Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,801 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 432,671
Pageviews Today: 680,638Threads Today: 257Posts Today: 4,164
07:31 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Email from Special Agent Mike Duffey on warrantless searches of MySpace, Yahoo and ATT

falldown
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 520470
United States
07/01/2009 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Email from Special Agent Mike Duffey on warrantless searches of MySpace, Yahoo and ATT
[link to wikileaks.org]

June 30, 2009
Summary
Email from Mike Duffey, Special Agent, Florida Department of Law Enforcement Computer Crime Center, to the ICAC Task Force mailing list, describing the ease with which he obtained a suspect's information from MySpace (within 20 minutes), and the technicalities he had trying to get similar information from Yahoo and AT&T when claiming "exigent circumstances".
~
~
"He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." ~Elbert Hubbard
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 715798
United States
07/01/2009 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Email from Special Agent Mike Duffey on warrantless searches of MySpace, Yahoo and ATT
Agent Mike Duffey is using this horrible crime against a child to circumvent the law. He needed a subpoena. He wasted precious time by not obeying the law.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 532628
United States
07/01/2009 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Email from Special Agent Mike Duffey on warrantless searches of MySpace, Yahoo and ATT
So, how did he do it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 715755
United States
07/01/2009 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I understand the need for a subpoena. Given the circumstances, that is a tough shot to call. Child molestation is a particularly heinous offense. It appears there was a justifiable cause, with evidence, to seek immediate action. Defining the rules with legislation was subject to interpretation as to what ECPA allows and doesn't permit. Let's get on the same page here!
ALeopardSanctuary

User ID: 716141
Canada
07/01/2009 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
yeah
Agent Mike Duffey is using this horrible crime against a child to circumvent the law. He needed a subpoena. He wasted precious time by not obeying the law.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 715798

Brother sun, intuition moon. Home at the forest.

Sure every post I have mentions goat blood...How do you think we get plasma tv's?

Organic needs are being assaulted. I'm not amused by this & encourage all to grow heirloom seed for themselves.

The garden gives greatest power.
Diabetes curing food list [Forget the FDA - Think for yourself]:
Thread: Every item recently recalled by FDA for salmonella has diabetic healing also prostate Big Pharma rids their competition
Sou£

User ID: 716131
United States
07/02/2009 12:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
He can search my myspace account all he wants, I only have it to be ironic
Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 699520
United States
07/02/2009 12:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
yeah

Quoting: ALeopardSanctuary

(sigh) and this is new? I don't think so....

hf

GLP