What the FUCk is this HUMMing SOund

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 477340
United States
08/02/2008 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What the FUCk is this HUMMing SOund
Are your balls in someones mouth by any chance?
 Quoting: Smerk

You sure have A fascination for balls. LOL
acd=mahdi=maytreya
User ID: 401905
United States
08/02/2008 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Brother I an not farting with you,

There are sounds not everyone hears and things not every one sees. When moses heard the voice of God speaking from the ark not everyone heard this.

At times of great energy we have experienced this, yea others have heard a constant, non occilating buzzing.
Especially in the middle of the night. Its not part of this world.

Not part of this world?? And how would you know that?????

HIPPOPAUTAMUS....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8055

IKE JIBBER NE SWAMINI ET SINKEL DER FOOPERT !!!!!
mahdi
User ID: 401905
United States
08/02/2008 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Brother I an not farting with you,

There are sounds not everyone hears and things not every one sees. When moses heard the voice of God speaking from the ark not everyone heard this.

At times of great energy we have experienced this, yea others have heard a constant, non occilating buzzing.
Especially in the middle of the night. Its not part of this world.

Not part of this world?? And how would you know that?????

HIPPOPAUTAMUS....

IKE JIBBER NE SWAMINI ET SINKEL DER FOOPERT !!!!!
 Quoting: acd=mahdi=maytreya 401905

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 321058
France
08/02/2008 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
hum.................

watch..........................

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 477696
United States
08/02/2008 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
The ones that hear it now will be able to survive when it goes full throttle.

Sound can.is.destructive.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 433091
United States
08/03/2008 08:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
hum.................

watch..........................

[link to www.youtube.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 321058

Seen it, watched it...not the hum I'm hearing. But it does point out that there are differnet places that people claim to hear a humming sound. In fact it would seem people from all over the world claim to hear some kind of unknown source hum.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 478303
United States
08/03/2008 09:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's your fridge. Well to be more specific its yellow aliens living in your fridge. They are not visible in light and they are trying to control your mind.

Why you ask?

They want you to eat more food in order to culture a bacteria that can no longer be found on their home planet this bacteria grows in your small intestine.

Why you?

Because you are special.
 Quoting: UnwanteDreams

lol
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 478303
United States
08/03/2008 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I heard a humming sound yesterday that was very different from the normal ones I usually hear.

I am located in Ohio the hum came from the southwest direction.

This hum lasted very long, sounded deep and was very noticeable. I wish someone was around so I could have asked them if they heard it as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 476474
Sweden
08/03/2008 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
what about a bees nest or so?
machinery at your neighbours?
electricitypoles/high voltage towers?
phonepoles?

if you live anywhere in a rural or city area it woudl be a miracle if you would NOT hear such hummings all day long...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 276512
Malaysia
08/03/2008 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
This "sound" is beyond the radio wave frequency range (an extremely long wave form, with characteristics not known in full details to man yet ).

This can be said to be the "first word", the "initial vibration", the "primordial sound", that emanated from the LOCALIZED "big-bang" (within our universe), billions of years ago.......

This is the TRUTH that will be known.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 477696
United States
08/03/2008 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
This "sound" is beyond the radio wave frequency range (an extremely long wave form, with characteristics not known in full details to man yet ).

This can be said to be the "first word", the "initial vibration", the "primordial sound", that emanated from the LOCALIZED "big-bang" (within our universe), billions of years ago.......

This is the TRUTH that will be known.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 276512

The ones that hear it now will be able to survive when it goes full throttle.

Sound can.is.destructive.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 478305
Australia
08/03/2008 09:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've been hearing this low humming sound for quite a few years now. It's more prominent at night when background noises are kept to a minimum. It sounds like a transformer or some kind of electromagnetic field. I live near an overhead power cable which carries electricity/cable TV and thought this was the culprit - but it isn't.
zill
User ID: 431690
United States
08/04/2008 12:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
There is a video about the sounds in space that hurt my ears.I think this sound causes our thoughts.
anonymous
User ID: 481469
United States
08/09/2008 01:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Do a search on ELF waves, and their usage by certain organizations world wide. Try to note how/what you feel when hearing these sounds.

I hear low frequencies from time to time as well. I bet you are also one of the people who can hear the high pitched whine from the television picture tubes. I can hear them in my neighbor's apartments through the walls.

Hope that helps a bit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 479254
United States
08/09/2008 02:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
A LOCUST SWARM.
TEXAS UNCENSORED
User ID: 481274
United States
08/09/2008 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Same here, west Houston. I've been hearing it late night, and really bad early mornings. When it's very quiet, the furniture seems to be vibrating, almost undetectable.
I turned everything off, and it seemed louder.

Before volcanoes, it's really bad, so the sound must be coming from deep in the earth.

I recall before birth, coming into the earth's pull, and the humming sound was almost deafening.
Hillcrest

User ID: 392015
United States
08/09/2008 04:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hear weird humming all the time. I had a hearing test a few years ago, first one I had since a child. They kept moving the tones lower and lower, the way they do when they test... finally the tones got so low... I kept telling them to go lower and lower... at one point, the technician turned white and almost dropped her clipboard. "You can HEAR that?!!" Yep, I sure can, sweetie. She looked like she saw a ghost... any of my fellow hum-hearers on this thread have a recent hearing test? You might be surprised to find you have near-dog ears. lol.
Water always wins. :sun:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 481510
United States
08/09/2008 04:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
very cool, Hillcrest
Cimbrian
User ID: 481177
Turkey
08/09/2008 05:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
It might be this:

[link to www.eskimo.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 278695
Denmark
08/09/2008 05:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
We've been getting this too here in Copenhagen, Denmark

about 7 months since it started

everyday, late night and/or very early morning

sounds like a minor earthquake, or large stones grinding, you can FEEL it, in the floor and HEAR it

IVE BEEN LIVING HERE 19 YEARS

NEVER HEARD OR FELT THIS BEFORE!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 330443
China
08/09/2008 05:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
the girl friend
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 481536
United Kingdom
08/09/2008 05:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
For the past month or so I have been hearing a very low level humming sound. No one else hears it and I'm starting to wonder WTF is going on. I hear it mostly at night and early morning, because I'm guessing it's the quiet time of the day (night).

This humming is not constant, it sounds like an electric motor trying to cycle. I've turned off all the curcuits in the house so I know it's not from within the house. I can even hear it when I'm out in the woods or at the neighbors house.
It's really starting to bug me out!

And no it's not tinnitus.

it could be your computer, your tv, you alarm clock, a sqeaky fan at night... it can be a number of things.

you have to unplug and turn everything off around you to tell if it's abnormal in nature.
 Quoting: BriGuy

What are you? Stupid? He said no one else can hear it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 474249
United States
08/09/2008 06:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
I will take an Atheist point of view.
I dont believe in Hum
I cant hear it, you cant prove it,
so it is illogical to say there is a Hum.
Therefore Hum does not exist
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 481362
United States
08/09/2008 08:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's the powerplant which generates the hologram which we call 'reality'
Once you learn how you can tune it in and out at will
Belding With It Since '98
User ID: 478020
United States
08/09/2008 08:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nocturnal Disturbances and the Infrasonic "HUM"

by Gerry Vassilatos

The following essay offers a new perspective on phenomena which have captivated national interest for several years now. This perspective is the result of a continual observation of the phenomenon, with a concomitant effort directed toward elimination of many of the associated local neuralgia effects. The article is not intended to represent a completed experimental project by any means, but is merely an introduction to the topic area from a more definitive vantage. It is hoped that a renewed experimental research may determine the exact details of the HUM phenomenon along these more clarified avenues of thought. It is noteworthy that, in every aspect, such phenomena mirror those which compelled Baron Karl von Reichenbach into his legendary researches. The fruits of such study contain equally prodigious and monumental discoveries, an encouragement for those who will seek and find.

A great host of individuals throughout North America and Northern Europe have reported the reception of nocturnal auditory disturbances, collectively termed "the HUM". No modern text offers explanation for the national mystery. It is for this reason that we will collate some of the subjectively discerned phenomena, empirically observed effects whose nature offers us the clearest direction toward understanding the HUM source. The HUM is heard by an increasing population of persons who are awakened nightly by its annoying and sometimes painful performance. So panregional have these reports been, and so credible the observers of the phenomenon, that one is compelled to affirm the existence of the effect. While the objective data received through reliable reporters may realistically be questioned in moments of scientific doubt, one is convinced of its reality after encountering the experience firsthand.

The HUM represents several simultaneous anomalies for those well versed in the lore of natural anomalies, an audio phenomenon which challenges the very basic notions of sense, perception, and world process. On the validity of personal experience and experimental verifications of a precursory development, I have therefore decided to make several statements concerning the HUM phenomenon and its associated effects. Indeed, I have also chosen to elucidate somewhat on the HUM to provoke dialogue between the mechanists and the biodynamicists.

NOCTURNES
There are an increasing number of individuals who experience nocturnal disturbances, the regular occurrence of which is sufficiently powerful to remove them from deepest sleep. This growing population of nocturnal risers neither suffer from the physical symptoms normally associated with the aging process, nor are among those unfortunates afflicted with clinical insomnia. In many cases, the victims of the malady are quite young and otherwise in complete positive health. So insidious is this social manifestation, that many are stimulated into fantastic speculations. Nevertheless, we perceive an ever increasing population of new HUM victims whose numbers grow daily.

Conspiratist writers have associated the HUM with military projects such as SANGUINE, or HAARP; concluding the insomnia to be a test of psychotronic weaponry on the national population. Such symbols of the subconscious national fear might have too long worked their way into the hearts of the susceptible, were it not for the simplest kind of evidence concerning the HUM. Curiosity and the need to know far exceed any orthodox standards, filters, or approvals. The absence of extensive measuring tools does not preclude us from making our assessments on an overwhelming phenomenon which academia continues to ignore and deny. Gleaned from the few writings and from numerous dialogues with qualified observers, we are free to share our own subjective consortium of data on the HUM.

But what is the "HUM", and what are its effects? What causes the HUM, and why has it seemed so very impossible a phenomenon to objectify? Are there means by which to obtain hard evidence of the effect at all? Can we indeed discover those connective touchpoints between our subjective experience of the HUM and its true sources in the external world? Is there a measurable continuum between our innermost experience and the outermost world? These are hard and straightforward questions demanding equally hard answers. The HUM effect is indeed a "phenomenon-extraordinaire". The HUM is a subjective experience, a deep and permeating tone which comes in pulsations. But it finds connectivity in an external stimulus, one which has not successfully been found by most researchers.

On certain nights, the disturbance reaches peak crescendi. These are interspersed by quiescent moments, when the roaring vibrations seem to relax and vanish for a time. Soon the phenomenon reasserts itself, and the "roar" once again reaches its previous powerful volume levels. The HUM is evidence of a regional phenomenon, a geomantic effect. The HUM phenomenon has slowly gained recognition among a substantial population of well equipped researchers, many of whom cite government ELF projects as the probable cause. HUM effects have been viewed as "leakage" phenomena, the results of local geological ELF conduction. Emerging from its otherwise subterranean conduction strata, researchers have believed the effects wholly due to NRL SANGUINE broadcasts. Local HUM experiences begin as very occasional manifestations, manageable and non-incursive.

To satisfy the skeptical dictates of the orthodoxy many have eagerly sought the supposed local acoustic noise source, imagining refrigerator motors to be this probable cause. On hearing the loudest HUM manifestations, not a few researchers are surprised to find their household refrigerators have usually ceased functioning for the night. Despite this complete absence of a close physical acoustic source the HUM is not prevented from suffusing an entire house. One may move from room to room when the HUM manifests its presence, discovering that the humming sound finds its greatest resonant magnifications on lower floors.

Rooms each mysteriously modify the main throbbing sound, adding discernible harmonics to the main HUM tone. This is especially noted when HUM events overwhelm our sense of hearing. Moving from an outer wall into each interior room of a building, one hears distinct HUM pitch changes. Hallways and small alcoves raise the pitch considerably enough for astute observers to take notice. In addition, HUM volumes change considerably with progressive movement away from outer walls, evidencing both the directionality of the local HUM source and the effect of blocking. Because of these observations, first HUM analysts imagined the phenomenon to represent a purely acoustic effect. It was in these first "acoustic" considerations, and the subsequent empirical discoveries, that the HUM was realized as a completely anomalous phenomenon.

The HUM throbs asymmetrically in time, a volume which "flutters". One may explore the effect throughout the early morning hours of its usual activity, each such emergence offering fresh opportunity for study. One grows familiar enough to know when the HUM has mounted a sufficient power to rouse normally insensitive persons from sleep. The comments of others concerning their own nightly disturbances is sufficient corroborative evidence that the HUM has actually made itself regionally known. One is not greatly surprised to find that many neighborhood friends and acquaintances, while exhibiting some degree of discomfort in sleep, are often not roused by the less powerful HUM incidents. Individuals who suffer from this habitual awakening apparently experience the HUM in various degrees.

There are those who demonstrate varying degrees of awareness concerning their insomnia. Some have claimed that the HUM is more strongly felt by the more sensitive kind of individual only during their sleep periods, and that insensitives are not bothered by the disturbance at all. Nevertheless, normal sleep for some is absolutely broken by the HUM. The simple and mild audio-related awakenings gradually become an habitual condition, and some unfortunate persons have found themselves now rising nightly in a chronic insomnia which rules their sleep patterns. But this is not where the effects have ceased their incursive influence on the lives of those exposed to HUM events. In fact, some who experience HUM-related insomnia have begun observing a sudden shift, both in the frequency of their HUM observations and in new accompanying effects.

There are certain persons whose simple audio HUM experiences have recently been accompanied by a range of strange physical irritations. At first mildly stinging, the irritations gradually become an ever increasing flow of neuralgia which floods the musculature of arms and legs. For these persons, this peculiar neuralgia now accompanies every manifestation of the audio HUM. With effects which persistently linger throughout the daylight hours, certain such persons have actually fallen victim to a strange condition which leaves them fatigued and debilitated with every morning. Both the symptoms and conditions have remained unrecognized by physicians for reasons having entirely to do with insensitivity, ignorance, and willful denial. These irritations then represent a relatively new feature of the HUM, one which challenges analysts and skeptics alike.

It has been reported that extreme HUM events stimulate unusual personal responses. During such episodes, the neuralgia provokes survivalistic tendencies of a kind approaching those induced by asthmatic attacks. As neuralgic pain increases, personal movement becomes more conservative, efficient, and comfort-oriented. HUM neuralgia effectively stimulates deep seated survival instincts which, in its most powerful manifestations, become autonomic responses. These responses are of a depth which completely eliminate all degrees of personal freedom. This irritation literally induces the "feral" or "fetal" response, a sure sign that penetrating irritation has reached the central nervous system. A furtive sleep seems to follow these initial survivalistic arousals and maneuvers. The unfortunate individual who now suffers in times of extreme HUM disturbances, seems controlled by very fundamental and autonomic response-reflexes when in its grips. Such sufferers may behave in semiconscious modes, modelling behavioral patterns seen only in animals.

In the sometimes painful episodes brought about by the HUM, the self-survival drive becomes a tool for the most revealing kinds of studies. In the throes of HUM related neuralgia, hypersensitive individuals will seek the lowest portion of a house. In fact, they will seek relocation in the very basement of a dwelling if possible: the deepest connection to ground. In extreme HUM events, hypersensitive individuals "curl up and sit tight". In these fetal reversions, the human body innately recognizes the HUM as a hazardous and unfamiliar agent. The response is one having utmost significance for HUM researchers. In this severe and permeating "feral" response, it is clear that the HUM represents an external unfamiliar irritant. In this semi-catatonic posture, it becomes rather obvious that our normal repertoire of survivalistic reflexes does not include an appropriate autonomic response. The HUM triggers no protective neurological reflexes...because it is completely unfamiliar to the human condition. The HUM is very clearly a recent manifestation in the natural environment.

AUDIO
The HUM can be deafening for those who have grown particularly sensitive to its manifestations. Such subjectively excessive HUM experiences stand in stark contrast against the hard fact that the HUM cannot be recorded by any ordinary means. It is precisely this incongruence which represents the major impasse for anomaly researchers. Indeed, there is an inference in these considerations which places doubt on the reality of nocturnal HUM disturbances and their associated effects. The inference however does not in any way reduce the growing numbers, who both sense and suffer from the HUM.

The elusive and frustrating HUM had first prompted many to begin testing the reality of their experience through conventional audio techniques. Waiting for each peak nocturnal HUM manifestation, researchers attempt its capture on magnetic tape. Previous to this decade, the infrasonic detectors of Vladimir Gavreau very successfully sought and discovered numerous unsuspected natural and synthetic infrasounds. Adapting special PZM type microphones to magnetic recording technology, contemporary researchers fully expected to capture high volume HUM tones with their equipment. Mounted on large surface areas, these microphones should have absorbed sufficient sonic energy during HUM episodes to render powerful audio registrations of the same. In controlled settings, where PZM equipment was designed to select infrasonic signatures, professional investigators remained utterly unable to trap the HUM. Neither PZM or any other microphone, however sensitive, was able to sense and record the HUM. It was this inability which yet forms the basis of a real scientific mystery, one which places the HUM in its recent controversial poise.

The inability of recording the HUM has, for serious HUM researchers, attracted the derisive public commentary of several academic authorities. Not only can investigators not locate the source of HUM audio signals, but researchers have been unsuccessful in explaining how high population observations and corroborations of HUM phenomena resist audio registration. Examiners of the great natural variety of infrasonic generators yet actively explore and monitor their prospects with greatest enthusiasm and care. Self-funded, but sparing no expense for their labors, several research teams have independently taken their state-of-art recording equipment down into the deeper parts of the earth. Hiking for miles into subterranean caverns, their search of real infrasonic resonant cavities has produced no conclusive result. Too many neophytes, convinced that they will be the ones to secure hard recorded evidence, are completely dismayed after repeated failed efforts in these regards.

While some groups have reported an increase in subjective HUM experience with increasing depth below surface level, they have rarely been able to record or correlate any associated audio HUM. By attaching sensitive transducers directly to subterranean cavern walls, the weak physical vibration of geological bedrock has registered weak signals for some. But these studies have produced no real correlations between subterranean infrasounds and the HUM proper, certainly no equivalent pulsating ELF audio signals. Additionally, neither pounding surflines, waterfalls, howling caverns, nor valley windtunnels have managed to procure correlations between their infrasonic outputs and the HUM.

Thus far, hard recorded evidence of the HUM phenomenon does not exist. But in the absence of audio recorded evidences, one must resort to alternative detection techniques. Methods used in a former series of investigations have described ground conduction apparatus and ground antenna technology (Theroux, Vassilatos). And it is here that we do find evidence of an electrical component in the HUM phenomenon. What place this electrical component plays, whether source or by-product, will be discussed further along in our study. There are several means by which we may register audio signals which correlate strongly, if not identically, with regional HUM activity.

It is perhaps a special trait of shortwave receivers, those which have been equipped with ground antennas, that a host of different static signals may be found throughout the day. These variable static signals are always observed through the implementation of ground antennas. Shortwave correlations of the HUM have been determined along several wave bands, the excessive noise found in the 2 to 4 megacycle band being most impossibly distorted for use. For trained ears, these static signals represent the articulate variability characteristic only among biological processes. One discerns these biological warbling signals when working with plants and Galvanic Skin Response audio sensors. The warbling tones of plants teach the astute observer to recognize the characteristic biological signature in any signal. The static variables to which we refer are unmistakably biological in character. These naturally generated signals are found across a wide range of frequency bands, finding their correlation among several simultaneous settings. And it is among these signals that we learn an amazing fact. Most of these natural static signals have an overwhelming volume and do not reveal any of the variable "warbling" artifacts common to the audio experienced HUM effect.

The most useful shortwave static signals are extremely discrete in bandwidth, but do not commence manifesting their warbling variables until certain hours of the day. Indeed, these static warblings commence and correspond exactly with HUM events. These signals evidence a volume variability of great detail which may be examined throughout each of their more active periods, a simple and accessible means by which to monitor and verify the reality of the HUM.

Between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM, one does not generally discover the pulsating portion of the static signal, although there have been exceptions to this rule. The warbling commences as soon as subjective experience of the HUM commences. They also cease to a featureless static background when the HUM ceases. Such discrete static signal stations are featureless and relatively flat throughout most hours of the day, but the variable pulsations begin appearing after 9 PM. These build in crescendo until the peak nocturnal HUM effect naturally occurs between 2:30 AM and 3:30 AM. There are thus six hours, both leading to and following the 3 AM median, in which the warbling HUM signal actually makes its appearance in an otherwise natural featureless static.

The variable pulsations make their daily appearance, neither with clock regularity nor with equal intensity. One observes exact correlations between the experiential audio HUM and the shortwave warbles. These shortwave correlations match both in pulse number, tone, and intermittent surges. Such static is normally taken by listeners to be simple natural noise effects, the results of natural charge building phenomena. But the variability of these specific static signals, especially those whose effects seem most powerfully able to modify emotion, which represent far more than the mechanistic earth process of charge development. It is in the warbling variability, the articulate detail inherent in these specific static signals, that we find evidence of biodynamic process.

Indeed, were the subjective HUM effects simple audio stimulations, the irritating pressure would not be so very permeating and painful. Infrasound does not prefer windows to walls, effortlessly passing through whole structures and finding resonant cavities within the interiors of buildings. The HUM diminishes with progressive movements deep into building interiors. Were the HUM the result of an infrasonic audio power source, it could obviously then never permeate physiology enough to stimulate neural aggravations. But the "feral" self-survival response infers an energetic aspect which far exceeds those force normally considered in closed orthodox circles.

PHYSIOPHONIC ENTRAINMENT
Every model which presupposes the development of mechanical vibration through electrical stimulation completely fails. The necessary ground surface effects of such propositions are absent, further contradicted by the empirical observations. The actual subjective experience of the HUM is very different from all attempts at elucidating its objective existence. It is experience, subjective evaluation, which has produced the most amazing assortment of HUM related discoveries.

First, the tonal characteristic of the HUM itself contradicts all of the conventional suppositions concerning extra low frequency currents. The HUM arrives as an audible tone which pulsates at a countable rate. In other words, the fundamental HUM tone itself is not a superlow audible pitch. People hear the HUM. It is within the range of human hearing, and cannot be the product of ELF generators. This contradiction adds weight to the argument that HUM phenomena cannot possibly be the result of deliberate ELF experiments or industrial electric by-products. There are some who seek explanation of the effect as an upper harmonic of a more fundamental ELF signature. If so, where is that signature? None have been measured.

One seems never able to escape the nocturnal phenomenon, however poised or positioned. When it is heard, the HUM seems to permeate and suffuse every part of a building. The HUM seems to pressure into a house from all walls, yet evidences a defined directionality along a local compass heading. While walls do produce some of the HUM tone within a building, windows especially emanate HUM effects with greatest power. The HUM is both heard and felt from windows as a pressured tone. Facing the window of greatest HUM penetration, this strange pressure literally envelopes the body. For this reason many supposed the HUM to be an infrasonic emanation. One may indeed block a great deal of HUM volume by interposing a pillow between oneself and the window of maximum HUM emanation. On doing this with care, one notices a defined and sudden muscular relaxation. Along with this comes a great diminution of HUM volume. But this does not infer that the HUM is an acoustic phenomenon, as recording failures have demonstrated. By what principle is the HUM making its appearance through windows, and by what principle is it possible to block HUM power through organic absorbers?

One especially hears the HUM in the relaxation of sleep. In the silence of night the sense of audition is able to better isolate specific audible stimuli in the surroundings. The HUM, however, seems to build its presence into an overwhelming suffusion. The loud and suffusive HUM tone, heard with fully opened and unencumbered ears, is an effect responsible for the illusory acoustic nature of the HUM. In this we recognize a characteristic of the ear drum and its ancillary sensitive structures. In addition, observers have noted that the HUM acquires an enriched harmonic "ring" when the ears are fully opened. These observations do not infer the acoustic nature of the HUM, referring us instead to learn an unsuspected nature of auditory sensation and the auditory apparatus in human physiology.

Opened-ear audition of the HUM acquires harmonic ringing, and often reaches some peak volume, because of forced vibrations. The sense of hearing is overcome by the stimulating energy inherent in the HUM. Auditory physiology is literally driven into a peak resonant condition by the incoming HUM, a phenomenon which demonstrates auto-amplification effects. HUM induction thus actually drives the ear drum and cochlear neurology into a maximum vibrant state, one which often rouses sleepers from the deepest phases of sleep. With the ears fairly suffused with the overwhelming HUM sound, one may perform several simple personal experiments which will clarify the true nature of HUM signals and open a new world of wonder. First, carefully note the nature of the HUM. When you chance to notice its permeating presence, familiarize yourself with its more obvious audible characteristics. The HUM is indeed a "humming" tone. The HUM has a rapid rhythmic aspect, a toning pulsation. In addition to the overall tone and its pulse rhythm, one hears a characteristic aperiodic "fading".

When these personal HUM tests are properly practiced, we may easily count off the rapidly pulsing tones, noting their familiar "asymmetric fades": the sound which has been described as the "distant idling diesel engine". To count the pulses, one first matches their rhythm on fingers. Match the rhythm which you hear. Once you have ascertained the relative correctness of your match, then count off the pulses against a sweep hand dial. Thrumming the rhythm of the counted pulsations against a sweep hand is a simple but remarkably effective means for discovering the slow pulsing action characteristic of the HUM phenomenon. One may thus count a steady pulse sequence, finding each HUM event to differ slightly between 6, 7, or 8 vibrations per second. In addition to this overall humming pulsation, a variable "volume envelope" is noted. The humming pulse is one whose strength rises and falls asymmetrically in time. It is this latter feature which some have described as the "idling" hum.

Contrast differences are indeed absent when the test is properly done, care being taken not to distract the HUM focussed attention. Hands must be moved in as much silence as possible. Some analysts object to the need for HUM audio focussing. These critics claim this to be evidence that the HUM is a fictitious sound, the result of mild mass hysteria and self-deception. But since there do exist several proofs that the HUM is an objective reality, we can safely conduct these personal experiments with confidence. During a HUM event, one may sample the differences in HUM amplitude by very gently holding hands over the ears. Most who stop their ears during HUM events actually lose their own audition of the HUM tone through their own rough handling of the test.

One must maintain awareness of the HUM while carefully and silently bringing the hands to each side of the head. One must maintain this awareness throughout the subjective tests, a condition required in such subjective comparisons. Why it is absolutely essential to maintain "HUM awareness" is a revealing phenomenon. First, it is important to recognize the differences in personal sensitives across the general population. The HUM is not heard by many people who lack the ability to focus in on environmental stimuli. The HUM is "personally elusive" only because of this demographic artifact. The HUM is an external and objective reality, having both source directionality and peak time manifestation. When properly conducted, the HUM audio continues being heard with absolutely no amplitude changes. With attention focussed only on the HUM audio, one carefully brings the hands ever close to the ear canals. In this carefully executed personal test, one will indeed continue hearing the HUM even with hands touching. There will be no amplitude change. The only instance in which amplitudes change during the experiment is when we have roughly handled our senses, or created rude distracting noises which overcome our awareness of the HUM.

The HUM tone does not fade when the ears are softly closed. HUM audio is continually heard "within the ears". Thus even with the physical contact closing of the auditory canals, we learn something more about the HUM. Closed ear HUM audition is indeed a clue which leads to our thesis concerning its true nature and source. This remarkable discovery too serves as proof that the HUM is more than an acoustic phenomenon, an anomalous induction which permeates thin single-layer materials and hands. Michael Theroux reported his experiments with the HUM, experiments in which he demonstrated masking effects of the same. Using cloth curtains, it was found possible to block out some of the window penetrating HUM inductions. He also managed to mute the HUM by placing dampening material in window casings. Each of these experiments reveals a strange blend of HUM characteristics, which deserve complete exposition and satisfactory explanation.

The principle value of Victorian Bibliographies finds its utility and advantage when once-familiar anomalous phenomena make their modern reappearance. Lacking modern explanation, one finds the former perspectives of inestimable and timeless value. Too few of the researchers have studied the HUM phenomenon with these perspectives in mind. The degree of depth demanded by this remarkable manifestation of unearthly sound finds its answer in old and dusty volumes. Now largely forgotten by most of those involved in the work, the "physiophonic effect" is well known by students of early telephonic arts. Physiophony, originally discovered by Antonio Meucci in 1842, involves the electrical transmission of audible vocal signals directly into the neurology of listeners. His accidental discovery is the basis of his first "teletrofono", the first telephonic system seen by the world. In this remarkable physioelectric effect, electrovocal signals breach the resistant skin barrier. Signals are thus "heard within", a physiophonic or "neurophonic" effect which occurs entirely without benefit of the ears.

Physiophonic sound is an externally stimulated internal sound of sometimes enormous volume. With applications of excessive voltages, subjects experience muscular tetanus effects indistinguishable from those observed in HUM phenomenon. The real auditory seat of the HUM disturbance is thus found within the musculature and neurology of its unfortunate sufferers. The "sound" which becomes so deafening at times, is the sound of nerves and muscles. The effect is induced in the musculature of exposed persons, and represents auditory stimulation through myoelectric vibrations. The audible sound is therefore heard in the rapid vibration of muscle tissues which have been externally stimulated by an unknown energy source. The rubbing sound which fills the head cannot be recorded through microphones because it is more powerfully manifested within the very deepest centers of physiology itself. It localizes itself in the "stomach brain" of the solar plexus, driving the deepest musculature into extreme states of tetanus. Thus induced by external disturbance, the HUM is actually produced within the contracting muscles. It cannot be recorded with audio microphones. The audio portion of the HUM is the sound of muscles, the strong myocontractions within the neck which stimulate audition. One does not therefore hear the actual source of the HUM disturbance. One hears instead the muscular response to the causative disturbance, that which has yet to be discussed. This physiophonic entrainment is the phenomenon which conspiratists claim are entirely due to military ELF experiments. In addition to this muscle-vibrating condition, one falls into a very deep and distressful autonomic "mood". This deeply emotive condition blocks the normal flow of consciousness, forcing concentration solely on the reestablishment of comfort.

Thus we may understand why the HUM manifestation surges to excessive levels of strength and brings a distinct kind of neuralgia to its more sensitive recipients. The onset of severe muscle contractions, the true cause of sleep loss, brings the primary alarum responsible for sleep termination. The awakened recipient finds his or her entire musculature in a state of unnatural tenor, a painful tension which reduces into a continuous fatigue. With this extreme tenor, sensitive victims "hear the HUM". The painful neuralgic effect is the result of an excessive induction of myocontractions. The exhaustion reminiscent of results produced by forced-muscle exercise stimulators, designs intended to burn fat through electrical applications to muscle tissue. Neuralgic HUM related conditions grow with time. Without some diminution in the external pain causative agency, individuals become worn down with each nocturnal repetition. The more overt sleep disturbing aspects of the HUM develop with increasing absorption of the nightly effects.

Because these effects are myoelectric frictions, internally induced by external agency, they cannot therefore be recorded through ordinary audio means. But where audio microphone recordings fail, myoelectric recordings should best reveal the HUM in all of its artifacts. The entire body is disturbed by these assaults. The painful "pressure effect" is a muscle response when exposed to the energetic impact. There is every indication that certain individuals retain some lingering portions of the HUM impact for longer periods of time than others. This may have something to do with personal physiochemistry, a variation by which certain neurological systems can self-eradicate the HUM associated toxins. Irregardless of the blind instinct to seek shelter and comfort from the irritant, the associated neuralgic pain is never eradicated by relocation alone.

The question which has addressed this mystifying property asks why so overwhelming a sound fails to produce correspondingly loud magnetic recordings is thus solved. It is precisely because the HUM itself resists and eludes the best efforts of recording engineers and their equipment, that we innately recognize an entirely different mode of auditory stimulation at work. But what mode? In addition to the weak ground-related HUM sounds, the insomnia, and the neuralgias, there are strange "roaring winds" which sometimes accompany the strongest HUM manifestations. These fill the surrounding limits of the neighborhood, a wind phenomenon unlike any other. One notices that the roaring wind, one which seems to fill the entire local region, seemingly arrives from all directions simultaneously. These roaring winds have a peculiar vortexian nature. They surround the listener on all distant sides, yet produce no observable movements in any close objects. So great is this roaring sound that one may awaken by its force alone. Yet, this is not the HUM. The roaring winds appear only during extreme HUM episodes.

It becomes at once apparent that these strange winds are the result of a strange energetic expression, one which is external in source. When the HUM is in its maximum manifestation, one seems to be in the very center of sudden and unexpected weather extremes. These effects fall into the observation center from the outlying periphery shortly after sunrise, a phenomenon of great significance. The wind is very obviously a part of the phenomenon which represents evidence that the HUM is a natural, albeit extreme expression of biodynamic energy. The roaring wind is actually generated by the HUM, a most remarkable part of the HUM phenomenon which takes external physical form. In addition to these winds, one experiences strange acoustic effects which literally suffuse the surroundings.

Distant sounds become abnormally and dramatically amplified during early morning HUM extremes. The sounds of very distant trains become mystifyingly distinct and magnified, seemingly emanating from a few yards away. This strange "acoustic tunneling" effect only accompanies strong HUM events. In addition, the direction from which these acoustic anomalies are sourced exactly matches the compass heading from which the HUM effect arrives in a neighborhood. As if this were not anomalous enough, there is also a distinct kind of lumination all along the periphery of a region. The smokey white light appears throughout the surrounding horizon, a bright white "gloaming" which rises above the treeline. This white light has nothing to do with earth stresses commonly associated with pre-quake or near-quake episodes. It is a phosphorescent expression which has often been observed in Staten Island, a location virtually devoid of the tectonic or piezocrystalline activity usually cited in mechanistic explanations of the phenomenon.

HUM ORTHOGONY
On collating the data received across the nation from several highly revered subject sources, one immediately notices that HUM manifestations vary only with the local experience of sunset: a remarkable coordination from place to place. The HUM effect sweeps through different geopositions with clocklike precision, a phenomenon which would not occur with the deliberate operation of a land-fixed military project. Observers each report nightly HUM effects with time reference made only to their local occurrence of sunset. That the HUM cannot possibly be the result of deliberate military or industrial projects has everything to do with the time coordination and the "attack headings" of each HUM manifestation. Bordering neighborhoods which experience HUM phenomena do not receive the HUM impact from the same compass headings at all. In fact these impact directions, these HUM vectors, often oppose one another. Study also reveals some regions which lie between HUM experiencing lands, do not themselves experience the HUM at all.

We are therefore challenged by perplexing combination of contrary variables: similar local time appearances, completely differing compass headings, identical pulsation envelopes. But the geographic "sweeping" time effect is the strongest evidence that HUM phenomena result from more fundamental natural process. Smooth procession lines may be mapped across the nation for each specific event. On any particular night of HUM activity, one observes that HUM effects appear after local sundown. Widely separated persons who felt the HUM effects did not feel them at the same hour, relative to any possible source point. In fact, HUM effect sites revealed a time reference with respect to local sunset alone. This remarkable fact alone indicates that HUM phenomena are natural phenomena, and not military projects at work.

There are places where the HUM vectors, directions from which the HUM is actually impacting a region, completely differ from one another. In this aspect, one of enormous import, the georegional HUM orthogony is completely asymmetric. Thus we see how HUM vectors do not occur along strictly identical compass headings. One may not draw a smooth line through towns and cities and find consistency in the HUM vectors. Were the HUM a military signal, we would expect it to make itself known across the nation on a singular registered instant of time. But the HUM does not reveal any such panregional orthogony. Despite the consistency of each regional report, no consistency in the time of the local events can be cited. Indeed, no singularity in the observation of the "HUM" exists across the nation or world.

Were military ELF systems the responsible parties, one would expect every HUM observation to occur at a single fixed time, irregardless of geographic position. Each nightly HUM event would therefore occur with reference to the station source, a singular time coordination which would be recognized by observers across North America. HUM effects would be expected to vary by a fixed 3 hour interval across the nation, even if deliberately varied by the "source station". The conspiratist model presupposes this "national sweep" to be a deliberate deception, the phantom military stations nightly sweeping the United States to hide their presence. Indeed, the HUM seems to represent a source whose throbbing signals contain some mysterious conscious message. Many who have experienced the HUM mention a mysterious awareness that the throbbing HUM is "under conscious control". Indeed, it is under conscious control...but not by human agency. I have no longer any doubt that the HUM is an intensified expression of the prolific natural energy, that agency responsible for organizing and bioarticulating the natural chaos.

AEOLUS
In its audio characteristics, the HUM is not a new phenomenon. Having attributes tantalizingly identical with modern observations, the HUM has given its persistent performance throughout history. The HUM was known as "Aeolian Wind" in its ancient expressions, an identical low pitched throbbing tone which "moaned" in the dark of night. These occurrence of HUM phenomena were reported in various popular journals throughout the Nineteenth Century, undoubtedly attempts to solicit scientific perspectives on the effect. A sound known as the "wind in the mountains" was reported in 1928. Long a part of local folklore in Seskin, Ireland this "variable throbbing tone" resembled that produced by an "distant engine". British observers of the same phenomenon stand on record since the last World War, when residents of London and Southampton reported the same throbbing HUM in 1940.

The HUM and its more auditory attributes have a lengthy historical record. The HUM predates symbols of modern conspiratist mythology, such as SANGUINE and HAARP, by centuries! Added to the aforementioned empirical evidence, one marvels at the adamant attitude of those who adhere to symbolic models which deny the obvious. Facts which deny "military culpability" may irritatingly deflate the theme of symbolists without doubt. I both thoroughly expect and encourage a wonderful flood of critics who cannot pull themselves away from the turbidity of symbols and myths long enough to breathe in the new view of a conscious atmosphere. Please write, I adore your symbologies.

Irregardless, one must rest secure in the revelation of a viable and more personally relevant world foundation than symbolists can ever hope to develop. In order to obtain a measure of comfort, albeit a perverse and deranged expression, some require their hairshirt of fear. If your need for fear is indeed your security, I will give you a better hairshirt than the best fear merchant can weave. There is an implicit warning in what I have written, one which should resound throughout the community. Symbolism and its seductive threats can only incapacitate those who fall under its fascinating vacuous sway. Hopefully, some will be shaken away from the muddy security of their subconscious rivers long enough to see the light of day...while it lasts. The new attributes of the HUM greatly concerns me, being a manifestation of bioaction on a greatly magnified level. Neither in former centuries or decades had the natural HUM phenomenon manifested its irritating incursions. The new pain-generating effect is evidence that a panregional revulsion is taking place, one in which biodynamic energy is now consistently making incisive forays against the deranged by-products of a now too gauche and overdone mechanistic technology.

Caught in this titanic crossfire, humanity is only beginning to feel the first deadly embrace of a world-condition which may prove to be terrible in consequence. The HUM is the first evidence of this struggle. Indeed, we are witness to dynamic energies whose essential characteristic is biological and conscious in nature. For those truly devoted to the possibility of developing a bioenergized and geoconscious technology, these findings could not have arrived at a more opportune moment in history. Nevertheless, if the HUM phenomenon is not studied and comprehended from a more scientific base, then counter-measures will not develop in aid of humanity.

Copyright © 1996 Borderland Sciences Research Foundation, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Please email all inquiries to info@borderlan
returned (OP)
User ID: 433091
United States
09/26/2008 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's Back. Returned about a week ago now and getting more persistant.....
antwan

User ID: 505155
Norway
09/26/2008 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: anyone hearing strange sounds lately ...like beeps and tones
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 519007
United States
10/14/2008 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
i have heard this hum for over a year now in southeast US .. if I 'tune' into it during meditation and often when just in quiet thought .. I have spontaneous OBE's which lead to lucid states in layers of dimensions. I realize this sounds "nuts" but it's the truth and has lead me to really search for the meaning , it's fascinating and I don't think dangerous .. i hope not : )
Peace ~ Namaste
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 525967
10/14/2008 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
google, midwayers!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 519007
United States