Steve McNair dead at 36, victim of an apparent murder-suicide

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 374095
United States
07/05/2009 08:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Steve McNair dead at 36, victim of an apparent murder-suicide
Multiple gunshots in a condominium with no related tenant police calls.....hmmmm...

Bodies discovered by a friend....apparently with a firearm...

Did that firearm have a silencer attached....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 718678
United States
07/05/2009 11:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
A biohazard warning sign is posted on the door of the condominium in Nashville, Tenn., Sunday, July 5, 2009, where Steve McNair was found dead Saturday, July 4.

Investigators Classify McNair and Kazim's Relationship as Romantic
Posted: July 5, 2009 09:42 PM

Images of Kazemi and McNair on a vacation surfaced on TMZ.com.

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- Investigators confirmed McNair and 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi were dating, and brand-new pictures of the couple on an exotic vacation have surfaced.
Steve McNair was shot 4-times, twice in the head, twice in the chest. He was seated on the couch. His girlfriend Sahel Kazemi died of a single gunshot wound to the head. She was lying on the floor of the same room. The murder weapon, a semi automatic pistol, was found underneath her body.
Physical evidence could suggest a murder - suicide, but investigators aren't labeling it that just yet. Interviews with friends and folks in their inner circle should tell detectives whether the shooting was triggered by a lovers' quarrel.
Police also surmise the couple died in the wee hours of 4th of July morning, long before the two bodies were discovered early Saturday afternoon. Police say McNair was spotted at two Nashville Night Spots Friday, Blue Lagoon and Loosers.
Police aren't sure whether Kazemi was with him that night, but she did get home before McNair did. The Cadillac Escalade she drove, registered to her and McNair was parked outside.
Mcnair co-rented the condominium unit, and shared a full-time house in Green Hills with his wife, Mehelle.
Mcnair's condo neighbors say he and Kazemi were openly affectionate outdoors, and close friends knew why he kept a secondary residence. This married man, and father of 4, who led a very public life -- also had a very private one.

[link to www.newschannel5.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 442346
United States
07/05/2009 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Like I said..
Murder-suicide.
She gets credit for a sack.
anonymous
User ID: 719101
United States
07/05/2009 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
how many women does a playa need .. as many as he can sack. this dude proves the point that this creep was still getting women pregnant and would not get himself "fixed" nor buy her BC pills, but instead co signed for a new Cadilac . ...i see stupid all over this mans life. and great tradegy for his kids . this gal had no idea that this affair would cost her , her own life . why was she not on BC .this dude was a playa . he would not stayed to raise this new kid cause he was a career playa ..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 719121
United States
07/05/2009 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 711168
United States
07/06/2009 12:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
JUST ANOTHER DUMB OVERPAID ATHELETE THAT AMERICANS RAISE AS AN IDOL.
Sou£  (OP)

User ID: 718254
United States
07/06/2009 12:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
JUST ANOTHER DUMB OVERPAID ATHELETE THAT AMERICANS RAISE AS AN IDOL.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 711168

I bet he could spell athlete though.
Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 719128
South Korea
07/06/2009 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to photos.tmz.com]
Sou£  (OP)

User ID: 718254
United States
07/06/2009 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 719128

Damn, she was a little hottie.
Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 706745
United States
07/06/2009 06:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Married ex-NFL superstar Steve McNair -- who was found shot to death next to the body of his girlfriend -- had promised her he would get a divorce, her sister has revealed.
But there's no known record of the former Tennessee Titan filing for a divorce from his wife, Mechelle.

"She would never kill anyone, ever. Or anything. Not even a little bug. I want people to know that . . . I believe there is a third person involved."

[link to www.nypost.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 712420
Germany
07/06/2009 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
They should investigate the male relatives of that woman. It could be a honour-killing scenario.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 442346
United States
07/06/2009 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't believe any other playa's will get credit for this sack. Just the girl...
{ARCHER}

User ID: 599924
United States
07/06/2009 08:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Holy Shit! You mean to tell me that a black guy got shot.
No!
Nailer45

User ID: 716801
United States
07/06/2009 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Holy Shit! You mean to tell me that a black guy got shot.
No!
 Quoting: {ARCHER}

yes he died from lead poisoning.
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 705617
United States
07/06/2009 08:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
While Metro Police has reported that details are sketchy, NashvillePost.com sources say that at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday morning, McNair was celebrating the holidays at the Blue Moon Restaurant near the John C. Tune Airport.

According to the same NashvillePost.com sources, a white woman in her early 20s, around 5-foot-4, approached McNair at the restaurant and accused him of slipping her a “roofie” a year ago.

The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him.

Roofie is a slang term for Rohypnol, a sedative dating back to the early 1970s that is used in hospitals for deep sedation, but is now a fairly infamous date-rape drug.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 706745

That threat is just a bit too coincidental.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 719442
South Korea
07/06/2009 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Woman with McNair bought gun, relative told

A relative of the woman found shot to death with Steve McNair said Monday that Nashville police told him she recently purchased a gun and that police believe they are almost sure she was the shooter.
[link to abclocal.go.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 719586
United States
07/06/2009 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
thats what you get when you screw around on your wife..
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/06/2009 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I find it curious that you can fire a gun a half dozen times in a densely populated condominium...and nobody calls the police...

If the police report were to show a silencer attached to the weapon under the female victim....well that would seem plausible...
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
07/06/2009 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Update: Nashville police have confirmed that Kazemi bought the gun that was found at the scene on Saturday
USAToday Sports
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 460855
United States
07/06/2009 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.newschannel5.com]

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed. Police said McNair suffered a gunshot would in an apparent murder-suicide in downtown Nashville.

Stay with NewsChannel5.com for more information as it becomes available.

Damn...

murder-suicide??

I wonder who the bastard murdered? Or was he the victim?

The way it's worded, I think Steve was murdered, and the killer took their own life.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 718070

my experience with middle easterners is that the fathers don't put up with their daughters dating blacks. Don't be surprised if it was Salemis pop that did them both and is now in the middle east somewhere never to return.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 631265
United States
07/06/2009 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
RIP AIR MCNAIR

its a sad day in Nashville indeed
Anonymous Coward
South Korea
07/06/2009 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
"my experience with middle easterners is that the fathers don't put up with their daughters dating blacks. Don't be surprised if it was Salemis pop that did them both and is now in the middle east somewhere never to return."
He had met with her family.
While some are trying to look at the good things that Steve McNair did on earth before his demise on Saturday involving is 20-year-old “girlfriend,” more things are coming out pointing to McNair leading somewhat of a double life that involved keeping this romance with Sahel Kazemi, aka “Jenny” somewhat hidden.
Reports today point out that McNair’s wife - Mechelle McNair, was NOT aware of the relationship with Kazemi, this despite the fact that Steve McNair continued to tell Sahel that the couple was in the process of getting a divorce. The Tennessean points out that there currently is no divorce pending, at least in Nashville, but that McNair’s house is for sale.
The pair met in January at Dave and Buster’s, where Kazemi worked. “He was one of the nice guys who would talk to you, not like the other athletes,” said Brandon Millichamp to The Tennessean, who worked with Kazemi at the restaurant. “And she was a super sweet girl. I was surprised to hear about their dating and this was so out of the blue.”
Kazemi came to Nashville about four years ago with her at the time boyfriend, Keith Norfleet, who is not a suspect in the case. Norfleet and Kazemi broke up about six months ago, and that’s when she started hooking up with McNair.
Then in May, for her 20th birthday, McNair got her a black Cadillac Escalade. That weekend Kazemi’s family met McNair at a dinner. Kazemi also drove around town in McNair’s Bentley, telling those that would listen about McNair getting a divorce and eventually that the two would get married.
“We went out to dinner and she was so happy and was having fun. Were we happy about the relationship? No,” said Farzin Abdi, Kazemi’s nephew to the Tennessean. “I don’t know if he had filed for divorce but I thought it wouldn’t happen.”
The nephew appears right. With no divorce in sight, it sounds like McNair was doing what unfortunately so many pro athletes do - cheat on their spouses and lead a life supporting other women with the millions of dollars they make.
It sounds like McNair supported Kazemi, paying for things and taking her on trips to Key West in Florida, Las Vegas, California, Hawaii and McNair’s farm in Mississippi.
All this with his wife not being aware of it. McNair may have been a charitable guy with a good heart, but in the end, it sounds like his relationship with a 20-year-old woman not his wife was the one thing that broke the quarterback that was known to his teammates and fans to be indestructible.
[link to www.nflgridirongab.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 720189
South Korea
07/07/2009 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
update

These are the questions that are unresolved in this case.

1) while the ATF has traced the purchase of the handgun found at the scene and have confirmed the gun was purchased by Kazemi; they have not said if that gun was the murder weapon
2) they have not released the results of all the forensic evidence gathered at the crime scene
3)they are following up on a face book posting from 2 days prior that seems to have predicted the murders;
4) McNairs death has been ruled a homicide; Kazemis death has not been ruled a suicide
ATTC

User ID: 695941
United States
07/07/2009 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
RIP Air McNair
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 652284
United States
07/07/2009 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
there is no doubt how that ended; "hey baby it's been fun but I'm going back to my wife and kids" then bang! bang! bang!
Grumpy Scribe

User ID: 720589
United States
07/07/2009 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
McNair celebrates diversity! McNair celebrates inter-racial dating, although it's usually the white chick who gets killed on the way out.
Maobama's Housing Plan for USA
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/07/2009 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I find it curious that you can fire a gun a half dozen times in a densely populated condominium...and nobody calls the police...

If the police report were to show a silencer attached to the weapon under the female victim....well that would seem plausible...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 374095

I repeat myself.
Lapis

User ID: 667932
United States
07/07/2009 08:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
there is no doubt how that ended; "hey baby it's been fun but I'm going back to my wife and kids" then bang! bang! bang!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 652284

yup, that's almost certainly what happened. But usually 20-year-old girls do not buy a gun and off people. that is very very rare for young girls to do.

Steve definitely let his Dick do his thinking for him on this one
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 720363
South Korea
07/07/2009 09:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
What happened may never be known. It's a high profile case for that area. The police are being cautious.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 706745
United States
07/07/2009 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jeff Fisher remembers Steve McNair not only as a great player but as a great man and friend. Coach Fisher is a class act.

GLP