FAR
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 412806
United Kingdom
10/14/2008 03:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Scientists Show Time and Space Do Not Exist
Time is not inherent to the Universe. A detailed search of the Universe will reveal that there's no such thing as 'time', but only this moment... and this moment....and this moment. Some think of time as being one moment piled up ontop of another moment to create four dimensional space. You can imagine it a bit like a polaroid picture being taken of this present moment and then another being slapped on top, and then another, until eventually a worm-like structure appears. This idea of four dimensional space creates the illusion that time is real, and somehow tangible in the Universe - but it's not, because the only place where four dimensional space exists is in the human mind. What really happens with that polaroid as it lands on top of the one below, is that the old picture disappears- it ceases to exist and it's replaced by this moment....and then this moment...and so on. For more details on fourth dimensional space you can go here... [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Over 99% of an atom is empty space. In-fact there is hardly any matter whatsoever. This site illustrates just how empty an atom really is ... [link to www.phrenopolis.com]

The electrons which orbit an atom spin so fast that it enables a mostly empty structure to appear solid to the observer. If we were to shrink ourselves and accelerate our speed of perception, the electrons of that atom would appear to slow down in their orbits. Eventually the atom would become more apparent for its empty space than its solidness, and it pays to draw on an image of our own solar system to illustrate this. What this shows is an inextricable relationship between matter, time and our rate of perception. The rate at which we percieve the spin of an atom designates just how solid (or empty) matter appears to be. Matter is thus revealed as a function of time, whilst time itself is simply the product of personal experience and not something which is inherent to the Universe.

Time inside an atom is measured in attoseconds. One attosecond is one quillionth of a second. To try and give that some kind of perspective, one attosecond is to one second what one second is to the age of the Universe. One attosecond is the time it takes light to travel the length of 3 hydrogen atoms. 150 attoseconds is the time it takes for an electron to circle the nucleus of an atom. These speeds are unfathomably fast, but only in relation to our rate of perception which is measured in 'yawn' milliseconds. The earliest response to stimuli begins at the cerebellum within 2 ms, whilst the first response of the visual cortex is around 50-70 ms. A full state of arousal of the brain takes around 200 ms. So what we have is a vast, almost unthinkable difference in time scales : one millisecond is one thousandth of a second, but if an attosecond were stretched to the length of a full second, a second would last longer than 31 million years.

If I was to speed up my rate of perception from milliseconds to attoseconds, then the rate at which I drop the next polaroid would slow down. If I increased it further, say the speed of light, then I would stop....everything would stop....but only in relation to me; in other words only my experience would have stopped and not the Universe itself. What's also interesting at this stage is the presence of consciousness and its role outside experience. As the rate of perception increases or decreases, consciousness will have remained invariably constant, and indeed, even if my rate of perception were to run at the speed of light, would consciousness thus be revealed as the only thing to exist in the Universe? Does this then confirm what the mystics and religion have told us for thousands of years - that it's all One, and that it is all God?

[link to www.nowpublic.com]
Read - for thy sustainer is the most bountiful one, who has taught the use of the pen, taught man what he did not know!
Nay verily man becomes grossly overweening, whenever he believes himself to be self-sufficient: for behold unto thy sustainer all must return.

Quran 96:3-8

[link to www.islamicity.com]
"Investors must look at this situation as a portfolio opportunity. If you have some extra land (condo developers and house flippers, listen closely), grow a vegetable garden, if you are ambitious, raise some sheep and cows, they will come in handy".
Plasma aliens: [link to www.plasmametaphysics.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 525664
Indonesia
10/14/2008 03:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Scientists Show Time and Space Do Not Exist
Of course time exists, i laugh when I hear that it is a man made thing.

The word time is man made.
The format of time is man made.

The rest isn't.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 513931
Netherlands
10/14/2008 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
"scientists"?

I see no peer reviewed articles, heck I don't even see the esteemed scientists name.

bsflag
FAR  (OP)

United Kingdom
10/14/2008 03:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
"scientists"?

I see no peer reviewed articles, heck I don't even see the esteemed scientists name.

bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 513931

You tell em that.
Read - for thy sustainer is the most bountiful one, who has taught the use of the pen, taught man what he did not know!
Nay verily man becomes grossly overweening, whenever he believes himself to be self-sufficient: for behold unto thy sustainer all must return.

"Investors must look at this situation as a portfolio opportunity. If you have some extra land (condo developers and house flippers, listen closely), grow a vegetable garden, if you are ambitious, raise some sheep and cows, they will come in handy".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 462545
Australia
10/14/2008 03:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
They know that, they just like to get paid to fuck around and look smart.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 511011
United States
10/14/2008 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting info, FAR. Thanks for posting. Time is truly a difficult and exciting concept to contemplate. Did you know that the equations used to describe time can be worked both forwards and backwards with no limitations?

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 513931
Netherlands
10/14/2008 03:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
You tell em that.
 Quoting: FAR

I am telling you.

You are the one that posted this article here, I expect that you have enough braincells to figure out that if an article claims to be "science" and "new" and "interesting" ideas without even mentioning his name or referring to peer reviewed articles that it is not science.

The only reason you posted it here is because of the following sentence;

"would consciousness thus be revealed as the only thing to exist in the Universe? Does this then confirm what the mystics and religion have told us for thousands of years - that it's all One, and that it is all God?"

Which is quite an extraordinary claim, and extraordinary claims do need extraordinary proof.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 525125
United States
10/14/2008 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Light Year" is definitely a contradiction of science. Light can't be used to date anything, whether big bang or God's creation.
FAR  (OP)

United Kingdom
10/14/2008 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
You tell em that.

I am telling you.

You are the one that posted this article here, I expect that you have enough braincells to figure out that if an article claims to be "science" and "new" and "interesting" ideas without even mentioning his name or referring to peer reviewed articles that it is not science.

The only reason you posted it here is because of the following sentence;

"would consciousness thus be revealed as the only thing to exist in the Universe? Does this then confirm what the mystics and religion have told us for thousands of years - that it's all One, and that it is all God?"

Which is quite an extraordinary claim, and extraordinary claims do need extraordinary proof.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 513931

Ah...

Okay, what kind of proof is required?

Only Me
Strawberry Girl

User ID: 485074
United States
10/14/2008 03:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
Time is only a human perception. It's a difficult concept to grasp, and most people just don't want to because they have spent their entire lives thinking that time is a significant part of the world.
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
FAR  (OP)

United Kingdom
10/14/2008 03:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting info, FAR. Thanks for posting. Time is truly a difficult and exciting concept to contemplate. Did you know that the equations used to describe time can be worked both forwards and backwards with no limitations?

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 511011

Yes, I've heard of aether physics.

[link to www.16pi2.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 466385
Spain
10/14/2008 03:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
It all comes down to - do you believe in infinity of not?

Because time is only a measurement.

And if you believe that time goes on forever - there is no end of time.

And if you believe in infinity then surely you believe in reverse infinity. So there is no start of time.

And if something has no beginning and something has no end - how can you ever measure it?

Time is a human invention - and we are all slaves to it.
Q
User ID: 525677
New Zealand
10/14/2008 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ah there is perception playing tricks with our minds again.

Tell me, When your in the northern hemisphere standing is your head pointing the opposite direction to people in the southern hemisphere? Or is this just our perception?

Do cyclones and hurricanes really spin in opposite directions? Or again, is this just our perception being altered.

hehehe
FAR  (OP)

United Kingdom
10/14/2008 03:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

And if you believe in infinity then surely you believe in reverse infinity. So there is no start of time.

And if something has no beginning and something has no end - how can you ever measure it?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 466385

Time is a component of a measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Q
User ID: 525677
New Zealand
10/14/2008 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

Cool...

A measurment of what? Orignaly our planet orbiting the sun was divided up into equall lenghts to aid in our little human activities. But in the grand scheme of things it is only significant to us in the here and now with realitivity to Earth and its orientation to the sun.
Westsail
Metta

User ID: 488383
United States
10/14/2008 03:59 AM

Report Abusive Post
Wait....so.
are.
you..saying...

I shouldn't have bought that Delorean?
blink
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. -Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 520952
United Kingdom
10/14/2008 03:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is not correct.

It's like saying an 'inch' doesn't exist, because space goes on for ever.

An inch does exist, it is a small part of (infinite?) space, just like a minute exists...or an hour.

....Interesting discussion, though..
FAR  (OP)

United Kingdom
10/14/2008 04:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wait....so.
are.
you..saying...

I shouldn't have bought that Delorean?
blink
 Quoting: Westsail

Are you buying this one:

[link to cgi.ebay.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 466385
Spain
10/14/2008 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

That is not correct.

It's like saying an 'inch' doesn't exist, because space goes on for ever.

An inch does exist, it is a small part of (infinite?) space, just like a minute exists...or an hour.

....Interesting discussion, though..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 520952

SOrry I know this topic was from so long ago but I was away from my computer and I wanted to respond in case you will come back to the topic.

Using your example - yes you can make up things like an inch (which didn't exist until humans made it exist). But - as you say - if space goes on forever and ever what is an inch compared to that? What is an inch compared to half the size of the universe compared with all of it?

Infinity means that an inch and a minute - while seemingly useful for humans - don't really matter in the real infinate universe.
Whee! 8D.qc.ca

User ID: 360501
Canada
10/14/2008 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

The rest isn't.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 525664

Little genius you are.

What makes time?
The world woud be a thousand times better place if more cults existed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 673558
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 398354
United States
10/14/2008 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

The rest isn't.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 525664

time doesn't exist
Kanigo2

User ID: 442313
United States
10/14/2008 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

The rest isn't.

Little genius you are.

What makes time?
 Quoting: Whee! 8D.qc.ca

Silly genius what holds back time?
Alt+F4 Allows GodLikeProductions User to Check Current score in Thread Dialog.

"GLP has some batty shit, but yours takes the fucking biscuit "-Disputed-

Hurray for Anarchy! This is the happiest moment of my life.
anonymous coward
User ID: 525914
Malaysia
10/14/2008 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
and dont be surprised that even the universe do not exist. it is all in the brain. go find out and be surprised.

GLP