Obama's Sudden Change of Heart Over Daschle

Hmmm...
User ID: 418693
United States
02/04/2009 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Obama's Sudden Change of Heart Over Daschle
Sorry I can't help it. I have to post on this. After getting home last night and turning on the TV to watch the news, I became irate when I heard Obama's interview with Fox News about "the mistake" he made in nominating Daschle. He then went on to talk about how it just wouldn't be right to the American people if someone who couldn't pay his taxes was appointed to this position which I found odd to say the least since just the day before he was quoted as saying that he supported Daschle's nomination "absolutely." (Daschle was kind enough to back out on his own.)

So what about Geithner then? I take it it's ok for him but not Daschle?

So what made him suddenly change his mind? Was it his Internet Recon team letting him know what Americans were saying in their blogs, posts, and chat rooms? Or was it because Obama needs Republican support for the stimulus package and didn't want to ask Republicans for two favors? (Fox's theory.)

In a small way I am relieved that someone who can't remember to pay his taxes won't be heading up the healthcare position but at the same time it makes me really nervous and a little angry when people flip flop like that. Where is the integrity? And how do we as American citizens trust that? We've seen it for far too long in the White House.

I get the feeling that while Obama mean well, he's just way too naive.

Ok, that's my rant for the day.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 460203
United States
02/04/2009 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Obama's Sudden Change of Heart Over Daschle
Obama is reacting to his daily tracking polls.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 569622
United States
02/04/2009 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Meet the new boss........
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2009 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Obama is reacting to his daily tracking polls.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 460203

I wondered about that as he really does seem intent on keeping his finger on the pulse of what Americans are thinking.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2009 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Meet the new boss........
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 569622

seemingly not so different from the old.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 606113
United States
02/04/2009 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
He should of stood up for Daschle, and encouraged the entire population not to pay... That would have been better...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 537928
United States
02/04/2009 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
He should of stood up for Daschle, and encouraged the entire population not to pay... That would have been better...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 606113

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that. If they catch me, I'll just say...oops, it was a mistake. Think about how many people are in jail right now for the same thing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 606113
United States
02/04/2009 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that. If they catch me, I'll just say...oops, it was a mistake. Think about how many people are in jail right now for the same thing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 537928

Exactly!!! This shit has to stop! Americans are getting reamed! If the Fed wants Taxes, it should be levied against the states, or a national sales tax, not an individual direct income tax with the word income hanging in limbo. The goddamn IRS code is 4 time the size of the Holy Bible...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2009 12:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
And how is it that these guys are not paying penalties and interest? You know if it were us we'd get nailed with them not to mention the possibility of jail time.

I'm so tired of the double standard. I'm even more tired of messed up elitist rationale. I heard Dems saying that we should overlook Daschle not paying his taxes because he's sooo smart and the best guy for the job. WTF! Are they serious?! What kind of justification is that?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2009 01:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
So a little off topic but would you like to see the fair tax implemented instead?

GLP