Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,157 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 169,684
Pageviews Today: 286,607Threads Today: 89Posts Today: 1,761
04:13 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

the census bureau is coming to your front door/GPS *UPDATE* 5/1 The American Community Survey.

Omega

User ID: 340280
United States
04/21/2009 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: the census bureau is coming to your front door/GPS *UPDATE* 5/1 The American Community Survey.
The Drudge Report quotes a Capitol Hill source as saying, "The census count is already breaking down. People are in revolt! Calls are flooding into our office. ... They are very upset about the intrusive nature of the questions, such as how a person gets to work, whether they have any disabilities, how many cars they own, what their income was and who they work for!"<<<<<<<<

Fuck The Man in the ass.

I ain't paying the 100 till they answer ALL my questions first.

Thread: Lets Put An End To This B.S: The Civil Servants Questionaire

Sorry Phenn didn't mean to hijack your thread. ;>)

Last Edited by Omega on 04/21/2009 06:56 PM
Handguns are a skill; shotguns an art; rifles a science.

Disarmament is the precursor to Genocide.

Better to take action now rather than chances later. Your choice.
DaJavoo

User ID: 655922
United Arab Emirates
04/21/2009 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: the census bureau is coming to your front door/GPS *UPDATE* 5/1 The American Community Survey.
Wow..just saw this thread today and guess who just rang my bell? Of course I told him I was in a meeting and for him to call some other time to set up an appt.

And I live in a mansion in a cushy part of the hollywood hills...interesting.
 Quoting: I Choose Both...

Well now, suppose that dude would just fill it in for you from the curb?
:DJrebelli:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 555002
United States
04/21/2009 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is so if you are considered a "right wing domestic terrorist" and a threat to the gang of four (Obama, Pelosi, Reid and Emmanuel) they can just smart bomb you from 20,000 feet.
Woman On The Edge

User ID: 660715
United States
04/21/2009 06:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow..just saw this thread today and guess who just rang my bell? Of course I told him I was in a meeting and for him to call some other time to set up an appt.

And I live in a mansion in a cushy part of the hollywood hills...interesting.

Well now, suppose that dude would just fill it in for you from the curb?
 Quoting: DaJavoo

Well, they will be very confused when they try to find me .... I've had 4 address changes in 5 years.
"Courage & knowledge always triumph over fear & ignorance"

[link to www.facebook.com]
PhennommennonnModerator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

User ID: 581503
United States
04/21/2009 06:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
The Drudge Report quotes a Capitol Hill source as saying, "The census count is already breaking down. People are in revolt! Calls are flooding into our office. ... They are very upset about the intrusive nature of the questions, such as how a person gets to work, whether they have any disabilities, how many cars they own, what their income was and who they work for!"<<<<<<<<

Fuck The Man in the ass.

Quoting: Omega

fuck you O lol ....you didnt hijack my thread FFS if you check yours i high fived it and posted a pin smilie in it. i printed that mofo out and its taped to the back of my front door ready & able. anything time you contribute a post is always welcome my friend. (even if its a fuck you back chuckle )
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Omega

User ID: 340280
United States
04/21/2009 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Fuck The Man in the ass.

fuck you O lol ....you didnt hijack my thread FFS if you check yours i high fived it and posted a pin smilie in it. i printed that mofo out and its taped to the back of my front door ready & able. anything time you contribute a post is always welcome my friend. (even if its a fuck you back chuckle )
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

LMAO okay thanks I appreciate it. We should start some shit sometimes...oh wait!!!! ;>)
Handguns are a skill; shotguns an art; rifles a science.

Disarmament is the precursor to Genocide.

Better to take action now rather than chances later. Your choice.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 627527
United States
04/21/2009 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its ok. Just be naked and act like a raving homosexual lunatic when they knock. Ask them in for dinner, play rockband and invite them to get drunk with you. Gets rid of the Jehovah's witnesses every time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 555002
United States
04/21/2009 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Since they are intruding on your privacy and asking non relivent questions, meet them at the door with a camera and take their picture. Tell em it's "in case any of my property turns up missing - since you are GPSing my house".

See what kind of response that gets banana2
anonymous
User ID: 661651
United States
04/21/2009 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
We recently had the property tax people by also. They came by our house walked around for 1 minute and raised the value of our house by $10,000 (To raise property taxes)

If justice ruled this country they would have lowered everyone's property tax because the values of everyone's homes have fallen.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 652848

your neighborhood can fight that increase from falling property values across america...get VA FHA appraisals which will reflect new values....then appeal tax increases
anonymous
User ID: 661651
United States
04/21/2009 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its ok. Just be naked and act like a raving homosexual lunatic when they knock. Ask them in for dinner, play rockband and invite them to get drunk with you. Gets rid of the Jehovah's witnesses every time.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 627527

we do not even ask "who is it" to any stranger at our door ..let alone unlock our door....our "peep holes" solves all drama for us and aggrevating interruptions a win wn.. EVEN cops advised all of us of this safe strategy long ago.. ......lol.....BECAUSE IT WORKS..
ray16309

User ID: 484930
United States
04/21/2009 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
It happened to me yesterday! The Census guy was in front of my house as I pulled in the driveway...
He gave me my little receipt and then told me that his GPS device could locate my houses position within feet of where he was supposed to be standing.
"If you have a demagogue with a fanatical mass movement of personality cultus, who is imposing the program of a group of 'Extreme Bankers' and finance oligarchs... That's Fascism". ~Webster G. Tarpley~

My KA-BAR is SHARP!
Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 07:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh theyre tallying the tote-board on all the foreclosed/vacant homes.
political correctness is a doctrine.... fostered by a delusional, illogical minority...... and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 661667
United States
04/21/2009 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Last week I was home from work sick and a woman was standing at the front of my house typing info into a hand held computer. She stood there for a good 3-5 minutes. I finally opened the door to ask her if I could help her and she quite coldly told me she was with the census bureau and handed me a flyer. She never asked any questions but she was looking at my house and just typing away. it very well could have been a GPS receiver in the hand held.

I did not like how that was handled, if I had not been home I never would have known she was there.
ray16309

User ID: 484930
United States
04/21/2009 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh theyre tallying the tote-board on all the foreclosed/vacant homes.

My card board box isn't worth very much but it is home!
Luckily I can piggyback my neighbors wireless router so I can go on GLP!
"If you have a demagogue with a fanatical mass movement of personality cultus, who is imposing the program of a group of 'Extreme Bankers' and finance oligarchs... That's Fascism". ~Webster G. Tarpley~

My KA-BAR is SHARP!
OneAngryMom

User ID: 506709
United States
04/21/2009 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
OMG

Some creeper stopped by MY house today!

My daughter was here and I wasn't

gave her incorrect information and asked her to verify it

she did not

I thought the census would be NEXT year....why are they starting in '09?

Guess I need to do a bit of research

thanks for the post Phenom
Forum Administrator

United States
04/21/2009 07:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
i guess they wanna count us all now in preps for the 'pandemic' so they know how many fema coffins to buy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 615731
United States
04/21/2009 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
That cardboard box is an interesting point. I know people that live out of RV's year round. They change location constantly.

I thought about the tresspassing signs and gates. It will keep out the police, unless they have a warrant, but by law, you are required to comply with the sensus. if you don't, they get serious, send in agents. My family didn't fill out their form and got people knocking at the door. The step before sending feds they said and arresting you.
Vertol
User ID: 661689
United States
04/21/2009 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just meet a woman today that had a handheld unit in her hand ( this was on 90th st. in downtown ocean city ,maryland ) and asked me about a small (been there for a long time dwelling behind a 20 yr.old condo complex ( guess they didn't want to sell .lol ,probably from the 50's ) but had no house # anywere on it ,and this woman was getting so upset ,I could not help her ,by that point she kind of joke that she was going to guess a # So I guess how that will work .
The Jurist

User ID: 661493
United States
04/21/2009 08:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Omega

The thing is, people must keep their cool.

We cannot have the adversary controlling the situation.

`

Last Edited by The Jurist on 04/21/2009 08:08 PM
`
(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Don’t listen to what they say, watch what they do.

~There is Tranquility in Ignorance, but Servitude is its Partner. —me
~What luck for Rulers that Men do not Think. —Adolf Hitler

:damned: Doom is optional. There is good news abounds.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 642760
United States
04/21/2009 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
And Caesar ordered a census, to number all the human race.

There's a reason why both King David and Caesar pissed God off specifically by running censuses.
 Quoting: Goldfish

You have that wrong good friend. The number which pissed God off was more like the SSN satanic serial number used today which is also the number of the beast. You David and Caesar both wanted to give them a number not just count how many.

It indicates ownership like a cattle brand. This is why when asked for a SSN anymore my answer is a quick, "I don't use a satanic serial number" or that I don't have one to give them having never applied for one - Truth.

The number indicating ownership is what got God all in a tizzy about men being "numbered".
User ID 580336

User ID: 580336
Australia
04/21/2009 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
What if your front gate is a mile away from your front door?
And has a large lock on it with a sign, "Private Property, No Entry, Trespassers Shot"?
Why do you speak shit on the internet?
And what does it do for you personally?
www.climatechangefraud.com
Ricfly52

User ID: 272605
United States
04/21/2009 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I guess I was sleepy or something, I just saw this thread.

About two weeks ago a guy came down our block on foot. I saw him because I was out doing yard work. He would walk in the street, just off the curb. He would position himself in front of a house, and then he wrote or entered info on a clip board, that had a large box on it.

When he got in front of my house I said Hey what's up?
He looked me in the eyes and continued his thing without a word.

Of course anyone who knows me knows what my reaction was.

I told him to get the fuck away from my house and quit what the ever @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ he was doing.

He didn't flinch, he just moved to the next house!

This is not good people!
Fishing and skiing keeps me a little sane.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 660440
United States
04/21/2009 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
if they come to my door physically, what are my rights? Can I choose not to respond? Can I deny them entry What are penalties for failure to comply, if any? Etc.

then again this was re the 2000 census things have CHANGEd

[link to www.fff.org]
The Census Bureau wants you to tell it all sorts of things about yourself, but there's one thing it doesn't want to tell you: You may be punished if you disobey.

You will search in vain through the census materials you receive in the mail for notice or details of that threat. The notification letter makes no mention of a penalty. The letter containing the form states boldly, but vaguely, "Your response is required by law."

The Bureau's website is also silent on the matter of penalty. To the question, Why should people fill out their census forms, the answer given is: "Participating in the census is in the individual's own self interest. People who answer the census help their communities obtain federal and state funding and valuable information for planning schools, hospitals, roads, and more. For example, census information helps decision makers understand which neighborhoods need new schools and which ones need greater services for the elderly. But they will not be able to tell what your neighborhood needs if you do not fill out your census form."

In other words, get your share of the welfare-state booty or someone else will.

I knew from past census campaigns that there is a punishment threatened, so I called the Census Bureau in Maryland to ask about it. Getting information was like pulling teeth.

Why is there nothing about penalties? I asked.

"There's a good reason we don't put information about it on the website," said the woman at the Bureau's Decennial Management Division. "The census bureau goes about getting the cooperation of the American people by focusing on the positive reasons for responding to the census."

But there is a penalty for not answering, is there not?

"It depends on who you are. An individual is treated differently from the owner of an apartment house."

Under the rule of law, aren't citizens entitled to know in advance there is a penalty for refusing to comply?

"We don't put people in jail because they don't respond to the questions. We try to appeal to their better instincts."

What if someone refuses?

"We don't go out of our way to enforce the law."

But what if someone refuses?

She said that when she was a census taker, she would patiently explain the benefits from an accurate count.

And if a person still refused?

She said she would give the person time to come around. She'd come back a week later after giving the person a chance to think about it.

And if on principle he still refused?

"I don't even want to talk about penalties."

I asked her to quote the law, which she finally-reluctantly-did. Under Title 13, Section 221, of the Census Code, "refusal or willful neglect" to answer any questions to the best of one's knowledge carries a fine of not more than $100. For giving a false answer the maximum fine is $500. Finally, the penalty for refusing to permit a census taker onto the premises is a maximum $1,000 fine and up to a year in prison. The woman at the Census Bureau said this last category applies to owners and managers of apartment houses who won't let an enumerator enter, but she conceded that the law does not confine those harsh penalties to landlords.

So there we have it. The Constitution authorizes Congress to count the population every 10 years in order to draw districts for the House of Representatives. That's it. But Congress exceeds its authority and orders the Census Bureau to ask about people's race, their economic circumstances, their homes, their commute to work, even how many toilets they have.

And you can be fined, perhaps imprisoned, if you don't comply with this intrusion.

The questions are bad enough. The answers are none of the government's business, especially since they only plan to do mischief with them. But it is outrageous that there are hidden penalties for failure to "cooperate." Under the American rule of law, legal obligations are supposed to be clear and any penalties spelled out in advance.

The Census Bureau doesn't want the bad image that would result from its threatening punishment. But our legal tradition says nothing about public relations.

Sheldon Richman is senior fellow at The Future of Freedom Foundation in Fairfax, Va. (www.fff.org), and editor of Ideas on Liberty magazine.

They sent two people to my door when I didn't send in my info for the 1990 census. I argued with them for over a half an hour before they finally warned me of the penalties. I was SO angry, but I gave in and gave them their frigging information. I don't think they were expecting so much trouble from a 25 year old, but my mother-in-law had once been involved with a patriot group and taught me well. lol

Wanting to avoid a repeat for the 2000 census, I went ahead and filled the damned thing out. I might have been less than honest with my answers. *wink* feck em!
A_Leopard_Sanctuary

User ID: 665837
United States
04/27/2009 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
GIS systems of each county have all this shit.

Has no sense at all other than to perfect and preset coordinates for push button laser zapping from a distance weapon. Now you fucking know.
Brother sun, intuition moon. Home at the forest.

Sure every post I have mentions goat blood...How do you think we get plasma tv's?

Organic needs are being assaulted. I'm not amused by this & encourage all to grow heirloom seed for themselves.

The garden gives greatest power.
Diabetes curing food list [Forget the FDA - Think for yourself]:
Thread: Every item recently recalled by FDA for salmonella has diabetic healing also prostate Big Pharma rids their competition
ShamelesslyRed

User ID: 667138
United States
04/29/2009 12:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yesterday morning, I stepped outside to smoke. A mini van pulled up at my home. I stepped back inside to put my pants on ( i was in my pj's). While I grabbed my sweat pants I peeked out of the window and this lady was standing on the sidewalk facing my door/ walkway and typing in something on a hand held computer. She had a tote bag that read US CENSUS. It might have taken me all of 60 seconds to get back outside. Just as I did, she got into the mini van and left. She didn't stop anywhere else on my street that I could tell. She drove to the main road and left the neighborhood. It was weird. I had expected her to knock. She never did. (4-28-09) iamwith

Last Edited by ShamelesslyRed on 04/29/2009 12:03 AM
A_Leopard_Sanctuary

User ID: 667321
United States
04/29/2009 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
A small woman came by saying she got her census position and learned how to do all this three weeks ago. There might be someone returning since she may have been too dumb to know how to operate the gadget.

The gadget had a sticker that said property of US gov.

Last Edited by ALeopardSanctuary on 05/01/2009 12:55 AM
Brother sun, intuition moon. Home at the forest.

Sure every post I have mentions goat blood...How do you think we get plasma tv's?

Organic needs are being assaulted. I'm not amused by this & encourage all to grow heirloom seed for themselves.

The garden gives greatest power.
Diabetes curing food list [Forget the FDA - Think for yourself]:
Thread: Every item recently recalled by FDA for salmonella has diabetic healing also prostate Big Pharma rids their competition
ShadowDancer

User ID: 287857
United States
04/29/2009 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have not seen any around here in NH but that does not mean it is not happening...In fact, I think it is targeting imho-seems on the cases where they only note one house out of several...there seems to be a Medusa behind it as far as I can C

Many headed, a hydra of sorts, multi purpose but it feels negative...nefarious more than benign

my vibe...100$ is not that much...
fortitudo et spes

When Japan happened I responded: "The Excrement Has Impacted the Rotary Oscillator." and clearly it has.
Thread: The Excrement Is Striking the Rotary Oscillator
+++++++++++++++
"Ego et Dominus sumus amici"
+++++++++++++++
Ego et mea umbra
+++++++++++++++

'Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electrically control the brain. Some day armies and generals will be controlled by electric stimulation of the brain.’
- U.S. government mind manipulator, Dr. Jose Delgado, Congressional Record, No. 262E, Vol. 118, 1974
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Realeyesrealizereal​lies. C.

Thread: GIRD uP as GRID Collapses

Thread: Eugenics 101 (Page 27)

Thread: Frankenfoods for YOU (Page 2)

Thread: I Do Not Consent

Thread: FOOD

Thread: Cern Power___Colder than Space

Thread: Hempilation Compilation Contemplation
Thread: Harmonics and Healing (Page 35)
Thread: Sarah's Nightmare (Page 10)
Thread: Destination Maccabees
Thread: Let's Play a GAME

Thread: Throat Singing
Normal Is Subjective

User ID: 667494
Canada
04/29/2009 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
And Caesar ordered a census, to number all the human race.

There's a reason why both King David and Caesar pissed God off specifically by running censuses.
 Quoting: Goldfish

Don't forget this:

The Domesday Book is the record of the great survey of England completed in 1086, executed for William I of England, or William the Conqueror. While spending Christmas of 1085 in Gloucester, William "had deep speech with his counsellors and sent men all over England to each shire ... to find out ... what or how much each landholder had in land and livestock, and what it was worth" (Anglo-Saxon Chronicle).

One of the main purposes of the survey was to determine who held what, and what taxes had been liable under Edward the Confessor; the judgment of the Domesday assessors was final—whatever the book said about who held the material wealth, or what it was worth, was the law, and there was no appeal. It was written in Latin, although there were some vernacular words inserted for native terms with no previous Latin equivalent, and the text was highly abbreviated. The name Domesday comes from the Old English word dom (of which the Modern English doom is descended), meaning accounting or reckoning. Thus domesday, or doomsday, is literally a day of reckoning, meaning that a lord takes account of what is owed by his subjects.[citation needed]. Richard fitzNigel, writing c. 1179, stated that the book was known by the English as 'Domesday', that is the Day of Judgement "for as the sentence of that strict and terrible last account cannot be evaded by any skilful subterfuge, so when this book is appealed to ... its sentence cannot be put quashed or set aside with impunity. That is why we have called the book 'the Book of Judgement' ... because its decisions, like those of the Last Judgement, are unalterable."[1]

In August 2006, a complete online version of Domesday Book was made available for the first time by the UK's National Archives. [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Last Edited by Normal Is Subjective on 04/29/2009 03:30 PM
I thought I'd beat the inevitibility of death to death just a little bit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 668750
United States
04/30/2009 09:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
They were on my porch last thursday saying that they were "updating their maps". By they I mean a young kid with a clipboard and a hand held GPS.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 254879
United States
04/30/2009 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in NY, they came to my house today. She didn't like my German Shepherd :)

GLP