PETA Killed 95 Percent of Adoptable Pets in its Care During 2008

mercury2

User ID: 167885
France
03/30/2009 08:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: PETA Killed 95 Percent of Adoptable Pets in its Care During 2008
I am no fan of PETA, but that article sounds like bullshit to me. Just about anything from a corporate front group like Center for Consumer Freedom should be assumed to be filled with half-truths and distortions. That is what they get paid for - why would you expect them to tell the truth?

Do you have any FACTUAL references for this that were NOT written by high paid propagandists? Any idea of the context of this bullshit? No - of course not. They strung together a series of words that they knew would get you to react - and you played right along. Thus, we see the reason for the state of things in this country. They know exactly how to manipulate us - and too few of us know how to see through it.

I realize it can be fun to spread lies other people were paid to make you believe, but in the end, it just makes you look like a fool.

Sorry.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 476405

I know what you mean, really I do, I don't know much about the organization "Center for Consumer Freedom" but of course it sounds like one of those phony front groups with an agenda - however - I have heard this story before about PETA killing pets, it's not going away, I'd love to hear that it's a 100% invented myth - is it?

Do you have any factual references to show that it's 100% bullshit? Now you can just say "innocent until proven guilty" I suppose.

I gave money to PETA for years and I appreciate the undercover work they have done in biological supply houses where the most atrocious abuses and cruelty go on that you could ever imagine, and other undercover infiltration they have done to expose a lot of the horrors that routinely happen in the most reputable animal research laboratories, not to mention the grotesque methods perpetrated daily and hourly in every slaughterhouse, where conditions are going downhill constantly.

So I give PETA a lot of credit for the work they do, it's hideous work and I admire them for it. Whoever got a job at Carolina Biological Supply and wrote about it deserves a ton of appreciation for doing that.

I could see PETA not wanting to get into the shelter business, that's their choice. But do people dump animals on their doorstep? I bet they do. Then what happens?

Putting unwanted animals down is a fact of life, it happens by the millions every year in this country, it's just one of those things we wish was different but it's not going away. Does PETA engage in it? Do they? They might - does anyone know for sure?
Kat Mama

User ID: 502623
United States
03/30/2009 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I work at a Humane Society and wow, wouldn't our shelter love to have some of PETA's bucks for our spay/neuter program.

PETA really, royally SUCKS.
CONDEMNATION without INVESTIGATION is the HIGHEST form of IGNORANCE
Kat Mama

User ID: 502623
United States
03/30/2009 09:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Putting unwanted animals down is a fact of life, it happens by the millions every year in this country, it's just one of those things we wish was different but it's not going away. Does PETA engage in it? Do they? They might - does anyone know for sure?
 Quoting: mercury2

IF PETA really cared about animals they would put some of that oodles of money they make and give it to area shelters for their spay/neuter programs. Spay/neuter is the only way we're going to slow down the growth of unwanted adorable animals.

And IF they cared about animals, they would NOT be accepting them as if they're an "adoption" center - they clearly are NOT.
CONDEMNATION without INVESTIGATION is the HIGHEST form of IGNORANCE
hatstand

User ID: 591011
United Kingdom
03/30/2009 09:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
peta should direct those animals to PDSA (peoples dispensary for sick animals, in the UK), do they have an equivalent in the US?

This story is shocking, if true.
darthchaos

User ID: 1482245
United States
07/25/2011 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
@Anonymous Coward, PETA and CCF are controlled opposition. They are both connected to the Rockefellers. There's a reason CCF won't criticize PETA for its hypocrisy when PETA refused to protest David Rockefeller's Stone Barns farm when it killed Boris (a hog) and turned him into sausage meat. You just don't bite the hand that feeds you.

PETA is a COINTELPRO operation designed to make TRUE animal welfare activists look like dangerous extremists. PETA owns stock in Tyson Foods and several fast food companies. That's something you'll never hear from the Zionist Jew-run CCF.

Last Edited by darthchaos on 07/25/2011 02:00 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1436079
United States
07/25/2011 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The people at PETA hate animals. They don't want people to eat them, wear their skins or fur or keep them as pets. Their ultimate agenda is to eliminate all association between people and animals.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 646094

Yet oddly, my pets follow me from room to room so apparently they themselves have no desire to eliminate all association between people and animals. But, I guess PETA figures they know better about what my pets want than they do. I can't even go pee without at least one cat sticking it's leg under the door. They stay underfoot wherever I go and sit outside my door if I close it with them on the other side.

GLP