What the FUCk is this HUMMing SOund

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9854637
Ukraine
01/30/2012 06:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What the FUCk is this HUMMing SOund
For the past month or so I have been hearing a very low level humming sound. No one else hears it and I'm starting to wonder WTF is going on. I hear it mostly at night and early morning, because I'm guessing it's the quiet time of the day (night).

This humming is not constant, it sounds like an electric motor trying to cycle. I've turned off all the curcuits in the house so I know it's not from within the house. I can even hear it when I'm out in the woods or at the neighbors house.
It's really starting to bug me out!

And no it's not tinnitus.
 Quoting: bugging out 433091

omg.. i heard the same two days ago, at night

i sleep on a mattress on the floor. when i woke up that night and turned on my side, putting an ear to the ground (through mattress) i heard it - like you say a low humm, like pulsing

humm-humm-humm ... (pause) .... humm-humm-humm-humm ... (pause)

could only hear it when i put an ear to the ground, not hearing it otherwise

it was VERY similar to those 'weird sounds' recorded globally.

i think its something in the interior of Earth, tectonic plates crunching and moving, or Earth's core
odinson222

User ID: 1136361
United States
01/30/2012 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello OP

I have been hearing it since about the time I became saved in last September. There are times I hear it and it varies in intensity in one or both ears. Sometimes an ear would be sort of deaf for a while. It is really strange.

I pay attention to a lot of things around me. It seems by 12 month old can hear something also. He rubs his ears most times when I have the changed in volume or frequency. I took him to be looked at several times but no infection. so There is something to this.

God Bless
odinson222

A Man Has Got to Know His Limitations

I am just a sinner trying to make it to heaven!

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
RedSheDevil

User ID: 1132871
Canada
01/30/2012 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]

they called it the taos humm... i have heard it for years.. like a ringing in the ears... earth changes are making it more audible to people you aren't nuts..

Last Edited by RedSheDevil on 01/30/2012 01:40 PM
I really am not nearly as interesting as I should be but I certainly will try to find interest in nearly everything I can be. self quote.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1331430
United States
01/30/2012 11:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bump with a note that this thread was created back in 2008 - well before any of the fake videos were put up!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/30/2012 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bump with a note that this thread was created back in 2008 - well before any of the fake videos were put up!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1331430

I love GLP's related threads feature. Just saw this old thread from five years ago (January 2007) also questioning the Hum:

Thread: Low Hum at Night
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/30/2012 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

I love GLP's related threads feature. Just saw this old thread from five years ago (January 2007) also questioning the Hum:

Thread: Low Hum at Night

Also, there is actually a Wiki page titled The Hum, which quotes sources back to the 1990's (possibly relating to The Taos Hum):

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
dc
User ID: 10133083
United States
02/03/2012 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm in suburbs of philadelphia and i too hear a low constant hum mostly at the quietest times, mostly late evening/very early morning...my husband too thinks im nuts but i know what im hearing...the hum i hear is nothing like those fake videos people have been posting
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10133098
Australia
02/03/2012 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been hearing this hum for many years, occasionally during the day, but mainly at night. I live at 2000ft where it is very quiet, definitely not imagination. Sometimes the house vibrates.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1468340
United States
02/03/2012 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been hearing this vibrating noise since last summer. Tonight I hear it too. It is an energy night.
Slicedog
User ID: 8314293
United States
02/03/2012 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in SE Denver, Colorado - There's a low rhythmic hum like a giant blowing across a huge soda bottle! Frequency varies with the peak volume occuring at intervals of 5 to 20 seconds. It started one morning about Sept. 2011 and was so loud that I could not sleep. Ear plugs do not help. No one else hears it, except my mom when she visited. I asked the water company to test the pressure in the water lines to see if it's vibration due to high pressure. But, they said it's not high.

Noise seemed to stop from about mid-Nov. through Dec., but now it is definitely getting worse and I can discern it any time of day. Last week, I started to hear it in my office 8 miles from home. At least I don't hear it outside!

There's some oil/gas drilling using "fracking" going on about 20 miles away - maybe that's it.

This is getting wierd.
desertsky1
User ID: 10491344
United States
02/10/2012 05:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
it's telling you to listen carefully your getting a message from beyond i know because when i was watching something the message of the song was what i needed to get to let me know everything's gonna work out. see if anything else is in sync with this happening to you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3674642
United States
02/10/2012 05:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yep. I am the OP of this thread. The HUmm has come and gone over the past 4 years, recently it has returned and is pretty constant.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10477916
United Kingdom
02/10/2012 06:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've had this for the last 2 or 3 years. It's a low pitched drone - a bit like a swarm of bees. At one time I thought my roof space must be infested!
It's nothing to do with power as it still happens if we get a power cut.
It's not industry or roads as I live in the middle of nowhere.
I'm not built over a gas main.
I've heard all of these possible explanations and none of them apply to me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10504059
United Kingdom
02/10/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well at least I now know I'm not the chosen one! This humming thing has been driving me nuts for the past 6 months.

It all started one night when I was trying to sleep and I noticed a low frequency humming noise with no obvious source. I never gave it too much thought and eventually drifted off.
The next night there it was again, so I woke my wife and asked her if she could hear it, only for the noise to stop. After laying back down it returned so I asked her if she heard it. She hadn't so again I went to sleep.

Well this went on for a week or two with my wife thinking I was going bananas! I thought it may be my mobile phone as I use it as an alarm clock next to the bed, thinking maybe it was the signal coming and going and interfering with me somehow. Off went the iPhone and iPad for the night but still the humming came.
I decided that it must be something electrical so proceeded to turn off and unplug every electrical item I own. Would you believe it - it was still there in my head that night.

Over the next few weeks I noticed it came and went intermittently through the night, but it always came. Then, a while later, I noticed that if the humming was there in my head and i moved a little - it stopped! Now i was getting somewhere.

Over christmas and new year we went away to France and then Germany and the noise decided to follow me to both locations. This is how I know whatever is going on with me is not location based.

I'm now at a stage where I'll try anything. I'm going to see my GP as a last resort but I don't want him to commit me to an asylum!

Maybe it's a tooth infection,my fillings resonating with the magnetism of the earth or aliens trying to communicate with me somehow. Whatever it is, I'm not interested and want my quiet time back! ;)
hearer2
User ID: 10325938
United States
02/13/2012 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in rural WV & I hear the same exact sound. Some hums are short, some are longer. Some more intense. I can drown it out with a small fan @ night. Sometimes the hum is there sometimes not. It has to be quiet to hear it. (No TV on) It isn't tinittis. I set up a glass of water to check for a vibration, but it doesn't move the water. I just want to know what the heck it is coming from. It seems to be all around.
Hummer
User ID: 6016822
United States
02/16/2012 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's happening in Southern California now. it was waking me up every morning at about 330am. now i'm hearing it slightly at around midnight and gets stronger from then on. woke me up with a strong humm at 530am today. WTF???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11078275
United States
02/19/2012 05:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in Southern California as well and I have been hearing it since last fall. It occurs around the clock without stopping. Fortunately it is masked by other noises much of the day. However, when the sounds of human daily routines fade or cease, the wobble and drone is audible. I live in the San Bernardino Mountains.
Humdinger
User ID: 11078275
United States
02/19/2012 05:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
The last post was mine.
I prefer this handle to Anonymous Coward.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11079097
Ireland
02/19/2012 05:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well at least I now know I'm not the chosen one! This humming thing has been driving me nuts for the past 6 months.

It all started one night when I was trying to sleep and I noticed a low frequency humming noise with no obvious source. I never gave it too much thought and eventually drifted off.
The next night there it was again, so I woke my wife and asked her if she could hear it, only for the noise to stop. After laying back down it returned so I asked her if she heard it. She hadn't so again I went to sleep.

Well this went on for a week or two with my wife thinking I was going bananas! I thought it may be my mobile phone as I use it as an alarm clock next to the bed, thinking maybe it was the signal coming and going and interfering with me somehow. Off went the iPhone and iPad for the night but still the humming came.
I decided that it must be something electrical so proceeded to turn off and unplug every electrical item I own. Would you believe it - it was still there in my head that night.

Over the next few weeks I noticed it came and went intermittently through the night, but it always came. Then, a while later, I noticed that if the humming was there in my head and i moved a little - it stopped! Now i was getting somewhere.

Over christmas and new year we went away to France and then Germany and the noise decided to follow me to both locations. This is how I know whatever is going on with me is not location based.

I'm now at a stage where I'll try anything. I'm going to see my GP as a last resort but I don't want him to commit me to an asylum!

Maybe it's a tooth infection,my fillings resonating with the magnetism of the earth or aliens trying to communicate with me somehow. Whatever it is, I'm not interested and want my quiet time back! ;)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10504059

Its not you. Its been happening here in the west of Ireland. Not every night, now and then over the past few months. Kept me awake and drove the dogs mad, so its not imagination, the dogs haven't got an agenda!
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/19/2012 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
I live in rural WV & I hear the same exact sound. Some hums are short, some are longer. Some more intense. I can drown it out with a small fan @ night. Sometimes the hum is there sometimes not. It has to be quiet to hear it. (No TV on) It isn't tinittis. I set up a glass of water to check for a vibration, but it doesn't move the water. I just want to know what the heck it is coming from. It seems to be all around.
 Quoting: hearer2 10325938

I am the OP…and I also live in rural WV.
hearer2
User ID: 10899639
United States
02/19/2012 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
What is an OP?
Since I've last posted, I still hear it everyday/night. Hasn't changed. I'm in Eastern Panhandle WV.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/19/2012 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
What is an OP?
Since I've last posted, I still hear it everyday/night. Hasn't changed. I'm in Eastern Panhandle WV.
 Quoting: hearer2 10899639

OP stands for Original Poster, the one ( me) who started the thread back in 08.
I'm in central wv.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11087152
United States
02/19/2012 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's your fridge. Well to be more specific its yellow aliens living in your fridge. They are not visible in light and they are trying to control your mind.

Why you ask?

They want you to eat more food in order to culture a bacteria that can no longer be found on their home planet this bacteria grows in your small intestine.

Why you?

Because you are special.
 Quoting: UnwanteDreams

the bacteria is called "candida"
it slows you down and drains your energies.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10099314
United States
02/19/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do you have a smart meter! What you just described is what a lot of us are experiencing from our damn smart meters!! They've replaced my old one...and I've been in migraine hell ever since. I also have gone outside in the middle of the night to figure out where the humming is coming from! I just read that tons of people are doing this. If you are within 60 feet of a smart meter or in a community with the new radio smart meters....there you go!!!

Google it and search it on youtube....they are dangerous to our health!! And most states don't allow us to opt out....I know Maine does...because of a lawsuit!!! :-(
<Path>

User ID: 774195
United States
02/19/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in SE Denver, Colorado - There's a low rhythmic hum like a giant blowing across a huge soda bottle!
This is getting wierd.
 Quoting: Slicedog 8314293

This is a very accurate description!

I had been hearing this off and on since 2009 from my home in NC.

I finally went camping in the AZ desert to verify the hum. It is constant, although most people report not being able to hear it. Which is weird in itself.

In the isolated desert, the hum seems much more pronounced and undoubtedly constant to me. The pitch seems to amp up occasionally.
The dreamer and the dream
One awakens inside the other
Rediscovering universal truths
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 990035
United States
02/19/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
uh, tinnitus = is a ringing or humming in the middle ear, 3 of the smallest bones in the human body are in the middle ear. malus, incus, and stapes. they become stiff and unflexable and flutter, and emit sounds . very common ailment stress poor diet ect ect, can trigger more intensity.
hearer2
United States
02/20/2012 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I looked up on the internet to see if anyone else hears this sound and was glad to find OP's forum. Some folks are suggesting the answer to What the F' is this Humming Sound such as the Smart Meter and others. It is very obvious that this sound is a concern to many. Some of the jokes are cute, but aren't helpful. We are asking the question because we hear something unusual. We're getting a lot of different answers which makes it more curious.
NOTtinnitus
User ID: 6182871
Turkey
02/26/2012 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I also have this humming in my head, mainly on the right side. Before the nut jobs start putting b.s. out there saying its some 2012 bullshit or something like that, how about you try something: ask a friend or partner to put their ear to your head and see if they hear it. My son and husband both could hear it. So, it is not all on my own. The best i can think is that there is a misalignment with my temporal bone on the right side. You guys should really get a grip on reality.
hearer2
United States
02/26/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Your just mad because the voices are talking to ME!!
Sit down and shut up. Your hearing problem is not OUR problem. We're talking about an external sound we can't pinpoint the source of...that is all.
mehitable
User ID: 1524722
United States
02/26/2012 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I dunno. My husband and I have heard a humming at some points, but reading some of these texts, I do have to wonder if many of you actually have tinnitus, which seems to have become very common over the past few years. Maybe it's related to all the electronics, especially the cell phone/wifi technology. I have tinnitus myself and can tell you, it can be maddening at times. It's best to regulate diet and sleep, use white noise and try to ignore it as much as possible.

GLP