Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,237 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 163,368
Pageviews Today: 274,384Threads Today: 90Posts Today: 1,312
02:50 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Judge: Denver CAN Restrict PROTESTS.... BYE BYE FREE SPEECH!!! Hello 4th REICH!

pimpinTURTLE
User ID: 478437
United States
08/07/2008 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Judge: Denver CAN Restrict PROTESTS.... BYE BYE FREE SPEECH!!! Hello 4th REICH!
Protesters at the Democratic National Convention in Denver can be restricted to fenced-in areas, federal judge ruled on Wednesday, saying that security needs outweighed curbs on their rights.

A dozen groups who intend to protest at the August convention sued the U.S. Secret Service and the city of Denver over plans to confine their activities to a parade route and fenced-in zone, saying that their Constitutional rights to free speech were being violated.

The American Civil Liberties Union, the American Friends Service Committee and others argued that the rules would keep them too far away from delegates to get their message across during the convention, which is scheduled for Aug 25-28 at the city's downtown Pepsi Center.

U.S. District Judge Marcia Krieger agreed that the protesters would suffer some infringement on their freedom of expression but said those interests had to be balanced with security concerns.

"The restrictions inhibit the plaintiffs' ability to engage in some forms of expressive conduct, (but) ... the plaintiffs have a wide variety of alternative means of expression that will allow them to effectively communicate their messages," Krieger wrote in her 71-page ruling.

(Editing by Jackie Frank)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/07/2008 12:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Judge: Denver CAN Restrict PROTESTS.... BYE BYE FREE SPEECH!!! Hello 4th REICH!
[link to news.yahoo.com]
Evil Twin

User ID: 480205
United States
08/07/2008 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Judge: Denver CAN Restrict PROTESTS.... BYE BYE FREE SPEECH!!! Hello 4th REICH!
I have heard that the local police forces are gearing up for major 'civil unrest'.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/07/2008 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have heard that the local police forces are gearing up for major 'civil unrest'.
 Quoting: Evil Twin

For the undercover police dressed as anarchists. It's not looking good.
Evil Twin

User ID: 480205
United States
08/07/2008 12:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 478437

That's certainly been done before. popcorn
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 452586
United States
08/07/2008 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Free speech zones have been in effect for awhile. You can not protest in front of the White House anymore, or Bush's ranch in texas, they send you down the road to the so called Zone! I'm sure there are more examples, those are just the ones I know of.

Bunch of BS to me.
canislatrans

User ID: 239608
United States
08/07/2008 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Too bad those running the show state wide don't have the balls to speak up and stop this. It is a federal thing however, so there isn't much can be done.

I will stay hiding up here in Boulder, however.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/07/2008 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Too bad those running the show state wide don't have the balls to speak up and stop this. It is a federal thing however, so there isn't much can be done.

I will stay hiding up here in Boulder, however.
 Quoting: canislatrans

Send me some of that Boulder homegrown please. :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 302953
United States
08/07/2008 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Free speech zones have been in effect for awhile. You can not protest in front of the White House anymore, or Bush's ranch in texas, they send you down the road to the so called Zone! I'm sure there are more examples, those are just the ones I know of.

Bunch of BS to me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 452586

Jefferson just let people in to hang out and party..
milehighmike

User ID: 339344
United States
08/07/2008 01:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
Free Speech is NOT absolute; you CAN'T yell "fire" in a crowded theater for instance. I don't see anywhere in the OP's article where anyone is being "silenced", so STFU about "BYE BYE FREE SPEECH!!! Hello 4th REICH" you freakin' drama queen!

Just because they can't "rape and pillage" as they please in Denver during the DNC doesn't mean that they can't speak their minds!

"Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'" — Brian Tracy: Personal and business training author, speaker, and consultant

"We are all, right now, living the life we choose." -- Peter McWilliams, Author

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." -- Michael Altshuler
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 480230
Canada
08/07/2008 01:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow...

No offense America, but you certainly the lion that whined like a kitten.

What a bunch of pussies, kind of looks good on you in a way, because you always talk such a big game...lol

In reality you're no better then a communist Russia, or a China.

Hell, even China had a Tiananmen Square...you guys are to whipped to even have that!

lmao
milehighmike

United States
08/07/2008 01:13 AM

Report Abusive Post
Wow...

What a bunch of pussies, kind of looks good on you in a way, because you always talk such a big game...lol

Hell, even China had a Tiananmen Square...you guys are to whipped to even have that!

lmao
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 480230

Hey AC, go forth and fornicate thyself with a large, blunt object without benefit of adequate lubrication!

lmao
"Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'" — Brian Tracy: Personal and business training author, speaker, and consultant

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." -- Michael Altshuler
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 480230
Canada
08/07/2008 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Free Speech is NOT absolute; you CAN'T yell "fire" in a crowded theater for instance. I don't see anywhere in the OP's article where anyone is being "silenced", so STFU about "BYE BYE FREE SPEECH!!! Hello 4th REICH" you freakin' drama queen!

Just because they can't "rape and pillage" as they please in Denver during the DNC doesn't mean that they can't speak their minds!

Quoting: milehighmike

You do realize that you're defending putting people in cages right?

Just making sure.

I have a feeling that when your founding fathers said "freedom of speech" and "freedom to assemble" that they meant the exact OPPOSITE of a people who would let the government put them in cages.

So basically you are saying that free speech isn't free...lol..that it's okay to speak your mind, as long as you are caged first far away from the impressionable sheep.

So by your logic it is also perfectly acceptable to ship people to the desert too, right?

And then they can say whatever they want all day long, as long as the government tells you where to say it...
milehighmike

United States
08/07/2008 01:22 AM

Report Abusive Post

Just making sure.

Hardly, but where does your "free speech" end and mine begin?

I have a feeling that when your founding fathers said "freedom of speech" and "freedom to assemble" that they meant the exact OPPOSITE of a people who would let the government put them in cages.

Nobody is preventing them from "assembling" or "speaking" that I'm aware of. I will concede that they are limiting the geographical area(s) where this can take place, for a variety of reasons.

So basically you are saying that free speech isn't free...lol..that it's okay to speak your mind, as long as you are caged first far away from the impressionable sheep.

I said NO such thing, nor did I imply that.

So by your logic it is also perfectly acceptable to ship people to the desert too, right?

Nope, again thank you for trying to put words in my mouth, but I'm quite capable of saying what I mean!

And then they can say whatever they want all day long, as long as the government tells you where to say it...

Quit being overly dramatic...I live here in Denver and would LOVE the city to look just like it does now after the DNC dog-and-pony show leaves town, thank you very much!

Guns n' God

User ID: 275868
United States
08/07/2008 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope Minneapolis does the same thing.

I don't want to nearly come to blows with some feminazi like I almost did in New York in '04.

You damn protesters are like the unpopular kids in high school who crash a party you're not invited to.

Stay home and play video games. It's for the best.
ShadowDancer

User ID: 287857
United States
08/07/2008 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

Just making sure.

I expect the "free speech cages" are a form of torture-even psychological torture was used long before the actual torture becomes the mainstay. Reminds me of some guy-what was his name??? This guy had lots of mouthpieces toting a party line just as absurd

hitler mussolini compatriot

Lots of countries remember this guy right??? I am sure the Greeks do as well as some other groups-many died even on their land-they still stood against the Germans and the russian 'freedom fighters'-many paid a heavy price

Too many are going forward with blinders-dismissing the truth in front of their faces

Ultimately, they cannot handle it-they cannot believe it is this far off of what they believed...they watched the news and they keep their serials recorded...driving their SUVs or Hummers...thinking it a bad dream they will wake from

Sorry to say -it appears far worse than many thought

Many will march and many will be brought down-many will chant their new age mantras waiting for the world of peace-sold the art of war-only they failed to read the book...it is upon us and the days ahead will be great wailing and not just for this sham of politics
fortitudo et spes

When Japan happened I responded: "The Excrement Has Impacted the Rotary Oscillator." and clearly it has.
Thread: The Excrement Is Striking the Rotary Oscillator
+++++++++++++++
"Ego et Dominus sumus amici"
+++++++++++++++
Ego et mea umbra
+++++++++++++++

'Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electrically control the brain. Some day armies and generals will be controlled by electric stimulation of the brain.’
- U.S. government mind manipulator, Dr. Jose Delgado, Congressional Record, No. 262E, Vol. 118, 1974
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Realeyesrealizereal​lies. C.

Thread: GIRD uP as GRID Collapses

Thread: Eugenics 101 (Page 27)

Thread: Frankenfoods for YOU (Page 2)

Thread: I Do Not Consent

Thread: FOOD

Thread: Cern Power___Colder than Space

Thread: Hempilation Compilation Contemplation
Thread: Harmonics and Healing (Page 35)
Thread: Sarah's Nightmare (Page 10)
Thread: Destination Maccabees
Thread: Let's Play a GAME

Thread: Throat Singing
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/07/2008 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: milehighmike

Go live in China, we don't want you here. Fascist.

Beijing sets up protest zones for Games
[link to www.iht.com]
milehighmike

United States
08/07/2008 01:27 AM

Report Abusive Post

Go live in China, we don't want you here. Fascist.

Beijing sets up protest zones for Games
[link to www.iht.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 478437

OP-

Do you live in Denver? If not, FUCK OFF, I do and as I stated before I'd like the city to look JUST like it does today at the end of August, I happen to like it here!!!

ShadowDancer

User ID: 287857
United States
08/07/2008 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's certainly been done before. popcorn
 Quoting: Evil Twin

and being done as a matter of course anymore

These will be just as set up-in fact, it will be practically impossible to avoid a confrontation as they are geared up for it and will go all out to make sure one happens

Even if no one starts it on the attendees side-they others with their costumes on will!!!

Heads up folks

Obviously many could say the actual terrorists of 911 were very effective-very effective(they definitely hated our freedoms.."...can't be fooled again..." or can......
fortitudo et spes

When Japan happened I responded: "The Excrement Has Impacted the Rotary Oscillator." and clearly it has.
Thread: The Excrement Is Striking the Rotary Oscillator
+++++++++++++++
"Ego et Dominus sumus amici"
+++++++++++++++
Ego et mea umbra
+++++++++++++++

'Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electrically control the brain. Some day armies and generals will be controlled by electric stimulation of the brain.’
- U.S. government mind manipulator, Dr. Jose Delgado, Congressional Record, No. 262E, Vol. 118, 1974
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Realeyesrealizereal​lies. C.

Thread: GIRD uP as GRID Collapses

Thread: Eugenics 101 (Page 27)

Thread: Frankenfoods for YOU (Page 2)

Thread: I Do Not Consent

Thread: FOOD

Thread: Cern Power___Colder than Space

Thread: Hempilation Compilation Contemplation
Thread: Harmonics and Healing (Page 35)
Thread: Sarah's Nightmare (Page 10)
Thread: Destination Maccabees
Thread: Let's Play a GAME

Thread: Throat Singing
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 477332
United States
08/07/2008 01:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe everybody should just not show up.

It goes with the idea of 'what-if-they-started-a-war-and nobody-came'?.

Think of the impact that would have. Just a thought.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 477231
Italy
08/07/2008 02:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
ACLU must appeal this ruling by the Federal Judge; it should be appealed to the Supreme Court ASAP. To let this stand is:

:bushhitler:

And if the Supreme Court refuses, to obey this ruling is to acquiess to:

:hitler:

And to both the Judge and Der Fuhrer, I say:

stfu you NAZI BASTARDS. I want my country back and I am about ready to create waves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 299382
United States
08/07/2008 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow...

lmao

ahem...

google: Battle in Seattle

then SHUT UP!
hatch battener
User ID: 480267
United States
08/07/2008 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope Minneapolis does the same thing.

I don't want to nearly come to blows with some feminazi like I almost did in New York in '04.

You damn protesters are like the unpopular kids in high school who crash a party you're not invited to.

Stay home and play video games. It's for the best.
 Quoting: Guns n' God

In a way, the idea of the first amendment and the right to free speech and assembly has become even a more distant concept for the Republican convention in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

I've been meaning to start a thread about it. Still will, but the news out of Denver ought to thoroughly disgust believers in freedom and civil liberties in America for the time being, so it can wait.

But it deserves mention on this thread, what's going on in the other convention city besides Denver?

Well, here in Minneapolis, are supposedly progressive and liberal City Council recently passed an amendment to the city's long standing policy on policing of public assemblies.

They voted to allow the use of rubber bullets on protesters!

Yep, you heard me right. The elected officials of Minneapolis recently voted to allow the use of rubber bullets on protesters. Just in the nick of time for the Republican convention, now less than a month away.

These elected officials, sworn to uphold our Constitution, also found it in their infinite wisdom to do away with the Minneapolis ordinance, which happened to require providing medical attention to injured protesters.

So in this formerly progressive city, the politicians thought it a grand idea to gun down protesters with rubber bullets, and then deny them medical attention.

What country is this that I'm living in?

It's the USA. And there are people who are still concerned about civil rights and civil liberties, and they came out, and they protested and disrupted a meeting with the Minneapolis Mayor Rybak and there was a slight change of heart among the elected officials of Minneapolis.

Rubber bullets on protesters are once again banned!

But unfortunately, the new amendment that denies medical care to injured protesters still remains in place.

If you plan on protesting in the Twin Cities, you might want to bring your band-aids and aspirin, because if you're injured, you ain't getting no medical care from the city of Minneapolis. According to their heartless, soulless politicians.

I'm a pretty positive person on the powers of democracy and the future of this country. But all the maneuvering from our local politicians in anticipation of this Republican convention, to restrict civil liberties and freedoms, and institute a police state agenda, you might want to think twice about the idea of hosting a Presidential nominating convention in your home city. Because your formerly progressive politicians might end up showing an entirely different face. It is a democracy, and the residents of Minneapolis are going to remember these politicians who throw our civil liberties to the wind when we go into the ballot box this November.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 464984
United States
08/07/2008 04:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
If they are going to stifle the first amendment?

It may be coming time to exercise the second amendment.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 462335
United States
08/07/2008 05:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

lmao

Indeed. America is almost like Communist China, disguised as 'freedom'. Hell, even millions of Americans daily purchase Chinese commie goods from Wal-mart & other stores.
They support Communists from other countries by doing that.
Skeptic
User ID: 479787
United States
08/07/2008 07:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Guns n' God

Since no genuine American would make such an utterly Nazi comment, I must assume that you are a paid shill.
Guns n' God

User ID: 275868
United States
08/07/2008 07:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

Since no genuine American would make such an utterly Nazi comment, I must assume that you are a paid shill.
 Quoting: Skeptic 479787

I am no such thing!

Just a good American who wants to attend the Republican Convention without having to punch a liberal.
anonymous coward
User ID: 480337
United States
08/07/2008 07:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
fenced in protest zones should be mandatory away from comericial areas so as to prevent disruption of any bussinesses .protester can go of thier free will .to the desiginated get crazy zones ....great idea ...peace ad safety...for all ....bout time ..what took so long .............................................................​.............................................................​.............Black activist of 20,000 with radical activist AL Sharpton Jesse Jackson and a group of of career criminals marched on a Tiny Town oF Jena Louisiana for the purpose to free the 6 Black ganstas all of with previous violent arrest records ;who ambushed and locked in a inocent White student in a Gymnasiem for the purpose to beat him down .Syudent was beaten unconcious and while unconcious the Black teenagers continue kicking him in the head and body for a legnth of time ..he has been maimed for life from the gang urban warfare .. 4 or 5 of the violent gangsta group have yet to go to trial in New Orleans because free lawyers for the criminals attemp to wearn down victim and his familhy with a proven trategy to hopefully get the criminal releasd .. .Black murder capitol city New Orleans, has tried 1 murder case of thier pending 100 murder cases in all of 2007.... a revolving jail house door from tax payer funded free lawyers for career criminals, whichis proven to further embolden the career criminals to continue the lifelong crime habits ...
killdamon

User ID: 444686
United States
08/07/2008 07:50 AM

Report Abusive Post
Also, i heard yesterday that they have cleared the dockets in all the Denver courts for the week of the DNC to prosecute DNC related "crimes" ! :18:
Just passing thru.
OG id 126286
NasTraDooMis
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 81537
United States
08/07/2008 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe China will let The Them borrow one of their mobile execution vans. That will speed things up in the courts.
killdamon

User ID: 444686
United States
08/07/2008 07:58 AM

Report Abusive Post
Heres a local newspaper with a lot of dnc articles:
[link to www.rockymountainnews.com]
Just passing thru.
OG id 126286
NasTraDooMis

GLP