as you will but at least give it some inner thought before listening to the fools that keep babbling on about god particles and anti-matter with such casual abandon. The kind of things that are quite alien to them but of course they must do their jobs and quite the public outcry.
 Quoting: CERN Observer 288438
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I had a crazy dream sometime back, maybe a few months ago that was very lifelike and real...a factory or some type of plant situated between a river with three forks melted down or something either blew up, melted down or went wrong. I felt the fear of nearly 5 different people as I seemed to be seeing fragments of this dream through the eyes of these different people.

One was an anxious mother on the phone with her daycare provider telling the person on the other end to leave quickly. Another was a man dashing out from some ominous looking room with a labyrinth of pipes, tubes and compressors. He was holding his jacket over his nose and mouth and really scrambling in a panic to get out. He ended up breaking a window with a chair and jumping out of it and safely making it from 2 stories down I estimate.

There was a massive traffic jam out of the compound, and the upper echelons of the plant were leaving in helicopters landing down on a picnic area by the river. The workers were lamenting and yelling about this. Everyone was in a real panic to be ghost, and most people were either on their cellphones trying to get a signal or in their cars in the long traffic jam to leave the compound.

I do recall seeing some Authority Figures dressed in dark blue or black uniforms, they rode in white vans up towards the top of the road where the people fleeing were coming out of. They were hastily directing traffic and seemed really uptight. I can't say if they were police or what.

I remember someone yelling on the compound from the mass of people escaped or trying to escape from the buliding, "25 more minutes till critical!!"

There was also a daycare somewhere very close nearby. I felt the panic of a day care provider who was missing a kid among the hubbbub to get out fast (later the kid was found).

OP: Hmmm. Can a catastrophe occur at your plant that would sound similar to this scenario in my dream? Note: I didn't see any news choppers in the area. Only the helicopters the top dogs were fleeing on. It seemed either this got no airplay, or the area these people were in had been quarantined. Could this happen?
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

And with the correct answer I can determine if this bsflag or not!

Ever thought he or she would be dumbing it down as one of several (likely) of his or her CYA maneuvers? Just a thought.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 412747
Venezuela
04/11/2008 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ever thought he or she would be dumbing it down as one of several (likely) of his or her CYA maneuvers? Just a thought.

Please explain "CYA maneuvers"
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Please explain "CYA maneuvers"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 391651

Cover

Your

Ass
RonOh
United States
04/11/2008 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm lost!
What would he be covering???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 388559
United States
04/11/2008 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm lost!

I think the poster is trying to say that he/she might be trying on purpose to be vague and getting some technical stuff words wrong just for plausible denial later if they are caught by superiors posting. But they are hopefully trying to get enough right so that we will believe.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/11/2008 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm lost!

Maybe if he truly works there and has a position of influence and the knowledge to speak about the goings on (and the compassion to tell others) he would do so VERY anonymously. I'm sure ratting on the dark labs clandestine doings would not be in an employess best interest to do traceably. For all we know, he could be doing this from a public library or a stolen blackberry to remain anonymous and off their radar. I mean, if he truly is a physicist employed there, why would he admit to that? Why would he use the correct technical terms they use? Why would he bother trying to sound 100% legit when that would greatly be to his disadvantage? I think the typos and "thingy ma bopper" jargon are like a cat covering shit in a litter box. He dosen't want to be smelled, if this is legit...and with the scope and magnitude to the activities going on there and security level, whay the hell would he want to?
a passing cloud

User ID: 222706
United States
04/11/2008 07:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
what do you think it would take [in terms of preliminary results] to get them to abort the experiment?

this would make a great irwin allen 70's disaster movie.
why did i send myself to this world?? there must have been a reason.
Jeanne
User ID: 413602
Germany
04/11/2008 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I want to warn people that we are days away from the very first fireup. we are testing the magnet array as I type. the actual day is a kept secret becuase of the controversy surrounding black holes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 410574

Yes that was the event what have destroyed the civilation of Atlantis

again
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 388559
United States
04/11/2008 08:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 407906
Japan
04/11/2008 08:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
My questions

a) To whose benefit is this technology?
b) How do you design technology that has unknown result?
c) How do you get funding for technology yielding unknown result?
d) Who is accountable for an unintended consequence having global impacts?

This whole ill-advised venture smacks of provided requirement.

a) - Reptilian drakos, zeta reticulan greys that have aligned with the reptilians, their assorted allies (some humanoid, some not), those of the dark side that have been imprisoned/quarantined/banished to earth in astral and alternate dimensions (from where they have had access to us at will), and the so-called earthly elite who are controlled like puppets from another dimension anyway -not in the Icke style of shape-shifters but more like demonic possession. They obviously wish to escape before the forthcoming inevitable events bring forth their demise.
 Quoting: CERN Observer 288438

"The animusae are coming into our physical universe and joining with the herpisaurian race to renew their old battle against humanity. Right now the animusae are demons in the astral realm that have wreaked havoc upon the Earth by inhabiting bodies... i.e. demon possession... of many powerful leaders as well as ordinary people, that is the ones who are not already shape shifting reptilians.

The reptilian bloodline is alive today running things. Many of the popes were shapeshifting reptilians. If our pineal glands were fully functional we would see them! Watch "They Live" and you will see this truth portrayed in drama form."

[link to www.geocities.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
04/12/2008 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I want to tell you guys about myself.I had no idea that GLP ever existed unit last week when a 911 truther I know who works as a editor for Tribune de Genève a newspaper told me over a beer at a local pub while I was away from work. I have got to say that I am very impressed with you guys. You need to understand that cern is not just one group but a collaboration of several groups.
LHC – Large Hadron Collider Project(this is the place I work in but I am in technical support)
* LCG – LHC Computing Grid
* EGEE – Enabling Grids for e-science in Europe
* CNGS – CERN Neutrinos to Gran Sasso
* CLIC – Compact Linear Collider study

I graduated from a 2nd tier technical school similar to but not worchester poly or caltech. I hold an active US security clearance. This means there are some things I cannot tell you about or else i will disappear. The scientist who work in the beam facility probably have a much higher clearance. I got this job through a connection I made while working at boeing. I have only been here about three months. The first day I got here a noticed a strange feeling. It wasn't until a month ago i did some research and found out there was real controversy over supposed black holes and maybe opening of new dimensions.

I am off for the night. A few guys from the LCG are inviting me to a night of poker. I really hope that that I dont lose my
paycheck again. CERN has free blueberry muffins early in the morning. really do miss dunkin donuts.
Starseeder

User ID: 322788
Canada
04/12/2008 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
That thing is so huge it's terrifying.
[link to www.darkroastedblend.com]
Simplicity is the key to Heaven...more than ever.

Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Mat 18:3)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 412511
United States
04/12/2008 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, you may be the real deal, but then again.... since you like Dunkin Donuts, will give you the benefit of doubt. What throws me is you post some observations re: the tone at LHC, yet state you'll "disappear" if you share other things. If I was concerned about "disappearing", would I be posting here thru a traceable ISP ? And if I was the real deal, and decided to post here, I wouldn't hold back since I would probably get nailed for sharing any observations anyway. But, if you're not the real deal, you weave a good story ! Poof !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 290624
United States
04/12/2008 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, what is the real reason of the particle accelerator's existence? Are they trying to build a worm-hole into another dimension? Are they trying to build a time machine?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 414147
United States
04/12/2008 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
OOOOOHHHH!!!!
Teleport me one of them blueberry muffins!!!!
I bet CERN has one hell of a toaster. While your at it, open up one of them wormholes and add some Philly Cream cheese with it (and keep them worms out of it!).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 403022
United States
04/12/2008 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bring me a hovercraft!

GLP