Poll: Third of Republicans view party unfavorably

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 698800
United States
06/09/2009 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Poll: Third of Republicans view party unfavorably
WASHINGTON — In thinking about the Republican Party's troubles, consider this: One-third of Republicans now say they have an unfavorable opinion of their party.

There's no such dyspepsia among Democrats. Just 4% have an unfavorable view of their party.

The findings of a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll underscore the perilous state of the GOP. Over the past three years, Republicans have lost control of the White House, the House of Representatives and the Senate, and they're now struggling to forge a unified response to the popular new Democratic president.

-----

Asked by Gallup "what comes to mind when you think of the Republican Party," 25% of those surveyed said "unfavorable" and another 1 in 4 offered negative assessments including "no direction," "close-minded" and "poor economic conditions." Sixteen percent said conservative and 7% "favorable."

[link to www.usatoday.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 365611
United Kingdom
06/09/2009 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Poll: Third of Republicans view party unfavorably
According to Sarah Palin, 10/4 of Americans view the Republicans favorably! :D
Reece2076

User ID: 698515
China
06/09/2009 03:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
:oldgop:
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Bigboat

User ID: 649575
United States
06/09/2009 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am one of them .
DanG
User ID: 585146
United States
06/09/2009 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
easy f*ckin answer
RON PAUL

but Nooooo
Bigboat

User ID: 649575
United States
06/09/2009 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
easy f*ckin answer
RON PAUL

but Nooooo
 Quoting: DanG 585146

yep
Andromeda

User ID: 658410
United States
06/09/2009 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know, up until a few weeks ago I didn't see the beauty of Ron Paul. Now lately I do.

The Republicans are all dominated by religitards and tools with God knows who pulling strings in the background.

Not the party it used to be! Under the Bushes the Republican party became too religious and vacuous.

At least the Democrats have some semblance of an agenda right now that isn't all church-lady repressive sex laws and ignoring the regulatory function of government.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1008941
United States
09/10/2012 12:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Of course some neocons are gonna have problems.

Their last president started two wars and crashed the economy.
JD Pratt

User ID: 23306595
United States
09/10/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
What a surprise!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23408295
United States
09/10/2012 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Republicans are no longer conservative nor for less government.

Big Pharma

Big Oil

Pro-war

Ruled by the Military Industrial Complex

More prisons

Run by Wall St.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5073178
United States
09/10/2012 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
was a republican my whole life, left the party a few years ago to become independent, i no longer wanted to be grouped with those a-holes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20589235
United States
09/10/2012 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have been a lifelong republican. Even worked as a full time Campaign Operative for the party (full time paid job) for quite some time years ago. Have been distancing myself from the Religioustards, Uneducated Idiots, Wall Street Bankers, and Neocons who seized control the party back in the late 90's.

It is sad to me since I still strongly believe in the Free Market and Freedom, something at odds with much of the underlying philosophy of the Democratic Party. Unfortunately those things I believe in are NOT important anymore to the Republicans ... it has become in reality what some always called it "The STUPID Party".

I can NEVER vote for a person as President who says they believe the earth was created less than 10,000 years ago. To me that just means they are an I-D-I-O-T, and the job of US President is too important to be trusted to an IDIOT. I would rather have someone competent in the job who I disagree with on just about everything than an IDIOT.

The Religioustards? Sheesh ... they want to get into everybody's personal lives worse than the Democrats want to get into everybody's pockets.

Neocons? When have they ever been right about anything? PERPETUAL WAR is their mantra!! ... as long as it isn't their own kids, cousins, or any direct relative who is actually fighting it.

Wall Steet Bankers? Well both parties are bought and paid for by that crowd. Not an inch of difference between the two. Note how MF Global S-T-O-L-E a Billion Dollars of client's Trust Account money in 2011 early 2012 and the US Justice Dept says, "O-Well, NO criminal charges", and BOTH Congressional Delegations are quiet as church mice about it.

Time for the Republican Party to D-I-E like the Whig Party died. What replaces it hopefully will be better, MUCH better.

GLP