Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,738 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 49,683
Pageviews Today: 105,741Threads Today: 61Posts Today: 846
01:03 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

the census bureau is coming to your front door/GPS *UPDATE* 5/1 The American Community Survey.

DaJavoo

User ID: 655922
United Arab Emirates
04/21/2009 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: the census bureau is coming to your front door/GPS *UPDATE* 5/1 The American Community Survey.
So they have perfect coordinates when they need to brain beam you on launch of "PROJECT BLUE BEAM" lol :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 661503

An excerpt from the article linked in my last post:

The physical, emotional, and psychological effects of this technology were so severe that hundreds of thousands of Iraqi troops surrended en masse without firing even a single shot against US led coalition forces. The numbers reported in the news were staggering: 75,000 and then annother 125,000 (or more) Iraqi troops would come out of their deep desert bunkers waving white flags and falling to their knees before approaching US troops and literally kiss their captor’s boots or hands if given the opportunity.

Why would eight year veterans of Middle Eastern warfare (with Iran 1980-1988) behave this way? Simple. They were subjected to a technology that was so extreme and incomprehensible that they were suddenly reduced to the level of compliant children and felt grateful to still be alive in the wake of their mind-wrenching experience.
:DJrebelli:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 469548
United States
04/21/2009 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: the census bureau is coming to your front door/GPS *UPDATE* 5/1 The American Community Survey.
It still is stupid, and will continue to be stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does!

(people living in their vehicles for instance!)
Juliett 484

User ID: 591484
United States
04/21/2009 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
the pre-census takers, the ones that plot all of the possible dwellings came to my door. Nice enough girl. I did this exact job in '99 and I knew what was coming...

"can the building behind your house be considered a second residence?"

I said, no it's our game room.

"but could someone live in that building, it looks large enough and equipped to be a dwelling?"

I told her no again.

a third time she asked me, as if I wasn't getting the gist of her question... and she asked it this way.

"could someone live in that building if they were seeking shelter?"

I said, no, it is our gameroom, do not plot it as a housing unit on your damn map.

she said, "I have to mark it "disputed". Someone will be back to check my work."

I was mad. It is none of her damn business what I do with the building on my property. I don't know what "disputed" means, but I will share when I find out and get another visit from the census nazi's!
The Jurist

User ID: 661493
United States
04/21/2009 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 469548

Well, there are some brilliant comments pick
`
(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Don’t listen to what they say, watch what they do.

~There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner. —me
~What luck for Rulers that Men do not Think. —Adolf Hitler

:damned: Doom is optional. There is good news abounds.
DaJavoo

United Arab Emirates
04/21/2009 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

DJpaci
May you be so fortunate as to have one when your time comes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 653746
United States
04/21/2009 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is a hidden housing unit?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 633322

20 illegals mexicans living in a garage
The Magnificent Bastard

User ID: 254206
United States
04/21/2009 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 469548
It still is stupid, and will continue to be stupid.Stupid is as stupid does!(people living in their vehicles for instance!)

Thanks in advance for volunteering to put all of them up at your house.
Idiot.
I have no sense decency! That way, my other senses are enhanced!

I'm a pragmatist, everyone's an asshole but me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 210370
United States
04/21/2009 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
they will have a tough time tracking down my Camper I am living in...

dont be so sure. they will end up going to camp sites and motor parks. i saw tons of these along the pennsylvania turnpike.
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

They've already been to my RV park....I'm permanent but they also gathered info on the visitor campers..Only 10% of the residences here are permanent...how stupid..90% of the other RV's won't ever be here again..just passing through....leads me to believe something else is going on....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 661472
United States
04/21/2009 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
the pre-census takers, the ones that plot all of the possible dwellings came to my door. Nice enough girl. I did this exact job in '99 and I knew what was coming...

"can the building behind your house be considered a second residence?"

I said, no it's our game room.

"but could someone live in that building, it looks large enough and equipped to be a dwelling?"

I told her no again.

a third time she asked me, as if I wasn't getting the gist of her question... and she asked it this way.

"could someone live in that building if they were seeking shelter?"

I said, no, it is our gameroom, do not plot it as a housing unit on your damn map.

she said, "I have to mark it "disputed". Someone will be back to check my work."

I was mad. It is none of her damn business what I do with the building on my property. I don't know what "disputed" means, but I will share when I find out and get another visit from the census nazi's!
 Quoting: Juliett 484

it means could it be use to hold troops of "freedom fighters"
or what ever there calling the right winger now,
or say if house the army in you area ,
would it be big enuff to hold troops.

say didn't we get mad at aking for that,
the houseing to troops in our houses way back in the day?
The Jurist

User ID: 661493
United States
04/21/2009 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 653746

lmao
`
(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Don’t listen to what they say, watch what they do.

~There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner. —me
~What luck for Rulers that Men do not Think. —Adolf Hitler

:damned: Doom is optional. There is good news abounds.
The Magnificent Bastard

United States
04/21/2009 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do you get by having 20 illegal mexicans living in one bedroom apartments? Drum roll please....A national hiring by the US Census.

lame But applicable.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 661472
United States
04/21/2009 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 653746

na it's all those people who are now or going to be homless in the great depression part II,
they are helping the local peeps to keep these poeple out of there area,

they 'll want them in camps like in ca,
lols.

in the great depression part I, we jot to see
how shity people could be to other who lost everything,
just think what it will be like with computors and
manditory tracking of all homless/jobless.
A_Leopard_Sanctuary

User ID: 456448
United States
04/21/2009 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am suddenly hungry and so's my dog.

Gee I hope they get out the drive alive. ahem

disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for gargoyle statues coming to life and practicing their curiosity on humans in any manner.

Last Edited by ALeopardSanctuary on 04/21/2009 04:59 PM
Brother sun, intuition moon. Home at the forest.

Sure every post I have mentions goat blood...How do you think we get plasma tv's?

Organic needs are being assaulted. I'm not amused by this & encourage all to grow heirloom seed for themselves.

The garden gives greatest power.
Diabetes curing food list [Forget the FDA - Think for yourself]:
Thread: Every item recently recalled by FDA for salmonella has diabetic healing also prostate Big Pharma rids their competition
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 168100
United States
04/21/2009 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
The reason they ask if someone can live in it, is so that in a time of "emergency" ie evacuation of people from a natural disaster etc, they could shelter them there; what do you think of that? I believe that this is what it is for, and also, the confidential nature is shit..... anyone can hack the system.
Jeanne
User ID: 661294
Germany
04/21/2009 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
We recently had the property tax people by also. They came by our house walked around for 1 minute and raised the value of our house by $10,000 (To raise property taxes)

If justice ruled this country they would have lowered everyone's property tax because the values of everyone's homes have fallen.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 652848

LoL

They recently bailouts for banksters caused a huge hole, so they need more money resources or tax recources.
desperatly looking for victims

Connect the dots!

WTF!
PhennommennonnModerator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

User ID: 581503
United States
04/21/2009 04:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
What do you get by having 20 illegal mexicans living in one bedroom apartments? Drum roll please....A national hiring by the US Census.

lame But applicable.
 Quoting: The Magnificent Bastard

chuckle @ drewskii
:FTARHUD22:

Last Edited by Phennommennonn on 04/21/2009 04:26 PM
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
The Magnificent Bastard

United States
04/21/2009 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
they will have a tough time tracking down my Camper I am living in...

dont be so sure. they will end up going to camp sites and motor parks. i saw tons of these along the pennsylvania turnpike.

They've already been to my RV park....I'm permanent but they also gathered info on the visitor campers..Only 10% of the residences here are permanent...how stupid..90% of the other RV's won't ever be here again..just passing through....leads me to believe something else is going on....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 210370

What my wife was saying, but failed to say is that alot of people use these motor parks as their permanent residence. I'm not joking. Some motor homes, although up on blocks have room extensions added on. Some had wood stoves, and porches. 2 of these lots were pretty close to full capacity, and tight knit like sardines too.

Last Edited by The Magnificent Bastard on 04/21/2009 04:40 PM

Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 05:06 PM

Report Abusive Post

so where're they all supposed to go einstein?????
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 06:01 PM

Report Abusive Post
this from india. possibly a precursor to what we will see:

[link to www.rediff.com]

Election Commission to use Census data, GPS to track voters

Delhi Bureau

In an attempt to curb bogus voting and monitor the migration of voters across India, the Election Commission is planning to link the Census data of 2011 with its electoral rolls. The EC then plans to use global positioning system to automatically record the voters' migration or shifting of residence.

A software, developed for this specific purpose, will be demonstrated to the Election Commission by the Registrar General of India at the Nirvachan Sadan.

Once the Census data is made available to the Election Commission, it will be clubbed with the electoral rolls. The GPS chip would be added to the electronic photo identity cards already issued to the voters.
The identity card will enable the Election Commission to record the movement of voters and pinpoint their location at the time of polling.

The ID will also detect bogus voters, said Commission sources said.

The GPS will also cut down the time taken in revising electoral rolls, as it will provide automatic updates on the basis of the voter's location, the sources said.
The RGI, which carries out the Census every decade, agreed to make the necessary changes in the software to facilitate its data's link-up with the electoral rolls.
According to sources, this data would be useful for the timely demarcation and delimitation of constituencies.
Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 06:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
[link to uscode.house.gov]

This link will take you to a text version of "Title 13". Everything I have read pertaining to the census page refers to Title 13 as to it's "authority
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 661372
United States
04/21/2009 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
The census lady came to our farm a couple weeks ago. MY folks were home and I'm sure blabbed everything the lady wanted to hear. MY folks are typical usa morons.
Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 06:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
excerpt from JG forums

The following was taken from the official census website:

"The 2010 Census will be a short-form only census and will count all residents living in the United States as well as ask for name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, relationship and housing tenure – taking just minutes to complete.
The more detailed socioeconomic information is now collected through the American Community Survey. The survey provides current data about your community every year, rather than once every 10 years. It is sent to a small percentage of the population on a rotating basis throughout the decade. No household will receive the survey more often than once every five years."
( [link to 2010.census.gov]

So The American Community Survey is the long, nosy, intrusive survey. (Here's a link about the ACS:
[link to www.mplonline.org]

The census is required by law. The American Community Survey, on the other hand... while it claims that it is, I'm not certain that could be backed up. And I am certainly not participating in that one! I keep thinking... was a similar type of "survey" conducted prior to the Holocaust?

One last link
[link to www.cato.org]
Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 06:12 PM

Report Abusive Post
U.S. incensed over census
Many choosing to pay $100 fine, not answer 'intrusive' questions

By Julie Foster

As questionnaires from the U.S. Census Bureau begin filling millions of mailboxes around the country for the official decennial head-count, citizens and civil rights advocates are loudly objecting to certain inquiries as violations of privacy and irrelevant to the legitimate purposes of government. The U.S. Constitution directs Congress to perform a census every 10 years "in such manner as they shall by law direct." Over the years, Congress has passed laws allowing various questions to appear on the census form that are not relevant to obtaining an accurate number of citizens.

Inquiries into an individual's race, for example, are used in conjunction with occupation information to determine compliance with equal opportunity laws, according to the Census Bureau.

One in six families is receiving a "long form" of the census containing 52 questions, several of which pertain to individuals' industry, occupation and income.
Job-related information is "used to formulate policy and programs for employment,career development
, and training," according to Bureau documents, and is "needed to measure compliance with anti-discrimination policies."

Statutory authorization for the use of such statistics exists in regulations for agencies from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Federal Reserve to Housing and Urban Development and the National Endowment for the Arts. All lay claim to a need for census data.
Census Bureau Director Kenneth Prewitt starkly revealed the administration's perspective on the purpose of such data collection.
Census results "affect power, money, group interests, civil rights; in short, who gets how much of what," he told the press in his plea to Americans to participate in what he calls a "civic ceremony."

"And that's exactly what's wrong with the Census," said Libertarian Party Director Steve Dasbach, in reference to Prewitt's statement. "The government uses Census information to dole out an estimated $180 billion in taxpayers' money, to justify and expand wasteful government programs, and to allow politicians to discriminate against Americans based on their racial or ethnic background," he said. Steve Dasbach, director of the Libertarian Party
Dasbach believes racial statistics provide the "blueprint for race-based government programs, like the mandatory 10 percent minority set-aside for federal highway projects, quotas for college admissions, and even decisions on whom to hire and fire."

Government pork spending is one of the party's chief objections to the superfluous questions, but the census itself is a waste of tax dollars, a party spokesman said.
George Getz, press secretary for the Libertarian Party, told WorldNetDaily 218 million forms are being mailed, and officials expect a 61 percent return -- down from a 65 percent return rate in 1990. Though the administration is aiming for 70 percent compliance, return rates fall short of achieving an accurate count, he said.

One tactic employed by the Bureau to increase compliance is constant reassurance that all information collected will be kept confidential.

"Anyone who believes that census information will be used for census purposes only probably believes their Social Security number is being used for Social Security purposes only," quipped Getz.

"Government is going out of its way saying that [alternate] use of census information is illegal, but so is taking FBI files," he continued.

"The government doesn't have a good track record for protecting privacy," he said. "There's a hint of irony in that this is one of those very few constitutional things the government does, but they've even managed to corrupt this."

The American Civil Liberties Union, which prides itself on a track record of protecting citizens' right to privacy, commends the Census Bureau for its "excellent past record of protecting the confidentiality of individual persons."
The ACLU does not object to the collection of race-related data, but points out a limitation on the manner in which it may be obtained.

"The government may mandate collection of information pertaining to race and ethnicity matters only where it is assembled in a manner which protects the privacy of individuals by separating the racial or ethnic information from personal identifying information such as name and address," states the ACLU's written policy. "Beyond this information, however, a citizen's right to privacy overrides the government's right to information."
When identities are not separated from racial qualifiers, the ACLU demands that compliance with race-related questions be strictly voluntary. However, separation of information categories does not occur, and yet WND was told by the Bureau that all questions must be answered by law.
The ACLU also objects to all questions related to religious belief or affiliation -- a seemingly obvious area where citizens have an impenetrable right to privacy, though Census Bureau employees appear to disagree.

WND asked the Bureau if full-time ministers are required to answer job-related questions on the census form, since answers inherently reveal a religious affiliation. Asking not to be quoted, staff immediately replied that everyone is required by law to answer every question on the survey regardless of what their answers may reveal about religious affiliation.

However, upon further discussion, the Bureau employee conceded that listing a religious denomination or organization as an employer could fall into a "gray area" of Title 13, Section 221 ( c) which states: "No person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body."

Census officials would have to review its policy for clergy, WorldNetDaily was told.
Dasbach characterizes the current census as "offensive," and urges citizens not to answer questions unrelated to a strict population count.

"Refusing to answer such questions," he said, "is a good first step towards ending such government racism."
Indeed, WorldNetDaily has received a flood of letters from readers outraged by the very personal questions government is asking. Many have decided not to participate beyond indicating the number of people in their household.

Title 13 also states, "whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects" to answer every question on the form "shall be fined not more than $100." Deliberately false answers incur a fine of up to $500.
A growing number of citizens are opting to pay a fine rather than disclose personal information to government bureaucrats.

The Drudge Report quotes a Capitol Hill source as saying, "The census count is already breaking down. People are in revolt! Calls are flooding into our office. ... They are very upset about the intrusive nature of the questions, such as how a person gets to work, whether they have any disabilities, how many cars they own, what their income was and who they work for!"

Likewise, many WND readers have indicated their willingness to pay the fine as a trade for maintaining privacy.
"It's time for some polite, patriotic civil disobedience," said Dasbach. "If you care about privacy, genuine equality, and old-fashioned American liberty, the arrival of the Census form is your chance to literally stand up and be counted. Tell them how many people live in your home, and that's all."

"Maybe $100 is a small price to pay for making a principled stand for privacy and freedom," he concluded.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 660366
United States
04/21/2009 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
U.S. incensed over census
Many choosing to pay $100 fine, not answer 'intrusive' questions
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

I will do for that form just as I do for Internet forms ....... nothing I fill out is true.
Axenicet
User ID: 661636
United States
04/21/2009 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
See www.edrivera.com Dr Ed Rivera

For most of us, we do not live nor are we inhabitants of the United States (28USC3002). California Government Code specifically states that the United States is located in Washington D.C. The Constitution for the United States applies only to Federal Government. It does not apply to the Free Flesh and Blood.

The State of California is a political subdivision of the Federal Government. The Declaration of Independence secured our unalienable rights and has allowed us to be free from all man-made Government unless we voluntarily chose to enter into a contract with the government. The US Constitution does not apply to those outside federal territory because we are not a party to the contract.

The State of California is limited to the property the general public has seceded to the State. The United States property is those lands that the general population through the State has seceded to the United States and the United States of America. The US is the property manager for the United States of America – the government.

Once the general population puts the governments back in their rabbit holes, everyone will be much happier. The Census Bureau, the IRS, the FTB, the FBI, Police (Policy Enforcers), State Building Codes, State Building Inspectors, and etc are reminded of there limited authority and there limited enclave, and put back in their rabbit holes all will be much happier.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 660888
United States
04/21/2009 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
We're not slaves we're FREE!
Promises Promises
User ID: 636222
United States
04/21/2009 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
When the government promises not to share sensitive personal information collected from these "Census Workers",

remember the history of government promises.

I'm sure most have a long list of promises broken by the government.

My personal favorite is the Social Security number.

Early on the government promised this number would never be used as an Identification Number.

Well, their promises where in vain. They lied.

It's being used as an Identification number.
DaJavoo

United Arab Emirates
04/21/2009 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
See www.edrivera.com Dr Ed Rivera

For most of us, we do not live nor are we inhabitants of the United States (28USC3002). California Government Code specifically states that the United States is located in Washington D.C. The Constitution for the United States applies only to Federal Government. It does not apply to the Free Flesh and Blood.

The State of California is a political subdivision of the Federal Government. The Declaration of Independence secured our unalienable rights and has allowed us to be free from all man-made Government unless we voluntarily chose to enter into a contract with the government. The US Constitution does not apply to those outside federal territory because we are not a party to the contract.

The State of California is limited to the property the general public has seceded to the State. The United States property is those lands that the general population through the State has seceded to the United States and the United States of America. The US is the property manager for the United States of America – the government.

Once the general population puts the governments back in their rabbit holes, everyone will be much happier. The Census Bureau, the IRS, the FTB, the FBI, Police (Policy Enforcers), State Building Codes, State Building Inspectors, and etc are reminded of there limited authority and there limited enclave, and put back in their rabbit holes all will be much happier.
 Quoting: Axenicet 661636

De jure law is one thing. De facto law is quite another.

[link to www.pacinlaw.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 650248
United States
04/21/2009 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
They might want to be getting a head count on the number of illegal aliens.
I Choose Both...

User ID: 489251
United States
04/21/2009 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow..just saw this thread today and guess who just rang my bell? Of course I told him I was in a meeting and for him to call some other time to set up an appt.

And I live in a mansion in a cushy part of the hollywood hills...interesting.
“I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”

-BH

GLP