07/30/2009 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Ex American Idol Contestant Says Show Is Rigged
POLL: Is American Idol Rigged?
 Yes
 No
 Blank (View Results) 

Some ousted season 8 American Idol top 36 semi-finalists--including Felicia Barton, Kendall Beard, and Ju'Not Joyner--participated in an online chat with the Idol website AI Now today. And during his frank online conversation with fans, Ju'Not came right out and said that the TV talent show is in fact rigged, and that its contracts are unfair to contestants.

"It's a fixed thing if I ever saw one," he boldly declared--much to the shock of many naive chatters, who responded with capslocked interjections and frowny-faced emoticons.

It was hardly the first time that AmIdol had been accused of wrongdoing. A book loosely based on anonymous former Idol employees' experiences with the show, Stage 46, made similar allegations last year. But few detractors have ever been as brutally honest as Ju'Not was today.

Ju'Not--who by his own account was labeled a "troublemaker" by Idol producers for questioning the contract (which he dubbed a "slavetract") that all auditioners are required by Fox/19 to sign, and was allegedly told by Idol bigwig Ken Warwick, "You're not going to ruin my show"--explained that he wanted to set the record straight today. He stated that he wanted to reveal "truth of Idol" because "Idol ain't all it is cracked up to be...It's certainly not the fairytale most think it is."

Ju'Not claimed he was cut from the competition, and not invited back for the Wild Card round (a shock to many viewers wowed by his memorable "Hey There Delilah" performance) because of his concerns regarding the fairness of the Idol contract.

"They pay for our lawyers to negotiate against their lawyer (which is BS)," he said. "They make us COLLECTIVELY choose the lawyer, then they act like it's in our best interest. Craziest stuff I've ever seen. I have a son to feed. I HAD to ask questions and know what I was signing. Plus I write my own songs and I needed to know details...Some folks were like, 'Just shut up and sign on the dotted line.' I know better than that...I wasn't complaining...I was asking basic legal questions. There's a huge difference between the two."

He continued: "I definitely believed that affected my time on the show. They didn't like the fact that I wouldn't sign 'just anything' and that other contestants were coming asking me questions. So I think they ousted me the first chance they could get...Even if I didn't get in on votes...how did I not get picked for the Wild Card show when I received comments from the 'judges' that were better than most of the contestants who were picked for the Wild Card show?"

Ju'Not also theorized that he was not selected for the top 13 because he refused to let the show's producers exploit his sympathetic "back story" of being from "the hood." Said Ju'Not: "They wanted me to put that out to the world and expose my personal business for ratings. I wouldn't do it."

While Ju'Not made it clear he believes Kris Allen is indeed talented and deserved to win this season, he also maintained that Kris's victory was fixed. "The producers know who they want and they slant it to reflect that. They fix it in a way that makes you surprised but it's still manipulated," he typed. "Think about it...ADAM, ADAM, ADAM, then...Kris....SURPRISE SMITHCHES!!!!

"What I mean is that people think AI is a talent show," he elaborated. "No. It's a reality show with writers!! We're all actors. All these shows have writers that guide the public opinion. The Hills, Real World. All of them." He even bluntly questioned the validity of the public's votes, saying, "Do you think a billion-dollar enterprise is subject to the whim of the public?"

Naturally, while some chat participants applauded Ju'Not's frankness, others questioned his motives, since few other Idol contestants have come forth with such accusations. Ju'Not explained: "No one else is complaining because a lot of the contestants don't understand how this business works. They've never had record deals or seen a record contract...I have. So I knew what questions to ask. It's kinda like ignorance is bliss. Some contestants may have thought it was just cool to be on TV, but this is my career. I take this thing VERY seriously...Very few people spoke up. They saw me as the ringleader. I'm not naming names. Because I have nothing against the other Idols."

So, was Ju'Not speaking the truth? If so, then he is to be commended for his bravery. But it's possible he was just trying to drum up publicity for the "hot" new album he's self-releasing this winter, in which case he's a typical showbiz opportunist. Or maybe he's just a bitter reject, desperately angling for a 16th minute of fame and dreaming of what might have been. All of this is up for debate.

But there is no debate that Ju'Not is, as he worded it today, "a straight-up person." He definitely went there.
[link to new.music.yahoo.com]
[link to idol-thoughts.com]

Last Edited by Reece2076 on 07/30/2009 10:54 AM
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Source
User ID: 738042
United States
07/30/2009 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Ex American Idol Contestant Says Show Is Rigged
Hello.
Could you please include a link back to our site? The original source of the exclusive interview with Ju`Not.

Many thanks,
AI Now Team
"All Things Idol Start Here"
www.AINow.tk
www.Twitter.com/AINow
wingedlion/whiterider​
User ID: 738049
United States
07/30/2009 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
I voted no; I think that if the show had been rigged, then Adam Lambert, the favorite, would have won this year, but the "religious right" showed their voting power by storming the phone lines and voted for ...what's his name.

Oh Yeah, I think his name is Chris something. No? Oh Well.
40 creek

User ID: 737944
Canada
07/30/2009 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
who gives a fuck?
TX PATRIOT
User ID: 737889
Thailand
07/30/2009 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello.
Could you please include a link back to our site? The original source of the exclusive interview with Ju`Not.

Many thanks,
AI Now Team
www.AINow.tk
www.Twitter.com/AINow
 Quoting: Source 738042

LMAO...WTF ^^^??

And who the hell watches Am Idol anyway...especially those on GLP? Or am I far overestimating the intellectual level here? ;)

Sinanju2

User ID: 736720
United States
07/30/2009 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello.

Many thanks,
AI Now Team
www.AINow.tk
www.Twitter.com/AINow
 Quoting: Source 738042

>>FUCK off, fanboy.
I don't do book reports, I don't sort the wheat from the chaff but I will discuss the topic of your ignorance if I'm asked. -MC Frontalot

“But make no mistake, BP is operating at our direction...” -Barry Obammy
Reece2076  (OP)

User ID: 737821
China
07/30/2009 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello.

Many thanks,
AI Now Team
www.AINow.tk
www.Twitter.com/AINow

LMAO...WTF ^^^??

And who the hell watches Am Idol anyway...especially those on GLP? Or am I far overestimating the intellectual level here? ;)

Quoting: TX PATRIOT 737889

I haven't actually watched the show in a few years. When I did it was just the auditions at the beginning of the season. I thought those were interesting.

I posted the article because it is a conspiracy and entertaining, so it fits right in at GLP.
As Above, So Below

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 574254
United States
07/30/2009 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here is another clue to who is running AI... Why would an English dude be on the panel? It is not called England Idol! Seems they need to be in charge of "THEIR" property just like the American schools hammered us with the words "The Virginia Company", that was an on going investment deal with the biggest investor was the Vatican.
Research that one and surprise, surprise. Euro Idol!
voice

User ID: 738006
United States
07/30/2009 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Of course the show is rigged.......how do you think some of the early contestants get videoed at home, when they are just auditioning for the first time that day? LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 98008
United States
07/30/2009 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
THIS POLL IS RIGGED TOO ahhh
dead horse
User ID: 738073
United States
07/30/2009 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Of course it is rigged. The record companies have always rigged what gets played on the air and who will become the music biz 'stars'. Have you not noticed that the only 'big things' in music in the last 10 years have been AI contestants? Some of these people have a bit of experience, but few have actually paid their dues in the business. Unfortunately, you'll have to go searching on the net to find those who deserve the fame and money, but at least it's easier to find them that way than in the past. I am proud that I have NEVER watched a single episode of this slap-in-the-face to real talent.

GLP