Still Missing Doppler Radar in the Pacific Northwest

Blindsighted
User ID: 590052
United States
03/20/2009 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Still Missing Doppler Radar in the Pacific Northwest
Super cell storms in the Pacific Northwest without Doppler radar to forecast and give warning for approaching hurricane-force Typhoon, Cyclone winds and torrential Monsoon rains that hit right in the heart of this blind spot! WHY?

On November 29, 2007, a strong low pressure system, fed by the remnants of Typhoon Mitag and Typhoon Hagibis, formed in the central Pacific Ocean and was carried via the Pineapple Express to the Pacific Northwest.
In Southwest Washington counties who experienced the December 2007 storm (hurricane strength storm with winds 150+ MPH cat 3-4 storm surge 30 ft!) that flooded out Lewis County and had four counties in SW Washington declared FEMA disaster areas - my county, Pacific, and neighboring counties, Lewis, Grays Harbor, Thurston.

Washington State Will Be A Memorable Flood Event

Washington state isolated. 1/7/2009
Thread: Washington State Will Be A Memorable Flood Event

Why we won't get a Much needed Super Doppler HD is more likely than not due to Offshore military exercises run out of Whidbey Island Naval Air Station, McChord Air Force Base, the Everett Home Port, and the Bangor Submarine base. However they too like the residents, and the fishermen are without are without the comprehensive meteorological oversight that coastal radars could provide. Is this the reason why we are continued to be left in the dark as super cell storms approach? Is there something more sinister going on off the Pacific Northwest coast line?

current black hole in radar..

[link to radar.weather.gov]

Senator Cantwell gets $2 Million approved for Doppler Radar in SW Washington

June 24, 2008

[link to baycenter.wordpress.com]

Still no doppler

The Pacific Northwest has the Worst Coastal Weather Radar Coverage in the Continental U.S.: Documentation of the Problem and a Call for Action

The coastal radar acquisition is receiving strong support from local cities and counties, environmental groups, local businesses and fishermen, the timber and wood-products industry, and newpaper editorial writers from throughout the region. News Flash: Senator Maria Cantwell has secured 2 million dollars for the radar in the 2009 Omnibus bill signed by President Obama. This is roughly 1/3 the total cost of the coastal radar. This amount is less than the doppler, and less than the amount of total damages due to these super storms. The total cost of the super Doppler is 10 million

[link to www.atmos.washington.edu]

Hanukkah Eve Wind Storm of 2006 Damages: $267 million+ (2006 USD) in US, $89 million+ (2006 CAD) in Canada

Fatalities: 18
Areas affected: Washington, Oregon, Idaho[1], Vancouver Island and Southern British Columbia

The Great Coastal Gale of 2007 storm Damages: 1.18 billion ($1 billion in WA and $180 million in OR)

Fatalities: 18
Areas affected: Washington, Oregon, extreme Northern California, Vancouver Island and Southern British Columbia

Washington Severe Winter Storm, Landslides, Mudslides, and Flooding

Declared January 30, 2009
[link to www.fema.gov]
total damages still unknown

If the federal government would have just given Washington state the much needed 10 million dollars for the Super Doppler after the Inaugural Day storm of 1993, they would have saved lives, and billions of dollars in damages.

So my question is why the real reason for not installing a Doppler to cover the blind spot In Washington State?

Conspiracy theorists welcomed.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/20/2009 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Still Missing Doppler Radar in the Pacific Northwest
Another prefect storm documentary

'Another Perfect Storm' Hits Western Washington

Watch Monday, February 23 at 7 p.m. on KIRO 7

SEATTLE -- It hovered over the Pacific Ocean like any other storm. Its ominous dark clouds and light precipitation didn’t indicate anything out of the ordinary.

However, within a matter of hours, it was clear the Great Coastal Gale of December 2007 was among the worst storms in the Pacific Northwest in the past 50 years. Rebecca Stevenson, KIRO 7’s chief meteorologist, takes us through Another Perfect Storm, a KIRO 7 documentary that examines the devastation left behind and delves into why it was so destructive. It airs Monday, February 23, at 7 p.m. on channel 7 and Comcast 107.

Stevenson describes the storm that ravaged Western Washington, explaining how high pressure inland and low pressure off the coast produced the 150 mph winds that destroyed forests and toppled 400-year-old trees. She recounts the stories of those who saw their homes and businesses go under water and watched as their personal memories floated away, and those who lost hundreds of livestock and acres of plants but thankfully, not their lives. Some of these survivors noted the violent winds weren’t forecast; Stevenson looks into why there was no warning of the future damage that resulted in losses well over $165 million. Were the wind and rain solely responsible?

Another Perfect Storm features a variety of experts who indicate there may have been other contributing factors, such as timber harvests on steep slopes and inadequate levees. It includes interviews with U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell, University of Washington professor Cliff Mass and Ted Buehner with the National Weather Service, all of whom believe that the presence of coastal Doppler radar could have provided the information necessary for residents to better protect their property and leave for safer ground. And, Stevenson gives insight into the systems being reviewed and revised in order to better prepare Western Washingtonians for the next perfect storm. As she says, “The Pacific Northwest has some of the most exceptional, powerful and surprising weather in the U.S. It won’t be long before we’re reminded of it again.”

Another Perfect Storm is written and directed by Ben Saboonchian, photographed by Peter Frerichs and edited by Peter Gamba and Rick Woolery. It airs on channel 7 and Comcast 107 on Monday, February 23, at 7 p.m. Accompanying material can be found on kirotv.com: extended interviews; intriguing photographs, a preliminary report by Weyerhaeuser; excerpts from The Weather of the Pacific Northwest by Cliff Mass; detailed maps of the projected levee system; and information about This Flood Happened, a book by Adna Elementary students in which they share their first-hand accounts of living through the storm.
[link to www.kirotv.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/20/2009 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
my theory the government didn't not want to Washington State 10 million to install Doppler radar to cover the blind spot off the pacific coast, is to leave military maneuvers off radar. A Doppler would pick up anomalies and they don't want us to know what is occurring off our coast. A super Doppler radar in HD would give us more detailed information about storm systems, and alert the public to better protect their property and evacuate if needed. It could also show USA military exercises, and possibly others in the area. China and Russian subs, yes with a super Doppler Radar in HD.

Instead they let billions of dollars in damage occur, and loss of life, why?

Meteorologists use radar to track storms, hurricanes and tornadoes. You even see a form of radar at many grocery stores when the doors open automatically! Obviously, radar is an extremely useful technology.

When people use radar, they are usually trying to accomplish one of three things:

* Detect the presence of an object at a distance - Usually the "something" is moving, like an airplane, but radar can also be used to detect stationary objects buried underground. In some cases, radar can identify an object as well; for example, it can identify the type of aircraft it has detected.

* Detect the speed of an object - This is the reason why police use radar.

* Map something - The space shuttle and orbiting satellites use something called Synthetic Aperture Radar to create detailed topographic maps of the surface of planets and moons.

Is someone testing sonic weapons off the coast...Is this the reason we are not getting radar coverage.

Would coverage in this blind spot pick up Echo, Sonar and Doppler Shift too?

This is what full radar coverage looks like.
National Weather Radar image of Katrina near landfall on the Louisiana coast in 2005

In contrast, below is a radar image from the NWS radar at Camano Island. The large wedge-shaped void on the Washington coast is due to blocking by the Olympics--it is raining along the coast and offshore but we can't see it. There is some radar returns west of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, but by the time the radar beam gets there it is already about 5000 ft above the surface!

Why place the radar station so far inland?

stations and Gaps in radar coverage.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumping for further comments and information related to northwest radar blind spot.

Thank you
falldown

User ID: 520470
United States
03/21/2009 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, I'm not terribly familiar with the Northwest, but perhaps military radar covers certain areas, and maybe the civilian doppler is positioned to leave a gap for military craft (air and sea) to move without everybody on the planet watching?

Just a wild ass guess, of course.
~
~
"He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." ~Elbert Hubbard
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is funny ... The Chinese have a whole fleet of Spy ships!

Yeah they do! I think they are waiting for the USA to shoot down the North Korean satellite, so they are planning this story in the people minds in cause they counter attack USA...

I very much doubt that.

How would they get their Army to the United States Unnoticed?

That's a no brainer.....

Really How?
 Quoting: Nikki_LaVey

I don't know how war strategies, maneuvers & military tactics go...You could strategically station troops, if you have a navy, place subs/ships/air force, troops ready on alert. Stratigraphical would be off the pacific coast, Canada, Mexico/Venezuela....Create a diversion, say a launching of a test satellite , DPRK maybe...Or start a skirmish to get the enemy troops on some wild goose chase. Send a EMP at the same time, knocking out the enemies comms...While they are diverted, move in..Or plunge them into economic chaos...War is expensive, but to the victor goes the spoils...

It could be anything at this point...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 590052

From this thread about China, Russia, North Korea, Venezuela, Iran Invasion war in the USA.
Thread: Chinese naval generals accuse US of espionage China Allies of North Korea, Russia, and Iran...

I have had for the past 2 days, black helicopters fly over my house. I'm not saying it's due to this post, I find it a odd coincidence...I have an old digital camera Olympus C-3000 that won't work on my new comp with XP OS. I used it on my old comp win OS 98, but now I need a reader card for smart media that I can't find in the stores otherwise I would take pics of these black helicopters!

I have also had salesman and Jehovah's witnesses, or at least they say they are Jehovah's witnesses, knocking at my door since the 11th. They don't go to my neighbors house, just my house. I don't let them in, and my pitbulls guard the house anyways, enough to intimidate them from even wanting to come inside the house, lol

Is there a connection with the china thread, and this missing radar? Or just a coincidence?

I will check this thread later, now I need to go walk the dogs...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow no one interested in the gap in the radar for the Pacific northwest!!!!

No one interested in storm alerts to protect their home, lives?

No one interested in the gap in homeland security, civil defense!

Okay then!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 583597
United States
03/21/2009 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is funny ... The Chinese have a whole fleet of Spy ships!

Yeah they do! I think they are waiting for the USA to shoot down the North Korean satellite, so they are planning this story in the people minds in cause they counter attack USA...

I very much doubt that.

How would they get their Army to the United States Unnoticed?

That's a no brainer.....

Really How?

I don't know how war strategies, maneuvers & military tactics go...You could strategically station troops, if you have a navy, place subs/ships/air force, troops ready on alert. Stratigraphical would be off the pacific coast, Canada, Mexico/Venezuela....Create a diversion, say a launching of a test satellite , DPRK maybe...Or start a skirmish to get the enemy troops on some wild goose chase. Send a EMP at the same time, knocking out the enemies comms...While they are diverted, move in..Or plunge them into economic chaos...War is expensive, but to the victor goes the spoils...

It could be anything at this point...

From this thread about China, Russia, North Korea, Venezuela, Iran Invasion war in the USA.
Thread: Chinese naval generals accuse US of espionage China Allies of North Korea, Russia, and Iran...

I have had for the past 2 days, black helicopters fly over my house. I'm not saying it's due to this post, I find it a odd coincidence...I have an old digital camera Olympus C-3000 that won't work on my new comp with XP OS. I used it on my old comp win OS 98, but now I need a reader card for smart media that I can't find in the stores otherwise I would take pics of these black helicopters!

I have also had salesman and Jehovah's witnesses, or at least they say they are Jehovah's witnesses, knocking at my door since the 11th. They don't go to my neighbors house, just my house. I don't let them in, and my pitbulls guard the house anyways, enough to intimidate them from even wanting to come inside the house, lol

Is there a connection with the china thread, and this missing radar? Or just a coincidence?

I will check this thread later, now I need to go walk the dogs...

I saw the black Chinooks low and fast over Redmond on two consecutive days last week. Not sure what to make of it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 480609
United States
03/21/2009 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Okay then!

Interesting statement you made on the tranny thread about the distraction. I recall the hamburger avatar stuff happening when something heavy was going down, do you remember what it was? And for sure, if I ran this website and wanted to cause an all encompassing distraction thread, bashing Nikki would be the way to do it. Good detective work. I'm watching the skies.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 638245
United States
03/21/2009 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm watching the skies too. but really, if something comes down, it will show up here, and the nikki thread won't be a distraction, it's not like the thread is preventing the news from coming out.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Okay then!

Interesting statement you made on the tranny thread about the distraction. I recall the hamburger avatar stuff happening when something heavy was going down, do you remember what it was? And for sure, if I ran this website and wanted to cause an all encompassing distraction thread, bashing Nikki would be the way to do it. Good detective work. I'm watching the skies.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 480609

Yeah, I recall the hamburger avatar, and this thing with Nikki and I talking about how the Chinese/Russia could invade the USA without being noticed is quite disconcerting. Not to mention since 1993 they knew about the missing radar, and still we don't have it despite all the billions in damage!

This is a huge hole for Chinese/Russia subs to infiltrate our seaports since we have no radar!

Thanks for the comments 480609

hf
The Commentator

User ID: 587619
United States
03/21/2009 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Looks to be working just fine.

non sufficit Orbis

Being a zetatard means never having to make sense.

"Nancy pays me to post on Her threads"

Free Store admits to being a paid zetadrool shill

NO max/bridget EVER!!!!!
NO luser EVER!!!
NO clunker EVER!!!!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Comments from 638245, sorry I don't know if that was posted correctly, but you know who you are. Thank you for watching our seaports!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: The Commentator

Nope, data still missing since there is no coverage from the Olympics on. Read the thread, look at the missing data posted on this thread. Look at the pic of the missing data since the Radar was placed to far inland and radar can't read past the Olympics
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Radar are temporary are unavailable for this location

Plus from this pic

there IS NO COVERAGE
The Commentator

United States
03/21/2009 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nope, data still missing since there is no coverage from the Olympics on. Read the thread, look at the missing data posted on this thread. Look at the pic of the missing data since the Radar was placed to far inland and radar can't read past the Olympics

In Washington state there is no doppler radar west of the Olympics. Never has been in my memory.

Pretty low grade doom you have there, kid.
non sufficit Orbis

NO max/bridget EVER!!!!!
NO luser EVER!!!
NO clunker EVER!!!!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
$2 Million missing since 2008, over a billion dollars damages for the storm since we were not alerted to the oncoming storm!

Ask yourself why! Get a clue...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

In Washington state there is no doppler radar west of the Olympics. Never has been in my memory.

Pretty low grade doom you have there, kid.

My point! No doom here, however why the billions of dollars worth of damage, loss of life, when all the feds had to was fork over 10 million for a Doppler radar to cover the blind spot!

Why not cover the blind spot, and our seaports, and seacoast?

Hello! Read the entire post! All the seacoast cities, all the fishermen, everyone is asking the same questions! WHY?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is the NWO allowing the blind spot to allow the USA to be invaded by China, Russia, Venezuela, Mexico, North Korea, Iran, whoever allies against the west?

Why else would the feds allow billions of dollars and loss of life to happen, instead of installing a Doppler radar to cover out blind spot for about 10 million! Why?
The Commentator

United States
03/21/2009 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
$2 Million missing since 2008, over a billion dollars damages for the storm since we were not alerted to the oncoming storm!

I lived in the northwest for a number of years, and never once in my memory did a serious storm hit without at least a full days warning.

Like I said, pretty piss poor doom you have there, kid.
non sufficit Orbis

NO max/bridget EVER!!!!!
NO luser EVER!!!
NO clunker EVER!!!!!
The Commentator

United States
03/21/2009 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is the NWO allowing the blind spot to allow the USA to be invaded by China, Russia, Venezuela, Mexico, North Korea, Iran, whoever allies against the west?

Why else would the feds allow billions of dollars and loss of life to happen, instead of installing a Doppler radar to cover out blind spot for about 10 million! Why?

Care to tell us how a weather radar will protect against foreign invasion?

Oh right, you can't.
non sufficit Orbis

NO max/bridget EVER!!!!!
NO luser EVER!!!
NO clunker EVER!!!!!
aC on the run
User ID: 639915
South Korea
03/21/2009 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
'I have had for the past 2 days, black helicopters fly over my house. I'm not saying it's due to this post, I find it a odd coincidence...I have an old digital camera Olympus C-3000 that won't work on my new comp with XP OS. I used it on my old comp win OS 98, but now I need a reader card for smart media that I can't find in the stores otherwise I would take pics of these black helicopters!

I will check this thread later, now I need to go walk the dogs...'

and now they have brought the commentator out to debunk you. You are on to something AC!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh right, you can't.

wrong. here is a simple page for your simple mind on how radar works.

Meteorologists use radar to track storms, hurricanes and tornadoes. You even see a form of radar at many grocery stores when the doors open automatically! Obviously, radar is an extremely useful technology.

When people use radar, they are usually trying to accomplish one of three things:

* Detect the presence of an object at a distance - Usually the "something" is moving, like an airplane, but radar can also be used to detect stationary objects buried underground. In some cases, radar can identify an object as well; for example, it can identify the type of aircraft it has detected.

* Map something - The space shuttle and orbiting satellites use something called Synthetic Aperture Radar to create detailed topographic maps of the surface of planets and moons.

All three of these activities can be accomplished using two things you may be familiar with from everyday life: echo and Doppler shift. These two concepts are easy to understand in the realm of sound because your ears hear echo and Doppler shift every day. Radar makes use of the same techniques using radio waves.

In this article, we'll uncover radar's secrets. Let's look at the sound version first, since you are already familiar with this concept.
[link to www.howstuffworks.com]
The Commentator

United States
03/21/2009 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh right, you can't.

All three of these activities can be accomplished using two things you may be familiar with from everyday life: echo and Doppler shift. These two concepts are easy to understand in the realm of sound because your ears hear echo and Doppler shift every day. Radar makes use of the same techniques using radio waves.

In this article, we'll uncover radar's secrets. Let's look at the sound version first, since you are already familiar with this concept.

Which utterly, and staggeringly fails to answer my question: How does WEATHER RADAR protect against foreign invasion?

Try it again, kid.
non sufficit Orbis

NO max/bridget EVER!!!!!
NO luser EVER!!!
NO clunker EVER!!!!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I lived in the northwest for a number of years, and never once in my memory did a serious storm hit without at least a full days warning.

Try watching "Another prefect storm documentary!

"{Some of these survivors noted the violent winds weren’t forecast; Stevenson looks into why there was no warning of the future damage that resulted in losses well over $165 million. "

Another Perfect Storm features a variety of experts who indicate there may have been other contributing factors, such as timber harvests on steep slopes and inadequate levees. It includes interviews with U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell, University of Washington professor Cliff Mass and Ted Buehner with the National Weather Service, all of whom believe that the presence of coastal Doppler radar could have provided the information necessary for residents to better protect their property and leave for safer ground. And, Stevenson gives insight into the systems being reviewed and revised in order to better prepare Western Washingtonians for the next perfect storm. As she says, “The Pacific Northwest has some of the most exceptional, powerful and surprising weather in the U.S. It won’t be long before we’re reminded of it again.”

Another Perfect Storm is written and directed by Ben Saboonchian, photographed by Peter Frerichs and edited by Peter Gamba and Rick Woolery.

Shocking!
The Commentator

United States
03/21/2009 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Try watching "Another prefect storm documentary!

"{Some of these survivors noted the violent winds weren’t forecast; Stevenson looks into why there was no warning of the future damage that resulted in losses well over $165 million. "

Another Perfect Storm is written and directed by Ben Saboonchian, photographed by Peter Frerichs and edited by Peter Gamba and Rick Woolery.

Shocking!

bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag bsflag

Go back to school and try it again, kid.
non sufficit Orbis

NO max/bridget EVER!!!!!
NO luser EVER!!!
NO clunker EVER!!!!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Oh right, you can't.

Which utterly, and staggeringly fails to answer my question: How does WEATHER RADAR protect against foreign invasion?

Try it again, kid.

Hoquuiom past Astoria on is the blind spot...Those are Sea ports KID!

Plus these blind spots

I'm no kid! But I'm wondering if you are! Look at the military strategic manurers at these locations for a stronghold.

If you can't see that, I don't know, but ask yourself why didn't the government give us our Doppler radar before the Columbus day storm when they knew about the blind spot! Or even in 1993 Inaugural day storm! Because they knew it was a blind spot, thats why the present day radar was placed so far inland.

They knew KID, because it was a way open for an invasion...

If you can't see that, than you are either blind, a shrill, or just plain stupid!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
BTW I'm almost 50 years old, a military brat with a history of army, Navy and air force family!

I think we know about a military advantage, stratigraphical military maneuvers!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
03/21/2009 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Over and out for now...

GLP