Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,872 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 875,499
Pageviews Today: 1,570,171Threads Today: 532Posts Today: 11,063
05:46 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford missing since Thursday!

Dread Pirate Roberts
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 706641
United States
06/22/2009 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford missing since Thursday!
weird all around!

June 22, 2009
[link to politicalwire.com]
Sanford Goes Missing
The whereabouts of South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford (R) "have been unknown to state officials since Thursday, and some state leaders are questioning who is in charge of the executive office," reports the Columbia State.

"Neither the governor's office nor the State Law Enforcement Division has been able to reach Sanford, who left the mansion in a black SLED Suburban SUV."

"Sanford's last known whereabouts were near Atlanta, where a mobile telephone tower picked up a signal from his phone, authorities said."

According to WCBD-TV, the First Lady said he "has been gone for several days and she doesn't know where, but she is not concerned."

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/22/2009 03:58 PM
"From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17
Dread Pirate Roberts  (OP)

United States
06/22/2009 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford missing since Thursday!
remember, he was the guy who opposed the stimulus and the court forced him to take the money

[link to politicalwire.com]

Gov. Sanford not heard from since Thursday
The whereabouts of Gov. Mark Sanford have been unknown to state officials since Thursday, and some state leaders are questioning who is in charge of the executive office.

Neither the governor’s office nor the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for governors, has been able to reach Sanford after he left the mansion in a black SLED Suburban SUV, said Sen. Jake Knotts and three others familiar with the situation but who declined to be identified.

Sanford’s last known whereabouts were near Atlanta, where a mobile telephone tower picked up a signal from his phone, authorities said.
Sanford

First lady Jenny Sanford told The Associated Press today her husband has been gone for several days and she doesn't know where he is.

The governor’s personal and state phones have been turned off and he has not responded to phone and text message since Thursday, a source said.

Jenny Sanford said she was not concerned. She said the governor said he needed time away from their children to write something.

The governor’s office issued a statement Monday afternoon: "Gov. Sanford is taking some time away from the office this week to recharge after the stimulus battle and the legislative session, and to work on a couple of projects that have fallen by the wayside.

"We are not going to discuss the specifics of his travel arrangements or his security arrangements.

One official familiar with the situation said there is no indication that foul play is involved because Sanford occasionally makes trips without his security detail.

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer said he didn't know where Sanford is but said he had not been put in charge.

Knotts, a longtime Sanford critic, said he contacted SLED Chief Reggie Lloyd Saturday after he heard reports the governor could not be reached.

"Chief Lloyd confirmed that my information is legitimate," Knotts said in a statement released early in the afternoon. "He shared my concerns" about succession of power in Sanford’s absence, the Lexington Republican said.

"I was recently made aware that Governor Sanford has frequently been eluding SLED agents and disappearing at odd times," Knotts said.

"As the head of our state, in the unfortunate event of a state of emergency or homeland security situation, Governor Sanford should be available at all times to the chief of SLED," the senator said.

"If for any reason, including the unknown whereabouts of the governor, he is unable to perform the duties of his office, the constitution provides that the lieutenant governor assumes the position of governor.

"I want to know immediately ­ who is running the executive branch in the governor’s absence," Knotts said.

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/22/2009 04:02 PM
"From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17
little star
User ID: 687974
United States
06/22/2009 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! This is interesting..
Makes you wonder where he is...

United States
06/22/2009 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is what Sanford did after they said he HAD to take the stimulus money, this was last Wed and the next day he went missing:

Gov. Sanford sues S.C. General Assembly
[link to www.thestate.com]

Gov. Mark Sanford is taking the General Assembly to court after lawmakers required him to accept $350 million in disputed federal money by overriding his budget vetoes.

Sanford quickly announced the federal suit after the Senate voted 34-11 on a state budget that forces him to accept the money.

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/22/2009 03:47 PM
Ragman

User ID: 590942
United States
06/22/2009 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 693275
United States
06/22/2009 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
i bet he went to the bunker... hiding

United States
06/22/2009 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sanford was vocal after he was ordered by both the state court and state legislature to accept the stimulus money -- saying President Obama was engineering a federal takeover of his state.

United States
06/22/2009 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
ha! then the reporters had started playing Where's Waldo so his Office released a statement:

“Gov. Sanford is taking some time away from the office this week to recharge after the stimulus battle and the legislative session, and to work on a couple of projects that have fallen by the wayside. We are not going to discuss the specifics of his travel arrangements or his security arrangements.”

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/22/2009 03:50 PM
little star
United States
06/22/2009 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Boy this info is like the old glp. This is the kind of thread that makes people wake up..
I give this thread 10 stars.
I wonder if it will hit the tv media?
TORCHWOOD

User ID: 659181
Canada
06/22/2009 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any official sources?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 709068
United States
06/22/2009 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
His loving wife is unconcerned?????

United States
06/22/2009 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Boy this info is like the old glp. This is the kind of thread that makes people wake up..
 Quoting: little star 687974

thanks! I know, the only guy to make a stink about the stimulus, lawsuits on both sides abounding, he goes on Glenn Beck to clearly state that the Federal Government was bent on a takeover, the guy disappears, his wife has no clue where he is, and under duress the office says he is on R&R and let's not even discuss his security arrangements!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 709068
United States
06/22/2009 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.thestate.com]
The Chef

User ID: 671624
United States
06/22/2009 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 693275

I was thinking the same thing lol

United States
06/22/2009 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
His loving wife is unconcerned?????
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 709068

she has to know where he is but ain't saying...or doesn't know but knows the gist (so they can't waterboard it out of her later? only half LOL-ing here).

I am sad the state was not allowed to act as a state and self-determine the decision on the stimulus money. They forced his hand and then he lodged a suit. Then he disappears...

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/22/2009 03:54 PM
LHP
User ID: 708728
United States
Report Abusive Post
Thats funny. I live in Columbia and noone has said anything about it. Not even on the news. WIS-TV10
little star
United States
Report Abusive Post

thanks! I know, the only guy to make a stink about the stimulus, lawsuits on both sides abounding, he goes on Glenn Beck to clearly state that the Federal Government was bent on a takeover, the guy disappears, his wife has no clue where he is, and under duress the office says he is on R&R and let's not even discuss his security arrangements!
 Quoting: Dread Pirate Roberts

The key thing here is my wife knows where I am and I know where she will be during the day.
Boy if his wife does not know where he is, then this could be something that will rock the news media for weeks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 705863
United States
Report Abusive Post
tp
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 660194
United States
Report Abusive Post
weird all around!
the First Lady said he "has been gone for several days and she doesn't know where, but she is not concerned."
 Quoting: Dread Pirate Roberts

WhAT... she is not concerned... since when does your husband go missing for days and you are NOT Concerned.

Unless he has a mistress that she knows he hangs out with?

United States
06/22/2009 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thats funny. I live in Columbia and noone has said anything about it. Not even on the news. WIS-TV10
 Quoting: LHP 708728

it is on WMBF and WCBD, dunno if those are in your area
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 422489
United States
06/22/2009 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump to pass on to sc friends
LHP
User ID: 708728
United States
06/22/2009 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just looked at wis news and damn. Someone got busted with 635 pounds of weed.

United States
06/22/2009 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
news coverage is picking up. Half an hour ago there was one news article, now there are 15

Sanford goes missing
Politico - Ben Smith - ‎9 minutes ago‎
The whereabouts of Gov. Mark Sanford have been unknown to state officials since Thursday, and some state leaders are questioning who is in charge of the ...

Where Is Gov. Mark Sanford?

Atlantic Online - ‎15 minutes ago‎
Not on a particular question of policy... but, as in, where is he, physically? South Carolina's press corps is in a meltdown today because it appears as if ...

SC Gov. Sanford Disappears To 'Recharge'
WHNS - ‎3 minutes ago‎
Gov. Mark Sanford's wife said Monday she did not know the location of the two-term Republican chief executive. First lady Jenny Sanford told The Associated ...

Where is Governor Mark Sanford? First Lady doesn't know.
WCBD - Larry Collins - ‎37 minutes ago‎
A representative for Governor Mark Sanford says the governor is taking some time away from the office this week to recharge after the ...

Where's Sanford?
FITSNews - ‎1 hour ago‎
By fitsnews • on June 22, 2009 SC Gov. Mark Sanford is apparently getting a little R&R after a lengthy political battle over a disputed pot of federal ...

SC 1st lady, staff won't discuss gov's whereabouts
The State - Jim Davenport - ‎17 minutes ago‎
Gov. Mark Sanford's wife said Monday she did not know the location of the two-term Republican chief executive

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/22/2009 03:57 PM
ANNONYMOUS
User ID: 661006
United States
06/22/2009 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
5a

What happens in VEGAS stays in Vegas. Viva stimulus funds.
noKnothing~

User ID: 631297
United States
06/22/2009 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
He died in a anti-nwo accident. ::kungkick::
(.__________________________________.)
Pheenix11

User ID: 665901
United States
06/22/2009 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
pin this shit

United States
06/22/2009 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
his security detail can't even reach him.

hopefully he is just getting some well-earned R&R and nothing worse has happened
Tmad1

User ID: 639728
United States
06/22/2009 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who wants to bet he is with a few male hookers and a big bag of coke. That sounds about right. That or he is hanging out at the airport bathroom.

Last Edited by Tmad1 on 06/22/2009 04:06 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 707943
United States
06/22/2009 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
carradined
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 426194
United States
06/22/2009 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
PIN THIS!!!!
Normal Is Subjective

User ID: 709114
Canada
06/22/2009 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

I was thinking the same thing lol
 Quoting: The Chef

Did he take his bug out bag?
I thought I'd beat the inevitibility of death to death just a little bit.

GLP