Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,661 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 62,323
Pageviews Today: 130,518Threads Today: 78Posts Today: 1,069
01:23 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford missing since Thursday!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 703110
United States
06/23/2009 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford missing since Thursday!
That is stupid. How could someone have that much time on their hands? Not saying your answer is stupid, just that someone would do that.
 Quoting: OP from thread about Dallas 20 709911

OP, it happens all the time, it's a regular occurrence! Truly. We're not trying to lead you astray by telling you the realities online. If anything, we're trying to help you because you do indeed seem sincere in your quest.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
..I'LL take a stab at this.... & I sez he's shacked up in a hWY. 95 motel 6 ... with a jug of moonshine ,a couple of cases of beer & Sumpter so.carolina HO....wadda u think....? 5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 709363

That's way more plausible than Sorcha's skit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 548017
United States
06/23/2009 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
That is stupid. How could someone have that much time on their hands? Not saying your answer is stupid, just that someone would do that.
 Quoting: OP from thread about Dallas 20 709911

You can't be that naive? How long have you been on the internet?
Dread Pirate Roberts  (OP)

User ID: 13131
United States
06/23/2009 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Laugh if you like, but that wording may be more correct that you realize.

There is too much going on in this state (South Carolina) to take the time to put in writing, plus everybody wants links and it takes a long time to look up all the links.

Very briefly, the state has been structured (at least in part) for legal separation from the federal US. All this hs been posted on glp from time to time, but most people just don't get the connections.

June 23, 2009

South Carolina Governor Appeals For Russian Help To Succeed From United States

By: Sorcha Faal,

rofl

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 709483

if SC secedes from the US I would applaud. I am pretty serious about states' rights and I agree with Gov Sanford 100% that the Federal Government is taking over. We are a nation of states with a Federal Government, not the other way around. Sanford was attempting to remind his legislature of the former. They didn't listen..

However I would be skeptical of a Russian connection

Last Edited by Dread Pirate Roberts on 06/23/2009 02:19 PM
"From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 709861
United States
06/23/2009 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Now scorcha fuel is in this too?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP from thread about Dallas 20 709911--

If everything you have posted on this forum is the truth as you perceive it then you should stop posting here immediately.

You should go back to Dallas/Ft. Worth or find or hire a trustworthy, open minded but objective investigator to look into this for you.

If by some chance there really is Weirdness going on here, you are only attracting more strange energy by being here, getting pulled into fanciful rabbit holes and drawing attention to yourself to boot.

Don't let this consume your life.

You can come back later and give us an update.

Just one of my many opinions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 709483
United States
06/23/2009 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Laugh if you like, but that wording may be more correct that you realize.

There is too much going on in this state (South Carolina) to take the time to put in writing, plus everybody wants links and it takes a long time to look up all the links.

Very briefly, the state has been structured (at least in part) for legal separation from the federal US. All this hs been posted on glp from time to time, but most people just don't get the connections.

June 23, 2009

South Carolina Governor Appeals For Russian Help To Succeed From United States

By: Sorcha Faal,

rofl

OK, I'll play along. *IF* this were true, it would have to mean Sanford is totally batshit crazy.

Any history of that?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 548017

Sanford is crazy like a fox. Plus, his wife is a financial sharpey x 2. Sanford felt that Obama/fed factions are tryinig to take over the states with the bailout stimulus money. I see that it could work that way, by loaning huge dollars (in line credits coming off the printing presses) which forces the states into debt to the federal faction.

Sanford was trying to keep the state out of obligation to the federal faction. All we've got for legislators in Columbia are law breakers and low-level criminals.

Columbia "fixed" the digital voting machines in the important counties first, and in spite of continuing complaints have refused to allow verification of the digital ballots through printed verification. They are keeping themselves in control.

It ain't over yet !
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: RememberThis

Yeah, Faal's written a pot-boiler about how the govs. contacting the Russkies for help with seccession.

Like I said, it's not true, and if it was the russians have left him twisting in the breeze by publishing the article.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, Faal's written a pot-boiler about how the govs. contacting the Russkies for help with seccession.

Like I said, it's not true, and if it was the russians have left him twisting in the breeze by publishing the article.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 703110

chuckle
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah! Don't ya just love it? More to Sorcha's rumors that anyone is admitting.

Board has too many "Sanford" threads and readers are not easily able to pick up on info being put up.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah! Don't ya just love it? More to Sorcha's rumors that anyone is admitting.

Board has too many "Sanford" threads and readers are not easily able to pick up on info being put up.

Faal uses the factual info any of us can and do find on drudge. The twist is the spin, which is totaly X-Files and NEVER ONCE has amounted to anything.

True Facts.
Twisted Spin.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 642502
United States
06/23/2009 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did they find him?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did they find him?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 642502

Supposedly he's contacted the office when he heard about the commotion over his abscence, and will be back Wednesday.
Supposedly he's out hiking.

Interesting, being apparently incommunicado, how he came to know there was a commotion over his disappearence.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
True Facts.
Twisted Spin.

I don't know. I'd say there are quite a few made up "facts" as well. For example, I very strongly doubt Sanford was in Canada talking to the Russians about South Carolina leaving the Union.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
True Facts.
Twisted Spin.

I don't know. I'd say there are quite a few made up "facts" as well. For example, I very strongly doubt Sanford was in Canada talking to the Russians about South Carolina leaving the Union.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 548017

Not arguing, but quite agree.
Main true fact is that the Governor went missing a few days.
That's the crystal of truth around which the rest of the fabulous tale was spun.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't be foolish enough to bet that Sanford is left swingin' in the wind because news is leaked of his partay with the Russian Ambassador. Rather, more to the effect that the news "leaked" out cements Sanford's position with potential supporters and challenges his detractors.

How do you see this as cementing his position?

Assuming the truth of Faal's story, it would rather indicate an elected official entering into treaties with a foreign power without authorization to do so, in essence treason.

It would also indicate the Russians "outing" this alleged overture, for practical reasons of their own.

Leaving him "twisting in the breeze".
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
My guess is that South Carolina is going to have some legislators proven to be the straw men that they are.

And, there is another angle ....

The Afghanistan invasion by the US following 9/11 was to secure pipeline routes from the Caspian Sea to Pakistan and other points of sea departure for transport of valuable natural gas to ports in the US.

Some to to New Orleans, don't know status after Katrina.

Georgia was adding onto terminal storage capability at the time.

Feds were talking new interstate I-3 from Savannah to Knoxville Tennessee, which would route natural gas pipeline.

South Carolina started expanding port capability and there have been arguments. Dunno if there is competition with Georgia ports for accepting the natural gas.

Don't know who is "selling" the natural gas, but if someone cares to scroogle, they may find that it is Russia.

Now, wouldn't that be a cool coup if South Carolina governor guaranteed Russia US continental access to Russia for a huge market in natural gas?

Just sayin' dudes, there is always more to the story ........

music
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't be foolish enough to bet that Sanford is left swingin' in the wind because news is leaked of his partay with the Russian Ambassador. Rather, more to the effect that the news "leaked" out cements Sanford's position with potential supporters and challenges his detractors.

How do you see this as cementing his position?

Assuming the truth of Faal's story, it would rather indicate an elected official entering into treaties with a foreign power without authorization to do so, in essence treason.

It would also indicate the Russians "outing" this alleged overture, for practical reasons of their own.

Leaving him "twisting in the breeze".

Not necessarily. I explained earlier, somewhere on some Sanford thread, that there is ongoing legal action that can give South Carolina, or a part of the state, independent rights from federal authority.

Could be treason now, that's a stretch considering everything the Bush-Cheney-Clinton cabal have done, but after Supreme Court decision, m o o t.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 683924
United States
06/23/2009 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
His mysterious disappearance and reappearance is very strange?! Something just doesn't seem right, who got to him and what did they want?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Could be treason now, that's a stretch considering everything the Bush-Cheney-Clinton cabal have done, but after Supreme Court decision, m o o t.

Perhaps you're better versed in such legalities than me, so I'll refrain from disagreeing further and wait and see.

I do however contest the validity of the tale told by Sorcha Faal, upon which the question of treasonous activity would rest.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
His mysterious disappearance and reappearance is very strange?! Something just doesn't seem right, who got to him and what did they want?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 683924

And don't forget the unexpected death of very effective criminal prosecutor in South Carolina. Co-incidence?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
If Sic Willie is on board, let me know. I'll throw in some other stuff. North of South Carolina v South of South Carolina kind of thing.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone seen him yet?
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

Perhaps you're better versed in such legalities than me, so I'll refrain from disagreeing further and wait and see.

I do however contest the validity of the tale told by Sorcha Faal, upon which the question of treasonous activity would rest.

The legislators do "it" all the time, the meet and greet, partay kind of thing. Who said he's negotiated anything?

We've got the NAU staring us in the face! If there is someone out there throwing curve balls, well .... more power to them to do it. Better than having Guiliani throw all the pitches.

United States
06/23/2009 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone seen him yet?

he is supposed to return to work Wed.

[link to firstread.msnbc.msn.com]
From NBC's Mark Murray
Mark Sanford's office has announced that the South Carolina governor -- "taken aback by all of the interest" in his trip -- will return to work tomorrow. Said spokesman Joel Sawyer in an e-mail to reporters:

Governor Sanford called to check in with his Chief of Staff this morning. It would be fair to say the governor was somewhat taken aback by all of the interest this trip has gotten. Given the circumstances and the attention this has garnered, the governor communicated to us that he plans on returning to the office tomorrow.
"From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone seen him yet?

he is supposed to return to work Wed.

[link to firstread.msnbc.msn.com]
From NBC's Mark Murray
Mark Sanford's office has announced that the South Carolina governor -- "taken aback by all of the interest" in his trip -- will return to work tomorrow. Said spokesman Joel Sawyer in an e-mail to reporters:

Governor Sanford called to check in with his Chief of Staff this morning. It would be fair to say the governor was somewhat taken aback by all of the interest this trip has gotten. Given the circumstances and the attention this has garnered, the governor communicated to us that he plans on returning to the office tomorrow.
 Quoting: Dread Pirate Roberts

I guess we wait and see dread.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some insist they saw him with this group of hikers on the Appalachian Trail.

Glad you've got your zoom glasses with ya.

[link to www.fitsnews.com]

Has anyone seen him yet?

United States
06/23/2009 03:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
this article raises good questions

Missing persons update: Gov. Sanford found (sort of)
June 23, 2009 at 12:47 pm by Asher Smith in News

Has South Carolina’s missing governor been located at last? One of his spokesmen has gone on the record, issuing a statement that Mark Sanford, who was completely out of touch for five days, was off “hiking along the Appalachian Trail” and will return to work tomorrow.

Which, if true, doesn’t quite answer the question of why his wife said he needed time to do some writing, or why she didn’t know exactly where he was, or why he’d elect to “hike along the Appalachian Trail” on Father’s Day Weekend.

It’s still a mystery as to why authorities revealed that they had tracked his cell phone to the Atlanta area — as it’s plain to see, the trail doesn’t exactly start in the metro region. And as Josh Marshall over at TPM points out, the fact that authorities were even worried enough to track down his phone in the first place raises questions.

Here’s to wondering what “hiking the Appalachian Trail” will end up proving a euphemism for as this story unfolds. Now that it seems clear, at least, that the Palmetto State governor is safe, it doesn’t seem insensitive to hold out hope that it’s something hilarious. Or it might just be something as mundane as naked hiking — it turns out that Father’s Day was indeed Naked Hiking Day on the Appalachian Trail.
[link to blogs.creativeloafing.com]
----------------------------

Also this:
Why did Mark Sanford's staff essentially lie to the office of Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer about whether it had been in contact with the governor?
[link to tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com]

United States
06/23/2009 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Has anyone seen him yet?

Adam Fogle of the Palmetto Scoop was on CNN today at 3:30 to discuss the disappearance. Sorry I missed it! Palmettoscoop.com has been doing a great job with this story
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/23/2009 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Has anyone seen him yet?

butt butt butt butt LOL butt

GLP