Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,634 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 495,819
Pageviews Today: 803,586Threads Today: 228Posts Today: 4,216
08:25 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I work alongside NSA and know their missions.

Tell me your concerns
User ID: 410940
United States
05/22/2008 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I work alongside NSA and know their missions.
I'm very tired of everyone thinking that NSA spies on citizens and am here to "try" to persuade you all otherwise. I know it makes for good conversation to say "NSA is watching our every move", but the fact is they are not.

While I don't have a full 360 degree view of NSA, I know the majority of what they (we) do. I've had the benefit of working along side of them (us) for many years.

Please ask away. I of course cannot speak of certain things, so if your question is a close call I'll let you know or not answer it.

I'm working through a proxy so I'll update every so often (if any).

Ask away.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 437439
United States
05/22/2008 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I work alongside NSA and know their missions.
Hi, I'm the government and I'm here to help. Yeah right.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 437429
United States
05/22/2008 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm very tired of everyone thinking that NSA spies on citizens and am here to "try" to persuade you all otherwise. I know it makes for good conversation to say "NSA is watching our every move", but the fact is they are not.

While I don't have a full 360 degree view of NSA, I know the majority of what they (we) do. I've had the benefit of working along side of them (us) for many years.

Please ask away. I of course cannot speak of certain things, so if your question is a close call I'll let you know or not answer it.

Ask away.
 Quoting: Tell me your concerns 410940

NSA has some decent mathematicians. I see their solutions to problems from the American Mathematical Monthly every now and then. hm so... what do you know about me?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi, I'm the government and I'm here to help. Yeah right.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 437439

I am not here to help. There is no help I can give to those who are paranoid or obsessed with NSA. Even the movies, which are not true, contribute with the paranoria. I can only address general mission statements and tell you from a general standpoint what they (we) do and do not do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 433396
United Kingdom
05/22/2008 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Know what I'm concerned about? the governments around the world abducting people via ufo technology, implanting them with microchips and then projecting false realities into their brains.

Another thing I'm concerned about is this whole ascension thing and this 2012 business. I'm concerned about it being artificially induced via technology ie HAARP etc.

I could go on and on but I wont! so if you have any info please indulge us civvies with your insider information! lets have a laugh eh! lol
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ask away.

NSA has some decent mathematicians. I see their solutions to problems from the American Mathematical Monthly every now and then. hm so... what do you know about me?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 437429

You are right about the math gurus. They have developed some amazing algorithms.

Haha, I know nothing about you. I'm not in the collection business. There are others who collect, but unless you are 1) foreign and 2)a valid target given down as a tasking order.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7315
United States
05/22/2008 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm concerned about their level of competancy. What is their average IQ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 249605
China
05/22/2008 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do you know of Charter Trading?
tenille osman

User ID: 432808
United Kingdom
05/22/2008 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
What is the difference between the NSA and the CIA since your both concerned with a) Intelligence gathering and b)protecting the US.Do you ever work with MI5 and MI6?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 384869
United States
05/22/2008 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
i love role playing lmao
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 436869
United States
05/22/2008 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
well, I'll tell you what. YOu start asking about satellite based microwave domestic surveillance and let's see how long your good relationship lasts.

Either you've been duped or a Know Nothing.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Know what I'm concerned about? the governments around the world abducting people via ufo technology, implanting them with microchips and then projecting false realities into their brains.

Another thing I'm concerned about is this whole ascension thing and this 2012 business. I'm concerned about it being artificially induced via technology ie HAARP etc.

I could go on and on but I wont! so if you have any info please indulge us civvies with your insider information! lets have a laugh eh! lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 433396

I too am concerned with this, but this is not a NSA mission. NSA deals with information only. They (we) might pass along our information to other departments for their use, but we only deal with information.

Of course everything I say is "off the record" but I again must stress that NSA (that which I am speaking of) has nothing to do with what you have mentioned. To be honest, I know nothing about what you have mentioned other than my reading here at GLP. In my personal opinion, I agree with your theory on ascension. Please keep in mind how everything seems to be advancing more and more as the time draws near. There was one main religion (or thought) in America during the beginning. As we draw closer to the "end credits" look at how different opinions and memes work their way into peoples thoughts.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 437429
United States
05/22/2008 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
So this is a follow-up question: you said valid targets. Do you guys keep track of "anarcho-primitivists" and associated people? For instance, Earth Liberation Front, Animal Liberation Front, and others who are so-called ecoterrorists? Do you guys keep track of their publications and who submits articles to them? etc.
Spiritual Scambuster

User ID: 370081
United Kingdom
05/22/2008 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bump!
“When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them”
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm concerned about their level of competancy. What is their average IQ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7315

I'm not sure I can address this question. We don't keep these types of records. We hire a wide array of workers at the contractor, military, and government service levels. I know saying we have many mathematicians, statisticians, computer engineers, software engineers and accountants doesn't necessarily mean there is a high IQ.

What I do know is that there are some AWESOME government service employees that are amazing at coding and software development. There are many military employees that are good, but they always seem to be preoccupied with their uniforms and time off to make any significance. From a contractor standpoint they are required to make sure their jobs are done to the T, but I've seen many contractors take shortcuts.

So I'd say that the government service employees have the highest IQ. These are the ones that come from research centers at educational institutions. I'd also like to point out that there are VERY strict requirements to even get into a room at NSA. There is a indepth background check and process before you are even allowed to look at the front door.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do you know of Charter Trading?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 249605

I've only come across a few of them but I believe they were from a larger operation in Florida. If they are 8A, they have probably partnered with a larger corporation.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
What is the difference between the NSA and the CIA since your both concerned with a) Intelligence gathering and b)protecting the US.Do you ever work with MI5 and MI6?
 Quoting: tenille osman

My kind of question, generally answered of course. They are only the same from a technology standpoint. CIA is mainly covert. They have many methods of data collection, but mainly rely of HUMINT. They are covert for obvious reasons and I know nothing outside of this. NSA gathers its information strictly by technology. Although it can be considered overt, the technology (hardware and software) is rather not spoke of. I won't say the types here, but they are on the internet. And these days, most collection does take place within the internet. Gone are the days of huge sats and antennas. With this said, I must also say again that the collection takes place from foreign sources only. There are many executive orders that limits what they (we) can do and can not do.

I personally do not work with them, but all allies share information with each other (providing it clears all proper channels). But basically, if they are an English speaking country, chances are the info is shared.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
So this is a follow-up question: you said valid targets. Do you guys keep track of "anarcho-primitivists" and associated people? For instance, Earth Liberation Front, Animal Liberation Front, and others who are so-called ecoterrorists? Do you guys keep track of their publications and who submits articles to them? etc.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 437429

NSA only collects data on valid "foreign" targets. If the groups you referenced are domestic, the FBI among other organizations would handle this. And remember, there are some agencies that perform both foreign and domestic covertly. In all my experience I have NOT seen any info collected "by NSA" on foreign groups as you have mentioned. That is not to say that it isn't being collected by another agency, BECAUSE this information IS available to NSA. But it's really no worthwhile as our mission is more in line with what you see on TV.
tenille osman

User ID: 432808
United Kingdom
05/22/2008 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for your reply and I see in the Washongton post that you are getting a pay rise but I was interested to read that the intelligence agencies in the US employ about 10,000 civilian.Is this figure referring to logistics or are they actively involved in intellgence gathering?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 436869
United States
05/22/2008 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
DOESN'T THIS ALL SOUND SO BENIGN?

It's not!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
well, I'll tell you what. YOu start asking about satellite based microwave domestic surveillance and let's see how long your good relationship lasts.

Either you've been duped or a Know Nothing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 436869

What, do you want to know if it exists? It does, but not domestically. I should say "not domestically BY NSA". ECH is a huge system and does collect much data. My relationship is permanent. I'm a life long member. ;)

Here is the deal, which should appease your couriosity. There is nothing that limits other countries from collecting on Americans. This is not to say we don't have jammers in place to safeguard against this, but again, information is shared between allies.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 336381
United States
05/22/2008 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
What do you mean you "work alongside NSA"? Are you a contractor? I have a couple friends who are career NSA employees. These are lifelong friends that I see on a regular basis - the kind friends you can drink into the wee hours with, talking about everything under the sun - except for one thing. They never talk about their work or even generally about the agency. I just went to a funeral last Friday and one of these friends couldn't be there because he was out of the country. We asked his wife where he was, and even SHE didn't know. It's unreal how secretive these guys are about their work.

So, sorry. If you're saying you work directly for NSA, I just have a hard time believing it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for your reply and I see in the Washongton post that you are getting a pay rise but I was interested to read that the intelligence agencies in the US employ about 10,000 civilian.Is this figure referring to logistics or are they actively involved in intellgence gathering?
 Quoting: tenille osman

This is referring to government service employees only. It includes both groups, missions and support. In the bigger picture, the number is much higher as there are many contractors and military personel that perform gathering and support. Truth be told, there are not really that many "gathers" these days. Computers do most of the collecting and filter the info to accomodate the tasking order. The majority of people these days simply print out reports, install wires, develop new software models, run virus scans and network scans, take up space and have endless meetings about nothing. haha

The bread and butter of NSA is a small number. One of the great things about computers doing all the collecting is that it limits the "need to know" factor. Thus only a few people actually have access to the information that is deemed "classified".
Omega

User ID: 405735
United States
05/22/2008 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

I too am concerned with this, but this is not a NSA mission. NSA deals with information only. They (we) might pass along our information to other departments for their use, but we only deal with information.

Of course everything I say is "off the record" but I again must stress that NSA (that which I am speaking of) has nothing to do with what you have mentioned. To be honest, I know nothing about what you have mentioned other than my reading here at GLP. In my personal opinion, I agree with your theory on ascension. Please keep in mind how everything seems to be advancing more and more as the time draws near. There was one main religion (or thought) in America during the beginning. As we draw closer to the "end credits" look at how different opinions and memes work their way into peoples thoughts.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 410940

You are either a dumbass or a dataminer. You are clueless concerning the mandate of the NSA. I suggest you read the book * The Puzzle Palace* and gain a fucking clue.
Handguns are a skill; shotguns an art; rifles a science.

Disarmament is the precursor to Genocide.

Better to take action now rather than chances later. Your choice.
Underground_Dude
User ID: 437473
Germany
05/22/2008 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
You are either a dumbass or a dataminer. You are clueless concerning the mandate of the NSA. I suggest you read the book * The Puzzle Palace* and gain a fucking clue.
 Quoting: Omega

Agreed!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 426392
United States
05/22/2008 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Have you been working as a shill long?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 437485
Germany
05/22/2008 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

You don't have a clue who Charter Trading is and if you worked with/for the NSA or the CIA you would.

Florida? MMMMKKKKK

NSA only uses electronic collection? MMMMKKKKK
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
What do you mean you "work alongside NSA"? Are you a contractor? I have a couple friends who are career NSA employees. These are lifelong friends that I see on a regular basis - the kind friends you can drink into the wee hours with, talking about everything under the sun - except for one thing. They never talk about their work or even generally about the agency. I just went to a funeral last Friday and one of these friends couldn't be there because he was out of the country. We asked his wife where he was, and even SHE didn't know. It's unreal how secretive these guys are about their work.

So, sorry. If you're saying you work directly for NSA, I just have a hard time believing it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 336381

I was both military and contractor.
Well, some people like to pretend their McGyver or Bond. Your friends get training all the time on espionage and executive orders and propaganda like "loose lips sink ships" poster boards. Depending on how long they have been there, they are part of the old system meme. The thing most people keep thinking is of NSA as a building or strictly agency. NSA is an idea, an idea to protect national interests and military operations. So there are places that are unmentioned, but it's not glorious. There are many things that are "secret", but what really is secret? Who determines what value information is?

I would NEVER speak of classified information, it's actually quite boring and mostly available on CNN. I stated in the beginning I only want to change peoples minds about NSA as spying on them personally. Now my concern is that you'll speak with your friends, who in turn, will ask "who told you that". Then they'll try to tell someone about this website, then on and on. It's true you can assemble classified info based on unclassified pieces of information. I don't think I've put up any puzzle pieces yet nor do I intend to. I would ask that you not stir anything with talking to your friends though.

In regards to the wife who didn't know, I find that hard to believe. She was either pulling your leg, the husband is living in a Bond image, or he works for another agency. I've never been asked to keep my travels quiet.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Omega

Read a book? haha That's cute. So a largely circulated book in the public hands speaks of the "mandate" of NSA. I don't think that's an accurate statement.

I still have respect for your garden and financial doom posts, but you are a very pushy individual.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Agreed!
 Quoting: Underground_Dude 437473

Can I get a third?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
05/22/2008 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Have you been working as a shill long?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 426392

No, I'm not a "shill", but I'm not saying it doesn't exist.

I've been here for quite a while. I like reading on the financial and spiritual postings. I've been let down a few times, but overall I enjoy GLP (outside of the language some use).

GLP