Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3640251
United States
10/28/2011 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What the FUCk is this HUMMing SOund
OP-

I have this happen too... especially late at night and into the early hours of the morning.

I have also shut off everything in my house and when I open the door to outside, I still cannot tell where it is coming from. I have walked all through my apartment and it seems to be stronger in certain points, however, it comes from ABOVE and there is nobody above me. I live on the top floor.

It is a low-frequency "rotational" vibration.

The VERY BEST I can describe this noise is if you are lying in a very silent house and hear a ceiling fan running, except with a vibrational HUMMMMM to it. The noise it makes definitely sounds like it is rotating a very large rotation.

That being said, we have had many, many, many UFO sightings in the past few months... we have reported a lot of them and it has now gone on for so long, we have gotten some video and pictures of them. Although, they do not make noise like this that I hear late at night, it's really the only thing that could be SO bizarre.

ALSO: We have experienced on 2 separate occasions a mysterious SHOTGUN BANG! that sounded like it came from right outside our window on the second floor. It was so loud, it made my gut sink to my feet the first time it happened. I really couldn't move for seconds as I could not explain what it was at all. The first time there was a flash of light with it, briefly saw it through the blinds. The second time it happened, there was a steady rumble afterwards, but like a rumble from the sky, NOT from the Earth.

Very hard to explain, but no you're definitely not crazy.
my head hums like a truck
User ID: 5387055
United States
11/14/2011 05:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the morning and night and now all day. I think it is from anti-depressants I used to take... wellbutrin.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4467836
Canada
11/14/2011 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have read that some people are more sensitive to the ELF that the earth emanates as the plates move, esp. before an earthquake.

But if it is this:
[link to www.youtube.com]

Then other than the fact I would lose my mind listening to that while trying to sleep, I don't know.
olaf
User ID: 5359380
Netherlands
11/14/2011 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
they are almost human , lol.
Skuless
User ID: 5454220
United States
11/15/2011 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
My friend hears two tones sometimes, like a low frequency harmonic thing happening.

Is that what you are hearing?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 475501

yes im also hear two tones low and high only when its quiet and theres no other noise around but but as soon as there is another sound no mater how loud or quiet it could be a pin drop and it cancels it out I live in nj and ive bien hearing this on and off for 2 years
x_x

User ID: 1356430
United States
11/15/2011 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yep I posted a thread about it a few weeks ago too with little response
x_x
Iolair

User ID: 5433447
Germany
11/15/2011 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi,

are there trucks anywhere near you?
I have had troubles with a humming sound as described here with a nearby company who delivered fruits and vegetables, which needed to be cooled. It was so terrible, I had to go to the court. It´s the coolingsystem of the trucks that create this lowlevel sound. Like described, it´s not really in your ears, but feels like it´s literally goind through your bones. Maybe this could be it.
There will come a time when you believe everything ends.
This will be the beginning
[Louis L'Amour]

~ A r c t u r u s
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4794298
United States
11/28/2011 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been mystically instructed to feed a frequency generator into a sub-cage with various healing tones, too...the most important one being the Schumann Resonance which corresponds to the natural one for your area...commonly said to be 7.83 Hz.
 Quoting: Gannon

It was 7.83hz until about '82. It's been steadily raising. I think it's around 13-14hz now:

[link to www.lunarplanner.com]

I think we're headed into which is ultra-violet. Basically into a new octave.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4794298
United States
11/28/2011 01:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Think this has anything to do with the FEMA/FCC Takeover/Reset?

Maybe their testing their sound weapons?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7365607
United States
12/20/2011 03:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Loud hum/rubble in Dallas. Sounds mechanical.
copsne

User ID: 7079025
United States
12/23/2011 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Loud hum/rubble in Dallas. Sounds mechanical.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7365607

I am developing a map of the hums through out the US (over 500 points so far), and if possible keeping your confidentiality, can posters tell me at least the town and state they are hearing or feeling the sensations of the hum- that is idling diesel inside home, some hear it more as a "bizzing sound- and proven not tinnuitis", ear pressure, heaviness feeling like a bass speaker playing, tingly vibrations on the bottoms of your feet inside the home, heard inside a parked vehicle, etc.

Thanks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7314296
United States
12/23/2011 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
lmao My guess is ..you live in a gated GAY neighborhood??lmao
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1486940
United States
12/23/2011 12:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
My 14 year old complains a lot about this, he says it sounds like the humming of a mosquito or something.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6997268
United States
12/23/2011 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I often hear low level drone like humming outside, and as seems to be the trend, it's only late at night. There have been stretches where I've heard it many nights in a row, and there have been stretches where a fairly long period of time has passed in between. I'd say the last time I heard it was a couple of weeks ago. I've noticed it for at least a few years now, and was always very curious about it... it really sticks out like a sore thumb when you're outdoors in an otherwise quiet area. To the person who is keeping track, this is in the suburban Twin Cities area.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6831522
United States
12/23/2011 01:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
For the past month or so I have been hearing a very low level humming sound. No one else hears it and I'm starting to wonder WTF is going on. I hear it mostly at night and early morning, because I'm guessing it's the quiet time of the day (night).

This humming is not constant, it sounds like an electric motor trying to cycle. I've turned off all the curcuits in the house so I know it's not from within the house. I can even hear it when I'm out in the woods or at the neighbors house.
It's really starting to bug me out!

And no it's not tinnitus.
 Quoting: bugging out 433091

it could be your computer, your tv, you alarm clock, a sqeaky fan at night... it can be a number of things.

you have to unplug and turn everything off around you to tell if it's abnormal in nature.
 Quoting: BriGuy

I don't think I can stand the stupidity of posters anymore. You are a fucking idiot.
Leeeee

User ID: 7634706
United States
12/23/2011 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
I started hearing the humming sound a year ago in Bedford County, Virginia. Out in the middle of nowhere. I figured a farmer was running some kind of generator and I'd have to track it down sometime. Then I started spending time 75miles up the road in Staunton and I'm hearing the same sound. My first thought was something is definitely wrong with me. Then I did a google search, and as you all know, this seems to be a common thing. I can drown it out with music, but at times it gets really irritating.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7551763
Mexico
12/24/2011 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
OMG I hear the ringing too look here's the proof!!!!!!!!!Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh...

[link to www.thehunchblog.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2112597
United States
12/24/2011 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
i hear it to. have to turn on tv to sleep.
Risqman

User ID: 7391717
United States
12/24/2011 03:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
My friend hears two tones sometimes, like a low frequency harmonic thing happening.

yes im also hear two tones low and high only when its quiet and theres no other noise around but but as soon as there is another sound no mater how loud or quiet it could be a pin drop and it cancels it out I live in nj and ive bien hearing this on and off for 2 years
 Quoting: Skuless 5454220

I am also hearing 2 distinct tones- one higher pitched and the other like a low oscillating tone.
My big issue is that it's so loud to me I have to turn up the TV or computer to drown it out!
My hearing is ultra sensitive anyway since I can hear those stupid electronic devices that you plug into the wall to scare off mice & bugs, so this is nuts!
I live on the Maryland-Delaware border and my cousin who lives in SE Ohio hears it as well and she lives in the middle of nowhere where nothing could be making the noise!
Also an added note- I have found wireless signals in parts of my house even when I cut the power off. The IR detector fluxuates especially higher parts of the house near the roof.
Could this be some sort of high end IR fields causing the noise as well???
wtf
GalaxyWatcher

User ID: 6706192
United States
12/24/2011 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
For the past month or so I have been hearing a very low level humming sound. No one else hears it and I'm starting to wonder WTF is going on. I hear it mostly at night and early morning, because I'm guessing it's the quiet time of the day (night).

This humming is not constant, it sounds like an electric motor trying to cycle. I've turned off all the curcuits in the house so I know it's not from within the house. I can even hear it when I'm out in the woods or at the neighbors house.

Thank god i've been hearing them for about a month too i thought i was the only one. they almost seem like their coming from the air i can feel a slight vibration as well, do you live on the east coast, because thats where i stay and hear them at. It only happens at nighttime from what i notice most at 12am-5:30am but when the sun comes up SILENCE
I will save this world or be forced to destroy it.
Gannon

User ID: 7653135
United States
12/24/2011 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Skuless 5454220

I am also hearing 2 distinct tones- one higher pitched and the other like a low oscillating tone.
My big issue is that it's so loud to me I have to turn up the TV or computer to drown it out!
My hearing is ultra sensitive anyway since I can hear those stupid electronic devices that you plug into the wall to scare off mice & bugs, so this is nuts!
I live on the Maryland-Delaware border and my cousin who lives in SE Ohio hears it as well and she lives in the middle of nowhere where nothing could be making the noise!
Also an added note- I have found wireless signals in parts of my house even when I cut the power off. The IR detector fluxuates especially higher parts of the house near the roof.
Could this be some sort of high end IR fields causing the noise as well???
wtf
 Quoting: Risqman

Same thing happening in Detroit. I've been adding up a few loose hints and tidbits and believe we're onto something...some of it done on purpose to disturb sleep and get the population reliant upon various forms of medication. Some nightmare-inducing in a real-life version of the cartoon-movie Monster's, Inc. That one is tough to explain.

As for your measurements, please tell me you are actually measuring RF. If you've got IR in hidden places, we've taken an odd turn.

Cheers,
John
Detroit

Last Edited by Gannon on 12/24/2011 10:35 AM
Gadfly and Rogue Philosopher
Gannon

User ID: 7653135
United States
12/24/2011 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thank god i've been hearing them for about a month too i thought i was the only one. they almost seem like their coming from the air i can feel a slight vibration as well, do you live on the east coast, because thats where i stay and hear them at. It only happens at nighttime from what i notice most at 12am-5:30am but when the sun comes up SILENCE
 Quoting: GalaxyWatcher

Ambient noise masks this, if you are untrained to focus your hearing. Even trained, loud noises overwhelm our hearing. During the day, there are more noises while during the night, a greater expectation of quiet. Both influence your perception and memory of this phenomenon. It does change from day to night, but never goes away.

The worst warbling tones happen at specific times, and seem to induce nightmares in my partner, whom I've seen stir in her sleep when I've been awake at odd hours. I've got Asperger's Syndrome, which seems to make me immune in some way to the emotional involvement. With my increased perceptions, I have grown used to using a solid silicone earplug from a company called Mack's...which does a more thorough job quelling the negative acoustic energy. If you can handle hearing your own breathing and such...even your heartbeat. The hum is still there, but significantly lowered.

Then you notice it vibrates your brain stem...LOL! We are EM resonant perceptors...but beyond our five blatant senses.

Cheers,
John
Detroit
Gadfly and Rogue Philosopher
JO
User ID: 8713774
United States
01/12/2012 08:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hear it too, for at least a month.
at first it was steady, and now it sound a pitch higher and it pulses at uneven intervals.
Graham
User ID: 658200
New Zealand
01/21/2012 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ive posted this before , but will repeat it for those who missed it ...
Here in Christchurch NZ , Ive discovered the noise - warbling often 2 toned hum/whine to be vacuum units on the back of sweeper trucks ...in the dead of night the noise can travel 10 miles if the vehicals noise baffles are worn .. 5 miles if in good condition

Pinpointing the source once outside is near impossible , but I got lucky with GPS data and a friendly contracts manager of a local sweeping company ......

They were sweeping the Central Business District at night , this has since ceased with the vast "50%+" distruction of the CBD by a series of powerful earthquakes reaking havoc on the city ....God bless Mother Nature ......mind you , I'd sooner wake to a whine/hum than to the house being smashed to death on a regular basis lol .......closing in on 10,000 aftershocks now argh
copsne

User ID: 7079025
United States
01/21/2012 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I often hear low level drone like humming outside, and as seems to be the trend, it's only late at night. There have been stretches where I've heard it many nights in a row, and there have been stretches where a fairly long period of time has passed in between. I'd say the last time I heard it was a couple of weeks ago. I've noticed it for at least a few years now, and was always very curious about it... it really sticks out like a sore thumb when you're outdoors in an otherwise quiet area. To the person who is keeping track, this is in the suburban Twin Cities area.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6997268

Thanks, quite a few from the Minn/ St Paul area. I have the map posted (Nov last update) in the files section of the "humforum" on yahoo. There are a couple others that aren't specific enough to add- Maryland/ Delware and Bedford Cty VA. I need the towns.
True Spirit
User ID: 9645859
Australia
01/26/2012 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been hearing it too, you are not going crazy and there are many others hearing it. What is it? Definitely something not of this world. Disclosure could be sooner than we think.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1362384
United States
01/26/2012 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Are the sounds anything like in the map link

[link to seektress.com]

:hf5:
Going insane in San Diego
User ID: 9855765
United States
01/30/2012 04:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been hearing the noise for over a year now and going crazy. Can't sleep, can't concentrate in my work when there is no other background noise like radio, tv, etc to kind of mask it. Earplugs don't work, and in bed I can also feel the vibration and sometimes I also feel some kind of electrical current going through my legs.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9712461
Australia
01/30/2012 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Your imagination Dick Head .... Snap out of it!
Going insane in San Diego
User ID: 9855765
United States
01/30/2012 05:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
In my case the sound is like the hum or rattle of a running engine, generator, fan, drilling machine or an electrical transformer. It seems to come from the walls or the structure of the house and I can feel the vibration. It varies in intensity, being worst at night. Sometimes it fluctuates like in short fits of stops and starts.

I would like to know how to record it and measure it. From what I have been investigating you need very specialized, sophisticated and expensive equipment to do so.

Does anybody have any suggestion on how to measure and record it?

I have read that the new smart meters for electricity and gas may be causing these noises. Does anybody know anything about this?

Also, which would be the best place to file a complaint? Should the complaint be filed with the EPA, or the government representative or whom?

GLP