07/19/2009 03:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
GLP Experiment - Stop censoring threads/posts
POLL: What will be the downfall of society
 Political correctness (tact)
 Hate
 Blank (View Results) 

Let's try for a week to not censor any posts or threads, except for spam advertisement. Let anybody say what they want about race, religion, sex including sexual orientation, religion, even allow the personal attacks that include members names.

According to the poll here
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com] 90% of Glpers are tired of having to be tolerant (politically correct), and told what they can and cannot say. 90% of people think they should never have to use tact, and should just say whatever's on their mind. After a week we'll see whether using tact or hate will be the downfall of the GLP community.

My hypothesis is that this forum will devolve into a place where people take out their personal frustrations on demographic groups in which they don't belong to. The level of intelligent posts and threads will decrease significantly as will the site traffic.

The results will be judged by the increase or decrease in amount of traffic here. You could also measure the results by how many active members stop coming here. Furthermore you can see how many more complaints the mods receive about other members.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Reece2076  (OP)

User ID: 729198
China
07/19/2009 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GLP Experiment - Stop censoring threads/posts
I'll go ahead an state that I'll probably still come around as I have for the past 7 years. ( Assuming I don't get banned for my opinions. ) If I find a post offensive I'll either choose to respond to it or just ignore it. From my experience here a lot of other posters are more easily offended, and aren't very tolerant of views they disagree with. I'm not sure if that is true for mods or if they are just following orders. But from what I've seen 90% of people who post here aren't tolerant of views different than their own.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 428255
Bulgaria
07/19/2009 03:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I voted political corectness, but in fact political corectness and hate`s the same thing. Political corectness is the biggest hate - hate against the freedom to express yourself, hate against what we are, hate against those who don`t share your views etc.
Evil Twin

07/19/2009 03:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
We have a small contingent of very dedicated trolls who would love nothing better than posting as much inflammatory crap as they could to drive away traffic.
Virginia

User ID: 728700
United States
07/19/2009 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
If thats a really your boat, I just wanna say it has a dinky little bow rail.
Milk Edition
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 03:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
I voted political corectness, but in fact political corectness and hate`s the same thing. Political corectness is the biggest hate - hate against the freedom to express yourself, hate against what we are, hate against those who don`t share your views etc.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 428255

People who are politically correct or use tact don't necessarily hate those who they disagree with. If they do they are just as bad as the haters they point fingers at.

I can honestly say I don't hate anyone. I may disagree with a lot of people, but my disagreement rarely devolves into hate for those people. I may think they are wrong, ignorant, and have low intelligence, but rarely do I feel a strong feeling such as hate toward them.

I tend to mind my own business and don't concern myself with the lives and beliefs of others.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 729208
Australia
07/19/2009 03:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
We have a small contingent of very dedicated trolls who would love nothing better than posting as much inflammatory crap as they could to drive away traffic.
 Quoting: Evil Twin

Let em do it..it will drive away all the fuckwits as well.

Most of the trolls on here are thin skinned brainless fucks...so..a little "inflamtory" posting might scare them away.

At the end of the week BAN them all and we will be left with the very serious posters and hardcore GLP crowd who have been coming here for years and all the poofy softcock thinskinned tards will find some other "overly tollerant" forum..like AE to go and fuck up..and WE can get back to the good old days again like it was back in 2003-4 before all the tards showed up.
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 03:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Do you really think the only reason they post inflammatory crap just to drive away traffic? I'm sure a lot of them actually believe in what they are saying and simply want to express themselves. The end result may be less traffic; but that's probably why the forum owner decided that a certain level of political correctness would be more beneficial to his community.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Anonymous Coward
Bulgaria
07/19/2009 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Let em do it..it will drive away all the fuckwits as well.

Most of the trolls on here are thin skinned brainless fucks...so..a little "inflamtory" posting might scare them away.

At the end of the week BAN them all and we will be left with the very serious posters and hardcore GLP crowd who have been coming here for years and all the poofy softcock thinskinned tards will find some other "overly tollerant" forum..like AE to go and fuck up..and WE can get back to the good old days again like it was back in 2003-4 before all the tards showed up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 729208

Yup, we really need to lower the political corectness here. No doubt, ATS, Dicke`s forum etc are far less free, but we still need an improvement.
Evil Twin

07/19/2009 03:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Do you really think the only reason they post inflammatory crap just to drive away traffic? I'm sure a lot of them actually believe in what they are saying and simply want to express themselves. The end result may be less traffic; but that's probably why the forum owner decided that a certain level of political correctness would be more beneficial to his community.
 Quoting: Reece2076

Not the only reason. We do have a few genuine psycho style racist freaks, but really not that many. Most of it is the same few people being dicks for the sake of being dicks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 710324
United States
07/19/2009 03:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
This site will turn into stormfront if that happens. Those people spread out to whatever sites let them. I've seen GLP in the past nearly overrun by those types. The ones who post titles about how Jews and Blacks and Mexicans are responsible for all the problems in the world and in their life. Since it was not tolerated in the past, those types usually go back underneath their rock at racist sites.
Evil Twin

07/19/2009 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's not an easy line to straddle. We try to allow people to express themselves as freely as possible without getting stigmatized as a "hate" site.

We all want the site to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.
Anonymous Coward
Bulgaria
07/19/2009 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
how Jews and Blacks and Mexicans are responsible for all the problems in the world
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 710324

So what`s the problem here? They have an opinion. Is that too different than "Illuminati are responsible for all the problems in the world"?
Anonymous Coward
Bulgaria
07/19/2009 03:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
We try to allow people to express themselves as freely as possible without getting stigmatized as a "hate" site.

Well not really, because i`ve seen many times mods justifying certain thread deletion with the argument that there will be much bashing and bigoted comments in it (Which means it`s not actually deleted because the thread itself is wrong/hateful etc). hmm
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 03:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's not an easy line to straddle. We try to allow people to express themselves as freely as possible without getting stigmatized as a "hate" site.

I was just about to respond to your response to me but then I saw this. What is your opinion of Trinity's pinned thread about political correctness and hate? Because it seems like you also agree with a certain level of being politically correct and using tact; as I'm sure Trinity is since he is the one who makes the rules here about what people can and cannot post.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Evil Twin

07/19/2009 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
We try to allow people to express themselves as freely as possible without getting stigmatized as a "hate" site.

Well not really, because i`ve seen many times mods justifying certain thread deletion with the argument that there will be much bashing and bigoted comments in it (Which means it`s not actually deleted because the thread itself is wrong/hateful etc). hmm

We don't always feel like baby-sitting threads to pick out the worst replies, and we've all been here long enough to have a pretty good idea which threads are going to require constant baby-sitting.
mathetes

User ID: 514914
United States
07/19/2009 03:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

I have a better ideal...start your own forum where you bitch constantly
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Resist Hate
User ID: 729261
Cyprus
07/19/2009 03:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I agree, it seems that any independant thinkers here are doomed. There is a lot of c*******p here and b*****g for non conformists.
Resist Hate
User ID: 653356
Cyprus
07/19/2009 03:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: mathetes

Whats the point of having a forum if it does not support free and open discussion, other wise its masturbation, propoganda and min*****rol.
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 03:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: mathetes

Do I bitch constantly? Funny I thought I was one of the most tolerant people here. You on the other hand I see bitch constantly about your religious and political views to others who disagree with you.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 419551
United States
07/19/2009 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
In answer to the OP.

Neither, there will be no downfall.
Evil Twin

07/19/2009 04:02 AM
Report Abusive Post

I was just about to respond to your response to me but then I saw this. What is your opinion of Trinity's pinned thread about political correctness and hate? Because it seems like you also agree with a certain level of being politically correct and using tact; as I'm sure Trinity is since he is the one who makes the rules here about what people can and cannot post.

I think that not being "politically correct" does not equate to hate.

I think some tact is necessary in civilized society, but it goes too far when people feel like they can't express their disapproval of something.

For instance, homosexuality turns my stomach at some levels. I think it's unnatural. But I don't hate gay people. I do hate that it's being pushed on us so hard that being gay is perfectly normal.

For the record, I've never gotten any direct instruction from Trinity or anyone else on what to allow and what to not allow, other than no brainers like death threats and DMCA violations. We all use our own discretion and only hear about it if we're fucking up.
Whee! 8D (Quebec)

User ID: 723359
Canada
07/19/2009 04:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
3) Stupidity.
The world woud be a thousand times better place if more cults existed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 673558
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
In answer to the OP.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 419551

I agree. This thread is a response to another where people think somehow America will fall. Hate and Political correctness (tact) have coexisted for a long time and yet America remains strong.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Whee! 8D (Quebec)

User ID: 723359
Canada
07/19/2009 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
how Jews and Blacks and Mexicans are responsible for all the problems in the world

So what`s the problem here? They have an opinion. Is that too different than "Illuminati are responsible for all the problems in the world"?

Yeah but it's false and irrational.

Hm......... When I think about it.... It would be a great occasion to tell the how retarded, weak and pussy they are to blame everyone else for what they are responsible of.
The world woud be a thousand times better place if more cults existed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 673558
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

I think that not being "politically correct" does not equate to hate.

I think some tact is necessary in civilized society, but it goes too far when people feel like they can't express their disapproval of something.

For instance, homosexuality turns my stomach at some levels. I think it's unnatural. But I don't hate gay people. I do hate that it's being pushed on us so hard that being gay is perfectly normal.

For the record, I've never gotten any direct instruction from Trinity or anyone else on what to allow and what to not allow, other than no brainers like death threats and DMCA violations. We all use our own discretion and only hear about it if we're fucking up.

"I think that not being "politically correct" does not equate to hate."

I agree.

"I think some tact is necessary in civilized society"

I agree.

"but it goes too far when people feel like they can't express their disapproval of something."

That's the part I don't get. I rarely get that feeling. I always say what I want to say. Last time I checked free speech was still constitutional and not against the law. I think some people hold their tongue because they want to be accepted and not looked down upon. That is their choice.

Other people would not feel good about themselves if they did not express their true beliefs. These same people care more about how they feel about themselves than what others may think about them.

"For instance, homosexuality turns my stomach at some levels. I think it's unnatural. But I don't hate gay people. I do hate that it's being pushed on us so hard that being gay is perfectly normal."

I agree that there seems to be an agenda in hollywood to push homosexuality. Probably because many of the producers and others in the industry are gay. Though it's my personal belief being gay is natural since people are born that way. I just can't see why anyone in this society would choose to be gay. At the same time I'm probably a little homophobic since I would prefer that my kids not turn out that way. If they did I would be very very disappointed, but I would still love them because they are my kids.

As far as gay people are concerned I could care less what they do in their personal lives. As long as they don't try to push their gayness on me.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

User ID: 725691
United States
07/19/2009 04:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
:ombadideas:
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 717032
United States
07/19/2009 05:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
In answer to the OP.

I agree. This thread is a response to another where people think somehow America will fall. Hate and Political correctness (tact) have coexisted for a long time and yet America remains strong.

America won't fall because of hate. It'll fall because we have ended our coasting along off of our manufacturing base developed during and after WWII. We simply cannot compete in the world because our labor is way too expensive.
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 05:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Only Me

OM I will disregard this since I think you missed the point of this thread. I don't seriously think allowing all posts and threads is a good idea. This is a response to the pinned thread about why people should be tolerant, politically correct, and use tact. It seems you would agree that a certain level of censorship and political correctness is appropriate.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Only Me
Strawberry Girl

User ID: 725691
United States
07/19/2009 05:04 AM

Report Abusive Post

OM I will disregard this since I think you missed the point of this thread. I don't seriously think allowing all posts and threads is a good idea. This is a response to the pinned thread about why people should be tolerant, politically correct, and use tact. It seems you would agree that a certain level of censorship and political correctness is appropriate.

and i just wanted to use my new smilie
Goodbye, halcyon days...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory mentioned, which states that this has already happened.
Reece2076  (OP)

China
07/19/2009 05:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
In answer to the OP.

America won't fall because of hate. It'll fall because we have ended our coasting along off of our manufacturing base developed during and after WWII. We simply cannot compete in the world because our labor is way too expensive.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 717032

America has been through a lot over the past couple hundred years and it still remains strong. Though it has evolved and is no longer the same as it was 50 years ago, it doesn't mean it's declining. The people will just have to evolve with the new society, just as people did during the industrial revolution.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder

GLP